youtube.com/watch?v=FI_RB2URZPY
twitter.com/MrCThomson/status/893429967182344192
bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05797th
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for legs

are the 8th doctor novels any good

Only true fans ITT

How do you go from this

Would Yeezy make the best Doctor since 10, /who/?

To this

i want 13 to wear OG x1rs

Reposting from end of last thread

>there will never be a sequence as unbelievably, ballistically K I N O as the cliffhanger to The Pandorica Opens, EVER again, EVER
>the slow mo kicking in as the entire plot falls into place, beautiful melancholy photography that somehow makes the shit monster costumes look profound
>the swelling, gentle music contrasting with the horror (Who putting on a 'prestige television' act and pulling it off flawlessly)
>the weaving together of the Doctor being sealed in, the TARDIS exploding, and Amy dying, timed at the perfect moments
>the final zoom out from Amy and Rory all the way to the Earth, surrounded by exploding galaxies, which slowly disappear
And the best, tiny detail that still wows me every time
>that fucked up eerie ambient sound that's playing right at the final seconds, which ABRUPTLY CUTS OFF and is replaced by silence

Rewatching it, it's jaw dropping that something that narratively and stylistically ambitious was actually achieved in this shambles of a show. Probably the only competitor in all of NuWho, for a moment quite that dense with sophistication and verve, would be the breaking the wall scene - and even that isn't juggling quite as many balls as this one does. Fuck my socks off we were lucky to get this.

it was alright i guess

I want 13 to have a stylist influence like 12 did with Bowie. Hopefully a nudist but still interesting to think about

>Michael Grade

Too bad the second episode was shit

Willing to do requests as well if anyone gives a shit.

Someone was exercising his fetish.

Everything's more kino in black and white.

>tfw no B&W NuWho episode

literally, unironically, the YANA reveal was better.

that episode should have been the show's final episode

The S8 leaks are about as close as you'll get

Androzani part 4 maybe?

Doctor Who is dead.

If you're going to end the whole show, at least end it on an episode written with that in mind, rather than one which is deliberately set up to be continued next week.

I fucking love Doctor Who even the bad episodes like Love & Monsters. Sue me.

Good but messy and reliant on the viewer being too stunned by the one twist to process anything other than sound and fury. Nowhere near Pandorica in concept or execution. At most it might have 'got you more hype' while not actually being a greater piece of craftsmanship.

Then you're not a true fan

I wish Simm had shown up earlier in the season in a different disguise, but we never have it confirmed that he was the Master in the episode. They could've credited him with an anagram like they used to for Ainley.

And why, pray tell, would true fans hate their favorite show?

youtube.com/watch?v=FI_RB2URZPY
>WHAT DID HE SAAAHYYY?
it has nothing on the Pandorica cliffhanger

Because they love a show enough to see the flaws and not take everything at face value.

The core truth is that Doctor Who is 100% shit and a true fan understands the show deeply enough to realise this

gee, stuning

What makes the show shit, pray tell?

I never watched it, but I heard good shit from colleagues and other chans.

That doesn't really sound like hate to be honest.

>that loop of music that's playing from 3:30 all the way to the end of that clip
jesus christ

Oh you never watched it? Ignore us then, it's great.

It only becomes shit once you become a true fan.

its literally better.

>That doesn't really sound like hate to be honest.
Since you've never watched the show you don't know the amount of flaws the show actually has.

I always got the implication that they never found Utopia because The Master fucked them over.

>Love & Monsters
>bad episode
??????????

I don't know, I think it's more in line with RTD's bleak vision for Utopia to have never actually existed at all.

Ashildr should have been in Utopia

this

something else

The ending of Pandorica is kino but I just love the ending of Utopia so much, the last ten minutes of it are my favorite scene from DW period. The way the music and everything comes together with the desperation in Tennant's voice, The Master leaving them for dead, all kino

call me a tenfag all you want I don't care I just adore that finale even last of the time lords

nobody replied to my comment so im assuming the general response to the 8th doctor novels is neutral

Eh. There are some really good ones. But in general they're less popular than the VNAs and for good reason.

Ah, okay. Fair enough. Thank you anyway! I might give them a try just for the hell of it, but at least I won't go in expecting much, so I can't be disappointed.

I thought Utopia was something the Master retroactively set up in a bootstrap paradox sort of way

>tfw NuWho has had 10 finales and the twist at the end of three of their first parts has been that someone is actually the Master

>implying that's any different from a good chunk of classic who

Yeah I remember this but I don't think they ever actually said it in the episodes

and i wouldnt have it any other way.

For the user who asked who would be good for a transwoman, any Doctor will do. But wasn't I asked this, for someone writing an "Alice" story? Featuring 13?

Any 8th Dr novel written by:

>Kate Orman

>Lawrence Miles

>Lance Parkin

>Lloyd Rose

will be good. The rest varies.

Yeah same desu. Every episode with the Master I eat up

>RTD wrote 4 finales (5 if you count The End of Time) and the reveal in three of their first parts has been that it's the Daleks

>implying that's any different from a good chunk of classic who

>Need stories for Tenth Doctor and War Doctor

>Also want one more story for both First Doctor and Third Doctor, as well as Seventh Doctor

>Bill Potts needs more stories

>More Thirteenth Doctor stories are always welcome

Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, K9, and Class stories are welcome, along with any other anthology.

And the deadline is now August 14th!

Dalek Kek here, writing a tenth doctor story as we speak

>RTD wrote (5 if you count The End of Time) and the reveal in all of those parts the Doctor has been in it

>RTD wrote (15 if you count Shorts he directed with ecclestone) and the reveal in all of those parts the Doctor has been in it

No shitposting, how do you guys think Chibnall will do? I think he has potential, but I'm worried by the fact that I know he'll slip in more SJW shit than Moff did, and most of his episodes are pretty shite

and yes I know saying no shitposting ensures a steady stream of shitposting

As long as he doesnt absolutely shove political shit into it i wont really care. just hope the show doesnt die desu

It can't be worse than the episodes which tries to tell people that they have to accept their kids being blown up by terrorist attacks

What about how they said all of recorded history was whitey lying and London was really 50% nlack in 1814?

twitter.com/MrCThomson/status/893429967182344192
This is fucking GOAT

Still butthurt the Doctor is going to be a woman, tbvqh, lads. Every single incarnation has been a man and all of them portrayed the character as it was meant to be. Even when the scripts got shit and the storylines had shoehorned bullshit the sole thing you could rely on was the Doctor would shine in it, and now even that is being tampered with.

May as well paint the TARDIS in pride colours now.

or in the same episode when the doctor punches a guy for behaving exactly like literally every other person in england at the time.

Judging by series 10 (and really all TV and movies at the moment), he most likely will, sadly. And the even sadder part is this will stop the show from getting canceled because of normies

You know that's not what he said, we just had this discussion in the last general

>May as well paint the TARDIS in pride colours now.

would not be surprised if this happens for an episode in the near future

His episodes have issues. But his concepts are good, and most of his Who eps never had enough time to shine. Power of Three has a great first half, despie the script problems at the end. 42 is perfectly serviceable (and the Martha phonecall to her mum is wonderful.) Dinosaurs, for all its possible faults, has one of the darkest endings ever (the Doctor allows an unarmed human enemy to die, apparently just out of pure disgust).

Unshackled, and with that alleged writing room, he might do wonders. And I haven't even mentioned about the 13th Doctor yet. He knows how much of a firecracker that topic will be, and he clearly has an idea on how to handle it.

What that episode was saying was that if we do useless revenge on people who commit attacks, without at least understanding the factors that created situations like that, the cycle of violence will continue.

What makes you think a female actor wouldn't be able to "portray the character as it was meant to be"?

I wasn't here last thread, and he literally said "history is a whitewash". I can go get the transcript if your memory is this bad.

The TARDIS was painted pink in Paradise Towers. This show has always been left-wingish.

This was discussed last thread. Check that discussion out.

Because the chsracter has never been portrayed by a female before and 55 years of the same is habit forming.
Not to mention the fact this is obviously being done to make people butthurt and thus stoke up controversy, and with that viewers.

>This show has always been left-wingish.
There's "left-wingish" and then there's saying all of history is white propaganda and that all of Europe has always been 50% ethnic minorities.

I know what he said. He did not, however, say that London was 50% black.

Or that episode where that one victorian soldier apparently had no issue whatsoever with the idea of a black policeman but couldn't fathom a policeWOMAN

Like, what was that scene even supposed to say? That had the companion been a black man he wouldn't have had issue with it? Was this the BBC trying to pretend racism has never existed or not allowing them to show historical racism or what?

tell that to all the humans that died while all the zygons got away with everything
also
>lol it's the 15th time we reached this stalemate

There's a difference between being left-wing and bashing men and white people at every opportunity

I'm not quoting exact percentages here, as you're the sort of retard who will say "Heh, it's only 49% ethnic minority, you lose drumpfkin!", but roughly half of the extras were ethnic minoroties, and the Doctor confirmed this was REAL history and that the 100% white London we've been told existed in the 19th century was a lie.

>Not to mention the fact this is obviously being done to make people butthurt and thus stoke up controversy, and with that viewers.
Show me proof.
Also, >by a female
I don't suppose you happen to resemble anyone in this photo

>Show me proof.
How about all the controversy this has caused and the literal showrunned saying there's been a press/media debacle following it?

>it's an "exaggerate a single line to make it seem like the media is run by SJWs" episode

That doesn't mean that was the point of the casting you numbskull

Yes, as we all know the BBC are a right wing desth squad. Definately no one in there trying to force progressivism.

By the way, you do know the BBC is currently having a gay season, to celebrate 50 years of legal sodomy, right?

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05797th

Not every Victorian white man was racist, just like not every American Southerner is racist. And it's not far-fetched that a white man who has worked with a black man soldier, might feel more comfortable working with a black man, than with a black woman.

Wasn't that specific time in history (the freeze) when a number of races and classes mixed?

History isn't white propaganda. But white people do tend to write the history books, and when they come up with historical films, and historical tv shows, and historical retrospectives, they do sometimes over-exaggerate how many white people were in an area. If there was majority black people making films and books, history would be a blackwash; no white person intentionally did this. It's just an accident of human nature.

Yes, I bet it didn't even cross their minds.

I didn't know, but thanks for telling me. I was actually looking for something to watch

>Wasn't that specific time in history (the freeze) when a number of races and classes mixed?
No.

Sure, there may be the odd negro slav- "indentured servant" there, but the show depicted them making up roughly half of the people and showed them as aristocrats, soldiers, and as other professionals, something they certainly would not be in London, if anywhere in the timeframe.

It was a blackwash.

Aah, yes, the smug irreverence, the hallmark of the redditor. You're utterly wrong, lad, the BBC are entirely "ess jay dubyahs" as you refer to them.

but the dude was saying that shit in front of bill

fuck, do you realize how ridiculous you sound? "hallmark of a redditor". Fuck me, how am I supposed to take you seriously when you sound like a thirteen year old that doesn't like someone else's internet club

>no white person intentionally did this
So you're saying they were making an episode set in 1814 London, and they just happened to make the cast 50% ethnic minorities? And they just happened to reference it, saying history was a whitewash?

Tell me how that works in your head, do they have some sort of automatic script writer process? How the hell do you incidentally make the cast 50% ethnic minority in an era where that wasn't the case and then incidentally reference it?

How am I supposed to take you seriously when you don't care that you sound like a circlejerking retard happy to go along with the hivemind and never form an opinion of his own?

You should really look into a mirror, m8. You're the one who accused the BBC of actively pushing a leftist agenda.

I don't mind including more people of color in movies and TV, I know that there were a lot more race mixing going on back then than we see in the history books, but that's not what I was talking about. If you look at The Family of Blood, the one woman who Tennant fell in love with was being racist towards Martha, but that sadly would be expected of someone back then so they made it a commentary on the time period, but ten years late we see a character being racist to Bill and the Doctor punches him in the face, demonizing white people

You realize that writers and casting directors are two separate entities, yes?

And I proved it by showing they're currently celebrating gay pride. You're the one who shrugged it off because he didn't like the truth,