Why are you against free migration, Sup Forums? According to economists, open borders would double the world's real GDP

Why are you against free migration, Sup Forums? According to economists, open borders would double the world's real GDP.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C52TlPCVDio
pubs.aeaweb.org/doi/pdfplus/10.1257/jep.25.3.83
nber.org/papers/w12497
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because my safety matters more to me than making rich people even richer.

I'm liking the sources in your post, OP

Cool source. Don't you have a blog you can post this stale pasta on?

gingers are so hot

open borders are good on a free market. not in a welfare state.

youtube.com/watch?v=C52TlPCVDio

those freckles are making me nauseous desu. A few freckles are fine but when it gets to that point it just looks like mottled, diseased skin

Go take a shower first.

pubs.aeaweb.org/doi/pdfplus/10.1257/jep.25.3.83

I don't give a fuck about world GDP. I give a fuck about myself, my family, my community, and my countrymen. Non-Americans can go fuck themselves. Make your own first world country and stay the fuck out of mine.

>real GDP

GDP is not wealth

it won't make you richer

Immigration increases the average wage of native born workers.

>This paper asks the following question: what was the effect of surging immigration on average and individual wages of U.S.-born workers during the period 1990-2004? We emphasize the need for a general equilibrium approach to analyze this problem. The impact of immigrants on wages of U.S.-born workers can be evaluated only by accounting carefully for labor market and capital market interactions in production. Using such a general equilibrium approach we estimate that immigrants are imperfect substitutes for U.S.- born workers within the same education-experience-gender group (because they choose different occupations and have different skills). Moreover, accounting for a reasonable speed of adjustment of physical capital we show that most of the wage effects of immigration accrue to native workers within a decade. These two facts imply a positive and significant effect of the 1990-2004 immigration on the average wage of U.S.-born workers overall, both in the short run and in the long run. This positive effect results from averaging a positive effect on wages of U.S.-born workers with at least a high school degree and a small negative effect on wages of U.S.-born workers with no high school degree.

nber.org/papers/w12497

are you white?

Who the fuck is this GDP and why should I worry about him?

OP I am going to liken Free migration to..

When I was little I built a fort, it took time and was challanging to get sheets to stay up over my head, delicately balanced over cushions, and chairs.

Then along comes my little sister, who is curious, and wants to come inside. I say no... she can't shes gona mess it up. She wont be nimble enough to crawl through it without tearing it down, She didnt build the fort, she doesnt undertand.

My parents scowled at me, and said. "Let your sister look inside"

My blood boiled as she crawled through my creation, bumping into walls and shifting things around.

I got angry, and whined.. and my parents said.. "ohhh stop it, shes just your sister... be nice"

I practically wanted to just give up and walk away in protest and tear it down do no one could enjoy it.

I think Free migration and those who oppose it feel similar. its a human instinct to be mad letting those who dont belong inside what has taken so much work to create... just to probably fuck it up or change it.

Hamburgers and hot dogs are a result of German immigration.

Great as a white male i'm going to move to africa then :)

>likening real world immigration to your sister climbing through your fort
>main argument is that you didn't want her there, not that what she did actually made the fort worse at all

>These two facts imply a positive and significant effect of the 1990-2004 immigration on the average wage of U.S.-born workers overall

So what you're saying is that regulated immigration is good for native-born workers...so open borders and letting the unwashed hordes of unskilled laborers must be good?

Holy fuck you're retarded.

I guess you don't have doors or locks then

I fail to understand how my wages increase if I need to compete with more foreign workers.

If the global GDP doubles, but our living standard get closer to the global mean...

Fuck that.

The only people that would benefit from something like this are the global elite.

That's because you probably never took a microecon course in your life. Native born workers and foreign workers can be thought of as complementary inputs, not substitutes. That means more foreign born workers would, on average, increase wages for native workers.

I really don't care if Muhammound-Jamal makes 2€ per Month instead of one, almost doubling the world GDP since most humans are third world shitskins, if I have to endure Paki rape gangs in my country in return.
>no way

The definition that economists use to describe efficiency is wrong. It shouldnt be: How can we redistribute wealth in order to make the lives of the most people better. It should be: How can we maximize the amount of wealth generated with the resources we have. The issue of inequalities in personal wealth is a different idea and shouldnt be tied to efficiency because it distorts the problem and also assumes that what it is doing is the right thing to do.

Bullshit. All that free migration does is destroy social security systems of countries that have them.

/thread
Race to the bottom.

>Why are you against free migration, Sup Forums? According to economists, open borders would double the world's real GDP.
I don't give shit, it will destroy our nations and disposses our race. Ultimately it will lead to our extermination.

My GDP wouldn't, tard. It only helps the plutocrats who live behind nice big walls so they can sip whiskey and watch the rest of us die.

Same Pasta, nearly ever day.

Economists that do not have any understanding of politics, culture, language, crime or safety.

WAIT A SECOND
What does "real" GDP mean?
Is it with privilege adjustment or something like that?

Fpbp

Fuck the GDP.
It tells nothing about sustainability nor about actual scientific and social progress.

Its just movement of money.

Open borders are good for trading only. We don't need any immigrants just their resources.

>this thread again

FALSE

don't forget to sage, Sup Forums

Sweden's HDI is very high, yet somehow it's becoming less saftier every passing day. Would you consider moving to Malmo for example? I wouldn't want even if I get lots of gibs.

>this thread again
Fuck off.

>the day a Romanian considered Malmö too dangerous to move to
I will never forget, hell of a story to tell my grandkids.

Because I would like my children to grow up and live in a safe country.

Just hope to see the town-rapist complaining about Malmo yet.

"Grampa how did the great race war start?". I wish I were old already.

do it
let in all the muslims and africans
let them rape your people
watch the world burn
the only people to benefit are international jewry

"We fought them in the open fields of the Internet, we fought them in the depths of Reddit and Tumblr, we bombed them with dank memes and pepes grom our shitpost cache. It was hard, but doing your job for God-Emperor Trump was all worth it."

>tfw "Grampa where you a nazi? Go die in a pit cis shitlord."

(((economists)))

The happy merchants :^)

Ha! Are that the same academics who praised the Soviet Union as the global model for the future? Or the same academics who praised Chavez' plans for Venezuela?

Social sciences have been a bunch of politicized bullshit since the New Left marched through the institutions back in the sixties

Citation fucking needed

Goods and services don't have a culture, people do

>Tfw no qt redhead to settle down with

where the fuck are they? certainly not on the west coast that's for sure.... all i see is hispanic bitches and coalburning brunettes.

Because people are more interested in getting in a country with a rich economy than working on their own.

remind me why GDP is important?

because bankers start otherwise?

Why do you keep making this thread? Is it autism?