Captain Marvel: Rebirth

How could/should it be done?

Jeff Parker/Doc Shaner
or
Morrison/Cameron Stewart

Billy Johnson and the multicultural kids sacrifice themselves to stop the Rock of Eternity from destroy the universe, they all die, the council of unoriginal stereotypes is revealed to be just Imbunches from other universe that escaped to this reality and vanished the real Shazam, Billy Batson and the marvel Family from Earth S comes to our universe to save us all and to find where the real Wizard Shazam is, they have to win the trust from the gods of out earth so they will grant them power.

Billy Batson and the Quest for Shazam!.

>Morrison/Cameron Stewart

NO they need to finish Seaguy

It's too late, Cooke already died.

I'm really torn on this. Even though I think Captain Marvel is perfect as is, I can't deny the appeal of New 52 Shazam and the Thunder Kids.

I honestly don't know how I'd do it. I think I'd be happy if they just took New 52 Shazam, got rid of the shitty costume, and called him Captain Marvel again.

Make it Henshin as fuck.

Hi, Captain Nazi.

I Miss him so much.

Call his book Whiz Comics, call him Captain Marvel within the universe and stop calling him Shazam.

I'm OK with this...

Keep the book named Shazam!, Whiz Comics isn't marketable to casuals.

Make him a white kid who shazams into a black guy and his whole thing is about white people understanding what black people have to go through

Do the Thunderworld multiversity book but within some kind of continuity with the rest of the DC stuff

this

Stop calling him "Shazam", hopefully

start of with a six issue arc of him passing each trial to earn each power. Then another seven issues of him resisting each sin to prove himself worthy of keeping his powers. Then thirty nine issues of Captain Marvel attending grade school and using his powers to makes his schoolchums and teachers' lives easier

So fucking sad thinking about how great could have been

I honestly don't see why they were fine with him being Captain Marvel for seventy years, then suddenly decided he had to be Shazam (which is stupid, since that's his power word).

Captain Marvel in Marvel comics is busy being stupid enough on her own, she doesn't need to fuck up the Big Red Cheese, too.

>, then suddenly decided he had to be Shazam (which is stupid, since that's his power word).

How the fuck did he introduce himself for the first time?

Put Sholly Fisch on writing. Give Gary Frank a watch that gives him superspeed. Behild magic as it happens

there's worse ways to explore this idea

Yeah its stupid if you have to change the name dont use the word that fucking transforms him and will get confused with the wizard.

Start by forgetting the nu52 Cap ever existed. Nothing triggers me more than Billy and Cap being the same person. WIsdom of Solomon and he still acted like an edgy kid.

>I honestly don't see why they were fine with him being Captain Marvel for seventy years, then suddenly decided he had to be Shazam (which is stupid, since that's his power word).

The answer is simple: Movies.
WB wanted to explore the IP, DC wanted to keep the character the same, Morrison, Simone and Waid had a join project with the character, but WB and their boy Geoff "WB's bitch" Johns had different plans. The trio got news that the editorial "wanted to explore another direction" and after new52 started Johns published his Movie script, cruse of shazam. Everything was movie friendly, from getting rid of the gods to not scare away american fundies, to the multiracial cast. Even Sivana looked less jewish.

This desu

Keep the bit where he scattered silvanas ashes that was nice.
Then again if you do that its a little harder to bring back sylvana.

I agree with both of these.

The book should be named shazam, but calling Billy that is retarded as fuck.

Although come to think of it i dont think they ever called the wizard by his name in the nu52 despite how much he turned up towards the end.

SHAZAM SENTAI

>the wizard

Is not the same character.

Y'know, I kinda like this.

I think i did see something that confirmed the wizard from pandora was shazam but i may be misremembering.

JEFF

PARKER

Johns would fuck it up. His creative input is why the GL and new DCEU movies have been so horrid.

The Slaves of Mickey Eye ended with:
The captive superheroes and villains being freed
The villain punished
The park destroyed
Seaguy getting the girl

It wrapped up everything. What's left for Eternal to "finish"?

>Killing off every single new idea out of spite instead of finding a way to use them well
You are the cancer killing comics.

>>Killing off every single new idea out of spite instead of finding a way to use them well

You wouldnt be saying the same is superman was suddenly from mars and got his powers from a Powersuit, and the kents were the jewish scientists that found him.

The cancer that is killing comics is MOVIE pandering, and that is what Johns Shazam was. Notice how Johns didnt do anything with the character after the Shazam movie was delayed.

>Implying GL wasn't Guggenheim's fault
>Not knowing that Geoff hasn't been involved with the DCEU for that long

>>Not knowing that Geoff hasn't been involved with the DCEU for that long

>executive and consultant in every movie
>writer of Wonder Woman and Batman
>Literally the reason Cyborg is in the league and gets a movie
>The flash movie is using the It was me origin
>Cruse of Shazam was literally a movie pitch
>CCO, his entire role was working on the DCUE, the animated movies, the games and cartoons, usually pitching his own stories
>Is the president of DC now, and will likely be writer in more movies

Fuck off.

I thought Shazam threads were over this shitposting, but no, 4 years later and here we are.

>4 years later and here we are.

4 years later sure, and how many stories with the character had we have?

The original one, and the one shot in darkseid war.

He was in superman rebirth i think

This is the Captain Marvel Rebirth thread, I don't think anyone's started a Black Lightning one yet, you should go do that.

>Captain Marvel

This is legally not possible, just like DC is about to release a comic book called Tarantula about a web-crawling superhero even though DC published such a comic book in the Golden Ages before Marvel was even the name of that fucking cancer on the comic book industry.

>This is legally not possible
I whish this meme ends, they can.

And Shazam is? Both sound equally hokey, but Whiz Comics would at least have that Golden Age appeal.

Yes they cant they just cant use the name on the cover