Wage slavery

I always see Americans here who argue about how it's the people's own fault that they have not enough money. Then they say they should stop spending so much money on food and start to eat ramen noodles every day.

Seriously do you really think it's okay to work 8 hours a day plus the time spent on driving to the work and surviving barely?

I mean I live in one of the richest countries and at the moment I'm a Neet. And even I think it's not okay to work all day because I love doing things and I also eat best quality food. I think it's even too much to work 8 hours even when you live quite comfortable.

I swear I would kill myself or go on a killing spree living in your country. Seriously how can any one be okay with this lifestyle, working all day just to survive? That's just depressing and you say that's all right because it's your own fault. Wtf? Are you serious?

Other urls found in this thread:

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Luxembourg
youtube.com/watch?v=Wpc-zAbL2Uw
businessinsider.com/entry-level-job-requirements-2014-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the same people that will buy a new $500 phone every year with a $100/month phone plan will complain they have no money for anything

it's not a real issue, poor people are terrible at managing their income

how are you managing to spend your entire paycheck on rent, food, utilities?

post detailed finances pls.

What else is there to do besides work? Jack off and play computer games? Might as well spend you time doing something vaguely productive.
Cities can be monstrously expensive to live in.

and then they're fatasses too

> BUT MUH I GOTTA EAT DA MCDONALDS CUZ IM POOR HOW DO CALORIES WORK WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN JUST BUY LESS AT MCDONALDS BUT MUH STARVATION MODE

FUCK this country's people god damn how they've become utter shit.

I m not poor so I also have an iphone. And that's the thing. Even though I live a pretty decent life with my parents, no money worries, I can't imagine working all day for this lifestyle because it is so much.

I kno I am lazy but why would anyone working fucking 8 hours every day to just live on the bare minimum? Why aren't your suiciderates skyrocketing?

I still live with my father and he has enough money have a house, a car for me and best quality food. He never graduated from high school. So at the moment I am completely carefree because I can't decide what I should do

From university*

The state restricts opportunity and social mobility, how can you succeed when there are so many artificially created barriers that punish you for success and others use the power of the state to restrict others from competing and improving their lives?

Americans are indoctrinated to believe in the Just World thing -- if you don't have enough money, it's your own fault. If you're not rich, you didn't work hard enough, etc etc.

They're all brought up believing that they're special snowflakes.

>will buy a new $500 phone every year with a $100/month phone plan
these people are not your typical poors, hth

death to america

in most of the western world, a single person can live comfortably on minimum wage.

however, wage slavery is when you pick a lifestyle where you spend all your money on this lifestyle and can't quite your job.

you can be a vice president who wants to spend shit tonne of money on scotch and hookers and fancy vacations. if that means you can't quit your job because you would end up on your ass, that means your a wage slave.

now that we have explained it, get skills, don't get so much fancy stuff or stop complaining

>in most of the western world, a single person can live comfortably on minimum wage.
"most"

this is not true of the united states

>le juss get skillz :^)
ok, so go to uni or trades school and waste hundreds of thousands of dollars only to not get a job at the end because nepotism, or self-teach something and not get a job because you have no certificate saying you know whatever the latest dotcom software suites are.

I don't want much fancy stuff. I want a comfortable place to live, good quality food, a pc and maybe a phone.

I dont need many other things like expensive clothes etc

And I think we are in a time where I definitely shoulndt have to work 8 hours every day just to have the things listed above. Common that sucks pretty fucking much

I know I'm a lazy motherfucker but I have got used to this easy lifestyle I can't just change my brain

While I agree that it's incorrect to blame poverty on an individuals defects and that the cash nexus creates a system of guaranteed poverty, there are quite a few people who just can't operate personal austerity and are so weak willed towards the creation of artificial need like adverts. They buy iPhones instead of food and go to food banks. Then they vote for social democratic parties because muh gibs. It's a lot of the former and some of the latter.

The shills are strong in this one

In america the only way you will move up in social class is if you go to university and get a degree that isnt fucking toilet paper "S.T.E.M major"

> ib4 but that's earning your wage through hard work

No. I've witnessed first hand students that grind thier asses studying in biochem only to fail the fucking class while i was working 30 hours, being a full time student ,only studied for 1 hour and making an A on my first exam. The system is riged to favor those that have resources to invest or the naturally gifted. It's bullshit and i feel sorry for those that are less fortunate.

>work 8 hours a day/ sleep 10 hours/ more 2 of driving and doing everyday chores for 4 hours free
>work 6 day a week for 1 day free
>work 11 months for 1 month free
>work 60 fucking years for 10 at most miserable "free" years

It's amazing how no one complains about shit like this

not to mention that thanks to MUH 900k STARTING memes, STEM is bubbling like fuck

there are literally too many engineers and computer nerds in the world now, and no one going into things like industrial or graphic design, architecture, civil engineering, etc. If you want a job as a programmer or engineer, you basically have to get in through nepotism or an internship granted by a private school. It's the only way I've EVER seen it work.

depends in which parts
new York and LA are to expensive for minimum wage but the cost of living in Texas is 42% less then in California.
also, SINGLE. i.e. not a family of 4 or a single mom with a kid and no boyfriend in sight.
define
> I want a comfortable place to live, good quality food, a pc and maybe a phone.
you can probably get a nice house outside the city for quite cheap, how good is public transportation.
a phone is not that expensive, just don't buy apple or the latest hit of any company. buy something thats been on the market for a year or 2.
PC is a question of how good. if you need the latest model for advanced gaming then thats a problem. same rules as the phone.
good food is just more money. but notice that the less you go out, the less it costs. i.e you may want to cook it your self rather then eat at mcheartattack.

shall i give you advise on becoming comfy without a job?

Yes man I really have it good at the moment and I seriously feel sorry for most of you. I just had luck to be born here.

Here's an idea: stop leeching off the work of others and get a job you fucking hippie

I actually have it good too, because my family was smart enough to realize how much bullshit it is to work for others. So they bough lands and built houses and builds for rent. Now we live off that only.

Yes give me an advice.

What i find confusing is that physics majors "at least on the southern east coast" has remained quite untouched

i busted my ass for five years only to get shot down by petty lazy bitches that i made look bad. america is fucked because that's how it operates: don't outshine anyone otherwise you become the target

assuming you don't take a 100k loan to get the university degree.
yes, i agree that getting a engineering degree with a shitty grade is not really better then no degree

>I know I'm a lazy motherfucker but I have got used to this easy lifestyle I can't just change my brain
If this is satire of the entitlement mentality it's shockingly accurate.

Yes I d work. If you give me a job where I have to work only 4 to 6 hours every day and which pays enough to get a decent place to sleep, quality food and a few extras I'd love to do that. I mean common it's 2016 kek but seriously those things should be affordable with not having to work all day

the industrial revolution was a mistake

you need to get assets. these are things that bring in money with little to no work. one thing that warren buffet did was put pinball machines in barber shops and such. this may not bring in to much money but if you get lets say,10-15 assets that each take very little work and each bring in about 100-200$ a month you will be taking in the cash for little to no work.

now, a few side pointers.
>to time consuming is like a low job
>repairs and cost of bussness are inportant

but once you get enough assets, the money roles in and you go collect some cash once a week

No it's no satire. I just can't imagine to live only to work. And I just need to think about really rich kids or people who make a fortune with youtube videos that I have no moral problem with being entitled. I just can't change it

>He thinks working 4 fucking hours a day means he should be able to live a middle-class life
>Being this entitled

Okay that makes sense. I also have some money assets saved through my childhood by my parents, so that's definitely an idea I can dig deeper

dont put to much in any one basket

Your middle class standards are too low kek. You can't really say that my claims are utopistic. A roof, food and some money for other things, I don't want to live in the white house.

Move the fuck out of the major cities on the east or west coast. Or just accept the fact that YOU consciously made the choice to literally flush money down the toilet by overpaying for the convenience, nightlife, whatever draws you to high population areas and stop complaining about how you're barely scraping by. This would not be an issue if you moved to a lower cost of living area.

>quality food
>undefined "other things"
>for 4 hours a day of work

Still retarded, your dad should've taught you the value of hard work

There is no possibility in luxembourg kek it is only a few hundred kilometerd big and the rent prices are 26 % higher than in america kek
numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_result.jsp?country=Luxembourg

Can confirm live in NYC, fucking expensive as fuck. What cities do you recommend?

youtube.com/watch?v=Wpc-zAbL2Uw

It's not like I don't do anything. I'm not the type who plays video games and I also don't watch tv. I just have many hobbies and I always want to learn new things. I don't just want to waste this life working all day

Good slave mentality

'Troit?

You don't have do work all day you dumb shit, only 7 to 8 hours five days a week. Learn how to stand on your own two feet if you like learning.

You can change it plenty, you're just a worthless sack of shit who provides no value to this world and complains about the evils of work while living off the fruits of your parent's labor. Do you have any idea how much labor goes into providing that high quality food? Anything worth doing and attaining to life is not served to you on a silver platter. I have seen all sorts of shitty things on Sup Forums but I am literally enraged at how pathetically worthless an entitled you are. You are not owed sustenance simply for existing you fucking snowflake.

It is at least 8 hours a day, 8 hours sleep( because sleep is important for your health, definitely not a good idea to save time here)
So there are 8 hours left. But so these hours are not merely leisure time. You have to get ready for work, go to work, get home, you have to cook and buy groceties, clean etc and you also need some time to calm down and not doing anything. Give brain time to think about things. Now imagine you have also a family with whom you have to spend time, there won't be left much leisure anymore.
There is no place for many hobbies, for learning and reading etc

But the way it is wasn't my choice. If I would have delegated the society, my priorities would be to invente and use technology to lower the price of the primary goods like living, eating etc. we have the possibilities to make living an frugally lifestyle so cheap that you would only have to work a few hours. But now we have hundred different fucking noodles kek and all the industrialized food etc

>It is at least 8 hours a day
If you´re not retarded and join a union you won't be put into any overtime.

>You have to get ready for work, go to work, get home
Unless you live in the suburb of an enourmous metropolis travel won't take more than half an hour to and from your job. If you´re not a slob, getting ready for work takes pretty much the same time as your usual routine.

>you have to cook and buy groceties
You still have to do this if you don't have a job, and it takes less than half an hour a day.

>you also need some time to calm down and not doing anything
what

>Now imagine you have also a family with whom you have to spend time, there won't be left much leisure anymore.
Three-four hours a day, plus weekends, summer holidays (4-6 weeks a year), Christmas, Easter, May 1st, and Labor day. Also national holidays.

>There is no place for many hobbies, for learning and reading etc
Yes there is. I worked full-time during this summer and finished reading The Road to Serfdom and a book my great-uncle wrote, while still having time to go jogging, hiking and play videogames. Now I'm starting my studies while working part-time and still have time to read and post on Sup Forums.
If you have even the bare minimum of planning for your time you can work full-time while still having lots of time for leisure.

There is no excuse for not wanting to work but sloth.

you are right, you still have leisure time, but not much and under pressure.
People are different, not everyone can work like a machine. If it works for you thank your genes and upbringing

>not much
8 hours a day of work= 40 hours/112 waking hours a week= 35% of your leisure time. Subtract all your holidays, mandated summer leave and sick leave and you're seeing something closer to 25-30% of your leisure time being used for work. Having 75% of your former leisure time is not that big of a loss, especially not compared to financial independence and the ability to use disposable income to enhance your leisure hours and potentially support a family.

>not everyone can work like a machine
Unless you work in manufacturing, you won't be doing that anyway.

>If it works for you thank your genes and upbringing

I just use basic time management and a planned diet. Works wonders for your life.

Suicide rates are skyrocketing though... ish

in last 45 year suicide went up by 60% and is the third leading cause of death.

>it wasn't my choice to shape reality into my personal world view that caters to me
>we can just invent stuff it's so simple
Please kill yourself.

>>in most of the western world, a single person can live comfortably on minimum wage.
>"most"
>this is not true of the united states

It's true if you don't have 4 kids to support

America is in a way locked into corporate slavery. Deregulation gave the banks and upper elites more power to conduct sketchy business.
>Glass Steagall
You're right most of us are spending more time working than advancing ourselves especially in the lower class.
If I might use an anecdote from my own life to explain a little.
I was adopted at birth to a lower middle class family. We lived paycheck to paycheck watching my dad work 2 full time jobs and run a handyman side business. Even then I got 1 meal a day, didn't have a phone until I was 17, never got a car for my birthday and mostly got socks for my birthday/christmas. I never got to spend time with my dad because he was always working. When I turned 18 I joined the military because my family couldn't board me up anymore. I'm now 25 been out of the military for 2 years and I'm already in debt. I work 8 hours a day just to watch my minimum wage checks go to food and rent.

In America if you don't have a good start with parents that can help you when you get out you'll end up in the lower class and god forbid getting out of it. In 2 years I've accumulated 30k in medical debt. I'm being sued for not paying my debt and they're going to garnish my wages. Money I don't have to give away but they don't care.

I have a flip phone, live with 3 roommates, don't have a car and we are living paycheck to paycheck.

America found a new way to enslave its lower class and nobody cares because all the honest hard working people are washed out in the data by niggers on welfare, single moms and drug addicts.
>INB4 get a better job and you'll make more money

This is a thinly veiled communist shill thread

during the 8 hours of work are you just doing tasks or are you proactively planning for the future?

chances are your brain is turned off for most of the day you faggot.

selfemployedfag here
i love working
it makes me feel valued and useful
people have a bit of respect for me at work, people that otherwise would treat me like shit
i can't really take time off, i just go right back to work
i make garbage money, but holy shit do i ever look down on those faggot neets

ARBEIT MACHT FREI
This world doesnt own you anything, you must work for it yourself.
Are you not ashamed leeching off other people?
You cant call yourself a man if you arent able to make a living by yourself.
What do you do? Im a bricklayer and thinking about starting my own company

Anything not a major metropolis.
Doesnt need to be some bum fuck nowhere town.
I am sure even you noticed most people work in NYC and take the train in from wherever they live.

>minimum wage

I think I found your problem. If you spent 5 years in the military but didn't get a degree or any marketable skills out of it then you fucked up hard and your situation is entirely your own fault.

I've yet to meet anyone who says stuff like you who actually works hard and/or isn't in their current situation as a result of their own past fuckups. I know lots of people who talk about how unfair the "system" is and how poor they are and all of them go out of their way to avoid working any more than the bare minimum.

I was 0311 for 4 years learning to shoot, patrol and clean rifles for the most part. When I got out of high school I thought I'd spend the rest of my life in the corps but section 8 put me back into America.

I didn't learn any skills that transfer into the real world very well except for being a LEO and I'm mentally unfit for such a career.

I don't avoid working minimum wage I just don't have any career opportunities in my state without a degree and I don't have the funds to go to college.

Not everyone who is working minimum wage is doing it by choice but I agree that most whiners are just lazy.

Ameriblubbers are the most cucked nation in the world
Working 55 hours a week to enrich their Jewish boss and just barely making ends meet is seen as a virtue
Reagan destroyed all the unions in the 80s and the average ameriblubber making $10/hr doing some menial job literally thinks unions are the devil

It's amazing how quickly this country went to shit once the USSR went tits up

Cmon dude youre clearly in the minority here. So much to the point thats its not even worth bringing it up.

And you are just being lazy. Look at all the shit people did for work after the Great Depression. How many of them would have killed for a minimum wage McJob. You trying to tell me that you have it harder than them?

Work your job. Save your money. Talk to your boss about a raise/promotion. Build your life over time. Not everything comes to you immediately.

Expecting other people to work to provide for your food and shelter is actually the definition of slavery.

>Americans are indoctrinated to believe in the Just World thing -- if you don't have enough money, it's your own fault. If you're not rich, you didn't work hard enough, etc etc.

Fuck off frenchie.

That's not what Americans believe, Americans believe that humans would all be better off if we learned to embrace the circumstances which we are born into.

Socialism is just extortion, it's not moral. The excuse for socialism is the assumption that no one would help each other if they weren't forced to do so at gun point, which is just a self fulfilling prophecy.

>after the great depression
Times change back then I could be an electrician with no license and still make money. My dad was around for that time and he did electrical work. Now here he is barely able to get a job in his field because they want him to be licensed and be a master electrician even though he's been doing it for 30+ years. He works 2 jobs still for less than he's worth because of how regulations changed.
Times change and it hits all of us you can't go comparing 40+ years ago to today. Back then you could put anything on a resume because the employer didn't have a massive database to tell him your employment history. Hell back then you could lie about your age to get into the Army at 16.
You wanna try that now?
>Save your money
I don't get any money to myself at the end of the month.
>raise/promotion
Because a 25 cent raise is really going to get me into the middle class and a promotion would put another 50 cents in my pocket GOLLYJEEWIZ I'M FUCKING RICH!

Lower class life is worst life and hard to get out of. I know I'm the minority but it still doesn't change the fact that the requirements for even entry level jobs have changed. For a lot of jobs you need experience which you can't get without either a degree or interning. These are for ENTRY LEVEL jobs something like data entry.
So there's a small conundrum. You need experience to get the job but can't get the experience because no one will hire you without experience.
Minimum wage jobs are where you end up without a degree or experience.
>businessinsider.com/entry-level-job-requirements-2014-2

That article explains how entry level doesn't mean what it use to.

Times change user and we need to too.

>If you´re not retarded and join a union you won't be put into any overtime.
You still have 8 hours a day minimum, that is if you want full benefits and such.

>Unless you live in the suburb of an enourmous metropolis travel won't take more than half an hour to and from your job. If you´re not a slob, getting ready for work takes pretty much the same time as your usual routine.
So about an hour or so roughly per day, depending per person.

>You still have to do this if you don't have a job, and it takes less than half an hour a day.
I disagree, unless you live off of frozen foods that you can throw into an oven.

>what
I think he meant time to unwind when you get home.

>Three-four hours a day, plus weekends, summer holidays (4-6 weeks a year), Christmas, Easter, May 1st, and Labor day. Also national holidays.
So 3-4 hours a day.

>Yes there is. I worked full-time during this summer and finished reading The Road to Serfdom and a book my great-uncle wrote, while still having time to go jogging, hiking and play videogames. Now I'm starting my studies while working part-time and still have time to read and post on Sup Forums.
Well from the math above, there is very little.
24 hours per day - 8 hours of sleep - 8 hours of doing work - an hour total of commuting per day = 7 hours left a day (if you live alone).
If you have family, you subtract about 4 hours and you're left with 3 hours left total. This doesn't take into account the time you spend cooking, eating, getting ready for the day, etc.

>If you have even the bare minimum of planning for your time you can work full-time while still having lots of time for leisure.
I guess we disagree on what we consider "lots."

>There is no excuse for not wanting to work but sloth.
The point OP is making I guess is that if you're a person who doesn't work a full time job, you're used to having a ton of time per day to do as you wish. Once you aren't a NEET however you automatically lose at least 9 of those hours.

No kidding. I took a generic business degree - had a hard time finding a job, but now I am gainfully employed. All my friend are unemployed or making less then me. Minus those who are working at Fort Mac

I have always wondered if wageslavemongers think people just used to sit down in their cottages and waited for the corn to grow or something.

Or if working for someone else is so terrible for you, and you somehow are too lazy/dumb/unlucky to make your own business, the option of trying out this imaginary land before wages can be done even within apartments.