probably too complicated for them

try actually watching it.

Sup Forumstards

How new are you?

I started liking it as action shlock
the scene with arya+brienne were laughable
bronn is always fun

numale

Who cares? They are contrarian losers, think that makes them special. Nothing more pathetic than someone who spends time in something he dislikes.

Feminists ruined a show that was filled with men handling their business

Just the booktards hate it

I agree it's gotten too popular for its own good though, several bad scenes wouldn't have happened if it werent for the fandom

Dany got really fucking irritating. I'm going to be happy if they kill her off, if they don't then the show is fucked.

>one decent episode makes everything after s1 good

No

And why the fuck did Rickon run in a perfectly safe life just begging to get sniped by ram?? Fucking dude handing him arrows was like his personal caddy, "a little to the left m'sir"

d&d NEVER think anything through

>What the fuck? What happened?
Seasons 4 - 7 happened.

They don't know how to turn their brain off and have a good ol time.

Sub-LOTR.

It was good but it went to shit when the producers thought they could make better characters than what the books already had, a prime example is stannis

>tv show lets melisandre convince him to burn shireen and other innocents
>book stannis puts her in her place and refuses it

>stannis' army is so loyal they chant his name constantly while riding to destroy the wildlings, which in turn shits the wildlings since they've never heard warchants and such before
>tv show has none of this

>tv show has his music theme as eerie and dark which sets the tone for him to be villainous which is bullshit

>book stannis actually talks with mance rayder and learns from the king beyond the wall about the Others/white walkers
>tv show kills him off without talking to him once

They thought it through more than you did though. Things like:

>How would someone actually react in this situation?
>What would it actually be like to run away knowing someone was firing arrows at you

Emotional complexities of behavior lost on pea-brained fat fucks like you.

Nobody dislikes this show, we enjoy it for the garbage and train wreck it is

They turned daenerys into a hero and stannis into a villain. She is literally bringing dragons and savage rapists to westeros and making the poor people starve by burning their wagons but she's still portrayed as a good liberating person. There are no fucking slaves in westeros, she isn't needed.

I'm hooked on the series because of how good seasons 1-4 were and I feel I need to know how it ends even though I know it's going to be a lecture about how women are people too (no shit, don't insult me). However ever since the bad-pussy saga I can't help but notice how terrible and overly simple the dialogue is. In this series the main complaint has to be how they're making massive leaps of logic in terms of the teleportation and certain character's (not just YAAAS KWEEN but primarily her) plot-armour, especially given that we'd been lead to believe that 'anything can happen, any character can die' but now it's pretty obvious that there is no stopping her.
That said, I'm hooked and i'll have to see how it all ends.

I tried to get my friend into the show and he quit around Episode 3 or 4. He said "nothing happened, and there was no character development." I told him to at least hang in till Episode 5 (the one where Jaime confronts Ned) but he just wouldn't do it. It surprised me that someone would dislike Season 1 that much. My other friend said he thought the first episode was boring too, but he enjoyed the following episodes enough to finish the season.

>there is no stopping her
did you read the leaked plot? she gets killed by euron in s8, he steals one dragon, drogon goes berserk on his own and viserion is turned into a wight dragon

Right wing conservative snowflakes.

Babies in jars.

fake and gay apart from the wight dragon which is true

season 1 is genuinly really good tv.

>no character development
Did you tell him that happens slowly through the series? Literally every character has changed dramatically compared to how they were in s1.

>Sup Forumstard newfags project their theories on the show
>at least 3/4 years ago Sup Forums adored it because all brown people were thieves or barbarians

>moves too slow, nothing happens
Atleast show him the hardhome episode.

It's so fucking trite and boring man, occasionally if I see a bunch of references to a character I'll watch one of those half hour video compilations of that character's role time.

And the people who liked the last episode just because it lived up to their Mugabean fantasies are better?

>boring
How?

Yeah, I told him that just about all the main characters undergo serious character development throughout the series, but for some reason he expected that in the first three episodes. I think he wanted to see action and dumb relationship drama between the characters and or something and was frustrated about all the exposition.
Maybe I should have, I convinced my other friend to give the show a try by asking him to watch a few scenes. He was sold after seeing pic related

rickon killed
tommen killed
jojen killed
two innocent boys killed over dog or something in season 1
boy bastards killed and drowned
two boys killed in lieu of stark boys
lannister boys killed

this show is for pedo serial killers

Probably because you currently have at least 5 got threads up. L2containment.

It's horribly written

That's pretty much it. It looks great, sounds great, great casting, but all that doesn't mean shit when it's medieval soap-opera for dummies.

Not that complicated, actually. Author and writers are hacks dripping with plot holes.

>leaf says they created otherszombies because they were at war with men
>otherszombies first appeared after a thousand years of peace between men and elflets
>inb4 speculations maybe probably no-spoonfeeding-lame-excuse

This show is a plothole filled abomination written by two hack jews who read the red wedding and saw shekels. The criminal assassination of the book material is evident, Martin is distancing himself further from this pile of garbage.

Any semblance of political intrigue, believe character development and satisfying payoffs died at the end of season 4. The utter destruction of the parting of Jaime and Tyrion from the book scene sent a series of dominos tumbling down the fucking gutter and the show has never recovered from such idiocy in ignoring the books.

The absolute lowest of the low entertainment for the most brain dead of normalfags.

I preferred the early seasons but the action setpiece episodes are undeniably better than they have ever been now

>horribly written
Season 1 to 4 aren't.

Dude what, Dothrakis aren't black. Neither they are white but they litterally serve the whitest person in the show. Poltards really grasps at swords, got is mostly kosher except for some feminism (not even 3rd wave feminism as there's no gender shit and even those who tolerate homos call them pillowbiters) and basic liberalism

>muh wildling refugees
I'm gonna stop you right there as wildlings and northerners are the same ethnic group with the same religion

It's collapsing on its own popularity

Can't use source material anymore

Trying to please too many people

Actually too simple. It's just more rehashed garbage.

>author writers did not realize the army they wrote won was actually vastly outnumbered and did not write how vastly outnumbered army won they just won just because they wrote they won

You're literally watching feminist fan fiction at this point you stupid fucks

its the equivalent of still watching the Walking Dead

I originally was drawn into the show because of all the different characters and how it was written from each of their perspectives, there being no REAL main character and everyone seemed to be rooting for someone different for various reasons the medieval politics and scheming, and the realistic approach to the violence while the fantasy elements slowly started to creep in as the show progressed, and the fact that you never knew what was going to happen. Characters, no matter how well loved, could die at any moment, which made the action scenes and what not actually exciting and made you watch, hoping your nigga would make it out ok

Then it just started to become the female power fantasy show, where everyone who the show obviously wants to win has plot armor, their plans work because thats what the script calls for, and everyone just spouts out cringy tryhard pseudo-Machiavellian dogshit. Also, they went TOO far with the "anyone could die!" in what was obviously just thinning the herd of actors so DandD could just get to the characters they personally liked, even killing off those still alive in the books. Basically, they dumbed down the show in its few last seasons to appeal to as much normies as possible. I garuntee they saw those douche hipster faggot reaction videos to it in a bar, you know, the videos where they fucking snap when something they like happens? And they said "hurr lets give dem what day want!"

Also, Danny is the most forced badass character ever. Its like they had point A, and wanted her character to develop to point B, and just said fuck the whole middle journey part.

This. Every time a woman breathes on the show they are up in arms about it.

when I see GoT I just see characters from other high fantasy genre copy & pasted into a giant goulash, it has no intrigue or authenticity whatsoever

You are beyond delusional. Obviously some characters have to survive through to the end, you drooling idiot

>Not disliking D&D fan-fiction of Asoiaf

>accuse them of Sup Forumstarditry
>because i can't defend all those plot holes and blatantly bad writing

B..Billy?

youre literally too stupid to grasp even the basic gasalt of my point. No wonder you still enjoy this show, probably just jumping on the band wagon in the last few seasons.

>characters copy pasted
Maybe jon and daenerys seem abit too cliche (at times) and stuff like melisandre being the typical witch whispering in kings ears (they do this in witcher series alot too) but the thing about GoT is the characters AREN'T your usual heroes. For instance jaime being the prince charming prince of the land. No, he fucks his sister and has killed his previous king.

What character is theon copied from? Or tyrion? Or the hound? Or ramsay?

MUST. STOP. FLEENT.

You don't have a point, you're another alt right double digit IQ crybaby. Did you change your tune after the first two episodes wiped out most of those females in "power"? No, you probably just switched to crying about another female. You are blatantly from Sup Forums, not even smart enough to be called a person.

>bawwww i don't care if story is badly-written filled with plot holes and deus ex i just want muh waifu to survive bawwwwwww

stop drooling over underage boobs, pedo idiot

another note, as I'm the person critical of GoT and haven't really seen it what distinguishes the Dragon Queen in this show from other female authority figures in the past or in fiction, people keep saying over and over that it's become a hyper-feminist power fantasy but I haven't caught wind of any instances where the queen was castrating whole groups of knights or what have you, I mean isn't she an allusion to the Queen of Lancaster?

hmmm, I'll give it another go

>schizophrenic Sup Forums inbred gutter trash makes post so inane it doesn't even relate to the post being replied to

you go girl *snaps fingers*

>muh pol boogeyman

youre a delusional pleb, a newfag, and a complete idiot. Youre a really stupid person user. Im done responding to you because youre little bird brain gets too emotional when someone criticizes a shitty waifu bait show you like

killing off all those boys is a hyper femi pedo fantasy

There is no feminism or female power fantasies in the show. The plot is that for years, the males of great houses have been slaughtering each other, which logically results in more influential females at the tail end of the plot. The injections of politics come from left and right SJWs who deserve to be beaten within an inch of their lives, not the story itself.

She's still good and one of the main characters in the books. She's just young, inexperienced, naive to the complexities of doing the right thing, and unable to understand she can come off as a tyrant or the damage she will do to reclaim her birthright. She fully believes if she's in charge everything will be ok.

Not saying the show hasn't changed characters for the worse but Dany is pretty spot on.

>bawwwwww can't refute truth i will just spout insults bawwwwww

4 was still quite good although it was almost entirely because of Oberyn, Tywin and the Mannis.

Hmmm no sweetie, if you dislike my garbage fanfic fantasy show I landed on after twilight ended you are obviously a drumpftard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

I like the books. The show seems very underfunded with bad acting. It feels very B film. Like it should be a Scyfy show and not one of the most popular shows. It's very sad. Also I hate the fantasy theme; the whole show should have been pure politics and war without the dragons and cold zombies. It feels very displaced

FISH... ISN'T THAT THE SYMBOL OF YOUR WIFE'S HOUSE, NED? HOUSE TULLY?

scenes/link?

The main problem is Benioff and Weiss write nearly every episode now and only the battle ones aren't shit. The Cogman episode this season was far better-written than the others.

>conveniently ignores females in great houses slaughtering the males
>conveniently ignores cersei assassinated the hand before ned which precipitated all this
>conveniently ignores who had all stark people on king's landing killed
>conveniently ignores that old tyrell crone
>conveniently ignores that crazy incestous milkwoman

y'all lying, girl

The REAL crime was Sansa having rough sex off screen which caused a total outrage among fans, but there is no feminist pandering at all of SJW influence on the show guys!

they should have ended at the zombies and season 3-4, bad CGI dragons and everyone overstaying their wlecome makes shit stale

>bad CGI dragons

They literally look real, like actual creatures brought to life. If that's bad, what special effects do you consider good? Too bad your parents couldn't figure out which end of the coat hanger was up.

What GoT does so is flip your typical characters upside down. We're told about roberts rebelion, how his bethrothed, his loved one, was STOLEN from him by rhagar targaryen, son of the mad king.

No. His betrothed, lyanna stark, fell in love with rhaegar, and she never loved robert. Robert was mad with anger and killed rhaegar out of jealously. But his story and perspective is just that, his point of view. In any other fantasy, Ned would out scheme everyone and win. Or at the very least, his son who becomes king of the north would avenge him. Nope. His son gets his own pet wolfs head swen to his decapitated neck

If Sup Forums is anything it's contrarian. There are people here who can't help but just uncontrollably sperg out when something is too popular. GoT is a very good show. This is fact.

>truth

You are brain damaged. Go back to your containment board you drooling cunt incest product.

>literally look real

What the fuck are you talking about you dumb cunt. CGI dragons look on par with some Jurassic Park dinosaurs now. That's just 24 year old technology they're barely competing with. Good job.

I am talking about the CGI dinosaurs by the way not the puppets.

>The main problem is Benioff and Weiss
Can you imagine being an HBO exec and greenlighting that fucking confederacy won the civil war show they're going to do thinking D&D are actually competent and didn't just have good source material? They're going to get fired.

I still like the show and watch it because GRRM will never finish but it dropped 50% in quality as soon as they ran out of source material. Every storyline they did all the way back to season 2 that was their own has been fucking awful.

It's ascended beyond contrarianism at this point. You have hundreds of people here who are so profoundly mentally ill that they watch the show just so they can come here and have their little circle jerk crying about it. That's not even contrarianism, that's being deep, deep into a severe mental illness/personality disorder.

People realized it's racist KKK nazi trash.

unless its a female character that Dand D like because she can push "you go girl!" scenes

I officially dropped the show when arya stark gets stabbed in the fucking gut multiple times with a dagger and lives because shes a character we like.

I feel like the show has become too ingrained in popular culture that they may not want to take risks and want to please the most amount of casualfags as possible... If that's the case i'm scared of the ending being daenerys marries jon and they have tyrion as their advisor and they send off the white walkers back beyond the wall.

No, at the very least I want to see Jon kill Daenerys (the azor ahai prophecy states he killed his own wife to forge lightbringer and beat back the walkers) OR something like daenerys goes mad with targaryen power, starts burning people who disagree with her and she has to die for it.

I know we'll eventually get Jaime killing cersei but I want a similar thing now with jon and daenerys, those 2 can't rule, it's TOO ''good''

>show started off with lots of exposition, plot, intrigue, conspiracy, mystery
>now it's just 60 minute long laughable CGI battles interrupted by YAAAAAAS QUEEN SLAY

And I still watch it because I already wasted 6 years keeping up with the damn series and want closure. But GOD DAMN it's getting hard not to just turn that shit off when SLAY QUEEN kicks in for the fifteenth time in 20 minutes.

Tyrion was a total baller in the first 3 seasons and now it's like a totally different character, a fucking BORING one. If Varys or Tyrion don't backstab Dany by the end of this season I might actually commit suicide, it's repulsive how the show went from 10/10 to 0/10 like a switch being flipped.

Yeah but that really is the source material. The book was literally written that way.

The only BS one I can remember is the sandsnakr garbage and Cersei just btfo those cunts.

I read the books, I don't even think they're that amazing but when you're watching something that's just subpar fanfiction of something you've already consumed it's hard to get any enjoyment out of it.

Yeah that sucked. But that happens after the producers caught up with the books

She lives because she's alive in the points that GRRM gave them, you fucking idiot. All of the major plot points in the show are from the books, including books that haven't been completed yet.

>If that's the case i'm scared of the ending being daenerys marries jon and they have tyrion as their advisor and they send off the white walkers back beyond the wall.
I'm pretty confident we're going to get the book ending. Which will be bittersweet for sure.

>conveniently ignores cersei assassinated the hand before ned which precipitated all this

Lysa Tully assassinated the Hand by advice of Littlefinger. Being seduced by a man and tricked into killing your husband isn't much of a feminist fantasy.

>conveniently ignores who had all stark people on king's landing killed

Cersei was the Queen Regent so I don't see a problem with that.

>conveniently ignores that old tyrell crone

Just because a female character isn't helpless and useless doesn't mean the writers are pandering to ultrafeminists. She's just a female Tywin for the Tyrells.

>every storyline has been bad
I know the books are superior but they've created some good original shit as well as some shit stuff.
Hardhome was great for instance but Ros was awful.

>crying this hard about one of the main characters doing anything just because they're female
>being a bitter overweight virgin with the IQ of a rat
>somehow developed an obsession with spamming this "slay queen" obnoxious cancer

They shouldn't have filmed a scene where she gets stabbed in the gut 10 times then? Have her get an ear slashed off or something less deadly?

>But GOD DAMN it's getting hard not to just turn that shit off when SLAY QUEEN kicks in for the fifteenth time in 20 minutes.
That's where everything in the first 3 seasons always pointed to though.

>any ONE can die!

>politics and warfare are messy!

>bad things happen to good people!

>oh unless your a Strong Feminist Womyn fan-favorite then you're going to have invulnerable plot armor!

>Oh also you're going to defeat all those Silly men with your feminine wiles and superior feminist intellect

No way anyone who has read the first couple books or watched season one can honestly say this show is good without lying.

I quit halfway through the very first episode. I didn't find it boring, I just thought it sucked.
I eventually watched more of it, but it was mostly to get a friend of mine at least partially hooked so that he'd read the books.

I agree, they should have chosen a less lethal-looking wound. But that's a completely different criticism than saying she's only alive because she's a female, you alt right crying shit.