PARKER "rich" Industries (aka. lazy writers )

How come, all of a sudden more and more characters are getting only story arcs about their life as a hero and not having to deal with money struggle or real life stuff? yes there are still a lot that do, but i get the general sensation that a lot of characters are not grounded enough in that sense…

Peter Parker was one of the few that for a long time had to deal with it,bills, work, girlfriend, friends, family… and all of a sudden they make him rich, no more mundane problems just, have to deal that someone else is banging MJ.

It just sounds lazy boring writers not wanting to do real work, just play with the toys.

Fuck off Bendis, you'll never write ASM.

>Ben was a hero because he helped his neighbors with groceries
HE WAS IN THE FUCKING ARMY

Quality Slott writing

Because they are pushing him to be the new iron-man. He doesn't fight in the streets anymore, and the new run is corporate wars along with Shield

I'm so fuckin' rich just so my writer doesn't have to worry about really writting!

Wildcats 3.0 was corporate wars

The new run is "whip me up a cool nanothing to solve my buddy spider-man's, my team of superscience scientists" and le quirky advertisements

>People are mad about Peter finally getting stability
I will never understand fanboys.

Parker Industries is amazing.
Not because its great, but because it finally allows us to see Spiderman AS A CHARACTER ADVANCING IN HIS STORY ARC. Its literal character progression.

It's not about stability, it;s about him being Tony fucking Stark

you can be stable and still be an every man

I would prefer to see a comic book where Steve Jobs fights alien menaces with Bill Gates as a fellow Macvenger

Him being rich wasn't really all of a sudden and it makes since. And if Pete wasn't rich, then he wouldn't have SHIT right now. Like nothing. But you are right that even in him being successful that gloss over his social/normal life more so than they did in the past in favor of walking into the office and being a good boss then BACK TO THE HEROING. But and this has been brought up before about the difference in generations of writers. In that writers at the beginning or early stages of some of these heroes stories had literary knowledge and interests outside of comicbooks and that reflected in their work and many writers today grew up reading comicbooks. So, what you get is a group of writers that possibly subconsciously emulate what they liked about comics growing up which was mainly the action without really understanding or realizing the need for an overall character arc or personal relationships to give the character some grounding or aspects for the reader to relate to.

Tony Stark is a character that keeps on getting drunk, to avoid dealing with his guilt and paranoia.
Who flaunts his wealth to avoid dealing with the fact he is a shitty person.

Parker Industries hasn't even had signs of that so far.

>characterfags hate change

well, nothing new.

>while Pete was off gallivanting across the world Shocker robbed something like 30 banks then turned around and used the loot to buy a few million worth of Parker Industries shares and is now staging a business coup attempt with an alliance of activist investors

Spiderman advancing in his story arc? am i reading some old issues? there is no advancing in his story arc so far, just more gadgets and silly stuff to play with kind of a Batman INC. + Iron Man, i don't see real character evolution on that.

great explanation!

we are on the disney era, and tony just deals with his EGO, no more drugs or drinking problems.

It's moments like this when some random asshole on Sup Forums, talking shit out of his ass, fucking around saying the dumbest shit they can think of and it is LEAGUES BETTER than what "professionals" are actually doing at this very moment.

>All change is good

>allows us to see Spiderman AS A CHARACTER ADVANCING IN HIS STORY ARC

You mean like back when he graduated, got married and was about to have a kid? Nah advancement just means money.

Also you don't get to brag about a character GROWING after their decades of growth get reconnected out because the EIC was but blasted about being old

>finally
It wasn't a natural progression.

BND to Grim Hunt he's a photographer barely scraping shit paycheck to paycheck, then suddenly he's a scientist who gets fat money every month, all so we could focus on his boring ass adventures in different armors. Then boom, he's a fucking businessman running a company without any of the struggles it actually entices.

Wasnt he at an age that despite money needed for Spider stuff he would have a good enough job to at least be pretty stable? I mean I think the whole big time ceo thing he has going on is a bit much but stuff like when he worked in the lab seems like where Peter should be years aftet high school.

that would make some great arc! taking justice by his own hand and being a selfish rich corporate asshole.

I'm struggling to tell who's who....

I know that's ironman and Affleck at the left tho.

He's not a child anymore, there comes a time when the comicbook escapism has to escape the ugly reality of a college educated genius inventor having to live paycheck to paycheck and barely keep a shit job working for a complete asshole.
What exactly did you want to see? A miserable failure at life always getting beaten up for doing the right thing, all for nothing? Are you holding out for the suicide issue?

He paid his dues. It's time for little old Aunt May to stop looking at him with pity.

And FYI: maintaining the old status quo out of complacency and lack of imagination is lazy writing.

Cap and Supes

Why did no hero ever try a fake beard for a disguise? They're pretty damn effective.

they made him a scientist because of Otto Octavius, right now with Otto not being on the drivers seat, should show how parker struggles on all this stuff and make the company go from better to worst in front of some investors or whatever.

It would be great if the parker stock shares were devaluating and the investors were trying to get parker out of the company to later reveal that in reality those investors are from stark company just trying to get the less competitivity possible, or something that would make more grounded all that industries stuff.

That's what's funny to me. Octavius is the entire reason he has this company. His personality was always flighty and untrustworthy (because he was running off to save peoples lives as Spider-Man). But it was Octavius that streamlined his superhero routine giving him time to get his doctorate. And Octavius' overall ambition that had him start Parker Industries. When Peter returned he should have run it into the ground, and to be fare probably would have if not for Anna Maria. But I hardly even see her around anymore.

It's been brought up about a week ago and it seems to get more and more threads every day: he should've stayed a teacher. It keeps the dynamic while giving him a fresh role in it, ore responsibility, more stability, more to accomplish and is a natural progression for everything he is (i.e not a goddamn businessman)

this is what marvel does to keep the character grounded…

MC2 handled it best with him working in a police lab a la Barry Allen

This.

Potentially, Parker Industries could be an opportunity to have an advancement of Peter Parker as a character. Great Responsibility in regards to vigilantism is one thing, but running a business is another. There's obligations not only to your staff and customers, but to the business in it of itself, a tension that has tended to result in memetic abominations divorced from human consideration and beholden merely to sustaining their own existence that also legally count as people. There's a real foundation for stories about responsibility in the cutthroat economic world and which ones should take precedence over others or how different those responsibilities really are.

But that's not what happened. We still get stories where Peter is constantly ducking out on his normal life and the responsibilities their to go be Spider-Man. We still get stories about this making the people around him think he's just a drip and subsequently think less of him. We still get this all as set up for how terrible being Spider-Man makes his personal life. It's the exact same fucking shit we were getting decades ago. He just has a glow in the dark spider symbol this time.

Who the fuck is this white guy? Spiderman is Miles Morales now, no?

That's a stretch and you fucking know it.

Most of Spider-Man's villains could be easily recontextualized for the new status quo. Think about how many of his rogues are either inventors, businessmen, or organized crime. A lot of his goon-tier enemies also have powers that would be godly in an industrial espionage/sabotage capacity.

Fucking Osborn is cosplaying Unkown Soldier and supplying africans with goblin mooks when he could've played Snowden for shits and giggles and built a new corporation in Russia and slowly stomp PI in every non-American country

Literally every aspect of the current is wasted potential

your uncle burning asian kids with napalm ain't exactly the thing you'd like to brag about, user

What you pretend by Slott fanfiction?

Because readers kept complaining about how smart Peter was without turning a profit off of it and now we get the other side of the pendulum

Made her millions and famous again

Because making characters that have to deal with common man issues is now pandering to tumbler.

Even Deadpool is sorta rolling in dough. Kinda

Maybe

Sometimes

On paper at least

Nonono.

Bill Gates teams up with Open Windows Man.

12 issue miniseries.

You do know that for decades Tony offered him millions if he worked for him or sold him patents, right? That was even their "first" interaction after the whole mephisto deal thing, too. Him being poor and broke is of his own choosing and if writers want to pursue a different side then let them.

>RICH
>WHITE
>MALE
They did it to use that phrase at some point, mark my words.

>Superior happens
>Massive status quo changes across the board
>Curious about how Peter will handle all these changes when he comes back
>90% of the changes are rushedly undone by the time Peter returns
>Only Parker Industries remain
>Surely Peter's lack of business expertise and dissidence inside the company will cause him to go bankrupt
>Nope, he's a billionaire now, enjoy his shitty glowy new costume
So much wasted potential...

>ARMY
Only american feel pride of a hired gun of the government.

readers ruin everything

I can buy SpOck as an industrialist
Peter never struck me as someone with good business acumen

>Fighting Communism
FTFY.