ITT: Creator's Pets

What are some characters that get shoved into everything and treated like super powerful Mary Sues that you absolutely cannot stand?

Examples: Captain Cold, Kitty Pryde, Miles Morales

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3h04pvbMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forgetting Harley Quinn?

>Examples: Captain Cold, Kitty Pryde, Miles Morales
And who do you want me to post now?
Anyway, Val-Zod. Fuck him and whoever wanted to write him. Everyone fangirling over him and acting like he's Superman reborn was jarring.

The biggest Gary Stu of DCU.

Do self-inserts count? Anachronism: Ultimate Hopeless.

Good point. Neo-Harley is cancer.

Barry should have stayed in his post-Crisis state.

>Everyone fangirling over him and acting like he's Superman reborn was jarring.

To be fair, in the context of the story he pretty much was. Their Superman got blown the fuck up and suddenly this new guy shows up with all his powers, of course they are gonna fangirl him.

This guy. This fucking guy.
Yeah, but you get why I didn't like it. All of sudden they're headless chicken and he's biggest paragon of morality. I bet he smells like apple pie, too.

He smells like Peej's pussy

lemme check something.

Yep. Still furious.

Wish I could say he was the only one who was wanked hard in AA.
Remember Apex and her superior intellect, beauty and everything? At least she's six feet under and nobody can use her.
>inb4 Doc-Samson-I-got-better.jpeg

Almost every inventor/tech character.

>my nameless goo can hold any hero down
>I out flanked you with my metal suit of a metal I just invented but is stronger than a planet buster
>stun guns work on everybody

Doctor Doom.

Batman. Totally a God Sue.
I really want someone kick his ass.

Cyborg

No one disliked cyborg till Johns made him a founder of the JL. Fuck that shit

Your post is a little unclear. Are you asking about "creator's pets" that specific creators shoehorn into everything and worship, or are you asking about general "characters that get shoved into everything and treated like super powerful Mary Sues"?

With Garth Ennis, you have it from both sides:

1. The Punisher is clearly his pet, and when he writes that character Frank is an invincible, unstoppable machine that can take down anything.

2. Every other superhero (except Superman) is his "anti-pet". He delights in portraying everyone else in demeaning in humiliating ways.

God Emperor Doom should always be praised.

God I hate that shit. Ennis is fucking horrible.

It can work when it's contained. Punisher MAX was great because it was set in a world with no other supers, so Frank could just be Frank.

I don't really care for Ennis and I've never liked Punisher, but I think it really says a lot about him as a person that he idolizes Punisher of all people.

Butcher is worst

I don't think he idolizes Frank since he goes out of his way to show how fucked up Frank is as a person. The only way we can root for him is if it's a joke (Marvel Knights) or he's against people so evil no one could defend them (Punisher MAX).

He definitely does use Frank as a mouthpeice though

Cold in the comics doesn't bother me, I'm more bothered by his fans who act like he was invented in the 2000s and that any deviation from their ideas of how the character should be is a treasonous offence.

For J. M. DeMatteis

Cammi was a pretty big pet too.

>since he goes out of his way to show how fucked up Frank is as a person.

See, I don't know about that. There's a certain type of guy that fancies themselves as being fucked up and damaged since it makes you "deep." Same reason Hulk x Black Widow got embraced by some people ("Dude, he's got issues just like ME.")

That annoys me too. I like what Johns did with Cold, but some of the classic Silver Age and Bronze Age stories are fun too.

Cold was really only overexposed and shoved everywhere in 2014. Not so much in 2015 and 2016. I just want him to stick to Flash. I miss him there.

Pak self-inserted hard.
I honestly don't remember what she was doing. I only can remember her being off-screen in Avengers Undercover and hanging out with Arcade.

Both of them. Starlin's stories are still enjoyable. Haven't checked the latest Infinity X books though.

I actually like Reader and his chapter was probably the best so far, but you can't deny the favoritism he has been getting.

Yeah, he's the first I'm gonna kill off when I write for Marvel.

Flashfags are the most annoying fanbase in comics

t. Batfag

That's another annoying trait of Flashfags. They're pandered to more than anyone than Batfags, and they're incredibly bitter about it.

They're the first to call anybody that dislikes them a Batfag, or cry foul when they see too much Batman representation, but they're always pushing for Flash to get the same treatment.

>muh Flashfam
>muh Rouges
>muh Attosecond

You don't see Aquaman fans or Green Lantern fans acting like this. Just Flashfags.

>Captain Cold
>Barry Allen

Okay. So, I guess, straight out the door we're using the definition of Mary Sue that means "character I don't like."

t. Batfag

So who's ready for fan favorite Harper Row! She's so much better than any of those Robin losers ;^)

Duh. Mary Sue and meme.
I love how fast she raises blood pressure.

Barry "creator of the Speed Force" Allen is most definitely a Mary Sue.

Captain Cold has been wanked harder than any character that isn't named "Joker" for years, especially relative to his actual C-List status.

>"nothin personal kid" attitude
>everybody loves him even though he's a murderous dickhead
>no consequences for his actions,
>regularly best buddies with Flash even though he kills people
>Major character in the Justice League comics for some dumbass reason
>Reforms, but still evil because why not
>Gets superpowers and made handsome because he's being shilled
>has a "sense of honor" which appeals to Narutards. Basically works as a get out of conflict free card
>"muh parents were mean to me" backstory that is a dime a dozen in villains

And don't fucking say "he only kills people who deserve it." Nobody in the League would fucking stand up for Batman if he killed Joker, so Flash letting Cold off is moronic.

He's basically Captain Coldsteel the Hedgehog.

Why do I have feeling this pasta originated in Injustice thread?

>"nothin personal kid" attitude

literally the opposite of Cold

>you don't see Aquaman fans or Green Lantern fans acting like this.
>Manta is truest hate
>Sinestro is the real hero
You're right, they're worse.

I'll still never understand how Johns figured he could turn Sinestro into an anti-hero.

Captain Cold didn't "graduate top of his class at Sonic Academy." Captain Cold is an ugly high school dropout who needs to hire prostitutes, and who lives hand to mouth along with the other Rogues. Barry Allen is chronically late and spent most of his life as a friendless nerd.

And there are plenty of consequences for Cold's actions. He doesn't even want to be a criminal but lacks the self-control to stay out. Everything else on that list, like bringing up the fact that he has a dysfunctional backstory like almost every fictional character, convinces me that you don't know what a Mary Sue is.

by the time anyone realized what he was doing it was too late to stop him

loved it though

>captain cold
>ugly worthless neet who just happens to be a genius but doesn't use it
>suddenly steals a Plot Device Weapon
>through training 10000000000000 times and breaking all the rules, becomes a super powerful super villain that everyone is afraid of

So basically he's like a character from one of those shitty nip web novels, only instead of being reincarnated in a video game world he becomes a supervillain.

Brilliant.

>becomes a super powerful super villain that everyone is afraid of

Literally no one is afraid of him. The Flashes respect him and don't underestimate but no one goes "Oh shit, it's Leonard Snart! We need to get the fuck out of here!"

>Literally no one is afraid of him. The Flashes respect him and don't underestimate but no one goes "Oh shit, it's Leonard Snart! We need to get the fuck out of here!"

It0s more like "look it's Mr Freeze, but why is he wearing a parka?"

I've seen you're "nuthin personal kid" shit posting elsewhere, which is hilariously wrong because he has a strict code that has him only killing people in the most personal of circumstances. That's only going over the first point, I'm sure others want to mock other points you made in green text. Because I'm lazy

Seriously though, I've seen the same shit posting from you. Why do you hate CC so much? I'm sure he didn't piss in your Cheerios

>UMMMMMM EXCUTHE ME.
>CAPTAIN COLD, THE MATHTER OF ABTHOLUTE ZERO IN THE DEE SCHEE UNIVERTHE, HATH A STRICT CODE OF CONDUCT?!?!??!!?
>HE WOUOD NEVER KILL THOMEBODY UNLETH THEY REALLY MADE HIM MAD!!!!!! >:(

fucking pathetic

It's just baffling to me since before I picked up Johns' run I had gone through early 70's-80's shit and Sinestro was a monster. Like, he blew up Kilowogs new planet and killed billions of Bolovaxians making Kilowog the true last of his kind. He still was a monster even in Sinestro Corps War, but then somewhere between that and Blackest Night he became more heroic and him and Hal became 'buds' again.

I know that you're the Captain Reddit guy, and I just want to say that I hope you sprain your ankle.

It's like I'm really on Sup Forums!

Why is it just these two-three people always complaining about Captain Cold, jesus. You're just spamming up the boarfd and ruining threads

I think they think he's more popular than he is or something. I don't know. It is pretty weird.

Garth killed Frank in his series though

Nice pasta.

Because it is.

>2 tv shows
>video games
>a movie
>in the Justice League

He's Geoff's husbando so he gets forced into fucking everything. This is nearly Harley levels of overexposure.

He's one of the Flash's main villains and he's in the Flash TV show and the Flash Movie. Big fucking whoop? And he's not even in the Justice League movie or in the actual group.

Sometimes autistic people get overly attached to strange things; like neon horses, trains, purple dinosaurs or Captain Cold

>Flash villain showing up in things with the Flash or other DC spinoffs after being established

I see no problem with this. And he wasn't in the JL.

One is a television show about the Flash. You know, which Captain Cold originates from. The other focuses on a team of C-listers who were chosen because they leave no impact on the timeline. He's been in Lego games but so have many characters. Injustice is the first major game Cold is going to be a part of. He's probably going to be in a movie focusing on the FLASH. Same argument applies for the Flash show. There is no reason to be upset that Captain Cold is going to be in a Flash movie. He was never in the Justice League. Lex was. He only tagged along whenever Lex was there since Luthor hired him as his bodyguard and head of security after Forever Evil.

They love the attention. They are like the Eobard Thawnes of Captain Cold. They have these Huge hate-boners like Thawne has for Barry. Just look at this guy sperg out.:

Spiderman written by Bendis.

cringe

>They are like the Eobard Thawnes of Captain Cold.

well put

So you're mad if Captain Cold does kill in a "nothing personal" way, but also if he doesn't kill in a "nothing personal" way? Just can't please some people.

god forbid somebody not like captain felicity.

No, it's a secret conspiracy of batman fans jealous of Flash's great success

apparently Captain Cold is in the new Flash movie and has power armor.

I'm not saying people can't like Captain Cold, but some people, yourself included, go about it in the most obnoxious and cringe-inducing ways.

You faggots are idiots for replying to an obvious bait thread created by injusticefaggot. Ever since Injustice 2 it's the same autism over and over whenever the character is brought up.

>giving it a name
>acknowledging its existence
I don't know this, lad, but I can tell you are doing everything in your power to feed the troll, and doing it like a dumbass in that.

You just triggered Snart.

Didn't people really start to hate Felicity after that Olicity bullshit? I know she had her detractors before, but everyone (except for Oliciters) hated her. Who has Snart been shipped with to warrant the title "Captain Felicity?"

He's just calling it what it is. Soe people might not go on injustice threads and therefore don't realize how ongoing this cringy shit has been.

The only cringe here is the butthurt you carry over to other threads and your inability to ignore a simple shitposter.

He says there is more than one of them.

Flash: Rebirth was the biggest mary sue character wank in recent memory. It undermined and shat on the entire franchise just to make people think Barry Allen was ALWAYS the coolest and best.

His personal flaw was he wants to help people TOO much.

>call out a shitposter for shitposting
>"""""butthurt""""
nah m8. Fuck off.

Cold came first. Freeze is a rip off of him because he was a very popular silver age villain and Batman is all about appropriating other peoples' shit.

That was a good Vince Vaughn movie

Did I touch a nerve?

Have fun with your witch hunting and being triggered by a dumb autist.

>Freeze is a rip off of him

>Blue Snowman - Sensation Comics #59. (1946)
>Icicle - All-American Comics #90 (October, 1947)
>Minister Blizzard - Wonder Woman #29 (May, 1948)
>Ice King - Marvel Family #82 (April, 1953)
>Captain Cold - Showcase #8 (June, 1957)
>Mister Freeze - Blackhawk #117 (October, 1957)
>Snowman - Blackhawk #134 (March, 1959)
>Mister Zero (Mister Freeze) - Batman #121 (February, 1959)
>Mister Freeze - Detective Comics #373(March 1968)
>Killer Frost (Crystal Frost) - Firestorm #3 (June, 1978)
>Snowman (Klaus Kristin) - Batman #337 (July, 1981)
>Cryonic Man - Batman and the Outsiders #6 (January, 1984)
>Killer Frost (Louise Lincoln) - Firestorm Vol 2 #21 (March, 1984)
>Icicle Jr. - Infinity Inc. #34 (January, 1987)
>Polar Lord - Justice League Adventures #12 (December, 2002)
Cold is a cut-rate Icicle.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ri3h04pvbMY

Wow that was insanely unfunny

I know.

Yeah man you sure got me.

At least the Frank wankery gave us Wolverine humiliation

Yea DC has a lot of Ice powered villains, and an entire civilization of ice powered people in Norway. Snart is the tryhard with the same gimmick but there is nothing interesting about him.

Fuck off Joss. It's okay to say you haven't actually read the comics. Don't try to pretend you're more informed than you are.

That's the way Snart likes it. People underestimating him. He's a simple guy and there is nothing wrong with that.

Well the Captain Cold hate became unintelligible around the Injustice threads, so you are probably not far off.

>Mr. Freeze: "Am I just some asshole?"

fucking lol!

> Barry Allen is chronically late and spent most of his life as a friendless nerd.

He's the "loser who gets chosen and becomes a special snowflake" to a t. He's the worst kimd of anime protagonist and he doesn't even have Parker Luck to balance it out.

People worship him. Women throw themselves at him. His death was "something no other superheroes could ever do".

He fucking created the Speed Force and he gets to decide who can be speedster and who can not.

His biggest fuck up (Flashpoint) is attributed to fucking Dr MANHATTAN just so he could still come out dindu nuffin.

No, dude. Just no.

He really loves to use Vermin, doesn't he?

>Miles
Ugh... So you are one of those racists