IDW's X-Files Origins

>Before the FBI, before the X-Files, they were just two teenagers in search of the truth. On Martha’s Vineyard, a young Fox Mulder investigates something strange happening on the island, while in San Diego, 13-year-old Dana Scully looks into the shocking murder of her teacher. Two kids, two mysteries, one conspiracy that threatens the future of humanity.

I liked most of IDW's other X-Files stuff. Hope this is good.

When did comics go $5 per issue?

What's paranormal about Scully's origin? I can get Mulder having a paranormal interest because of what he thought happened to his sister but I don't see Scully having anything but a normal childhood.

>Scully ran into paranormal shit before she met Mulder.

No, that's not how it works!

Didn't his interest in the paranormal start much later in life?

I can't remember too well. I think he was seeing a therapist or something and he started having dreams about the night she was taken. I think that was after he was already in the FBI

I'm pretty sure in like the pilot Scully mentions that Fox was the best criminal profiler or something like that then he went to the X-Files and got a reputation as "Spooky Mulder."

Also the origin episode for the Lone Gunmen we see Mulder and he seemed rather normal. He was rather surprised when they started telling him all the weird shit that happened was part of a government conspiracy.

>He was rather surprised when they started telling him all the weird shit that happened was part of a government conspiracy.

You're right, so he was a pretty normal guy right up until what 2 - 3 years before the first episode takes place?

I imagine he started out trying to figure out what happened to his sister and that led to him going to the FBI. Then probably after meeting the Lone Gunmen he started looking at the paranormal and then went through the hypnosis, and became obsessed with aliens.

>We're totally not trying to rip off Ben and Gwen!

For what purpose?

storytime?

I hope so.

Mulder looks like this guy.

Scully is just holy shit are you niggas serious

Dead fucking serious.

Mulder would have looked cute if not for the chin and those thick lips.

I have my volume 1 signed by Gillian Anderson and before doing so she told a picture of me.

Best day ever.

Im a massive x-phile but Im not going to read this shit, the premise alone is so anti-lore its pitiful

also I thought the YOUNGER VERSION OF PROTAGONIST OF POPULAR SERIES shit died in the early 2000s

I mean, it's not like the X-files lore can get worse than it already got.

At leas that new mini-series proved beyond a shadow of a doubt where the actual talent in the series was. The Chris Carter episodes were almost unwatchable.

>>Before the FBI, before the X-Files, they were just two teenagers in search of the truth
What, no they weren't. Mulder had to recover the memory of his sister's abduction after he became a dick name in the FBI. Scully's origin would only be a completely normal med-school experience.

I really can't believe they brought back Smoking Man.