IDW Revolution comics storytime

>What is revolution?
Revolution is IDW's big crossover event involving: ROM, Transformers, G.I. Joe, M.A.S.K. and others

>What is being storytimed?
Today's releases are Micronauts 5 and Transformers 56

>Previous Storytimes
Road to Revolution, Action Man 1 & 2, ROM 1, Micronauts 1-4: desuarchive.org/co/thread/84885482/#84885482
Titans Return (MtMtE 56 and TAAO 3): desuarchive.org/co/thread/85548432/#85548432
Action Man 3, Road to Revolution, ROM 2: desuarchive.org/co/thread/85726270/#85726270

>Downloads
Micronauts 5: mega.nz/#!u4AViJrS!Ia8cBHrwBfOGTVTmzVG8Wa_UmFByiuMawP0sy9X57Sg
Transformers 56: mega.nz/#!jlYiGITQ!F_xBp6A1naspIfX5K4zJbvvMdcpDWxj3UWqZejhbjAI

Starting with Micronauts

Looking forward to these two!

OH WOW.
They actually kept the whole centaur thing.

And now Transformers 56

IT ENDS THERE?
That's one hell of a cliffhanger.

Yep, I had to double check it when I read it myself.

>Yep, I had to double check it when I read it myself
Yeah, I almost thought you had skipped a page and just gone right ahead to TF? Such an abrupt ending.

I even checked the issue after posting the image to make sure.

>stun gun underwater
No words.

He's Kup, he doesn't believe in your silly "science"

Yo Joe!

I suppose it's toy accurate...

So much yet so little happened during that chapter. How frustrating. None of my questions were answered and too many panels were dedicated to human stuff that we already know is established in Revolution. It was pretty cool towards the end though.

Arcee, stop making bad choices.

RIP Alpha Trion

Now no one will buy your toy other than to get Sovereign

He'll probably comeback.
Or maybe he won't seeing how characters who die during crossovers stay dead,
>Shockwave
>Bumblebee
>Metalhawk
>Swindle
Yeah, he might actually be dead.

>tfw based shockwave is still dead
Why does life have to be so awful?

Also Swindle technically isn't dead, he's in a coma, see TAAO #3. It's likely he'll come back later on

He at least got an entire crossover dedicated to his evil scheme.

And I completely forgot about TAAO. Hopefully they bring him out of that coma though turning into Bruticus with a vegetable doesn't seem like a very good idea and it's probably going to injure all of them including the already brain dead Swindle.

The entire of IDW's Transformers series is probably indirectly thanks to him.

Combining with a brain dead dude doesn't seem like the best idea but then again they already have Brawl so one more retard can't hurt

Yeah apparently the Titans Return deal with MTMTE and notRID is only the setting up, the real event will be the second arc of TAAO after the Combaticons arc is done and after the Revolution tie-in is done.

Is Membros one of the creepiest things to come out of this comic yet? I want to see him chase Oz to Earth.

Look, it's Black Jeeg on Pansaroid!

Do you think he has a horsecock?

Acroyear best character.
Oh shit lad

All the Micronauts issues so far end abruptly. The only one that has what feels like a proper conclusion page is issue 2.
I don't really mind it, though. They're good cliffhangers.

So I guess this does confirm that Prowl's the influence that's made Optimus act like this for a while.

Except not, as Optimus would have had someone else do it like Prowl says he would've.

It was enough to nudge him into acting, but Optimus isn't the kind of person to let others do things for him if he can do them himself.

In other words, Prowl might be influencing him, but that doesn't mean he's Prowl 2.0, there's still enough Optimus in there to keep himself in check.

>Now he's just straight up stealing bodies
Even if the rest of this is hot garbage, Sentinel DIO Trump is fantastic.

>yfw this confirms that sentinel prime is dio and alpha trion is jonathan joestar
My prediction is way too accurate to be funny

>How many sparks have you devoured?
>Do you know how many energon cubes you've eaten in your lifetime?

>Alpha Trion just grows a flight mode that combines his IDW character model with bits from the new toy

Ok, sure.

Well I guess this allows them to make Lion Alpha Trion a thing now?

AT is a head, they build a lion body for him, problem solved.

>AT is a head
That's Sovereign, who's the true identity of Blackrock. AT is dead

Nobody in IDW dies forever. Especially not a legacy character.

Who's even died and come back in IDW? Rewind was an alternate timeline version, Nightbeat and Kup were revealed to have never died in the first place (kind of an asspull, but fits with the Dead Universe), Swindle is just a vegetable.
Bumblebee, Shockwave, Trailbreaker, etc; they're all still dead. I can't think of anyone else who's died and come back to life.

Megatron during the Brainstorm time travel thing

Ironhided died and Alpha Trio bullshitted him back to life by backuping him from hid Google drive or something.

Bumblebee & Shockwave got suck up into a black hole.

That is the comic book equivalent of "we'll put them on the side for now until we bring them back years later when we need them".

When Hasbro says TOYS NOW they will find a way a bring any dead character to life.

Action Man is cancelled after issue 4, how long have Micronauts and Rom got to live?

Ha ha what? Really?

ROM is going to go FOREVER because Ryall has a massive hard on for Rom.

Micronauts I give them like 25 issues.

G.I. Joe will have a booost because they'll be keeping a TF character hostage so they will go on for a while before they are shitcanned for the like 5th time.

MASK will barely reach 10 issues.

Everything is going according to the dead sea scrolls

Neglected to mention it but this really establishes Soundwave as OP's new right-hand man, doesn't it?

Micronauts has been consistently selling better than Transformers. Rom is getting a Captain Marvel-tier push.
Action Man, meanwhile, had no nostalgia or brand recognition to cash in on, so it was doomed from the start.

Why is Rom here instead of with Marvel anyway?
Most of his lore is there.

New IDW Revolutionaries series that's basically a a crossover team book has been confirmed.

>Shazraella's face when horsecock

Because Hasbro owns Rom after buying Parker Brothers. Marvel never did.

For what purpose? They don't do anything with it and everything that is useful is over there down to the Spaceknights. Might as well just sell it back.

Megatron didn't die, Rewind shot a spark who never got to be someone.

I've kept up with IDW's Transformers since day one and this Revolution thing is cancer, just like Combiner Wars, and just like Dark Cybertron.

>They don't do anything with it
Because they just finally cleared up the legal issues. They're literally doing a comic right now, and Hasbro has plans for a movie and possibly a cartoon.

They can't sell it "back" because, again, Marvel never owned Rom to begin with. Rom and the Dire Wraiths are the only essential parts, and they've got those; even the new Solstar Order looks more interesting than the old spaceknights.

It's already a million times better than either of those.

It's going to damage the TF comics more than they already are. I guess those who were kept awake at night wishing for IDW's comics to just die will soon get their wish.

These are all pretty much Hasbro inspired ideas. They can be traced to layoffs that occurred at Hasbro that saw most of the old guard fired and many of their internal development people like Alvarez and Schmidt fired.

>Micronauts has been consistently selling better than Transformers.
Woah are you serious? I love Micronauts so far but I didn't think it had gained so much momentum already? Nobody talks about it.

Why doesn't Hasbro put James Roberts in charge of the toyline? I'm sure kids all over the world would love to fuck themselves with transsexual gay robots.

Yeah, the first four issues have sold more physically than any of the TF comics on sale at the same time.

Roberts isn't a toy designer. And there haven't been any transsexual characters so far.

The kids I know also don't fuck themselves with their toys and if they did, it's a problem that has very little to do with the toy.

Are you the guy who shoved Buzz Lightyear in his ass?

Thank God.
I was afraid Micronauts was doing terribly since again, not much talk. As for Transformers, I'm sure it will regain some popularity after Revolution and onward to Optimus Prime. MTMTE #55 buried Roberts and exRiD is forced to suffer through this toyetic event. Sentinel being Sentinel and Soundwave being a good guy are Titans returns only redeeming qualities at the moment.

>even the new Solstar Order looks more interesting than the old spaceknights