Can someone explain wtf twin peaks is about?

wtf is going on? wtf are these spirit guys? did nuclear testing open a portal and evil spirits came to Earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WYn74HY1KgQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All you need to know is explained in the show, unless you're one those dopes who's watching season 3 without ever having seen the first two.

Everything is known to me, but somehow beyond my reach

this picture explains it all

>It's a "I'm pretending to be retarded to make something seem impenetrable" episode

Well now... I'm not gonna talk about Judy.
In fact, we're not gonna talk about Judy at all.
We're gonna leave her out of it.

EEEEEEEEEELECTRICITY

We're not gonna talk about Judy

WE LIVE

INSIDE A DREAM

youtube.com/watch?v=WYn74HY1KgQ

Yes, and those spirits became BOB and Laura.

Yeah this is basically it. There have always been like crossing points between spirit world and our reality (Glastonbury Grove) but nukes symbolically tore open the veil between worlds. Adventitious bad spirits came through provoking good spirits to create an entity (Laura) which they sent to earth to counterbalance the bad. The world has been going to shit ever since Laura got killed.

>Laura being a whore and having sex with the entire town was a good thing

Sweep deez nuts motherfucker

the supernatural stuff of twin peaks is transcendent. there is no rhyme or reason. either take the ride and go on a deep dive or be a surface level normie and try too hard to make "sense" of it. it's visceral.

That was because of the evil spirits fucking up her whole life. Even with all that damage she was the heart of the town and everyone loved her, who knows how high she would have flown.
Also, reminder that BOBs plan wasn't to kill Laura, it was to inhabit her. The Black Lodge loves best to turn humanities best against us. And they succeeded with Cooper. I just prey this shit actually has a good ending where Cooper can seal the Black Lodge away for another 25 years or something. I hope all this pain and misery can lead to something happy and not just more garmonbozia for those Black Lodge fucks.
Man I am into this show.

just started watching season 1. is the bad acting on purpose? is it a parody of something?

"uhh i'm a fucking retard who doesn't pay attention" - you

Yeah the daytime soaps that we're basically all tv was back in the day. Shit like Dallas. They make it pretty explicit with Invitation to Love.

This. You just have to accept it for what it is. Analyzing can often just make it stranger.

David Lynch decided he wanted to make a soap opera that has midgets and 2deep4u dream sequences.

bob is a fire spirit

those dirty bearded men are some sort of smoke spirits

He also wanted to showcase his playlist filled with terrible hipster bands, and annoy people with scenes that drag on way too long.

I don't know why people love this show. I kept seeing people make threads about it so I decided to watch the first two seasons. It's a fucking soap opera with quirky characters.

To be fair, the first season doesn't drag ass nearly as much as season 3 has thus far. Filled with tons of quirky characters yes, but you can almost forgive it a bit for being a product of the times and at least there's no super long scenes where nothing happens except a guy sweeping a floor or a woman putting on her shoes & jacket.

It's about Laura Palmer.

It's about how the Black Lodge turns you into an autistic near-mute when you come back from it.

Well first of all there's these two peaks

and then there's a lodge, and it's dark

>did nuclear testing open a portal and evil spirits came to Earth?

Pretty much, yeah.

Season 1s acting is fucking incredible.

Fire is the devil, hiding like a coward in the smoke.
— The Log Lady

well fuck I am retarded

It's satirical murder mystery drama that was supposed to be only one season without any revelation Lynch and that other dude came up with.

The network forced them to do another season so they did and they came up with the murderer on the fly. Also a movie.

Then they made a third season due high demand and probably because Lynch is out of money, which basically has been nothing but pretentious Lynch shit, filled with metaphors and implications that make idiots feel smart when they realize what Lynch is trying to say when in reality even a kid can tell what is going on.

dear god, the scene and dialogue pacing is so slow.

>thinking Julee Cruise is terrible

holy shit imagine being this fucking pleb

the entire soundtrack is goat

maybe you should stick to watching csi

I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

fuck you fight me

>they came up with the murderer on the fly.

No, it was always meant to be Leland and in fact it was foreshadowed.

The dropping of the first nuke was an act of explosive magick that opened the gates to hell and brought forth the goddess Babalon, mother of abominations. Laura is the moonchild, a pure spirit created by the magicians of the white lodge to fight the forces of the black lodge. It's all based on Crowley.

t. Mark Frost