Has anyone watched the series? is it so bad that it literally makes you want to kill yourself?

has anyone watched the series? is it so bad that it literally makes you want to kill yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

clearly is glorifying suicide

>GET OUT CLAY
>Ok I'll leave
>I didn't want you to leave, so that's why I killed myself and it's all your fault

Yep once you watch it you die seven days later.

It romanticizes suicide by showing her able to deeply affect people even after she's dead, like she is still there. Stupid teenagers do not realize that this is not what actually happens.

its a show aimed at teenagers thats about an angry teenager that kills herself and finally gets the attention she wants

i just watched this episode and it isn't like that at all. she says she wished he would have stayed but she doesn't blame him.

It's good mainly because it depicts the story as a true 'bad end' for the girl and guy. It shows how you shouldn't overreact but how convincing the argument of "no more" is to someone who is constantly thrown to the wolves especially when you're at the most unstable part of your life internally.

It also did a good job about showing how many people feel that way for different reasons at different times, that we're all hurting and will hurt others by doing nothing because nothing was done for us, letting those close to us hurt us because we do/don't take chances or deliberately not caring and even thriving by hurting others.

Unfortunately it also highlights how her choice affected those who hurt her most, which is needed to show the full consequences of suicide but kinda glamorizes the cliche of "kill self; get attention" if you're narcissistic and immature. Also the way they keep characters very common and relatable keeps them from standing out as much which keeps the focus on the plot but makes it at times seem like everyone has this option.

>watch 13 reasons why
>they mention the Hungarian suicide song
>listen to it on Youtube
>commit suicide

Why was he on the tapes then? Tony literally tells Clay "You killed her"

i fully agree with the parents. this show is extremely dangerous for young people to watch. they should immediately cancel it.

>so emotionally fucked up a show makes you commit suicide

They deserved to die.

>It romanticizes suicide by showing her able to deeply affect people even after she's dead

Because she left tapes, you fucking dolt. She could have just as easily not killed herself and still affected people.

you don't know shit about teenagers do you

>show glorifies suicide by feeding vulnerable teenagers' fantasies of getting revenge on people at school
>it increases suicides

so unexpected

Many try to kill themselves for attention, especially women/girls. Just like little kids that run away they lose themselves in fantasies how their death and/or disappearance will affect the people they blame their condition on (People who treated them unfair, inattentive parents, love interests they were rejected by etc.) I remember this feeling when I was an edgy kid, it was kind of empowering to hold your ability of ending your existence over the head of others, it seemed like the ultimate way of revenge for being treated unfair by your surroundings.
And Netflix panders exactly to this fantasy, the whole concept of the series is to dwell in that delusion to the point were it seems fetishized.
"Would everybody be sad if I killed myself?" is the exact thing many kids wonder before they kill themselves. And this series pushed their audience to ask that question for themselves. And that is the most idiotic thing you could make a teenager do.

tfw I'll never have a cute fun Hannah Baker waifu

It's a humourless, morbid, tasteless, melodramatic crock of shit.

I really liked the show. The Asian didn't do anything wrong and she overreacted to what he said and also some other minor stuff but I cried a little at the end desu. Very nice show. And if anyone here is thinking about suicide make sure to call someone or just call the hotline.

Thank you, this means a lot, user.

jk kys

Now, now meany!

Darwinism at it's finiest

Who would have thought that a show about suicide would make people Google about suicide? Next you'll tell me Ozark made people Google about money laundering and Breaking Bad made people Google about meth labs

because the show is shit and is meant for teenagers who don't notice, let alone give a damn about retarded shit like that

Let me guess, they lumped "How to prevent suicide", "suicide hotline numbers so I can copy them to facebook", "suicide statistics", and "something suicide related so I can clickbait" together to make it look like kids are trying to kill themselves and not just idling searching shit?

>think about killing myself
>remember I'm not a white male

afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

>White males accounted for 7 of 10 suicides in 2015.
>Men die by suicide 3.5x more often than women.
>On average, there are 121 suicides per day.

The show is rated TV-MA. Young, easily influenced audiences should not be watching it.

But no-one would give a shit if it wasn't about a cute white girl.