Jem and the Holograms #18 Storytime

Hey there gals and pals!

Today brings us the newest outrageous issue of Jem and the Holograms.

Last time there was angst about Kimber's dating getting in the way of things, worrying about Rio finding out Jerrica's secret identity as Jem, Pizzazz being a jerk to Stormer, and a glam rocker was about to be killed by a bear.

IT'S JUST LIKE OLD TIMES!

Showtime Synergy!
youtube.com/watch?v=m6G_o1MYECg

Also nothing like being depicted on the cover happens at all, Blaze is barely in this issue.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w9CycKISFKo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Another bear
Sure you don't want to make a demon bear, Synergy?

Good timing, Shana.
Very low drama.

AWWWW STINGERS Y'ALL!
youtube.com/watch?v=w9CycKISFKo

Show's over, Synergy!

But there we go with drama, rivalry, trauma, and romance. And in the end everybody cries!

So until next time, stay outrageous!

So was the old art like half the reason why the book was so endearing because it seems like it

When I first saw that bear-attack at the end of the last issue, I first thought it was the dumbest thing ever.

But then I immediately did a double-think about what exactly the name of the comic I was reading was, and I decided it was the Jemest thing ever instead.

Exactly!

It was, in a word, outrageous!

I still like it, the writing is still Jem-tastic and I don't think this art is BAD by any means, but it doesn't have Sophie's kinetic punch.

I mean, just look at this angry Pizzazz in comparison to:

Okay, wow, so generation two Pizzazz thinks The Stingers are a bunch of poseurs.

Man, this comic is turning almost every character dynamic in generation one Jem on its head! 1 2 gen

Well Jen Bartel is off the comic now anyway.

From next issue forward the artist will be Meredith Mclaren.

I do miss the original gen 1 status quo though.

Or to be more specific, I bemoan the fact that this comic will not expand and explore the origininal generation 1 character relationships and bring them to their conclusions.

I wish there was a parrallel comic doing classic Jem stories.

(Has anyone else here developed an irrational hatred towards street signs and storefronts?)

>d-don't run

Yeah, your joints would explode, you fat fuck,

I'm gettin some Jolyne Cujoh vibes here.

I love this comic, but I would be SO VERY DOWN for a comic conclusion to the original cartoon.

So long as Kimber and Stormer still kiss, of course.

I was wondering when they were going to pull the trigger on this...

I like Jen Bartel's character art but her pages always look and feel so empty.

Way to rip off Jolyne and Speedwagon from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, this comic is trash!

I think part of it, too, is that her characters all look like mannequins.

How is it ripping that off?

A thought occurs... Instead of Pizzazz being hopelessly lovestruck at first sight with Riot, what if Kelly is developing a more tsundere approach to their relationship?

Yeah, she's far better on covers than interiors...

Just googled her work

While she's no Sophie, her art does convey a great sense of movement and emotion. She also seems quite capable of drawing multiple body type which Jen was clearly struggling with here

Agree.

Honestly psyched for this.
This needs more stylization and more ENERGY.

Jen Bartel and Paulina Ganuchau: the shiniest, glitteriest, girliest combination of art that could possibly exist.

I mean that in the best way, of course

And the eyes of her characters so vacant, soulless and dead.