youtube.com/watch?v=8Mi3KNEpbA4
youtube.com/watch?v=mwNW8lqe1tk
youtube.com/watch?v=xPCMKID6NKA
youtube.com/watch?v=FehfuJIabqM
youtube.com/watch?v=-dXppTU51yQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wish I had more Swamp Thing pictures

s

Why do his comics receive endless praise? Is it that good?

I just started an issue and then stopped because it's late and i don't wanna get freaked out before sleeping.

What I'm saying is that it's an amazing horror comic. Which I don't think comes up often when people discuss Moore's run.

Because it's genuinely enjoyable and it's really cool to see a giant living plant doing things, like bodysnatching Constantine to get his lover pregnant.

Not the best run.

Wait, what.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Swamp-Thing-1982/Issue-78?id=3546#1
You're in for a ride, sonny.

based swampy

It was nice to see that referenced in the most recent Hellblazer.

Any thoughts about how the whole 'hunt for Abby' story might go? I'm hoping it might lead to a separate Swamp Thing series.

A'ight. So who here would eat Alec's fruit?

Yes. Go read it.

Yeah I'm really excited. I'm hoping that they do a Rebirth for him, because oh man, we need a good Swamp Thing run. I miss the big green bastard.

>big green bastard
Conjob please, you just want him for another zany scheme.

Please, it's for the best. I win, he wins, everyone wins! Especially me.

Because unique and not capeshit

I really hope he shows up in
Picture related

What exactly is going on there?

Oh God. I remember this issue. This is when he gave birth to himself? A little baby Swampy came out, right?

Swamp Thing comics are kind of like Hellboy. Usually at least decent although the newest Swamp Thing mini I thought was shit.

>Swamp Thing/Toxic Avenger will never be a thing

Ennis is doing a hard traveling heroes comic, as green arrow & green lantern found America & swampthing & Constantine found gothic American. Constantine is helping six pack and dog welder find... Mummies maybe?

I'm pretty sure he already did, they just didn't show his face.

Well okay then.

Swamp thing?

Oh, I thought we were talking about Constantine.

>Not Man-Thing

coochie coochie coo

Too bad Marvel depicts him mostly as not a villain. But just straight up a menace like Fin Fang Foom.

I love both of them. Gerbers Man-Thing is ace and directly influenced Moore. Hell you can even see him in the parliament of trees

Im hype there presumably going to go to difrent magical realms which are always my favourite hellblazer storys.

I hope they search fairyland

I'll leave this here.

youtube.com/watch?v=1lU8vSa5se0

where would I be able to get prints of the swamp thing painting-things from moore's run?

Hmmmm I just might check it out then. When I finish punisher max I'll go for it.

Top class character and stories

The previous run with all the other parliaments is one of my favourites, it was a fun exploration in alternative shit Alec could pull off.

How did Frank get so fat?

You know it's your typical 90's cartoon intro when you got clips of the actual show in it. But the lyrics are so horrible tho.
>Swamp Thing
>YOU ARE AMAZING

Constantine is so disappointed.

I remember that. I thought it was a nice homage of Moore to Gerber.

Anyways, here is my favorite moment from Soule's run. It was also one of the few times where a writer used Scarecrow in a great way.

Both are good. But Swampy has like 5 times the material.
Ironically their names are more suitable for each other.

Several times, in fact.

A printers'.

I recommend starting with the Moore run. DC released a series of 6 TPBs a few years back so it's easy enough to find from start-to-end.
Pre-Moore Swamp Thing's a very different animal and lacks a lot of the elements that make post-Moore Swamp Thing so enthralling. I'd only really advise it if you're a completionist or want to experience the contrast first-hand.
Pity they didn't mix in the Millar parliaments too imo.
Maybe a future writer.

Question.
Is the Elemental War thing DC did in the 80s/90s worth reading? I think it was in Ostrander's Firestorm, and featured Red Tornado as the Wind representative. Captain Atom might've been involved too.

What's worse is that it's not even an original song, and it's probably the lamest version ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hce74cEAAaE

youtube.com/watch?v=8Mi3KNEpbA4

youtube.com/watch?v=mwNW8lqe1tk

youtube.com/watch?v=xPCMKID6NKA

youtube.com/watch?v=FehfuJIabqM

I just hope if there would ever be something with Swamp Thing in other media, I wanted something more Southern or Bayou. But that chance is slim. Here hoping Swampy won't be CGI like Groot in the Justice League Dark movie. I think he'll be CGI because of his powers and all.

Look up swamp thing animation test

Now that you mentioned, I remember the sequel for that movie directed by Craven used "Born on the Bayou" in their opening.

youtube.com/watch?v=-dXppTU51yQ

Makes me want that there should be a Swamp Thing movie with the soundtrack filled of Credence songs.

I'd love to get Del Toro on Swamp Thing. His love of practical effects would be killer for it