ZUBBOLTS STORYTIME, WITH NOT LIEFELD STILL ON ART

ZUBBOLTS STORYTIME, WITH NOT LIEFELD STILL ON ART

I don't even know why I'm still doing this, the book is terrible

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/ybe8y3
youtube.com/watch?v=rY6HnWY-wbw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Would someone please explain to me why the art is so objectionable? Protip: "Because it's bad," "because it's 90s," "because it's aping Liefield," are not appropriate answers.

>release book
>don't let the writer introduce and develop the plots because it will be tied with an event a few months ahead

Bravo Marvel editorial

I was thinking that the art had improved, up to this page

You're just baiting for an argument that will inevitably devolve into the subjectivity of art.

ok, two pages explain everything about those two.

Well, still thank you for storytiming it

>Hiya! I'm slowly working through the comics which have my two favorite characters, Bucky and Natasha, in them
Color me unsurprised to see a female name signing this letter
Anyway all those letters are from moviefags it seems, this should be a good thing but I can't help hearing my inner Comic Book Guy voice screaming at them

When did Nighthawk stop being an anti-white racist?

As always, blame Bendis.

And a few days ago, an user was asking why he's even with them, now that he was straight in Pleasant Hill.
What do you think Anons, good explaination?

he's just hiding it because he knows it wouldn't be taken well by the others.

IMHO yes. It makes sense enough, as well as Erik acting that way as reaction to Pleasant Hill.

It's art, it's subjective.
I find it ugly, you don't mind or even like it. Good for you.
And I'm wondering if the colors don't make it even worse.

seeThe woman on the bottom doesn't even have fingers for christ sake, just a flipper.

Not that user, but while the color highlights are often too bright, they actually complement the pencils well to the point where they're the saving grace of many pages.
Look at any page where they're outside or during the fight, and realize how sparse and stiff the lines are there. All the rest, including the much needed perspective given by what's on the background having faded inks, is due to the digital coloring.

How many different Hyperions run around in 616?!

Kobik is cute. I don't want her to be Hydra.

This new M.A.C.H. suit is hard to look at. Which version is it, the newest?

Is literally every issue going to end with Kobik Ex Machina

What else is she going to do?

I think the intro captions are a great idea. They belong on the inside front cover or on page one though, not in mid story. It just clutters shit up when shit is already too cluttered.

The art isn't great, but it isn't unendurable. Some old school heavy inking woild go a long fucking way on top of it, though.

Will there be more issues of JLa vs Suicide Squad?

No, next issue is a CW tie in with Spider-Dindu

This book may have amazing writing, but I cannot fucking stand the art so i'll never know.

The talent standards at Marvel on all fronts have dropped so far

I'd say yes. I actually kind of like that Abe seems to be unsure whether he even wants to be there, and it makes up a bit for the previous issues. Erik's reactions also strike me as in character.

The writing noticably improved from the last issue though it's still pretty on the nose and Zub should tone down the use of censored swearwords.

WHERE IS CITIZEN V?!

poal.me/ybe8y3

Guessing it's like this for a reason, but Thunderbolts only has 1 vote for being a good read (unless you disagree)

In his upcoming series in All-New All-Different Marvel Now!, true believer! After all, haven't all of the other characters in this teaser gotten their book? :^)

I remember an evil Hyperion in Tunderbolts why back when. I assumed that was the original Hyperion and that he was always evil. Now, who knows. But yes, there do seem to be multiple Hyperions.

If I remember correctly, the T-Bolts have faced three different Hyperions in their history. One was the Hyperion from Squadron Sinister during the twilight days of FabNic's run, the other alt-verse evil Hyperion they fought in Parker's T-Bolts book, and the one here.

Marvel has so many great original new characters. Everything is so fresh.
Thank, Bendis!

I have a weird affinity for the bad art

def the best issue so far

Drop the team, the artist, and the writer, and give me a Bucky/Kobick book like Cable and Hope.

He's only like that in his own book.
Everywhere else he's just a general jackass.

Writing is a little better but the art is distractingly ugly. I hope that fill-in artist takes over.

Delete those hopes user. Malin has posted a teaser pic for Moonstone for issue 8.

why even live

I don't mind Liefeld redux as much as I do the crap premise and the thunderbolts be drug through another ringer.

Erik and Abe seem to be written fine. Karla though doesn't seem anything like her old self and Norbert consists of "I'm mad at Kobik" and "Oh shit Bucky, things are coming"

Because its too different for some peoples comfort. (The art isn't bad at all, its above average for a marvel title.)

Erik and Abe are alright, Karla is wildly out of character as is Norbert. At this point any of them taking orders from Bucky seems weird.

Erik and Abe have only been done well in this issue, though. Before then they were personality-less blobs in this book.

I am seriously puzzled though how Zub can get Norbert's voice so wrong. He is not that hard to get right.

Zub has failed to give them a solid motivation for following Bucky and he has done nothing to earn their loyalty or trust (compare that with how they treated Hawkeye or Zemo). Even the flimsy "he helped them escape Pleasant Hill, so they own him a favor" excuse doesn't stand up to scrutiny since the ones who freed them from the brainwashing and enabled them to escape were Norbert and Zemo when you get down to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=rY6HnWY-wbw

CUTE

Karla is the only one I can understand sticking around because she wants to get Kobik under her thumb like with Jolt.

Kind of feels like this sort of thing should have been a stronger theme of the book and we didn't get it until 4 issues in. I guess it might have just been early series jitters, but that's a lot to ask for people to stick around that long these days in the hopes for it getting interesting.

>literally the first three letters all mention shipping

comics were a mistake

Shit, make that first four. Missed that last one

I agree. This sort of things should have been in the book way earlier as the Thunderbolts books have always been character and character development focused books where everyone involved had strong motivations.

Instead the first three issues wasted time on shallow and not particularly entertaining action scenes that gave you no reason or hook to care about any of the characters except maybe Bucky. I think Zub alienated a lot of Thunderbolts fans right off the bat with that and the cliffhanger with Karla.

At least one of them is about Abe & Erik rather than muh BuckyNat or muh Stucky.

True, Matt has patrician taste

It's because outside of closeups, it's like looking at Toei Animation for about 22 pages.

Stills shouldn't look like Korean Workshop drawings or inbetween frames of a cartoon.

This has been one of my constant complaints with the last several years of Legion comics as well. Just put a cast summary on a recap page.

The artist leaves his art "simple" enough to let the colors do more of the work, and that's something we saw more of with early Image comics (and especially Liefeld's colorist).

It's something that hasn't been done in a while, but when it does, the feeling throws you off

Shit nigga, I'd buy it.

but really what dark magic do we need for this? and i love a good Lone Wolf and Cub ripoff

Yeah, it's Mach-X, although we never got to see VIII or IX.

>the other alt-verse evil Hyperion they fought in Parker's T-Bolts book
That was King Hyperion from the Exiles.

Thank you

But all of those are the exact reasons. The weird inking, the paddle feet, the angular proportions. It's all a 90s throw back

What the fuck is the deal with this guy? I don't get it, he is too similar to Liefeld to not have a reason, he even avoids drawing feet, he has all the same vices. What the fuck, is he actively imitating Rob?

RL sood a lot of comics. A lot. He must have some artist fans.

Rob Liefeld was the biggest and most popular artist of the 90s, to the point that he was doing Levis Jeans commercials based purely on that popularity.

That he would have influenced some artists should be no surprise.

Relaunch it with Songbird in the cast.

Marvel pls

>It's all a 90s throw back

But the Thunderbolts weren't in that part of the 90's, they were in the late anime-esque 90's!

Pls no, she's doing so good under Ewing ;_;