Tfw we'll never get an adaptation of Robert's Rebellion

>Tfw we'll never get an adaptation of Robert's Rebellion.

Other urls found in this thread:

grrm.livejournal.com/536859.html
awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Further_East
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wanting more got shit
Back to plebbit you go

But we are getting one user

We're not.

this kind of thinking gave us the star wars prequels
thanks user

they'd ruin it if they made a TV show or film, I just want a book because robert was the GOAT character in ASOIAF

It's already in pre production user

>tfw Howland Reed didn't look like a tribal badass in the flashback
>didn't even use a trident

I'm still mad

grrm.livejournal.com/536859.html

>I can't tell you what the shows will be about (well, I could, but I won't), but I will tell you a couple of things they WON'T be. Which will disappoint some of you, sure, but better to do that now than later, I think.

>We're not doing Robert's Rebellion either. I know thousands of you want that, I know there's a petition... but by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE, you will know every important thing that happened in Robert's Rebellion. There would be no surprises or revelations left in such a show, just the acting out of conflicts whose resolutions you already know. That's not a story I want to tell just now; it would feel too much like a twice-told tale.

>Everything I don't like is reddit.
Neo-Sup Forums in a nutshell. Christ I hate this place.

>obvious ripoff of Zelda

If I wasn't based phoneposter, I would use this opportunity to post that image of a Reddit post chain of them agreeing that they come to Sup Forums to talk exclusively about GOT

Why aren't more for you niggas asking for a show set East of Essos. That's where all the great untapped shit is. Crazy shit like Stygai and Carcossa. Winged Men and Shrykes. You could make an entire show in that region and it'd be fantastic.

Nah, it wouldn't be. It's also too expensive. It would be like Xena without the irony.

The fantasy catch 22. The more you reveal/focus on the weird peripheral shit, the less weird/interesting it becomes.

you have to go back

>Tfw i'm waiting for this so the showplebs and danyfags will finally get to know about Stannis' heroics during Robert's Rebellion.

Not really. It'd be exactly like GoT budget-wise except shot in more desert locations and maybe more make-up. Probably less expensive because shooting wouldn't have to be split between 5 different places in different parts of the world.
I'm sure it'd still get into character drama and whatnot like the show

Let's not pretend like you autistic fucks aren't the most reddit board on this site. Ever since the whole Bane posting this board has pretty much become r/tv. There isn't a shit meme you niggers don't try to push so please stop accusing me of coming from reddit when it's more then likely that you yourselves are redditers. The only fags who accuse others of coming from reddit are redditers themselves. Unironically neck yourselves. Faggots like you have ruined this board.

t. reddit

t. buttblasted redditor

This is all true

WELL GODDAMMIT

>t. Actual redditers

Stupidest looking weapon I have ever seen

>phoneposter

A Greyjoy Rebellion miniseries would be pretty good too.

Imagine how they'd butcher it. You'd have young versions of popular characters at every conceivable opportunity even where it doesn't fit or make sense.

Little kid Tyrion would be embroiled in plots that somehow decide the shape of the kingdom. Young Ned runs into kid Brienne and tells her to always follow her dreams.

Say that to my fucking face and not online and see what happens

The retarius used the net and trident because it was an entertaining and exotic combination, not because it ever had any sort of battlefield application. In normal combat, it was entirely useless.

Say that to my fucking face and not online and see what happens

Careful what you wish for

I think the actors playing young Ned and young Howland were switched at the last second.

>Watching Greyjoys get curbstomped in the most one-sided war in westerosi history that they started because they're retarded beyond belief
No fun.

I like tridents, i meant the drawing was fucking retarded, also forks are superior

>but by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE
Who does this fat fuck think he's fooling, he's never finishing the series ever

Am i the only one reading this as grrm not writing a roberts rebellion prequel and nothing to do with hbo

Hbo has ordered 4 spin offs. No way the rebellion isn't one of them

So we can say with 99% certainty that Robert's Rebellion is one of those spin-offs.
What are the other 3 going to be, Sup Forums?

One of them is probably going to be based on the adventures of Ser Duncan the Tall and a young Aegon.

That Targaryen armor looks dope.

I want there to be spin-off about the Valyrian-Ghiscari Wars, since they are the ASOIAF equivalent of the Punic Wars between Rome and Carthage.
Two mighty and ancient civilizations duking it out like it's no one's business.

I would have doubted the feasibility of the event ever appearing on live television, but considering the production values they can now achieve in S7, I'd say that it's now possible to show what a Valyryian-Ghiscari war would look like.

>tfw D&D have him burning his soldiers during the Siege of Storm's End

Sup Forums and Sup Forums are the closest to Reddit content
based redditguy

He literally says in there that it's specifically not going to be Dunc and Egg. And it's clearly about the show spin-offs.

>Tfw we'll never get an adaptation of Robert's Rebellion.

We very well might. There are 5 prequels in productions (script phase) and HBO will chose the best one to make another GoT show when this one ends. Since they're all prequels we might actually get the Rebellion.

One has to be something about East of Essos or at least that part of the world considering he says:

>Every one of the four has visited me here in Santa Fe, some of them more than once, and we've spent days together discussing their ideas, the history of Westeros and the world beyond, and sundry details found only in The World of Ice & Fire and The Lands of Ice & Fire...
>sundry details found only in The World of Ice & Fire and The Lands of Ice & Fire...

The places brought up only in those books that weren't ever brought up before were specifically the lands to the Further East like the Shadow Lands, The Land of the Shrykes, etc.

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Further_East

Fat Fuck himself said that the maps are from a citadel maester's point of view. There are no winged men, there are probably just a bunch of faggy polish hussars wannabes.

I just wish we got more Bran flashbacks. They could have shown Robert's Rebellion then.

can you imagine running across this guy on the battlefield

God can you fucking imagine Robert's Rebellion being adapted by the current lazy normalfag pandering DABID crew?

>6’4'' of retard strength but also great fighting skill
God no

Robert Baratheon was LITERALLY a fat cuck.

I had hopes that the beginning of the Sixth season would have been a 2hr special with the entire story of Lyanna and Rhaegar, ending with his death and her giving birth to Jon, then switching to show's days and seeing Jon's resurrection.
Instead we had Dorne drama.

Imagine rhaegar brought his boys

FUCK THE REBELLION

Rhaegar would have been the best king the realm has ever seen

just wanted to post a cool pic

More often than not crazy shit that people in universe brush off as being myths and legends end up being real i.e. White Walkers, Dragons, demons, people resurrecting, etc. All that weird shit in the maps and the book more than likely are legit.

Leaks confirm the spinoff will be entirely set on the Lonely Light.

>heroics
>helping to usurp the true king

Yeah, user because crazy fantastical shit like ice zombies and face changing assassins never ends up being real in ASoIaF, Dumbshit.

>crazy targshit who obsessed about dragons and prophecy
He undid himself. And if not for the rebellion, he would have gone out like Aegon V or Aerion.

Imaging a spinoff following Bittersteel on his escapades in the east and the founding of the Golden Company. Maybe we'd even get a Blackfyre rebellion or two.

Now imagine how his helm would look in the show

God...Raeghar pissed his pants when he saw Robert Running in Beserker Mode in the battlefield, this faggot should be playing Harpy than cucking random Ladies in the Realm.

>tfw

dance of dragons would be 10x better than roberts rebellion.

RANDOM BARATHEON SOLDIER HELP MEEEE

There are several GoT spin-offs in pre-production. We will.

And it will be (((shit)))

It would, but I think it would be impossible to do it justice on television. It would involve way too many cgi dragons and big battles, either the budget would be fucked or they would have to dull it down.

It would be better if Martin wrote it himself as a novella. ASOIAF does not work on television.

we are, it'll be in theaters christmas 2018

ASOIAF works great on TV.
Season 1 (the only one entirely based on the books) was awesome.

The problem is that Martin is a lazy fat fuck.
His first book came out in 1996.
He should've finished by now.
He should have been done entirely before the series was greenlighted.

>by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE
>fucking implying

Retarii usually lost their bouts.

>be Rhaegar
>Have your boy Arthur Dayne at your side
>See Robert the Retard charging at you
>Command Arthur to kill Robert
>go home and depose your dad
>pump another baby into your wife so that she dies in childbirth
>raise your two/three children and bastard by lyanna, and lyanna is dead too
>marry cersei
>bang your sister when she becomes of age and is a 10/10
sounds like fun to me desu

That's why you carry a crossbow and not a sword if you're smart.

You mean he wasn't just calling him a retard in a funny historic way?

I don't know shit about got, but right dude's armor looks cool as shit

The only thing that matters is that DnD aren't doing the new one

He's fuckin dead buddy

>I can't tell you what the shows will be about (well, I could, but I won't), but I will tell you a couple of things they WON'T be about
are you retarded?

That's Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, blood of the dragon. He's kind of a badass ;)

Lyanna thread?

>but by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE

It looks better

What a stupid fucking helmet. It'd be a total liability during combat. It could easily catch on something or someone can just grab it and yank you to the fucking ground.

An anthology series about the Targaryen dynasty with Aegon in season one and two all the way down to Jamie stabbing Aerys in the back in the final episode

>but by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE,
See you guys in 2030.

>no horses

Into the trash it goes.

>What is fantasy.
People who expect historical accuracy from shit like this have got to be the most autistic cunts in existence. Holy shit.

It's less about historical accuracy and more about practicality.

t. Fat neet who thinks he's an expert on medieval combat despite never being in a fight in his life

>And, yes, I know you all want to know about THE WINDS OF WINTER too. I've seen some truly weird reports about WOW on the internet of late, by 'journalists' who make their stories up out of whole cloth. I don't know which story is more absurd, the one that says the book is finished and I've been sitting on it for some nefarious reason, or the one that says I have no pages. Both 'reports' are equally false and equally moronic. I am still working on it, I am still months away (how many? good question), I still have good days and bad days, and that's all I care to say. Whether WINDS or the first volume of FIRE AND BLOOD will be the first to hit the bookstores is hard to say at this juncture, but I do think you will have a Westeros book from me in 2018... and who knows, maybe two. A boy can dream
Tgis is turning into a twisted joke. He's implying TWOW might not even release 2018.

Tournament outfits weren't worn in battle.

Only because of their expense. Knights wanted to win tournaments, there was a lot of money involved. If decoration was an instant-loss, tournament armour wouldn't have been decorated.

>but by the time I finish writing A SONG OF ICE & FIRE

>you will have a Westeros book from me in 2018
might not even be twow

That's the hilarious part. What's even sadder is that he thinks anyone gives a shit about his retarded Silmarillion that nobody asked for.

But, he was right. Everything he obsessed over came true and he was right!

The costs of ineffective armor are less in tournament (duels aren't to the death) and the benefits of standing out are much greater (tournament is a social occasion where lowly knights can raise their status by getting noticed).

The calculus is very different from real fighting.