Kenobi movie is happening!!

Expect announcement around late October.

Ewan McGregor has signed on alongside Temeura Morrison who will be playing an older Commander Cody. Star Wars Rebels season 4 will explain how and why Cody is appearing in Kenobi's solo film.

Disney want a ''kid friendly'' mad max style adventure. Kenobi and older Cody team up to battle a powerful crime syndicate on Tatooine. we're looking at a 2020 release date. Neil Jordan will direct (of crying game fame). Disney are discussing the possibility of a sequel or even trilogy focusing on Obi-Wan between episodes 3 and 4. But they will wait to see how well Kenobi's first solo film will preform.

fucking based prequelkino

No one cares. Please stop.

pff... i care. fuckoff.

think if they ever knew fett would be such a runaway success they would have given such an un noteworthy death?

Source?

Source? It's too good to be true.

Noooooo! Get Alec Guiness to play Obi Wan! Ewan Mcgregor doesn't know how to act !!! He sucks!!! Andno clones!!!

>Ewan McGregor
I'm sold.

Ewan playing obi-wan again, im all in.

fuck yes. the star wars we need.

As if you blind reddit letter media fanboys wouldn't hate it no matter how good it was.

Star Wars is saved!

pls be real

>kid friendly mad max

What?

>Disney making a movie with a White male lead

Haha
Yeah maybe if Ewan was Jewish

I hope this is true. That's a movie I'll go to the cinema for.

This is the only nuWars shit I'd care about, and only if it's Ewan channeling Alec Guiness.

Han Solo movie isn't important because he's a nobody before the rebellion. Kenobi was a known name.

>battling a powerful crime syndicate

You wanna buyy some dethstickks??

I faintly remember some semi official poll that showed Kenobi movie was the most wanted spin-off

But how does Cody get dechipped?
How would Cody even find Kenobi?

Source or fuck off

What if cody was working for the empire

Obi wan and clones?
This can be the only good movie Disney is gonna do

I don't buy it but check these

Dubs
Star Wars dubs no less
Based

>Temeura
TEMUERA
Didn't even spell his name properly

...Then how would the Empire not know where Kenobi was?

That chipping was the biggest disappointment in the whole CW series. It was unnecessary - clones had more than enough reasons to resent the jedi as they were and so did the rank and file soldiers.

Cool. Better than a fucking Han Solo movie.

It makes more sense than the Clones having a secret list of orders that all of them follow blindly.

>4077
M*A*S*H
Star Wars dubs again!

This should be a movie with no female protagonists. Too bad Disney hates film.

Cody shot Obi Wan in the back, how can they even team up, are you retarded?

Why would it make more sense? They are basically ubersoldiers with innate drive to fulfill the orders moreso than any normal troop. Don't forget that they were the Republic army, not Jedi army, and they just got a message that jedi tried to assassinate to Supreme Chancelor of the republic and frankly clones have no reason to like jedi, since the only ones who treated them well were Anakin, Ashoka and Obi Wan. The rest of them treated them at best as soldier units, at worst as something unreliable and untrustworthy. Fan favorite Quinlan Vos even called by the numbers, just like the jedi general from the massacre at Umbara.

They even wrote in the Republic commando books that jedi did actually know about the list of orders, yet they paid it no mind, since nearly every single army ever had such a protocol against the treason.

i could think of heaps of scenarios how they could team up.

PREQINO

i could take or leave the chips desu, but since its canon and we got a kino arc out of it may as well embrace it.

Go away stupid shill. Nobody in their right mind cares about new Star Wars.

I wish.
Ewan returning for a Kenobi solo film is something I'd love to see unlike the Han Solo film with a guy who can't act or even look like Han.

i hate star wars because i hate star wars because i hate star wars because i hate star wars.

But if they were just following orders blindly it would be way more interesting. I liked the idea of the clones being cold as fuck killers, before the chips thing.
>trust someone with your life
>become friends
>they were willing to kill you from the start

>not making a space western set on tatooine

New Star Wars is trash, though.

PLEASE BE REAL

that's not true there were a few good episodes of rebels.

If this is real, I hope the next one is a Sheev movie.

Star Wars has been trash since 1999.

It's not a good sign when a billion dollar movie franchise only has "a few good episodes of a tv show"

star wars had always been trash

They should stop with this movie/show intertwining (especially before the movie's even out). The show might even be alright but it fucking cheapens the movie. This soured otherwise positive news...

Yeah they had a whole list of commands. Order 65 was if the Chancellor tried to take over the clones would turn on him if the senate voted to enact it.

This is one of the only Star Wars spin-offs I'd be excited about

star wars works better on TV, if George could do it again he would have made it all a TV show, it pretty much is with 8 movies.

This.

So far the New Star Wars has been a boring retread. If based Ryan O'Johnstone fails with The Last Jedi then this franchise is truly intellectually dead.

This is their last shot to do something interesting.

Now you're just being silly.

What's more interesting
>clones being forced into a morally difficult decision between following what they believe are justifiable orders or refusing them to save who they interpret as friends
>some fucking chip that makes them do whatever they're told

fucking normies too stupid for rogue one

I don't disagree, it would certainly reduce the overdone and dragged out action sequences (if it was live action). But the movie episodes still shouldn't be deliberately based on characters who've had significant development in the current kids animated show lasting several seasons.

Didn't cody try to fucking kill him? Why would obi forgive that?

Cody hasn't appeared on rebels yet, and i doubt (if this is true) he would get significant development in his one episode and then this movie would most likely take place before rebels anyway.

It's definitely more interesting if the Clones had free will in the situation. But given the way the Clone Wars developed and showed that the Clones and Jedi had mutual respect.
It's kind of cheap but makes more sense. Why would Sheev let his grand scheme all come down to Clone Troopers making a choice?

Because Obi is a good guy and good guys forgive. And because Cody was a good friend who just had a chip in his brain or something that made him do bad stuff, according to the new canon.

according to new canon invented by George Lucas so therefore always canon

>implying Scotsmen are white

>he was a good friend

>star wars
>intellectually dead
So as it has always been? It was only a milestone in terms or special effects back in the 70s

He was a good friend

>That god awful Saw Gerrera in RO
It was a completely different character and was clearly a quick name change to bring in fans of the show.

I don't really care about their future projects. They could have the best pitch for a movie and it will be dogshit as long as Kathleen Kennedy is running LFM. She messes up with the creative process and pushes her feminist supremacy agenda. Anything is doomed under her helm.

Yep

This, and a Sheev movie are what I want. Same actors.

Shouldn't it be Rex instead of Cody?
Cody never got his brain chip removed

wtf that man is a clone?

>not a single source in the whole thread

I want to believe it but it sounds too good to be true, Disney doesn't want any more white male protagonists

Question: Since clones aged faster to become adults, do they also die of old age faster? I mean do they age normally after becoming adults or do they age fast their whole life and turn into elderly people in a few years?

This entire thread is wishful thinking. It won't happen specifically because it would make for an awesome movie. Disney is too retarded.

Shit, that is neat detail.

>all we have to look forward to is endless OT pandering until the end of time

And Darth Maul too but at long last he was a good friend

Imo a Kenobi film should have a samurai film feel to it. Like he's almost the last of his "kind" (Yoda obviously alive as well) and just kind of drifting around in the world, a man out of his time.

Yes, they die offf much faster, if I remember correctly few rogue clones in the books were trying to fund the cure against it. It makes sense for their makers, since there was need for fast grown army at the time, and it means more profit because the customers would have to order new clones much faster.

The Kenobi novel was very well writen in this regard. His need to help people against the need to stay down, a big city boy in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, with a prospect of decades of life in the desert, after he saw his world crumble and his friends to all die.

No one hates star wars more than it's fans.
The amount of garbage you have to shift through to find something good is infuriating.

That would be great, also Vader should not be in it.
The Empire could be felt, but Kenobi choose to hide out in that fucking twin sunned planet for a reason. Minimal Empire presence.

>tfw the trilogy between PT and OT will actually be good
R1 wasn't bad. It's the final episode in the mid-trilogy.

R1 had good bits, but the movie wasn't great.
Same with TFA.

I have a feeling this is what we will get from now on.

R1 is better than nu-T and PT flicks.
OT>MT>PT>nu-T

That filthy traitor!

I'll never defend the PT, but I have watched them at least 12 times each.

I saw R1 and TFA once, and cannot bring myself to watch them again. They both felt like chores. Even AOTC didn't feel this way.

DELETE THIS

youre absolutely right and its been a merchandise product since then. like troll dolls of cinema.

Same here, you described it pretty well.

>Left his apprentice to burn alive
>Good guy
>Good friend

You know what, you're right. I can't imagine rewatching R1 even though it was an okay film. PT was pretty shit, but I saw it many times and I'll see it many more times. There's something about it. It's true and honest filmmaking.

It's was punishment for doubting the high ground

>they will make a trilogy about Darth Vader learning the ways of the Sith in your lifetime
And you'll watch it, you gay fag

They're filling that gap with the Vader comics.

maybe the reason you don't want to watch rogue one again is because you changed, not star wars.

Literally the only Star Wars movie I want - a EwMac-led Obi movie set between ep 3 and 4. Therefore, I refuse to believe it.

Also, check em.