What happened to good and respectful names like Clarence, Edward, Alfred, and Walter...

What happened to good and respectful names like Clarence, Edward, Alfred, and Walter, and why have they been replaced with faggish names like Jayden, Jaxon, Hailey, Skylar, etc?

Even a homely sounding name like Manfred is light years ahead of Dakota or Trig.

Other urls found in this thread:

ssa.gov/oact/babynames/
youtube.com/watch?v=bar3GOzDNzg
watch2gether.com/rooms/57netvg6gwnaaoit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All of those names except Edward are gay as fuck though dude

soap operas

Fuck you, faggot
t. Clarence

The first names you listed are given to niggers

My condolences

maybe there are fifty year old niggers named Edward but most young ones today are named Justin, Shawn, Will, Marquis, Jayden, etc. i.e. normal, ghetto, and American bydlo

tons of white kids these days are given fruity names like Hailey, Riley, Tucker, and other limpwristed shit

>Tucker
>Trig

Americans really give such names to their children?

yes

ssa.gov/oact/babynames/
scroll down, choose the popularity of a name tab, select 1900 and later, do not select a sex, and type in any name like Kylie or Tanner and see the travesty unfold

Names are such shit now.

I haven't even met a Cornelius. Back then every other guy was named Cornelius or at least Abner.

>Trig
people name their kids after highschool math?

They're going to grow taller and become Triggered when they're older anyway. May as well prep them.

Why do fuckers name their kid Liam when they could just name them William and call them Liam

That's what I was thinking. William and Robert have so many nicknames, why not just go with one of those instead of Aiden

>Skylar
Is a great name, fuck off.

Skylar is a special snowflake name given to autists.

Skylar detected

>mfw I have a super rare name that sounds better than any of these
>tfw too rare to share

No, it's a pretty name for pretty girls.
No, dumbass, the girl is Skylar. And she's very pretty and it's a very nice name.

Stripper trash tier name

What ethnic background is it from and how many syllables does it have?

You take that back.

Moomintrolls?

Best anime.

No!

My name is Æðelgȳðe, and I thank my parents for giving me a good Anglo-Saxon name and not one of those filthy Norman names.

Watch George Carlin's segment on soft names, it's great

>Æðelgȳðe
Hlóðwíg plz

>tfw I was given a Scandinavian name.

I am naming my kid Maximus.

>t. JaMarcus Brown

Jaxon?

t. Per Olov

>Joelle
>Aspin
>Jayla
>Mason
>Epson

>anglo-saxon
>norman
>implying there's a difference between germanicucks

Ĵacqueson

I was named Tyler, the non gay version of Skylar.

I am but a humble man making roof tiles.

If it's not from the bible, it's degenerate.

t. Luke

ROMANESEVNTDOMVS

Krazdyn

>Epson
Someone named their kid after a fucking printer.

I'm not even religious but i'm picking my kids names from the bible

Tyler is still a bit crap, ngl

You should change it to something like Tiberius or Tantalus or Tetanus

Can't go wrong there, you should bring them over to meet my two sons Sodom and Gomorrah

Skylar, Jayden and their ilk are names for pasture-raised boipucci. Not for future men.

What the fuck is that image

>European Middle ages, no particular region
>One

This shit is weird in Australia with Abos.

Not so much the younger generation, they all have faggot millennial names, but a lot of the ones that are older than 20 have quite old fashioned names you'd expect an old British guy to have, or biblical names.

I know guys called
>Abraham
>Benedict
>Reginald
>Archibald
>Ernest
>Isaiah

Of course they all use a shortened version in daily life, but it always strikes me as odd.

Is it Italic, Germanic, Celtic, or what?

TIL abbos are more civilized than Australians

Typical Australian names:
>Cunt
>Barbie
>Shrimp
>Gdaimait
>Wagga
>Knifey Spooney
>Roofucker
>Cunt Jr

Celtic Surname but Germanic first name.

Name inspired by a battle.

Sodom, named after sodomy and Gomorrah, named after an even... weirder... sex move

I've been laying tiles for too long to go back now, I am literally Tyler the Tiler or Tyler the Tile Guy.

Biblical names of cities.

Good thread OP. Names really are shit nowadays. I wonder if this happens in other countries? Have Swedes stopped calling their kids Gustav and Sven for some nu faggy shit?

It seemed to have started about 10 years ago, maybe one in twn kids had a bullshit name. Now its one in three.

Skye, McKenzee, Kiarna, Mikayla, Jaxons all over the place.

t. Teacher who treats kids much better when theyve got a normal name like Richard, Alexandra, Elizabeth or Henry.

mfw 2048 election is won by Tamelia Jackson.

is joke friendo

I don't believe you

Adolf

Aren't something like 30% of NZ men named Shaun, after the famous sheep?

My name is Walter but people call me Trey, idk why

It's a sign of the narcissism engulfing our society.

Before the Boomers, people named their kids after aspirational figures: the 12 apostles, saints, kings, etc. Beyond the West, similar attitudes prevailed: look at the popularity of the name Jesus in Latin America and Mohammad in the Muslim world. In some parts of Asia, the individual's name is given secondary status, and it is written after their family name.

But in America, things are different. Your kid is so special, the likes of him have yet to walk the Earth. And what better way to let others know this than to give him a name that has never been spoken before?

Needless to say, this is complete madness.

The traditional thought process went like this:

Kid is named after aspirational figure -> Kid inspired to become like his namesake -> Kid works hard -> Kid does great things

Narcissists think it goes like this:

Kid gets unique name -> Kid is therefore unique -> Everyone recognizes kid is unique and rewards him for it

However dubious the first thought process is, the second is complete madness, as it is atemporal: the parents think the name is a signal from the *future*, which is the only time when anyone can say how unique the kid is.

This leads to a more important point than silly baby names. Sup Forums talks a lot about how the two-party system is really a one party system with one neoliberal ideology, and this is true, but it doesn't go far enough. Ideology is not limited to the political theatre. An ideology is a broader notion, "the governing system of beliefs held by an individual or a group." The ideologies that made the term a snarl word (communism and fascism) shaped thinking on other areas of life, too: religion, culture, the role of the individual in society, and so on.

Not only are we living in a one-party state, we are living in a one-ideology state, and that ideology is narcissism.

What followed communism?

War.

What followed fascism?

War.

What follows narcissism?

Death?

Narcissus was turned into a flower, remember.

>one of my exs just transitioned from FtM
>she looks much like this
>she browses Sup Forums and tumblr

You degenerates will pay for giving me a tramatic flashback.

Better yet, why is every kid born after 2003 named some retarded shit like Ayden, Brayden, Cayden, etc.?

____den is the most fucking white suburban thing imaginable. It's almost as bad as urban black names.

What about Denden

Pol approved names

>Nigel
>Donald
>Marion
>Julian
>Geert
>Alex
>Ron

What else am I missing?

Ben

Negus.

Adolf

>pasture-raised boipucci

I've been here way too long

youtube.com/watch?v=bar3GOzDNzg

More specifically, suicide. Wasting away on the shore, imprisoned by our own desires, forever waiting for that person in the pool to return the love we feel for them.

They used to say that the wages of sin is death

Um not sure if serious mate! Also hands off our sheep. I've only ever known one Sean. And he was Irish.

All my mates have normal names like Michael, Daniel, Brendan, Robert. Honestly doubt I could ever be friends with someone called Skylar. I'd never take anything they said seriously.

POL WATCHES WORLD'S WILDEST POLICE VIDEOS

Battle of Fa Ggot?

kek lost hard

>Roofucker and Cunt Jr.

>t. Tyrone Demarcus

t. Ismael Angeles

>not having a Roman numeral in your name

Shiggidy diggidy, friends.

Why you posting your full name?

Your name is gay as fuck everyone but me gotta learn more

If you don't name your child after a biblical prophet or an ancestor. You might as well not have kids

It's not, there's more
>t. hispanic

>I have a roman numeral in my name
>I pray at least one of my great grandchildren has my name with the V roman rumerial

You should of added scandinavians at the end but as dog poop

Anglo saxon names are filthy

>t.Yakub McNigus

Post your "super ultra rare white njördic" name already

Huh i never maid the connection between william and liam. I assumed Liam was its own name the way "kansas" is independent of "ARkansas"

My name is Edward. This post makes me soo happy.

Your name is drgenerate

Your name is trash

Fuck off my name is Todd my brothers names are Tucker and Kyle we are proud

>it's not nordic
>I am not that retarded to give my name on an anonymous Finngolian cartoon scribbling board

Because of globailsation. Now that we have internet and shit we know and talk to a lot more people. Imagine if everyone had the same names. Also people like to change things up a bit you boring fucking faggot.

Your parents were basic bitches my name is Todd and QTs are all like cool name

>t. Abo Joe

Why do Americans give their children surnames as first names?
>Carter
>Preston
>McKenzie
>Tyler

This

How many letters does it have?

Is it Ernst, Grimm, or Sieg?