I had a good time watching Valerian in IMAX. Very light hearted. It's good to see leading stars that aren't trite...

I had a good time watching Valerian in IMAX. Very light hearted. It's good to see leading stars that aren't trite. I loved all the aliens and androids. The special effects save this film. More of a visual treat than Avatar.

It's shit. Get over it.

there have been a few anons(me included) on Sup Forums that very much liked valerian, but the movie has almost zero traction so the treads die quick.

It's visually stunning. Get over it.

This film was probably decent and entertaining but I don't know what the fuck a Valerian is so dnw

I liked it because of the effects/graphics and creativity involved in the worlds and graphics, but it's unfortunate they couldn't make the characters or story engaging. I just didn't care what was going to happen to them or how it would end, unlike how I felt with Bruce Willis and Jovovich in TFE.

So it's def not a great movie.

Me too. It wasn't fantastic, but the visuals were very nice and the humor was genuinely good.

What did you think about the globalist, pro-refugee propaganda that was shoehorned into every scene?

>It's visually stunning
So is pretty much anything these days.

I'm planning to watch it next Monday when the theatres are empty. Maximum comfy.

Jurassic World, Wonder Woman, and Civil War looked awful.

The story is garbage.

Was the dude really giving a Keanu impression?

>pro-refugee propaganda
>aliens do everything to go back to their homeland
back to your containment board Sup Forumsfag

The city of a thousand planets was a metaphor for a global hegemony, and the Mul plot was all about making reparations to indigenous tribes who were negatively impacted by imperialism/colonialism. The script was so laden with dialog about "They're here because we destroyed their home planet, not because they want to be" it was obviously a metaphor for refugees, completely overlooking the fact that in real life these populations destroy their own homeland. You hear all the time people in real life saying "Don't you think they would rather be living in their homeland if they could?" This movie wanted to hammer that message into viewers' heads that the aliens (refugees) don't really want to be here, we forced them to because our wars destroyed their home. You have to be an idiot not to have picked any of that up.

yeah that was silly, but the most ridiculous part was when they were greeting the team of all black astronauts, which obviously suggested some African country eventually joined the ranks of space-faring countries.

That was too stupid for words. Africans' IQ prevents them from having access to good drinking water, let alone anything 1/100th as difficult as space travel.

fuck off its trash. a lot of my brain cells died watching that garbage.

>completely overlooking the fact that in real life these populations destroy their own homeland

Christ, that's a fucking stupid rationalization. If they destroy it, fine. It's their fucking land to destroy. If someone else does, it's own them to square the ledger.

By your logic, I don't owe you shit if I fuck up your car, because odds are, you were going to fuck it up anyway.

I thought it was fairly good but it was weighed down by the two leads who had no charisma or chemistry. I think a lot of the vitriol comes from fans who just wanted 5th Element again, choosing to ignore the slew of problems that came with.

Yeah the female I went with said he sounded like Keanu Reeves.

Does anyone know if that is in any way tied thematically to the comic books? I wouldn't be surprised because France is pretty infested with kike ideology for several generations now.

I enjoyed the visuals and story but it really could've done without the Rhianna scenes and whatever the fucking bit about cara being offered as a sacrifice to the alien emperor thing was about

Lmao kill yourself besson, you're not a good filmmaker.

More of a visual treat than Avatar? Avatar is better looking and is written like shakespere compared to this Valerian dogshit, go fuck yourself OP

>alien species lose 6 million lives
>talk about how they will always remember them

What the fuck was Luc thinking with this?

lol

The comics were pretty liberal but Valerian himself was always super patriotic and nationalistic, just capable of appreciating other cultures (whilst still thinking his own was the best - if for no other reason than because it was his own)

Did your mom like the CGI?

Yeah.

>alien species lose 6 million lives
>talk about how they will always remember them

Is this seriously in the movie ? Some fucking Shoah tribute in a sci-fi ?

If I fuck up your car, I owe you a car.
If I send my military to support you when you try to overthrow the dictator that's been oppressing you, I don't owe you my homeland.
If you're just poor because the ideology of your homeland stunts any serious development, you don't have the right to just move into my house and bring your barbaric ideas about raping women that don't follow your ideology.
Get it?

What if you destroy my homeland as collateral damage in a war I'm not even a part of?

Tangential at best. Most people from the third world going to the first are following the pattern the other user described--their home countries are garbage pits because they are shit people who can't create decent civilization.

Despite all the propaganda you consume and your prioritization of your feelings above logic and facts, that doesn't entitle them to waltz into nice countries and practice their stupidity and depravity in nice countries.

not that you'd care about this anyway. You people don't care about justice or logic or facts. You just care about coddling your emotions by futilely trying to improve the lot of third worlders. Since you're too stupid to figure out that won't work, I'll let you know the only two ways to improve the lot of third worlders--1. bullet to the brain stem. 2. genetic engineering to raise their IQs 30-60 points.

The visuals are great.
It's the actors and plot that fail.

I can appreciate the universe that was created, and how nice the visuals were, but fuck.. that was some of the most godawful writing I've ever seen.

These guys weren't "most people." They were victims of a war that destroyed their home, a war they had nothing to do with. That's why I find you and your editorial soapbox so laughable. If their world *produced* the threat, we'd be talking about a completely different situation. It didn't, so we're not.

I enjoyed it a lot. My only real complaint was the exposition heavy explanation of the Pearl's backstory that was very unnecessary.

This movie will become much better appreciated years from now like the 5th Element.

the girl who killed that guy indirectly stars in movies? wtf

I couldn't get over the fact that the male lead was just a twink-boy Keanu Reeves.

you're reaching....
it's obvious

>Aliens with large noses seek economic profit from the misfortune of people
What did Besson meant by this?

Big Market by itself was worth the price of admission.

Doesn't matter whom you're referring to. The subject is third worlders migrating to the first world. The majority of them, by far, are not legitimate refugees fleeing wars caused directly by first world countries.

Not even the travesty that was the "Syrian" "refugees" going to the EU last year qualifies--some estimates show 40% or more of them had never originated from Syria. Even still--they all had safe residence in Turkey, so they technically were not even "refugees" at that point.

So yes--the vast majority of third worlders migrating to the first are doing so simply because their homelands are garbage. And that's not a legitimate reason for these awful people to infect nice countries with their shitty cultures, no matter how emotional it makes pathetic, intellectually/emotionally stunted people like you.

>enjoy movie
>come for discussion
>ends in Sup Forums shit
Every teim

Made it the most Star Trek-y Star Trek film to come out in over a decade.

I said this very thing. The characters were weak. Looks good though, - it dragged after the first 40 min.

Thank you. You made my point for me. However much you try to politicize the refugees in this movie, the fact remains that their circumstances were different. No sane person would try to say that they were.

full of awe?
well, there you go.

the facial animation on these guys was so good.
I'm assuming it was mostly mo-cap.

Post all panty shots. Jacked it hard to this movie

Luc Besson was too in love with his leads. Movie was miscast. Big budget movie with no star power.

Both leads lack charisma to carry such a movie. It's not Star Wars. They can't get by on brand name.

They should have cast Rupert Grint and some other chick.... maybe one of them hot chicks on Game of Thrones.

Ahahaha. Frenchie, are you still trying to shill this pile of shit so you don't piss off your Chinese masters who funded it?

It's over. The only question is if this turd can even make $5 million this week, its third.

fuck this movie- fuck that rich kid whore dyke.thats my review.

hi film gob

No doubt, the world and the creatures looks amazing, but it lacks a competent story and acting.