Alright Sup Forums

Alright Sup Forums

I'm about to embark on watching some Wes Anderson movies. Never seen them before, but my twin brother likes them. He's a fucking pseudo-intellectual, so I already have an opinion about these movies. I had a few beers so first on my list is Royal Tenenbaums.

Go ahead and run your mouths about how intellectual you are, if this thread is still up I'll give you my opinion on it after the movie is over.

The Life Aquatic > Moonrise Kingdom > Rushmore > The Grand Budapest Hotel > Fantastic Mr. Fox > Bottle Rocket > The Royal Tenenbaums > The Darjeeling Limited

People like Wes Anderson's films because they are fun and look pretty, not because they make them feel smart, take the stick out of your ass fag.

Most people seem to think the royal tenenbaums is the best one, why do you disagree

Too slow and boring.

I unironically enjoy the films of Wes Anderson. The earlier ones anyway. The Royal Tenenbaums is my favorite.

Moonrise kingdom is my favorite

Start with Bottle Rocket.

They aren't pretentious or anything, they're cute, quirky comedies with a distinctive visual style.

OP here. Taking a piss break and refreshing my drink. I'll admit, it's not as bad as I assumed it was.

Royal Tenenbaums is one of my favorite movies, but I honestly couldn't tell you why. I just enjoy it.

That said, Royal Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic and Fantastic Mr Fox are the best wes anderson movies and really the only 3 I would recommend to people

Watch Life Aquatic next, then Fantastic Mr Fox then decide if you wanna check out the others

Royal Tenenbaums is the best starting point but Rushmore is his best

Yeah, I mean there's a reason why Royal Tenenbaums was the only one to play on Comedy Central for a good while

yea, same

JUST WATCH RUSHMORE FIRST.

Better to get his masterpiece out of the way.

They're are fun, funny movies. Thats it.

I like Life Aquatic and Budapest Hotel. Don't care for the rest.

Same
I don't know why but that movie was pure fucking magic to me, the first time I saw it was nearly life-changing
I can't even put it into words

I've only ever seen Moonrise Kingdom, but it's a favorite of mine. I love the visual style of it. It's super vibrant.

I'm not here to bash, but I've seen Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic. They are some of the least enjoyable movies I've ever seen.

Wes obviously has the artistic style and skill to create good looking scenes, but his films are fucking stupid and childish. I'd compare him to M. Knight Shyamalan, but I've actually enjoyed some of his earlier films.

I honestly feel sorry for anyone who likes the films of Wes Anderson. Like you must have grown up in a very sheltered life without any friends or social experience. at all.

I bet you enjoy the films of wes anderson