What happens if I don't tip my waiter in US?

What happens if I don't tip my waiter in US?

Would s/he chase me and blow up my head with their AR-15?

Other urls found in this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k5394478-If_18_gratuitie_is_included_do_you_still_tip_in_restaurant-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html
motherjones.com/politics/2014/05/minimum-wage-tip-map-waiters-waitresses-servers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Chase
That implies running after you so no
Shoot you from a distance
If you survive remember to tip your doctor and the man that gives your your eternal debt otherwise they will shoot you

yes

Cheap restaurant: Spit in your food next time you go there
Middling restaurant: They'll refuse to serve you next time you go there
Expensive restaurant: They'll dislike you but they'll still serve you as normal, might not check in on you as much as they should

>implying the expensive restaurant doesn't add an "18% gratuity fee" automatically anyway

They will look at you with intense hate while you go out.

It happen to me and my friends while stepping out of a "dennys" which is a shitty chain-restaurant like a McDonalds but you have to tip apparently.

>Go to an establishment that serves food and charges $ for it
>Be expected to pay extra $ for them to take your order and deliver you the food they make in order for the whole fucking place to operate in the first place

No wonder you get school shootings

>mfw i see a tip cuck
do you have to get on your knees and suck the owner off as well
do you have to pay for a cab for the workers to get there
mandatory tipping is the most pathetic thing I've heard of in my life

Do customers have to pay the 18%?

>might not check in on you as much as they should
That sounds nice.

They won't do or say anything to you...just get all pissed off and call you an asshole after you leave. The thing is, waiters in the US get paid $2.13 an hour in most states; only a few pay actual minimum wage. So that tip IS their paycheck.

t. worked in a restaurant during my degree.

yeah. If you look at the menu at a fancy restaurant, at the bottom, usually in italics, it'll say "An 18% gratuity fee is added for parties of 4 or more", or something stupid like that. I'm pretty sure I remember paying this fee in France and Italy, unless my memory is failing me. So either the french and Italians are exploiting our weaknesses in American tourist areas, or Europe has this too.

I have had a bar girl in denver flip a LOT of shit at me for not tipping (because i forgot) but if you're at a place for a while, they're gonna want a tip

i think she was just butthurt in other ways though, but that time i genuinely forgot to tip

Its the employers responsibility to pay his workers.

I dont get it why people would take jobs like these, if people wouldnt be cucks and let themselves be taken advantage of the situation would change since all the restaurants would go out of business cause there would be no one to cater the food.

What a fucked up system. How the fuck are you still a superpower is beyond me.

Doesn't the employer have to make up the difference to a certain wage if they don't get enough tips to exceed the threshold?

and lol, just googled "18% gratuity fee" to enlighten our European friends and the first thing that pops up is a bunch of Americans helping a british person visiting Las Vegas with tipping.
tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k5394478-If_18_gratuitie_is_included_do_you_still_tip_in_restaurant-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html
If you don't get any tips they have to pay you full minimum wage though, iirc.

anyone else here avoid restaurants because tipping is stressful?

i was told to pay or never come by the same jap owner there.

>be american
>forget to tip
>get shot

Kek. We just stole your money Bob

>waiters in the US get paid $2.13 an hour in most states; only a few pay actual minimum wage.
What? How does it work? Isn't it illegal?

Bartender. 'nuff said
I agree. I like the system in Las Vegas. The waiter gets $8.25 an hour guaranteed plus tips. Also no state income taxes. I have always bitched about the insulting wage waiters get. They actually do work hard.
They have something called 'tip-pool' where all recorded tips via card get a small percentage taken away and allocated to everyone at the end of the shift. Sort of a commie thing to do, but I see it unfair because the cash cow of the day gets his money given to the unlucky on of the day.
>If you don't get any tips they have to pay you full minimum wage though, iirc.
Nope you get fucked.

It needs to be illegal, 100%

No, you're wrong, the employer has to make up the difference. Sometimes they don't because the employee doesn't know their rights, because they only get full pay when they file in that they haven't made full wage from tips.
motherjones.com/politics/2014/05/minimum-wage-tip-map-waiters-waitresses-servers/

Hmm interesting.