Both killing joke colorings are terrible

Both killing joke colorings are terrible.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/05/batman-the-killing-joke-trailer-redrawn-to-look-like-the-comic/
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=uFEHTAnsmGU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oddly enough the new "noir" version looks pretty awful too. There are some really great, striking panels but overall it's all muddled and shitty.

Wait theres anoter new coloring?

yes it came out a few weeks ago i think

It's just black and white.

Ok but the recolor is still worse

comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/05/batman-the-killing-joke-trailer-redrawn-to-look-like-the-comic/

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=uFEHTAnsmGU

The original at least has atmosphere. In OP's scene, it looks as if Batman and Joker are doing battle in some kind of lurid carnival hell- which is actually where they're doing battle.

The recolor from a decade ago makes it look like Batman and the Joker are fighting backstage at a community college auditorium.

Gotta be better then
>fuck backgrounds just splash a coat of purple on it
And
>colored lights what are those

The colorist had nothing to do with whether Bolland drew backgrounds or not

Recolor is good, original coloring is bad.

Did you see the fucking batcave user.

The recolor isn't even good when taken on its own without comparison to the original

Maybe this isn't what you're referring to

That is what im refering to yes

Redrawn looks better.

But that isn't just "splash a coat of purple"

I still can't believe Bolland agreed to the recoloring.

Color is so important and it's something that DCAnimated CONSTANTLY fucks up in a massive way.

The producers seem to think that every DCAnimated film should feature the same muted, muddled, boring color palette.

Compare the DKR adaptation to the original: DKR has the same grey, muted, rain soaked color scheme as virtually every other DCAnimated film. The source material is vibrant and visceral- the blacks are blacks, the yellows pop, the sky is bright with a sickly haze.

Placing the two images side by side makes one question if the animators even read the comic.

You're wrong.

He really didn't like how the original did the flashbacks

Its still horrible

Good argument

No. The original colors, whether people with today's sensibilities like them or not, belonged to their time. A comic made in 1988 shouldn't look like a comic from 2008 and shouldn't be made to look like one. It's like colorizing classic black and white movies.

Poor example you picked, since TDKR was as faithful an adaptation as you could make.

Killing Joke was the worse you could make.

The recolor is alright but the original reminds me of some kind of Dario Argento movie, I dig it.

I like the new one.

The Killing Joke is terrible

Are they ever going to stop milking this thing?

>TDKR was as faithful an adaptation as you could make.

Yeah, if you know nothing about comic story telling.

That adaptation took Miller-at-his-peak-level staging, pacing, and rhythm and transformed it all into something completely run of the mill. Yes, the main narrative is largely intact, but the narrative alone is not what makes DKR great.

Year One suffered in the exact same manner- sure, it was well produced, they recreated the big moments, and the voice cast was solid, but they failed to capture the meticulous structure and timing that made that comic a classic in the first place.

Are you Alan Moore? What's it to you?

Still, it's the best adaptation you will get given the circumstances. No need to be autistic about it.

If that adaptation was always going to be sub-par, then what is the point in creating it?

I mean, the actual answer is "DC knows it can make money by selling this shit to nerds", but humor me here.

>bloody eyes
Literally CRAWLING IN MY SKIN tier

Its fine has some nice art at least if you ignore the colors