Jacob's Ladder Remake

>Michael Ealy, Jesse Williams and Nicole Beharie will star in a reboot of the 1990 psychological thriller “Jacob’s Ladder.”
>Producers previously said the new film would be “more akin to an homage and not mimic the original.” The new "Ladder" has been conceived as a modern-day paranoid action thriller about two brothers.
Thank god someone is gonna turn that outdated, boring psychological horror movie into a fun action thriller I can watch with my bros. Lead actor's most notable roles were even Underworld and 2 Fast 2 Furious, fuckin dope bro!

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2016/04/nicole-beharie-joins-michael-ealy-and-jesse-williams-in-jacobs-ladder-remake-287694/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/jacob's ladder/type/op/page/2/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/52006127/#52006127
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel like this is probably fake but then again I wouldn't put it below the current film industry.

gee i wonder who could be behind this

FAKE
Nice bait, of course that won't stop Sup Forums from melting down
>inb4 200 replies

Remaking Jacob's Ladder is already a terrible idea; changing the races of characters unnecessarily is even worse of an idea.

>movie called jacobs ladder
>not an adaptation of Spec Ops the Line
weuw, vlad

>Jamal's Ladder

Google it, it's real.

So, if early 2010's was capeshit films, will late 2010's be niggerwashed remakes?

is this a new blacked title?

This is fucking news from literally last year.
indiewire.com/2016/04/nicole-beharie-joins-michael-ealy-and-jesse-williams-in-jacobs-ladder-remake-287694/

they can't keep getting away with this

You know it can take more than a year to make a movie.

>black man with blue eyes

So genetical trash that's even more trashier? How is that possible?

>Don't worry goyess! You can fuck a negro and still produce a light eyed child!

>we need more minority representation
>get a bunch of half breeds with light eyes

Hollywood has been remaking the rest of the world's movies for ever because US movie goers can't into subtitles.
Seems logical at some point to fragment the US audience and re-make movies for every kind of niche audience (WASPs, educated, uneducated, women, blacks, Asians...).
The same logic applies and has been for decades.

That said, you did a good job with True Lies. the original French version was too French, even for the French. Except that, it is mostly greed and laziness on your part with mostly poor results.

>reboot

But it's not a franchise, it's a one-off psychological art movie-type of thing made in 1990. Is everything now a franchise? Are they going to "reboot" My Dinner with Andre? Ordinary People? The Piano? It's inane.

Jacobs's blacked her

>Nicole Beharie
yup im gonna watch it

So hol' up. Why blacks gotta steal everything?
Oh, right, black people have no culture of their own!
LOL

That's because they want black people to watch, and the worst-kept secret of black people is that they prefer lighter-skinned people too. Look at the old "race movies" that used to be made for black audiences in the Golden Age of Hollywood - all the stars look "high yeller", some so pale you can't believe they're actually black. Look at black movies now - not many darker chicks in the leads.

Guys

>a little known one-off flop from 26 years ago
>THIS is the movie that needs to be remade
What the fuck

Until this remake was announced, the only posts on here that mentioned Jacob's Ladder were list posts or one-line "Jacob's Ladder is underrated" comments that nobody ever replied to.

I find the idea of "rebooting" a single film laughable, but I find the sudden pretended concern for the original film even more laughable. I almost hope they make a nigger Satantango next just so you dipshits have to sit through the original "on principle", or else bullshit transparently on Sup Forums about how much you love it.

Most people with an interest in movies have seen it but it is kind of ridiculous because remakes usually look for marketability

How it works is this - producer owns a property. Property stopped making most of the money it'll ever make some time ago. The rights revert to someone else soon, or just become profitless baggage. The producer wants to see if he can make some more money without having to buy a new property. He decides to remake it. This is also why Herzog's asinine Bad Lieutenant remake happened.

There's nothing to worry about. People love saying shit like "have you seen the original? I saw it. It's better", so the original film will get more viewers and become, briefly, slightly overrated rather than underrated - in any case it was only underrated because it was underseen. How many people even remember the Total Recall remake with Marky Mark?

We used to tell good stories, and people wanted to remake our films. Delete this post.

>How many people even remember the Total Recall remake with Marky Mark
Apparently not even you, because it was Colin Farrell

>Most people with an interest in movies have seen it

Give me a break, man! In the history of Sup Forums, you'll find not one thread dedicated to it until the darkie version was announced.

As for the marketability of it, see . They'll use the very basics of the plot - enough that anyone else who owns a piece of the original would sue the producer for using a different title, which is as much incentive as it takes.

This is one of the whitest movies you could've picked, too. What are they going to do. Have hooded KKK members following a black dude around in a car? Wheeling the guy through a bunch of job applications at the end? >but I find the sudden pretended concern for the original film even more laughable
What is there to even talk about the original.

That proves my point!

>WE WUZ LOUIS B. MAYER N SHIET
Funny, but some people really think like that.

this meant for

Why would you make such an easily falsifiable claim?

Once you work out the twist around 15 minutes in it's a pretty bland film

I don't love Jacob's Ladder or even think it's underrated -- I actually think it's somewhat overrated, but that's another matter.

That being said, I usually get peeved over Horror remakes because 99% of the time it's remaking an already good movie which takes very little effort, as opposed to taking a bad movie and making it good.

And changing the races is a stupid political move, imo. I hate when it's done because it's so fucking lazy and clearly used to score brownie points.

In summation: there's zero reason to remake the movie, as is the case with nearly all Horror remakes.

>Yakub's Ladder

>why would we ever talk about a film we admire which has tons to analyse in it
OK.

Because I wanted to see how desperate you'd be to prove me wrong. You sure showed me how much it means to you to lie about this. The first of those got five replies. Most of the replies in the second thread are underwhelmed. The third is on *page 53*!

>In the history of Sup Forums, you'll find not one thread dedicated to it
- some faggot, 2017

>>why would we ever talk about a film we admire which has tons to analyse in it
>OK.
I said WHAT is there to talk about you aut. You can't just respond to "what is there to talk about this movie" with "There's a ton to analyze in it"

They are remaking old IPs that made money before to make more money out of them. There's no reason remaking a good movie - in your opinion - would be easier than remaking a bad one, and generally speaking, bad movies don't get remade because there's little money associated with them as properties.

>And I allow myself to get angry that black people exist.

I know.

Umm... no, sweetie. Try again. We are being more inclusive.

>They are remaking old IPs that made money before
This isn't an IP that made money before

It pulled in $26 million on a $25 million budget, which means between marketing and the theater's cut of the profits the studio must have lost millions.

Googled it. It's real. What the fuck. It's so random.

You're saying that not desperately scrolling back to page 27 makes me some faggot? I think you're some faggot to have been so thirsty to contradict me, and SHIT, I just noticed, the third thread in your image has SIX REPLIES! So only one of these threads that prove me wrong ever got more than ten replies, and the one that did was mostly people saying "eh, it's alright".

And why did you do this? So you can insist that your fake outrage is legitimate. It's funny, man.

Then by their standards they ARE remaking a bad movie, what more could you ask?

Jacob's ladder was the only movie that I'd seen that ever went into the topic of chemical weapon deliriants.
I don't see how a drug that has intense, dysphoric and realistic hallucinations the user can't distinguish from reality isn't more interesting to film makers.

>page 27
Those threads are from page two here. The threads on the first page don't meet your "made after the remake was announced" criteria.

I was looking at the mentions given the film overall - remember I mentioned all the namechecks of it that went nowhere?

Remember when you said no one in the history of Sup Forums has ever made a thread about the movie?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

HAHHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA

>existential movie remade with niggers

is Sony making this shit?

Nobody has to even like a movie to be able to be outraged by the useless blackwashing of its "reboot". Being fine with this kind of behavior is just encouraging the film industry to keep doing it which could eventually result in a film you do like having an embarrassing 201X black reboot. They're literally making a whole race a trend by doing shit like this. You still haven't said what there is to even talk about Jacob's Ladder either. It's a pretty straight forward film.

The point is, if you found a total of three threads, only one of which got more than ten replies, and in that thread, most people are either more interested in Silent Hill, possibly watched it because of the Silent Hill connection, or are overall mixed about its merits... it isn't a film that "everyone who cares about film", as one post claimed, has seen or valued.

So yes, this is going to be Sup Forums running around like headless chickens for months because niggers got cast in a remake of a movie they don't give a shit about anyway.

>Jacob's Ladder
>remake

what? I strongly doubt the people that go to the movies nowadays have even seen the original

why not just make a brand new franchise or is the ultimate goal to just piss everyone off

Which, as I said, I said to see how desperate people would be to contradict me, and what they'd find. They found two threads that died, and one 40-post thread of ambivalence. Ever. You haven't proven me wrong, just saved me legwork. Thanks.

>a total of
Those were just samples. If I had posted more, you would have said "look at this autist who put together all these threads"

There's five pages of these, and they're almost all either "talk about Jacob's Ladder" or "recommend me a movie like Jacob's Ladder"

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/jacob's ladder/type/op/page/2/

See . And the last sentence of .

*Curb Your Enthusiasm theme starts playing*

>it's set during the Iraq War because that's the new nostalgia now
>instead of the government testing combat drugs it's some corporation testing pharmaceuticals on soldiers
>'Angels' have Islamic twist to them, because Middle East theme
>There are now also explicit demons, which look like Christian Angels until the end when they become like the Thing

And remove the ' from Jacob's Ladder and you've got a bunch of more recent threads, too. And reply to my own points instead of acting like they don't exist. Your reddit is showing, user.

I'm not autistic enough to go through why each of those results isn't what you just described.

>Being fine with this kind of behavior is just encouraging the film industry to keep doing it which could eventually result in a film you do like having an embarrassing 201X black reboot.

Your anger isn't going to change shit, just waste hours of your time.
>a film you do like
Interesting that you assume I don't like Jacob's Ladder. Pointing out that nobody gave much of a shit about it until now isn't a statement that I don't like it. Most movies I like, most of you give even less of a shit about. They are unlikely to ever remake them because they never owned the IP in the first place. I like two that got pointless remakes, The Ladykillers and Bad Lieutenant. Neither of those remakes happening made me feel angry - I just laughed contemptuously then got on with my life. I think you should ask yourself what you're really angry about. Spoiler alert: it's niggers.

>there's zero examples
>here's three examples
>haha you could only give me three examples?
>here's 129 examples
>fuck off those don't count
Fuck's sake man, stop digging

>>it's set during the Iraq War because that's the new nostalgia now

Sure, people were "nostalgic" for the Vietnam war.

holy fuck kill yourself autist

They aren't what you described them as in your summary of them, as you know.

The issue is your anger.

The autists are the people getting angry that niggers exist and are targeted as a demographic - the people who have panic attacks about reality.

you are such a fucking loser holy shit lol

>the issue is your anger, not my constant false claims

Two of these are about the announcement of the remake. Did you just assume I wouldn't look?

That's why you have to go to page two, to find the ones that predate 2016. There's five more pages after that.

>Your anger isn't going to change shit, just waste hours of your time.
Me not spending my money to watch this garbage sure is though. I'm practically trying to help them by making sure they don't waste their millions in making a pile of shit.
>Interesting that you assume I don't like Jacob's Ladder
I didn't even say that lmao. Please just save yourself further humiliation and close the thread. You've embarrassed yourself enough for today.

STEP BY STEP

The only results you're offering apart from those first three are post-announcement, list posts, and one other example of someone trying to start a thread that dies after four posts. I consciously made a sweeping statement so that an autist obsessed with validating his own obsession with niggers would do the research, and you did it. Now you've done it, you don't need to keep begging for my attention.

None of which are actually about the film - they're all list posts.

This is getting sad now

Right now, you're not not-buying a ticket, you're whining about the fact that the movie's getting made. It's futile.

Yes, you said exactly that:
>could eventually result in a film you do like having an embarrassing 201X black reboot
>a film you do like

Why would I feel embarrassed? You're the ones crying and angry because you're scared of niggers.

>people show interest/enjoyment in the movie
>b-but they're not ACTUALLY discussing it
>nobody on Sup Forums has even seen Jacob's Ladder until now!!!
YAh YAh we got london on the track

>please love me

No, I'm not the person who'll take you out of your loneliness, autist.

Everyone can read what I wrote. Why would you (You) my posts if you're trying to misrepresent them? Don't you know how not to be self-defeating?

It was a hypothetical. Sorry the first sentence didn't give that away to you.
>Why would I feel embarrassed?
The same way fans of The Thing are embarrassed by the shitty 2011 The Thing. Please just stop posting. You've got not a single point and now it's just damage control.

Here, at last, is the only other thread about the original movie not to be stillborn on here. It actually makes the other one, which was mostly expressions of indifference, seem positive.

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/52006127/#52006127

>It was a hypothetical.
No, it had an embedded assumption that I don't like Jacob's Ladder because I'm not having a panic attack about the nigger action movie version.

I love The Thing. I don't feel embarrased by the 2011 Thing. Why would I?

I can't believe people actually (You) farm with shitty reddit bait.

Oh, and
>damage control
- the only people that people like you ever "damage" is yourselves.

Why is making the remake for a different demographic rather than riding the original's coattails a bad thing, exactly?

That's like paying someone to chew food for you.

2 white guys and a hot black chick. Seems good.

How is it like that?

I would bet quite a few shekels that those black guys have a European paternal haplogroup.

Because you don't get to explore something unique and out of your boundaries.

Changing the plot is kinda whack as I'd love to see a black cast/director tackle psychological horror that doesn't involve domestic disputes and schmaltzy dinner scenes where everyone hashes out their problems interspersed with comedy bits. "Action thriller" is definitely not how I'd describe Jacob's Ladder.

But I do love Michael Ealy and will watch just about any garbage with him in it.

But it's not as if the people they're marketing this to would ever have done that.

Action thrillers don't usually have domestic disputes and schmaltzy dinner scenes either, though.

Yep

>tyrone's project housing

>Everyone can read what I wrote

>In the history of Sup Forums, you'll find not one thread dedicated to it

A Clockwork Orange remake when?
>Jamal and his homies sitting in da hood.
>Listening to "fuck the police", because it eases up Jamal while beating up some white cops.
>Break-in at the White House, to rape and kill Mrs. Trump and beat Trump in the hospital.
>Jamal gets brainwashed by them evil white folks, by watching nigger violence, while getting disgusted by the song "fuck the police".
>Gets beaten up by his former homies who are now good corrupt cops.

Would be a great movie.

OH BOY ANOTHER REBOOT REDDIT!!!!!

That's my point. I'd like to see them attempt something different - like an action thriller or a psychological horror film - without remaking a classic film that fits one of those molds and turning it into the other.

I don't want to see it as an action thriller because that's not what Jacob's Ladder could even be slightly described as. But I DO want to see more action thrillers and genuine horror films from black casts/crew. They need to branch out of their niche.

That's why Get Out felt so refreshing. It was a race-centric horror film that didn't rely on domestic disputes or cheating spouses or lovers turned creepy stalkers. It was a black writer/director embracing a genre and making a solid effort of it.

The future is black, get over it losers