Is anime doomed to be purely degeneracy?

Is anime doomed to be purely degeneracy?

Are there artworks or story-driven directions derived from it that should warrant second thought?

What anime is this

Ghost in the Shell

Light dies at the end of deathnote

If anime helps Trump get elected, which it definitely has thus far, then I'm just fine with it.

There's a reason that 75-80% of all Trump supporters use anime girls as their avatars. Keep that shit going senpai

Ghost in the Shell 1995 movie.

idk pham the Miyazaki films are pretty cute
Definitely not deep, but not degenerate either. Good stuff to show your kids to teach them.

But in reality, it's a detraction from reality.
Though there are some films and series that "really make you think" afterwards.

I hate modern anime. Anime from the 1980s and 90s were the bomb.

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Sup Forums approved, pic related

This desu. I think when people shit on anime it's because they've only been exposed to modern cutsie trash.

>The 20 or so anime that people remember from the 1980s and 90s were the bomb
Fixed.

It's the very definition of degenerate art, "entartete kunst" as the nazis called it.

Jojo's is red pilled.

cowboy bebop
Tri gun

Anything of this tier in the last 3 years?

also Death Note, Ghost in the Shell (Not the newest series), other than that... ?

Trigun is also bit linear for my taste...

I never saw this... now I must..

Angel's Egg is anime kino

pretty much most anime from the 80's or 90's were pretty good.

Hell, I would even go so far as saying early pokemon was good. It was semi-fantasy, lighthearted, and was more about adventure and wonder.

So boring.There was this 1 minute scene of her loading bullets in her gun's magazine.

do you have ADHD?

Do you have autism?

>and the best part is the 3 minute scene of a man opening a can of beans and heating it in a microwave

Trigun was woeful, melodramatic shit though.

a really fucking good red pilled one

You literally made OP post with one of the best examples of what you're asking for. I think this is just an Sup Forums thread on Sup Forums. Well done.

Anime started sucking after 2005 or so, with the exception of GiTS

> nigga doesn't know about Legend of Galactic Heroes

Anyway. Macross Plus, Gundam (Stardust Memory and 08th MS Team), Jin-Roh, Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiments Lain, Paprika, Patlabor, and many other animes are actualy art. Mostly older stuff is good. New shit is childish.

this really stood out to me and i can't find anything similar or anything quite as story driven.

recommendations anyone?

anime has been taken over by autists without any creative ambition, how artwork and stories from decades ago still aren't surpassed in the anime world is disgusting

ghost in the shell (1995) is probably my favorite movie ever , even though i generally dislike anime.
It has a more meaningful story than 20 modern Hollywood blockbusters combined.

Can't wait for the Jews to fuck with my favorite movie next year.
At least they chose scarlett johansson for the lead role.

Hi there my dear fellow.
How it's going?

Jinrui

>Stardust Memory
Garbage, One of the worst Gundams out there, the only redeeming factor is it looks nice.

>sausage party

No. The fandoms are, but the product itself will always be determined by the buyrates.

in other words, learn economics.

user, it is not the medium that is important, but the message. The quality of an anime depends on the artist.

Some may not understand that, but why concern yourself with the opinions of ignoramuses? Concern yourself only with your own horizons.

>If the movie doesn't have explosions ever 3 seconds I won't watch it XD

Guess how I know you are a Millennial?

Imagine Sigourney Weaver in her prime (Alien) with her physique and vocals... she was a perfect Major... there is only a diet version now... (Scarlett)

spoken like someone who doesn't know the medium.

Though most shows nowadays are progressively 1100 percent shit, so if that's waht you mean then that's apt.

Besides Ghost in the shell TV series and movies, a show like Monster is probably the Sopranos of anime.

It's good enough that it's getting an HBO adaption.

matsuda was a pussy

I was a bit disappointed when I saw this movie. It isn't terrible and has some really good scenes, but especially the dialogue was really dated.

No mention of Ninja Scroll or fist of the north star...

Good, he was a faggot.

You could say the same about a lot of art and entertainment since the 2000s

Don't fall for moeshit. Find some good directors.

Here's a starting list:
Katsuhiro Otomo
Mamoru Oshii
Satoshi Kon
Hayao Miyazaki

He was the payoff, of course.
> Innocence with mental anguish, ultimately with payoff at end.

If you ask me, the series ended with L's ending. Then, afterwards was purely fan service for those too butthurt.

>post Berserk
How is 2016 for you?

It's a bit slow timing. The series is more complex and interesting however.

Yeah, watch Patlabor 2.

It's weird but I enjoyed looking at it.

Worst year of my life, at least the Golden Age movies looked okay but holy shit 2016 is awful.

Watch legend of the galactic heroes

just wait for the dynasty warriors style berserk videogame to come out
it's going to get worse

Kids on the Slope.
Made by the guy that made Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo

>XD I POSTAD IT AGAIN

This would have been 200x time better as a tv serie, like Star Trek, not as an "anim".

No, some anime will even push against it.
EoE for instance, has a whole section where the characters are talking about how shallow and stupid things like casual sex are.

>The series is more complex and interesting

No it isn't. The only thing better than the first movie was the second.

>dynasty warriors style
this shit is pure cancer

You have to go back

Anime is the most red-pilled form of entertainment. You are aren't smart if you think otherwise.

You people never give up.

>milkbagger from HongCouver

>good directors
>Hayao Miyazaki

considering so far it looks like only trolls and monsters can be chopped to bits while human enemies "go flying" in one piece, it's worse than you think

F-91 was good.

Overlord any good?

i love its mood and pacing. it's such an awesome movie. i think i've seen it almost every year since it was first released (olde fart here.)

Forgot my reaction image.

He is good though, what is bad about him?

How do you feel about Innocence?

How is the revised version?

I thought it was great, personally.

Gundam 0079 is pretty good, Sieg Zeon.

Anime are tv shows. They are basically Japanese cartoons. Only more of them are intended for a "mature" audience.

Sup Forums, what is the best redpilled anime out there?

I want to give this shit a try.

Nothing Sup Forums hates him because they have shit tate.

Hasn't made a good movie since 2001.
He rides on his high standard of animation but majority of his stories lack any real substance, especially in character development, even though they're consistent in characterization, they hold no real value and always are just there, which tends to end up in a mess like Kiki's Delivery or Howls Moving Pile of Shit. Movies where the characters were the only thing that could salvage the mess of the plot and storytelling.

Tl;dr he's a hack who gets by on pretty animation

To add, his consistency and overall works are riddled with a heavy bad to good ratio. I think it's worth noting that a director shouldn't only be judged by the few good ones they made, but also the abundance of bad.

But Miyazaki is a anti-humanist enviro hippy hack.

You're on what used to be purely an anime site.

He's only made 3 movies since then anyway, and I can't speak to the quality of The Wind Rises.

He got old, really old, that happens...
I thought the wind rises, laputa and princess mononoke was amazing

Hated spirited away though

>The Wind Rises
I thought it was amazing

Cowboy Bebop seemed to be the apex.
What was one anime that could even compete?

Anime industry going the way of toons

Selling out on opportunities to make actually good works to instead make what sells

Mononoke is his magnum opus, or arguably Porco Rosso. I just don't think he's what everyone cracks him up to be. I much prefer the storytelling and character driven stories that Satoshi Kon puts out. They're all retarded in plot most of the time but they're unique in that way. The characters are just a plus.

Kon died too soon.

Psychopass was redpilled af. Damn near named the jew. Acknowledged the fact that even though you knew the enemy, the world was simply not ready to see it.

Maybe not "red piled" but Mushishi. It has a comfy AF atmosphere, has single plot shows so you don't have to follow a retarded dramatic storyline, and probably one of the least degenerate anime out there.

Also, the animation isn't fucking gay.

Are we judging him for his achievment as director or for his political ideologies?