>best movie released this summer

>worst movie grossed this summer

so audiences confirmed /stupid/ ?

ummm... no

jesus fuck off with this retarded shit

dumb series

This movie was shit if you relate to the apes... fuck you for wanting humanity to die out

James Franco one was great. Haven't seen the 2nd and I hear it's such a bore. This movie wasn't that enjoyable. The characters were so badly written

>little girl's father is killed by apes
>she doesnt care
>ape she knows for only 1 day dies
>bursts into tears
HOLY FUCK how can u defend that

You know that movies aren't in real-time, right?

>tfw I saw this with a friend
>tfw he burst into laughter during the scene when the ape hands the girl the soft toy and he also laughed when the ape put a flower in the girl's hair
Was awkward in the cinema. I started laughing too and the people up next row must have thought we were nuts

>tfw it was only 9:30 and they shut off the popcorn machines so I couldn't get any
What the fuck man

only an american would seriously go see a movie about talking monkies as an adult

whats that got to do with the bad characters? At least Woody's character had guts and they actually portrayed him as a good man doing everything he could to defend the human race.

Surprised how well written his character was.

This movie is one of the darkest I've seen this year. Not a kid's movie at all. I feel sorry for the kids under 8 who saw this with their parents cos the ending was so depressing if u related very well to the main ape.

>little girl's father is killed by apes
How do you know it was her father?
>everything he could to defend the human race.
Starting a war with other humans is hardly defending the human race

The first one was great but second one was pretty boring so I'm skipping the third. Maybe other people felt the same.

I can't understand how people find the 2nd one boring. Maybe they're just plebs or something idk

>Starting a war with other humans is hardly defending the human race
My God some of you movie goers are so fucking dumb that it hurts to read how pathetic you try to analyse the movie when you don't pay attention.

Anyone who tries to do good will always have enemies. JFK had enemies, Martin Luther King had enemies.

ANYONE in power has enemies.

He never wanted to start a war with other humans. They came to his base to attack him. He didn't go around killing humans (only the ones who started to have the virus causing them to lose speech).

When you're goal is to defend a rapidly human race then yes, he missed his mark

>Haven't seen the 2nd and I hear it's such a bore.
Your opinion doesn't mean jack then

>not A Ghost Story

Just watched it and I have very mixed feelings about it.
The visual part is beautiful and I think it's okay but

>first half is a slog
>clichés everywhere
>gorillas get beaten physically by much smaller apes and die in 2 minutes from a small knife wound
>evil humans (muh parallels)
>poor attempt at grey morality when the humans in question have been and continue to be painted in the blackest light

I remember liking the first two and critics seem to love this one so I don't know if I became a cynical bitch or not.

Uh I'm pretty sure it did modestly well, OP. This Summer's big bombs are The Mummy and Valerian.

I thought it was good until the escape from the camp at which point the movie bizarrely turns into slapstick comedy for a stretch. Like, they wrote the heroes into an impossible situation, so the movie literally becomes a comedy for ten minutes in order for them to BS a way out, then goes back to being serious?

It's too bad too because the movie starts strong and the other two are great.

>>evil humans (muh parallels)
What were the parallels? I've heard the parallels mentioned quite a bit, but I wasn't sure what they were when I was watching the film.
I presumed the apes being locked up and put to work would have been the holocaust.
I also joingly thought that Woody was meant to be like Trump, in that he is struggling to get others to build a wall that will keep humans from across the border out, even though the wall is futile. I doubt that's what they were going for though.

Will the 4th movie happen?

Audience confirmed not stupid, since the previous one already repeated what happened in the first one - and it's pretty obvious, that the latest one repeats everything, that we've seen those two prequels to this, with only few touches to move the plot. I don't get tricked like this anymore. It's obvious. Ive seen the originals and see the pattern of the remakes. If the humans in this dont look fucked up mutated like pic related, its shit sequel.

Basically, people want to watch shit with lots of explosions and action and quips, War is slow-paced and bleak.

This but War is close and Valerian is fourth after It Comes at Night.

This movie was so bad I had to stand up and leave. This coming from a guy who loved the other two.

wow, what a good story, Mark.

it made the rookie mistake of being completely different then what was advertised

w-what movie?

Yea the James Franco one was quality. Enjoyed it as much as OG planet of apes. I haven't seen the others bc I know they'd disappoint

why Sup Forums likes that movie?

it is the batman 2 promise:
>good guy become bad for reasons
>bad guy has a "good" reason to be bad
>good guy forgive bad guy and save a lot

Plus:
>we wuz LotR

I don't get what the big fuss is about
Woody Harrelson's character was trying to secure a future for humans and human children, LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG

>Homecoming
>Good
Hang yourself

It's a bleak drama

that moment when you realize that he was right

And it released in a competitive July.