ITT: Vidya that could be adapted into great kino

ITT: Vidya that could be adapted into great kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/Video-Game-Deus-Ex-Gets-Its-Own-Movie-Adaptation-31798.html
slashfilm.com/call-of-duty-cinematic-universe/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

video games aren't a form of art so I that isn't possible

What even is art.

no, not everything has to be a movie. and video game adaptations are never good.

this

The first game is simply too long to be adapted to anything other than a trilogy. Maybe
>Movie 1: Start -> Escape from MJ-12 Prison
>Movie 2: Hong Kong -> Showdown with Hermann
>Movie 3: California stuff -> Area 51

I dunno, I still don't see it working. It's just too dense.

deus ex is better off as a game
wood be cool with a early 2000's style cyberpunk "period piece" movie though

>Sony decided to adapt the worst part of the second worst game in the series

What did they mean by this? Is Kaz intentionally trying to tank Sony Pictures?

that game is already a movie

wahoo brother

Deus Ex really only fits as a vidya

how would you translate extensive datapad and email reading into film

they are art, just poop garbage tier art made for kids

>ITT: Vidya that could be adapted into great kino

Be care ful what u wis h four

>Adrian Askarieh told IGN in an interview that he may oversee a film universe with Just Cause, Hitman, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex and Thief.

good that both are already actors

Why did Blomkamp have to go and make fucking Chappie and Elysium? Fuck i'd be fine with a one to one adaptation of Halo 2.

they announced an adaptation years ago. currently in development hell

cinemablend.com/new/Video-Game-Deus-Ex-Gets-Its-Own-Movie-Adaptation-31798.html

Unironicly the Witcher (any of them)

they REALLY should have adapted this at the time

Takeshi Kaneshiro and Jean Reno pretty much covered both Asia, US and Europe. Both great actors who can do action.

with tweaking of the last third could be a proper good fucking movie

Fuck off Ebert, You're dead

If Deus Ex came out today it'd feel like someone just picked up a current newspaper and picked out terrorist sensationalist pieces and political scandals and mashed them together into a game instead of a cyberpunk fantasy wonderland.

why didn't we get michael bay modern warfarekino at the height of call of duty's popularity?

/thread

Reminder that a Call of Duty cinematic universe is in the works.

Also that Splinter Cell movie with Tom Hardy is never coming out.

it's not the 80's anymore

Neither is kino so I don't see the problem.

Because it's like making a GTA movie, you moron

This, a modern Deus Ex would be about mudslimes possessing a WMD or something stupid and "topical" like that. It would be like the DT movie.

Stop wanting Hollywood to fuck with every good story.

There was also a The Division movie in the works with our guy Jake Gyllenhaal attached. Maybe a Tom Clancy cinematic universe.

>Deus Ex
>Good Story

Literally typical run of the mill cyberpunk wankery. Watch Dogs story was better.

As long as they keep in the part about the big MJ12 base filled with guards and kidnapped researchers only entrance being through the doctor's office, with him being none the wiser.

Movie 1: Start -> UC blown up in Hong Kong
Movie 2: Hong Kong end -> Paris end
Movie 3: Paris end -> Area 51

That works better because all movies work as self-contained stories (blowing up the UC and stopping virus production, looking for the Illuminati, and stopping Page). Ending the first movie with the prison escape doesn't sound satisfying. In fact the prison bit should probably be cut. It only works as a video game trope and doesn't add anything to the story. Have JC escape and go directly to Hong Kong.

slashfilm.com/call-of-duty-cinematic-universe/

a GTA movie is a no brainer for a studio btw

modern warfare has an original plot already cinema ready

Gabe Newell was about to let JewJew direct a HL movie. Thankfully it seems like we dodged that bullet. hl3 any year now

I haven't played WD so I can't comment, but Deus Ex's story on it's own if fine. It could easily stand as a novel, something most game plots cannot do.

there already is a Witcher movie :^)

>movie of the game is in development hell
>the series itself has been put on hiatus
pottery?

Vidya>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FIlms

huh? this was done in movies before vidya

Only problem with making a CoD movie now is that the games jump between settings so much it'd be impossible to have them tie in as they surely would want to. It would indeed have worked perfectly during the MW era since that was a proper trilogy but after that the connection between games has been paper thin. So by the time Bay finished making his WW2 movie they'd probably be making a game about the french revolution or something.

Live action Yugioh

Will the MGS joint be kino?

bad bait

I know people always bring up Bioshock but I really think it'd make a good tv-series. Fuck the whole guy-runs-through-town-slaughtering-everyone gameplay angle, just have it follow a diverse group of people all coming to Rapture for one reason or another and how their dreams match up with reality. The stories you pieced together moving through the place was a lot more interesting than the game-story.

Like some guy who goes to the city because he has great ideas, but then he ends up having to work as a plumber because it's a city filled with people like that. Then through the dissatisfaction you introduce the resistance and the brooding civil war, with Plasmid abuse also being a separate plotline that's ramped up as the show goes on, as well as showing the general corruption and Ryan abandoning his principles and assuming control, furthering the downward spiral of society and the effect that has on our group of characters.

Have you seen Max Headroom?

only real answer so far

LoK lore is rich, and not completely unfamiliar to the western audiences (vampires, cosmic horrors, wizards, mutants, etc.)

also, the design and visuals are amazing, so there is a lot to work with there

>mfw they fucked up the max payne movie when it was a john woo movie literally storyboarded out already

>implying Max Payne 3 was any better

Wrong

yes

no

Only the typical clips of Max talking. Is it not all like that?

>Game full of bullet time every 3 seconds and could arguably be credited with inventing bullet time
>Movie only has one bullet time scene

>Phantom Dust will never be made into a movie starring Vincent Gallo
>Vincent Gallo will never come back and shit talk faggot directors
It hurts.

It's already better than any science fiction film based on immediate future, dont bother ruining it with kikes toning it down for dumb as fuck filmfags.

No it's actually like a dystopian corporate future with different plots. You should download it.

Grand Theft Auto: The Movie directed by Tim Burton would be good.

There are rumors saying that GTA 6 will have an movie.

I'd love to see a movie of Pinball directed by Mel Gibson too.

You clearly haven't played Max Payne. It's pure kino.

could be a really good fucking movie

>Sam Lake will never be your dad

>tfw if a Deus Ex film were made it would take a leaf from the prequels and be about augs augs augs cameo: illuminati

so based

Adapting the game's story is retarded. Make it a new story set in the same universe and keep the same themes (preferably the original DX themes not the transhumanism shit) and thats it

_____________________BOO_____________________

even game reviewers rolled their eyes at the latest one featuring the Illuminati, wonder how film critics would rwact

None of them.

The game calls out on kike globalism so I bet no one would ever greenlight it today

>game was made by a kike
what was his end game?

Maybe he wanted to redeem himself

Directed by Guy Ritchie
Jesse Eisenberg as Malkavian male
Margot Robbie as Voerman sisters
Lucy Liu as Ming Xiao
Ben Mendelsohn as Lacroix
Fill the rest.

Why are we even obsessed about questioning if video games should be considered art? We try so hard to convince old, narrow-minded geezers, geezettes and soccer moms that video games are a decent past time activity. 50+ year old farts don't care and never will.

You should say "games (including but not limited to video games) are not a medium for story telling." Story telling is a byproduct of game design. Whether its good or not has little to do with the success and even quality of the game in question.

>Margo Robbie as Voerman sisters