Sanic thread

Are Sonic and friends honorary Sup Forums characters?

The Archie comics have been very good since the reboot

Other urls found in this thread:

en.sonicscanf.org/comics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The freedom fighters technically are.
Walter Naugus too

Why not?

Sonic Boom's a popular thing as well

Bunnie is the best girl of the entire series... Cute, strong, as an southern accent and married the man of her dreams

Team Dark best team

Been getting into the series from issue one because I'm autistic that way. Readcomic didn't have any of the old miniseries and I didn't bother hunting them down so I just impulse ordered a lot of all ten Sonic Selects for 20 bucks.

Gotta say, for all the indifference the first hundred get, the quality dramatically improves after 36 or so. Still, I'm definitely rushing towards the first reboot at 100.

>Gotta say, for all the indifference the first hundred get, the quality dramatically improves after 36 or so. Still, I'm definitely rushing towards the first reboot at 100.
The series doesn't reboot until 252 and Universe 55 you got a LONG fucking way to go. Also, have you been reading the side comics like the Super Specials and Knuckles?
My niggas

The fighting tournament arc is easily the best of the reboot. I'm glad the Unleashed shit is finally coming to an end.

People like the first 50 comics for the most part. The comic definitely gets more structured after 36 or so, but that structure quickly becomes a noose.

Endgame really wasn't that good outside of the art

I really want to see Honey come back soon

>Also, have you been reading the side comics like the Super Specials and Knuckles?
Like I said, didn't see them on readcomic and I didn't feel like searching for another website, so I ordered the Sonic Selects, which have all those stories.

Also, you're talking about the current story, right? I thought the first reboot with the bad writer happened at 100 and then the second reboot with the good writer happened at 175. And then the current series rebooted again at 252.

Yeah, it's a pretty big mess but it's still fairly popular. Lots of people like it the first time through.

The bad writer is on the book already where you are, user. It didn't take a reboot for him to arrive, nor will it take one when he leaves.

>Like I said, didn't see them on readcomic and I didn't feel like searching for another website, so I ordered the Sonic Selects, which have all those stories.
Oh you poor soul, trying to collect them all physically is actually impossible
Also you're WAY off on all of that

Okay, things get bad around issue 79 or the 2nd arc of Knuckles, the good writer comes on around 160, and does a bunch of continuity cleanup until 175, and the reboot happens at 252

As for a place to read all of them en.sonicscanf.org/comics/archie/ is the place for it

OH, and here's a reading order because you will need it

Guess you haven't kept up with the comics then.

Press F to pay your respects
F

Reminder that pre-reboot Snively is still in the Skull Egg in the Sol Dimension

Yeesh, good thing I'm working as a security guard right now so I can read at work.

I recently rewatched the entire SatAM series.

Still pretty good

I still love Nicole and Sally's voices.

And I dont remember Snively being that funny

>The ride will never start again.

If one were to start next year would be the year to do it
>3 years since the last one
>25th anniversary of the comics either that year or the next
>Universe 100
>If you play your cards right you can end the ride around the time Issue 300 hits

There is a storytime of Shonen manga going on at Sup Forums.

But I think no one can handle "Mr. Penders Wild Ride"

>Readcomic didn't have any of the old miniseries and I didn't bother hunting them down so I just impulse ordered a lot of all ten Sonic Selects for 20 bucks.
Oh, you poor dumb bastard. Here. en.sonicscanf.org/comics/

Sonic ScanF

I like that that's the one detail of Worlds Collide that's explicitly tied to the previous universe, and doesn't work with the premise that the entire thing happened because of Sonic Generations instead.
Feels like a glitch in the Matrix.

post yfw Nicole fucking died

Currently on issue 45.
Im reading the entire series because I've never read the sonic comics.
Pender's writing has been fine so far, but fuck his artstyle.

It cant be THAT bad

>It cant be THAT bad
Oh user if you only fucking knew. It gets worse, so much fucking worse.

Let me put it this way. I've read through every single story in the WoP twice and the only stories I'd say are worse than Penders' run are Girls and Marville

Also olbigatory ask of "Who is your favorite and least favorite character?"

I heard it gets to a clusterfuck.
But the main thing that worries me are my favorite characters getting fucked.

I cant pick one, so:

Sally, Antione, Bunnie, and Urkel Sonic

If were going by game characters I'll say Tails, Froggy, Vanilla, Espio, Vector, and Perfect Choas

I also like Snivey

As a great Disney villain once said...

"Poor unfortunate souls
In pain, in need"

>Sally, Antione, Bunnie, and Urkel Sonic
Antoine and Bunnie end up fine throughout the rest of the comic, but Sally. Oh god poor Sally she gets the short end of the stick in terms of writing quality for a LONG time
>But the main thing that worries me are my favorite characters getting fucked.
Sally gets fucked really hard, almost as much as Knuckles.
Bunnie ends up relatively fine because the bad writers never use her and Antoine gets some amazing character development
Vanilla doesn't show up until really late, Espio is fine, Vector is bad for a while, and Tails. I don't wanna get into Tails

I already know about Tails
I already know

You know one part, but...well...Fiona

He left that bitch to rust on an island.
Good for him.

If another one starts up can we just have the common sense to skip the awful Mega Man comics this time? They're ultimately irrelevant.

No, I want to read them.

HAHAHAHA

Sally and Antoine are pretty fucked, but luckily everybody just ignores Bunnie forever so she's safe.

I mean in a stronger capacity than the occasional walk on

She was back the very next page

Yeah that tale's not over, although the followup is some truly convoluted bullshit.

Antoine only gets fucked once Sonic gets back from space. Rest of the time he's fine

I dunno if having a robot explode in your face is doing fine user.

Could be or could be a certain malicious sentient computer virus impersonating her

I was more talking in terms of bad writing.

Do Archie comics have an omnibus or absolute edition where I can collect the comics. From what I've seen they only do trades and floppies.

Nope, and thanks to a certain Echidna loving asshole there's no way that will EVER happen

I don't know who's more incompetent, Penders for his shitty character or Archie with their shittier lawsuits.

That part's fine, the shitty part is when he gets scarred and grimdark.

Penders was an Archie employee so he counts as part of their long list of executive fuck ups.

It's also worth noting their trades paper backs for even the reboot continuity are seriously behind in production.

At least they haven't delisted them like they did the Mega Man trades though.

I think you're getting your history mixed up. Though it is kind of funny the former happens exactly 100 issues after the latter.

Didn't mean to imply that one led to the other, sorry. His grimdark origin was hilariously bad, both what was planned and what actually happened.

Yeah, both were pretty dumb, though having it be Patch instead of Antoine was the one good fucking decision Penders made during his tenure because Antoine turning evil was fucking stupid

I sort of liked Bollers' idea of the scars coming from a kitchen accident but then he never actually revealed the joke and instead of Antoine being a funny tryhard for a while we were stuck with a character so bad that only a convoluted Penders-twist could save it. Everybody fucked up.

>Everybody fucked up.
I actually generally think Bollers was ok, but his plans for that entire period of the comics were dumb

This should be a Bunnie thread.
Shame we won´t see Bunnie fighting against Rouge and Conquering Storm in a catfight

>That Bunnie vs Rouge issue
God that was shit

That's stupid.

>catfight
>not a single mention of Blaze
user pls

Still the best fan art to come out of the ride.

>cat

Vanilla has really long ears

squid
is
keet

>that face

Oh my sweet summer child

>Yeah, it's a pretty big mess but it's still fairly popular.

Endgame was insanely climactic when it first came out. In those days I wasn't aware of advance solicits and I honestly thought #50 was going to be the end of the series.

The execution really could have been better but in terms of shit getting real, it's second to none.

Will it actually be brought up though?

Sonic fans had to cling on something during the mid-90s especially SatAM ended on a cliffhanger and the dreaded Saturn Dry Spell (Fuckin' Stolar). We grabbed Sonic comics like it was the last one 'cause video game-based comics usually had a finite lifespan.

>Antoine gets some amazing character development
Evil twin though

I love how Hershey was created for the sole purpose of going full retard.

Sonic the Comic fanfics are impossible to find.

Wasn't the original idea of Antoine going hard because of the Source's influence on him?. And then after that we get the Evil Twin swerve.

So whatever happened with that Scott guy?

OUTSIDE of that he gets amazing development. Besides that's still less fucking stupid than what happens to Shadow in the actual games
In the end she makes 2 people go full retard too.
First two are correct, but the evil twin was a Penders thing
So are decent Archie Sonic fics. Good luck finding anything that's not an AU, romance centric (Specifically Sally centric) or involving Scourge. And good luck finding anything that's not a mix of those two
Nothing's come up since then

Law takes a really long time to do anything, so no news.

Oh, you're just on the start, bruv.

You're just STARTING.

I'm seriously thinking that SEGA should reboot the Sonic series once Sonic Boom Season 2 TV show is done.

Sonic generations & Sonic generations 2 (2017) are good but they need to add more lore in the serie.

I know there are law difficulties but...

1)Reboot like the old Sonic games (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles vs Eggman, Mecha/Metal Sonic etc) and then add Sally, Bunny, Rotor & Antoine.

2) Come back with 3D gameplay, introduce Knothole (Villagers, uncle Chuck, Accorn Royalty etc) and then follow the comics with Enerjak, Iron Queen, explain dimension (Eggman killed Robotnik, Zcop, Scourge...)

>but they need to add more lore in the serie.

Sega of Japan doesn't give a fuck about comic Sonic characters

As much as I love the comics and their universe, I have to disagree.

The Sonic games have more than enough to work with in terms of lore and things you could expand upon. The problem is that nobody fucking does anything with it. You could reasonable expand upon the Great Civilizations thing from Battle, or expand upon South Island and its history (The presence of ruins and totems implies some sort of culture). Also throwing away incredibly popular characters in favor of incredibly niche characters is a really, REALLY stupid idea

Reboot isn't necessary for anything, and the comic setup, especially the old one, doesn't work with the game's philosophy at all.

They should at least upgrade Echidna because in game they are pretty weak.

They don't want to introduce Sally as Sonic's girfriend because the world think that the ultimate meme xouple is Sonic x Amy
>Sonic gets married with Sally 20 years later
>Amy disappeared
top kek

They haven't introduced Sally because 1. Sega of Japan has no idea who she is, and 2. Sega mandate means Sonic can never be in a relationship.

In-game the echidnas were done and over with. The world isn't supposed to focus on any single thing forever, it's always had exploring new shit as a focus. Sonic's a tourist, not an archaeologist.

To hell with it, we're marathon men.

At least wait until the Unleashed Arc is done shit for brains.

Boom: 1
SatAM: 0
Robotnik's surname doesn't count because it came in game manuals first

>It cant be THAT bad

Carcinogenicpancreas

The only downside of Boom is Marine getting replaced by Sticks.

They should just add Sticks' personnality to Marine. This is truly disrespect. It's like using a Red Buffed Yoshi with Knuckles' personnality

So is SEGA in general even allowed to make any echidna characters without Penders throwing a bitch fit? Thanks to him we'll never see Shade again.

I think the question you should be asking instead of "Can SEGA make new echidnas?" is "Would SEGA even want to make new echidnas?".

The answer is likely no.

Does this mean no more Tikal?

She can stick around. They just won't create any new echidnas

>new echidnas
>new

Tikal's not coming back anyway user, she's a dead ghost.