Geopolitics: Alberta Thread

Can anybody provide me with a reason this would be a bad thing for Alberta?

>Video about the economics of Canada:
youtube.com/watch?v=OnwPSPkC2j8

The map would be unaesthetic
We'd have to annex the rest of Canada, but we can leave Newfoundland (but not Labrador) as their own country or part of the UK

>Can anybody provide me with a reason this would be a bad thing for Alberta?

I can think of two reasons.

1. All of the problems that Alberta faces as part of confederation with Canada would also be faced as part of union with the United States. Washington D.C. is even more distant, both literally and figuratively, than Ottawa.

2. If only Alberta left Canada, and not British Columbia or Saskatchewan, Alberta would be disconnected—both economically and with regards to infrastructure—from its closest neighbours. Interprovincial trade and migration between Alberta & BC and Alberta & Saskatchewan is responsible for a huge percentage of Alberta's economy and population.

How bad do you think trade to Canada would get? They'd still be in NAFTA, after all.

Western Canadian separatism is the only option. Could take or leave Manitoba though.

I agree. Landlocked separatism is not an option. Are territories legally allowed to secede?

They don't have premiers to negotiate on their behalf, but I don't think it's actually illegal for them to break off. It would just be more difficult on account of their low political influence.

Is their much support for western secession?

Fair trade?

It's getting stronger by the day here in Alberta. Saskatchewan seems like they would be on board too, but B.C and Manitoba are largely run by their liberal hubs, so it would be more difficult to get them in on it even though the rural folks would all be pretty open to the idea.

No
Gib 13 colonies instead

You aren't the boss of us anymore, dad.

>giving the most American states to a different countries
Actually fuck off

That'd be like UK giving Kent to France

>annexes Detroit
>annexes Chicago
Are you sure you understand what you're getting yourself into? Horse cops wont cut it in these cities.

>That'd be like UK giving Kent to France
I'm okay with this. In fact we should give all of England to France.

>Kent

M E N T I O N E D

Fuck you i aint paying for health care

You already do though. Socialized =/= free.

In America you don't have too

Is Kent a fly-over county?

Pourquoi est-ce que les Albertains sont si attardés ?

most definitely not, after london, the south east is one of the most prosperous and relevant areas of the country

It hurts desu.

Sorry. From one autistic province to another, I'd like to wish you the best of luck in achieving independence.

Que pensent les Québécois des albertains en général? Qui déteste qui au Canada?

Thanks my man, you too.
D'expérience, je dirais que les Québécois pensent souvent que les Albertains sont des rednecks texans qui tiennent absolument à leur pétrole. Les Maritimes sont intéressantes, ils ont des francophones avec des accents comiques. Les Ontariens sont ennuyants et « typiquement » canadiens, c'est-
à-dire Américains Lite. La Colombie-Britannique est plutôt chill, populaire l'été chez les jeunes.
Aussi, on a vraiment plus tendance à se soucier de nous-mêmes, vu qu'il y a plein de stéréotypes et d'accents au sein du Québec.

You can literally keep your existing provincial health system as a state.

merci