Why is Scandinavia so depressing?

Why is Scandinavia so depressing?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/countries-largest-antidepressant-drug-users-2016-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Portugal

Lack of sun

Shouldn't we be the least depressed if we eat the most anti-depressants?

you're fifth

I was talking with my Scandinavian friends

this unironically

Because there's scandis in it.

Lack of culture

People wouldn't be taking anti-depressants if they weren't depressed to begin with

The real question is why is Eesti so not depressed?

is portugal honorary n*rd?

define "culture"

I love Hong Kong and China, thank you for existing.

Not the only thing, else France and Spain would be below us

There's fuck all to do there. Every other societies are catching up. They're busy dying, getting dieses etc.

It's weird how humans get depressed and stop breeding when they have it too good

What a stupid graph, nobody eats anti-depressants every day. This one is better.

When there's nothing for people to worry about, they get time to think about mental health etc. Maybe that's why.
People in 3 world countries are worried about putting a roof over their heads, getting 3 proper meals etc. Mental health is least of their concerns

Fuck antidepressants, those make you impotent/frigid psycho schoolshooter robot slave.

Shrooms are much better, though meditation is better. As shock treatment srooms are good, but it's not good to take too much.

We need a struggle or we die inside. Why do wypipo join isis? For that spark, that their high HDI societies cannot give them. Ironically if they brought that spark to the masses they would be destroying everything that made their societies good in the first place. But once they fixed the destruction they would lose that spark again and the cycle continues.

this

That's a really depressing thought. Is mankind doomed to destroy itself? Will we never achieve interstellar space travel because of it?

You fagits have peaked the current human civilization. Don't worry. It'll fall down again peak again later. The cycle continues.

>shrooms
>meditation
fuck off you dirty hippie

I wonder who will take over after us. Eastern Europe maybe? Japan?

The only activities you can really do well here is oudoors stuff like hunting, hiking and fishing but normies aren't interested in that. They all live degenerate lifestyles and dream about living in a warmer climate

Wait, what is it you can do in warmer climates that you cant do here apart from going to the beach?

Yeah, you're prolly killing your self with beer... being mean to others and lonely in your shell. There are tools.

Japan and Scandanavia. Same problem. They're literally asking other people to come to Japan and work there.

Just hanging out in the city, sitting outside, going to the beach, having a beer in the sun etc.

If you've ever been to southern Europe our cities look completely desolate compared to theirs. Swedes are most often either at work or indoors in their own homes

I think people in warmer countries just lounge around all day because it's too hot to work, that's why they are less productive

Oh yeah. We're poor because of the sun.

you thought wrong

I melt during the summer because of the heat, it's unbearable

That's because you're used to the cold.
All the cold makes me depressing as fuck. I'd rather live in this shithole than your first world parade.

>too cold
put some clothes on

>too hot
remove your skin?

>remove your skin?
lots of showers/water activity

You see a lot of the deeper realms of the alt-right say things like they're documenting knowledge so after the West collapses, they can rebuild without the mistakes made (feminism, democracy). It's uncanny how they have essentially accepted the decline.

I think as much as we think we're better than animals, or that we're smarter than our ancestors, we're just animals with fancy toys. None of our fancy technology will save us from the cyclical rise and fall of civilizations. We're beasts under a veneer of civilization. For example, one day, I think, USA will collapse, and all the knowledge and wisdom of how to about this from the experiences of past civilizations won't stop it.

perhaps the day when we reach a technological singularity then will be the only way out of the cycle. The only way to end human problems is by infusing ourselves with technology and ironically becoming non-human.

>lots of showers/water activity
>in the desert

Remove everything, switch on the fan, drink a chilled beer.

>Too cold
Oh, fuck! Can't go out. Oh fuck! Can't use the bathroom( unless it's heated pipe)
Oh fuck! Lip frozen, eye lashes frozen!

We're talking about the extremes here.
Where I live, the average temp is 17-28. Literally perfect temperature

that's a really stupid thing to say
complete ignorance of history, anthropology and geography among other things

>SSRItugal

hol up

Why do people kill themselves with beer? Don't they know about Konskenkorva or Jaloviina?

More people take antidepressants in USA but people take more antidepressants in Scandinavia

all this talk about how sun supposedly cures depression is making me depressed

This. Even a perfectly fine 20° isn't as pleasant for enjoying a coffee or a drink outside.
What you think is "warmer" is skewed. You're thinking of Tropical hell hole that averages 30°C year round with 70% humidity.
Southern Europe, except for maybe Andalusia, are nothing like that. And the days which are too hot to work are unfrequent (usually the result of Heat waves from Africa).
Almost as frequent as the days where there's too much snow to work in Northern Europe.

I dont remember

>Portugal
Why are they sad? They've got great weather all year round and presumably a rich culture.

nah, that's bullshit
they hand out antidepressants like candy in the us

>France richer than the UK
>Almost as rich as Germany
What the fuck

Why's that surprising?

yeah, a rich culture that centeres around being depressed

we study depressive poetry
we study depressive prose
fado is mostly about depressive stories
the news are depressive
people either feel useless or tired or both

this weather meme is kind of fucked up, sure we have good weather, but if you don't have the means to enjoy it you just feel like you're living life while constantly looking through the glass

It's average monthly income

Why can't you go out or use the bathroom?

>Lip frozen, eye lashes frozen!

Oh you mean like -30 degrees which it's really never here

speak for yourself, southerner

Actually this

We have more rain than London, actually.

It's very sunny in the summer but it rains a ton in the winter.

Cold climate

businessinsider.com/countries-largest-antidepressant-drug-users-2016-2

Also remember to look into how they define anti-depressant. It covers different ranges in different countries, especially compared to the US and most catholic/muslim countries.

Also, keep in mind that in many countries people can't afford anti-d.

Anything not written in english

Porto has more rain than London. The difference is that here you have a week of strong rain and in London it rains "everyday" for some time.

Not only people that has depression taked anti-depressants, anxiety could be treated with some antidepressants too and we have a lot of stress in work and work lots of hours. Plus don't have a good salary and our health care system works fine which means that people take antidepressants because they are being treated.

This. If depression was seen as an actual conditon, Lithuania would be up there too.
But as good post-soviet boys, we just off ourselves instead.

>depresstugal

Bravo estonia