Star Wars In Order Of Kino

The Empire Strikes Back >Rogue One >A New Hope > Return Of The Jedi > The Force Awakens >Revenge Of The Sith >Attack Of The Clones > A Phantom Menace

Personal opinion FYI

ANH ≥ ESB > ROTJ = ROTS >*power gap*> TPM> Dogshit > AOTC > Disney fanfiction

>Rogue One

Rogue is unironically the best Star Wars film since Empire.

V > VI > IV > RO > III > I > II > VII

Explain

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

V>IV>VII>VI>>>>>RO>>>>>>III>I>>>II

>inb4 hurr durr disney
>inb4 prequelbabbies
>inb4 autism

Unlike the Originals the rebellion isn't portrayed as the squeaky clean rag tag bunch of misfits they have always been, In Rogue they are portrayed as one thing; a rebellion. They are a grey area in terms of morals, only doing what is necessary because at the end of the day the Empire is worse. This is emphasised with the action of the main characters, with one killing an innocent man to preserve the rebellion and another being a prisoner with a hatred for the empire.

Another point is that no scene in Rogue felt unnecessary or forced, in the prequels we got a lot of senate lego talk and in the originals there was a sense of protraction leaving much to be desired.

Plus the originals had faults too, like Carrie Fisher swapping accents half way through A New Hope, and the Ewok's in Jedi. Rogue doesn't have anything like that.

And on the final note Rogue has done everything right; All the main characters die which gives them a very down to Earth (pun intended) feel to them, There's a cool but also plot necessary space battle, there's throwbacks to cool stuff from the original films like the AT AT's, we get to see CGI Tarkin and Leia (Which were great by the way) And we finally get to see Vader being a total fucking Badass while mowing down rebels, something the originals lacked in my opinion.

V>>IV>>>VII>>>>>>>>>>R1>>>>>>>III>>I>>>>>>>>>>>>>>II

You're one of those plebs who thinks Empire is only good because it's "dark", right?

>Another point is that no scene in Rogue felt unnecessary or forced

Why is "being dark" a bad thing exactly? A New Hope was so stereotypical in terms of story; Light beats dark because reasons... Empire actually gave us a reason to fear and hate the Empire and Vader.

Are you me?

>All the main characters die which gives them a very down to Earth
>Che Guevarra and Heavy Guns Guy die because they lose the will to live

Describe each of the characters without saying what they look like, what kind of costume they wore or what their profession or role in the movie was.

That was one of the best scenes in the film. Like I said, the originals never gave us a reason to fear Vader, Rogue did in about 1 minute flat.

>Rogue is unironically the best Star Wars film since Empire.
Stop.

So you liked Rogue One because it lacked subtlety.

It's just a big waste of time to try and close plot holes makes you feel nothing

Of course you reets love it

I liked Rogue because it didn't conform to the Star Wars script, it said fuck this good vs evil shit, why can't the rebellion be bad and the empire a necessary evil.

They never portrayed the Empire as a necessary evil. Smuggler Guy killing some guy doesn't make the Rebellion bad.

Wow what a bold stance, flipping the perspective, never been done

Do their names matter? I imagine after their sacrifice the members of the rebellion would talk about their actions and what they did; like the Imperial droid sacrificing itself to find the Death Star plans, or the the Jedi Temple Guardian walking in front of of a squad of Storm Troopers to save his friends rather than their names.

but the Empire brought peace to the galaxy after the Clone Wars tore it to shreds and the (((Rebellion))) just succeeded in plunging the galaxy back into war, they were never the good guys
>A BLOO BLOO BLOO MUH LIBERTIES
>MUH DEMOCRACY
The Republic was a corrupt shithole even before Sheev enacted his plan

In Star Wars no. Rebellion was good, Empire was evil. Cut and dry.

Can you think of any other moment in Star Wars where the Rebellions good guy reputation was shown to be a false facade?

Did you reply to the wrong post or something?
That has nothing to do with what I asked.

I can't say what they look like, what they were wearing or their profession.

How else can I describe them other than by name?

5>3>4>1>2>R1>6>7

You fucking faggot, there's no fucking way you think that.

Yep

If they were good characters you could describe them beyond their appearance and their role but they're not so you can't.

the prequels were good idc what anyone thinks but obviously i prefer the originals

>beyond their appearance and their role

So you want me to describe the characters outside of the movie? Thereby voiding the entire purpose of the entertainment...

Good characters are supposed to have personality.

that's really up to the skills of the actor

That and writing. Rogue One had neither. Everyone was a boring stereotype.

5 > 7 > 4 > 6 > RO > 3 > 1 > 2

It was stupid and was completely out of character for Vader

They have personality, Cassian is a Han Solo, he does what he has to to survive and will do what is necessary to keep the rebellion going because that's all he has known.

Jyn is motivated partly by revenge on the Empire and partly by finding her father, an ironic mix considering her father created the greatest weapon the Empire ever had.

K2 SO is a droid but despite this he still plays a pivotal role in the overall commentary of the film and helping the main cast find the "Muguffin" of the movie.

Chirrut represents the consciously absent Jedi and the force that goes with it, his force abilities give the other characters faith and hope where there is seemingly none to be found.

Baze is a simple but necessary character, a man who is willing to sacrifice and suffer for what he feels is right. Without him the death star plans would never have been found and the actions of Luke in the prequels would of never come to reality.

>angrily killing people is out of character for vader

Star Wars > Empire > Jedi > Awakens >Rogue One > Phantom > Sith > Clones

Why? Vader would kill "younglings" but not a bunch of rebels fucking his empire up. Honestly this was the only time I actually felt Vader was intimidating.

>Not even including VI
This man is on a whole different level