Fellow North-Americans (except Greenland)

Fellow North-Americans (except Greenland),
tell me about your experiences with native Americans.
I have never met any myself, for obvious reasons, but I want to know more about them and their lifestyle.

haven't met a single Native in my life

t. oronto

mostly depressed alcoholics with a dead culture living in tiny swatches of land gifted to them out of pity by the people who eradicated them

Only one I've met is fully assimilated into American life.

Also should mention he was only 50% native, but he still looked like one.

Mostly they live in modern day concentration camps where they wallow in vices due to their land, people, and culture being destroyed. Lots of people that don't live in the states that have a shit ton of them honestly think that they're extinct. Pretty sad desu.

Funny how blacks act as special snowflakes when Native Americans are pretty much going to be extinct very soon.

That's nothing, alt-retards cry about the destruction of the american white while there's 200 million of them

It's because the government has worked so hard to scrub them from the public consciousness that another ethnic group needs to fill in the void of being discriminated. Happens all around the world really. Just like what the Japs are doing with the Ainu people.

Southern "100%" navajo here
I like myself

Know any wicked tales or folklore? Tell us about the ara ara gilf skinwalker that lives right outside the reservation, Navajoanon.

I have met a few in middle school we have a unit on native americans indigenous to our area (im from the pacific northwest) so we visited a cedar plank house. that was chill. Theres the white people that claim 1/32 native ancestry, there usually obnoxious. Other than that I play basketball and videogames with my cousins friend whos native, hes nice. At least in the Northwest natives are pretty tall and jacked and do hand labour

yeah pretty much

Many are mixed, most are assimilated. Their confused with asians a lot so there are a lot more than people think (at least in the south).

Gather round me people there's a story I would tell
About a brave young Indian you should remember well
From the land of the Pima Indian
A proud and noble band
Who farmed the Phoenix valley in Arizona land

What happened to those noble peoples is quite sad. Being on the wrong side of history. But they really should pivot their way of life and adapt.

Not many like to talk about that stuff, hope you know why. But I've seen this little gnome shaped thing running around the shadows at night when I was a kid
And a dog that would always chase after my truck when I would drive away, and would later appear on the road in front of me a few minutes later

Never met one.
I think most of them lives in the plains

Wasn't it because it's similar to what the Slavs believed about calling a bear by its true name, that it attracts it to you and fuck you up? Haven't read up on that stuff in a while. Also I hear the gnomes can be fucking evil as hell, eating children type of gnomes, or pretty nice like David the Gnome. Any other experiences with gnomes or just sightings? Also maybe that dog is trying to look out for you or just likes being a dick.

>Pic
I'm The Frog—Pepe The Frog

Not north american and never met one, but when my parents were young they lived in the countryside and there are lots of stories about native americans stealing white people's babies.
They were always afraid to walk at night becaused they might face some "bugre" wandering in the woods and they were always confrontational.

Yeah kinda like that.
The thing I've seen was gnome shaped, with a pointy head/hat and short and chubby, but we don't have gnomes, only "little people" like just tiny men. Which was scarier to me since I didn't know if charms or prayers would affect this guy if I ever actually saw him up close

Did you ever get any stories from anybody else about them? I've heard stories of anons living in suburbanite areas of the U.S. swearing that they saw gnomes in their gardens when they were kids. I hear that they can fuck you up if you piss them off, but that's to be expected of the relaxed supernatural fellows I guess.

I went to university in a part of the U.S. with a very healthy Native American population.
My second college roommate during my Sophomore year grew up on a reservation, a small Ojibwe village in the middle of nowhere. It's all rampant alcoholism (drinking mouthwash and vanilla extract when they run out of money) and meth abuse is pretty big in the community, as is huffing gas.
He pulled up his shirt one day to show me the stab wound he sustained--part of the aftermath of an argument he had with another Native on reservation's basketball court.
He also told me spooky stories and myths. My favorites being the tales about Skin-walkers. This is a Navajo legend, apparently, but the Ojibwe have their own unique spin on it.
I really liked my roommate. He became a very good friend of mine. A very strong-willed individual with a lot of charm (he was pretty popular with women, too). We both parted ways after our finals and when I returned to campus fall semester of Junior year I was saddened to hear that he passed away. Someone on his reservation killed him in cold blood.

Sorry to hear that user. Damn shame what generations of misery can do to a man, family, and tribe. What spooky stories and myths did he tell you? And what was the Ojibwe's take on the skinwalker?

Well, i post here all the time, kind of showing a bit of cree culture. Posting cree language stuff around the language threads. What would you want to know mein freund.
hello cipweyâniyiniw

You arrived just when the thread died but I'll ask you a question for ya anyways. Do you have any stories to give us about the cool shit that happens around your reserve?

Native Americans confirmed to be the Eastern Europeans of America

I know some Mohegans. They inter-married with whites and their tribe pays for their college tuition and fees. They also are normal middle class people.

>That's nothing, alt-retards cry about the destruction of the american white while there's 200 million of them
>american white
Sup Forums told me we don't exist.

Thanks, user. I miss him. His family was really very nice also. I no longer live in that part of the state any longer (moved back to the city after graduation), but I still make my way upstate once every year.
Ojibwe believe in the Wendigo. Technically it's own thing. I relate it to the Skin-walker of the Navajo because people seem to be more familiar with those legends.
The Wendigo can assume the form of a human being (think possession by a demonic force) or it can appear as a monster with some human characteristics. The Wendigo likes to destroy the environment (ruin crops, for instance), hoard resources (Ojibwe are a very community-oriented tribe with a heavy emphasis on collectivism). The wendigo also has a lust for human flesh. They can never get their fill of flesh, so they are sort of like serial cannibals.
My roommate liked to talk about the wendigo he and his friends once saw from a distance at a nearby kettle bog.
It was late at night and they stole a few beers from their fathers' fridges. They put the beer in a backpack and began their ascension up this giant rocky cliff. It was the best place to stargaze, 'cause you became elevated above the treetops.
They reached the top of the rocky lookout, pounded a few beers, lit up some Seneca cigarettes and talked about cute girls, school, whether or not they were going to pursue college with scholarships or grants. Typical 17 year old chatter.
Then they heard something large moving through the bog below. Snapping small trees and shrubs like twigs. Could be a moose, they thought.
Then they caught a whiff of something rotten, like a decomposing animal. So strong and so pungent it nearly drove them away. But not before my roommate heard loud gurgling and high-pitched wailing coming from the bog. He said he saw this monstrous, grey-skinned figure stumbling through the bog. Must've been 8 ft tall, he said. Looking at it, he felt sick. Really sick. They ran off immediately after that.

They have one of the highest birthrates in North America, they're not going extinct at all.

Yeah a few i guess.
the most well known story would be of the wîhtikow (wendigo in english) that lived on the north end of our lake back in the early-mid 1800s.
theres some other smaller tales, like of little people who help people in times of need, or the flaming head.
But yeah, the stories vary from person to person, lot of inconsistencies.

>little gnome shaped thing running around the shadows at night
how do you say "la creatura" in navajo?

lmao rez dogs fucking suck sometimes. Like, theyre alright, they dont attack people, but ffs the amount dog souls my familys cars collected over the years is ridiculous. They just chase after any moving car and get in the way

Bold indigena??

Met one from a tribe in the northern part of the state at my uni; she’s really nice but it kinda seems like her life is rough.

I knew one in high school, he liked art and football, but nowadays he's a ragging Trump supporter which both confuses and baffles me to this very day.

why don't you just ask him

there's a difference between native americans and jungle brazilians

I became an Artist for my career, last time I heard from him he was ranting about artists being "liberal faggots that propagate lie about Trump", He's probably on Sup Forums right now, so there a chance he'll see this.

pretty certain I saw one once with a cycling tour group at a brewery in Adamstown PA, that's it. I've literally never seen a native (outside of Latin Americans) anywhere

they used to be pretty common in construction crews that worked on skyscrapers up until the '80s from what I know

I knew this """Italian"""-American that always kept claiming he was a half-Native American. When I met one of his childhood friends he told me it was all bullshit

kek