Do you love California?

Do you love California?

Other urls found in this thread:

census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/geographic-mobility/state-to-state-migration.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>N*rth California
literally who

>North
Flyover detected

Fun place to visit, would not want to live

SoCal a shit.
NorCal is okay but ruined by having to share a state with dirty southerners.

NO, FUCKING CALIFORNIANS ARE RUINING NEVADA! REEEEEEEEEE FUCKING GET OUT YOU CALIFORNIANS! GIT OUT!

Of course. Its a goddamned mess but its our mess.

Also only absolute faggots in San Francisco care about North vs. South California. But we still love them because they are our absolute faggots.

Explain. We like Nevada, its probably the only other state we give a shit about. We don't want to ruin it.

Yeah.

It's okay

the abomination...

Baja California Best California

Californians keep moving here and are "californicating" Nevada. Soon Nevada will share many of the same problems California has like water problems, traffic problems, education problems, housing problems. Our politics will soon mirror your politics. Nevada will become more left-winged, and Nevada will lose its identity.

>North vs. South California
Doubt you're Californian considering people say NorCal and SoCal, or Northern California and Southern California.
Literally only ever hear out-of-staters and foreigners say North/South California.
Heard one woman who thought it was NoCal instead of NorCal

Lower California will be reunited with Upper California one day :)

Speaking of which stop fucking coming here and saying "SoDak and NoDak" like it's a thing

They're doing the same shit here in Oregon. That's why so many of the locals despise Californian transplants

Born and raised here its just that if you say NorCal/Socal people say "you must be from out of state" and if you say Northern California/Southern California people say "you must be from out of state". You can't win. I honestly prefer NorCal/SoCal.

What even is "Californicating"? It can't be politics since even we inside the state can't agree on anything. Can't be culture since so much of Cali got steamrolled into soulless track homes by our own history of transplants and the whole Hollywood/Santa Monica life is a meme that nobody here buys anymore. Can't be obnoxious California pride since people don't even do that inside the state besides wearing logo t-shirts. Is it really just property values? If so the you can't really put that on us since weren't the source of that cancer, just the first victim.

Really Nevada isn't being Californicated. It just made the same bad decisions LA did. We both bought into industries that strip the soul out of states (Hollywood/Vegas-Gambling) and then reaped huge population booms and short sighted planning while miles of track homes choked away any sense of community. Do you think California came pre-packaged with 40 million people? Do you think we wanted to be the way that we are? We had our own transplant flood from the whole US and now the transplants have stolen our banner and are moving on. You all dumped thousands of shallow, rootless people into California. Did you really expect that they would stay there forever?

> Nevada will become more left-winged
And hasn't Nevada voted majority Democrat since at least 92?

As for Oregon. You people are just hipster faggots who are just mad now that Portland is mainstream.

>Norcal

Why can't Californians and Texans just get along

>Born and raised here its just that if you say NorCal/Socal people say "you must be from out of state"
But that's not true.
The true mark of being from out of state in NorCal is calling San Francisco SF or San Fran (the mark of a midwesterner)

Texas is:
Second biggest (after Alaska)
Second most populous (after California)
Second richest (after California)
Second independent country to join the Union (after Vermont)
Their culture is one big inferiority complex

Nope. Fuck this place.

this.

Nevada has been blue for decades because of Las Vegas. It's pretty much a second Los Angeles, but interestingly enough it's getting closer as of lately. Trump was a campaign in Nevada away from nearly winning the state, i think in 2020 he'll give it a shot.

Oregon is another place that conservatives dream to take, but it will never go. Portland carries the entire state, and it's just another Seattle. However, I think the thing about California is we let a bunch of crony capitalists take over. I don't blame the spics who settle here, I blame the people who brought them in here in the first place

California honestly doesn't care about Texas.

I must have just gotten mixed up from some other sites I visited which must have been full of mid-westerners. BTW I keep getting mixed messages about whether Frisco is an acceptable name for San Francisco.

>BTW I keep getting mixed messages about whether Frisco is an acceptable name for San Francisco.
It's not.
Either you call it San Francisco or the city.

My grandparents grew up in the City in the 50s, and calling it "San Fran" is unacceptable, and "Frisco" warrants violence.

checked and yes

I like Maine.

Soros is already ruining it, along with North Dakota and Vermont.

pls no my family is from there

>What even is "Californicating"?
Cultural and political encroachment, followed by cultural and political erasure

Dialects, slang, traditions, food, etc. get replaced with Californian approved chains
Transplants from California are trying to get businesses to remind them of home with stuff "to do" like trying to set up clubs only to get shut out by locals
Californians (Though usually it's just the GOP and Democrats being niggers) will sponsor "test legislation" where they try to gauge the public's response to certain bills that will allow them to get away with corrupt shit, I see activists all the time with Californian plates selling bills that seem more to do with Californian politics than the problems we're dealing with here (Like the Fed confiscating private property for oil companies)
For fucking Christ roughly 8% of the population is being replaced this year by Californian transplants, and I don't want to hear this shit about how you had to deal with transplants before and now, our state has less people in it than a San Fransisco, we're a drop in the water compared to the tidal waves your guys are on the rest of the country
Fucks sake

North Dakota was ruined because of oilniggers, not Soros

>and I don't want to hear this shit about how you had to deal with transplants before and now, our state has less people in it than a San Fransisco,
That's just straight up ignoring history in order to pretend that the world as it is was created last week. The point of the matter is that it is a drop in the bucket only now after decades of this shit and your double standard that California should be Americas cumdumpster but that every other state is sacrosanct. The vast majority of Californian culture has already been lost from the exact kind of thing you are talking about. You are looking at a state that was already ravaged by you people long ago. Do you realize that millions of Californians are of direct midwestern lineage? You people bitch about the tidal wave of us but you ignore who put those people in California in the first place.

>we're a drop in the water
No drop thinks they are responsible for the wave.

>That's just straight up ignoring history in order to pretend that the world as it is was created last week
Oh fuck off
South Dakota has transplants going to California all the time, yeah
Maybe ten thousand Dakotans annually in a state of forty million Californians
80 thousand Californians came to the state last year, we expect 80k or more this year
Like 10% of the state's population is coming in annually from your state alone
>your double standard that California should be Americas cumdumpster but that every other state is sacrosanct
Never said this
I'd rather everyone stay in their own damn state but fuck me right? Doesn't fit into your nice little narrative that every single fucking state is out to get yours does it?
>The vast majority of Californian culture has already been lost from the exact kind of thing you are talking about
And has been replaced with new Californian Culture, so unless you really missed the days when California was a Wild West paradise filled with bigwig railroad-magnates, millionaires who made it rich off of gold rushes and real estate or rural elites farming goods that otherwise would have to be imported from Europe
It didn't die out entirely bud, it's still there
Buried alive under consumerism and terrible Hollywood perversions, but still there
>Do you realize that millions of Californians are of direct midwestern lineage?
And Midwesterners came from the New English, Mid-Atlantics, and to a lesser extent Southerners, what's your point?
Are you complaining about the Dust Bowl and the Great Depression? Is that it? Because you can thank the bankers in New York for evicting them off of their own farms after they bought up millions of acres all over the Great Plains for their industrialized farms to churn out cash crops or, nowadays, corn
>No drop thinks they are responsible for the wave
I wish I could reach through this monitor and beat some sense into your head for saying something as cliche and disgusting as that

How dare you call me an Oregonian!. This shithole can be californized for all I care. I'm just saying that the locals here really do not like outsiders. Luckily, I can avoid their wrath because west-coasters don't know shit about the Midwest. Guess that's the benefit of being from a flyover state

>Maybe ten thousand Dakotans annually in a state of forty million Californians
>80 thousand Californians came to the state last year, we expect 80k or more this year
>Like 10% of the state's population is coming in annually from your state alone

You know what. Maybe this will clear things up:
census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/geographic-mobility/state-to-state-migration.html

Its a database for state to state migration flows. It says for the year of 2016, only 2,929 Californians moved to South Dakota. Maybe I'm missing a part where it says each number is in thousands or something, or maybe were working on different data sets. From where I'm standing, the transplant flood looks overblown.

>I'd rather everyone stay in their own damn state but fuck me right?
Also fuck it. I want to be mad and argue but that won't help anyone. We both want our states' cultures to survive. I agree, I just want to stay in California.

>Are you complaining about the Dust Bowl and the Great Depression? Is that it?

No, I just suck at words.

I'll start over. I guess what I mean to say is that for the longest time California was just seen as a place to make your fortune and not as a community whether it's Hollywood Silicon Valley, or the gold and oil fields. The vast majority of people in past decades were from out of state. I think the millennials are the first generation of actually majority Californian born. For this reason when we see a lot of people leaving California we don't see us as flooding into other states, we see them as out of staters who have decided that they got what they wanted out of us and are abandoning us to our fate. Whether it is right or wrong, that's how many see it. It obviously doesn't take into account Californians who try to "terraform" other states.

>I wish I could reach through this monitor and beat some sense into your head for saying something as cliche and disgusting as that
I stand by cliches as the highest form of art.