Why Sup Forums doesnt like him anymore??

Why Sup Forums doesnt like him anymore??

Other urls found in this thread:

4archive.org/board/co/thread/84105547
4archive.org/board/co/thread/81505924
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I never stopped.

For some reason around the end of Darkseid war over half the board turned into gwenpool reading FAGGOTS

because Blackest Night sucked

I never liked him

His output since the reboot has largely not been great, with his Justice League being mostly terrible. He also gets hate for that being the version WB keeps adapting.

He's a movie guy that likes to shit up comics.

He also introduced us to the idea of multiple colored "lantern corps." thus reducing whatever potential dc cosmic had to endless rainbow wars.

Yawn.

>For some reason around the end of Darkseid war over half the board turned into gwenpool reading FAGGOTS

Wait, are you defending Darkseid war?

I never stopped too.
Actually he got me reading comics again with Blackest Night. From there I bought his GL run and run a lot of his Flash run.

Green Lantern and Flash were great. I liked the Aquaman reboot.

John is my top writer and I don't care if /co don't like it.

Grant Morrison fan love to hate John because they like to read the messy, pretentious and ununderstandable story.

And from what I know, John is a decent human being. Unlike Marvel writer, he never speak about politics on Twitter and his story don't deal with politics. Just actual adventure. Witch is what I want to read. If I wanted politcs I would buy a shitty Marvel book like Squireel girl or Whor.

I think John might be a little based. Sure, he created Simon Baz. But Simon is actually interesting, and he do something.

John brought back Green Lantern.
With John we got back:
+ Hal Jordan. The dude brought back Hal Jordan and put it front and center.
+ Guy Gardner: He ended the shitty 90s Valdarian shit and made him a bad ass GL. John Steward got less time because of it and that is great. Steward spend too much time grieving and shit about the planet he failed to save.
+ The whole fucking corps: Finnaly. With Green Lantern Recharge we got the whole space cop concept back. Kyle was, well, just a dude with a shinny ring.
+ Booster Gold.
+ Real Wally West.

John is DC savior and what prevent DC becoming like Marvel. The DC You SJW phase ended, and he give us Rebirth. With an actual real Superman, a beard Green Arrow and more good book to come.

He hates Batman.
He hates Wally.
He loves Cyborg.
He hates John Stewart.
He loves dullest GL and Flash.

>+ Real Wally West.

Who was the one that got rid of him in the first place?

Also notice how all you named outside Baz (shit) and the aquaman run are already 10 years old comics.

Also the reason Johns doesnt talk politics is that he is a total idiot.

Maybe squirrel-girl is more your speed?

and Wonder Woman

Nah, i barely read modern comics, but is funny, Johns is Squirrel girl tier. He is a simple writer that is casual friendly. How i hell johnsfag believe he is any better than other casual bait comics is beyond me.

Forcing every character to be hoe he wants, and then they usually die anyway.

I still do, he's way too enthusiastic for me to dislike. Plus he seems like a really nice guy. His worst crime is writing some mediocre stories and including cyborg in the justice league.

I agree it's not his best work, but it got praise everywhere except on Sup Forums. It was a fun read.

His stories are great concepts but run too long and end too quickly. This works great for trades but sucks for month to month. Snyder has this same problem.

He hasn't written anything good in years.

>but it got praise everywhere except on Sup Forums

Sure, by the same people that gives Squirrel girl 9/10 reviews, it was crap, and the threads of the comics ended with less than 300 posts.
The Grail special didnt even make it to 200 posts. The last 2 issues were pure bitching and complains shitting on the terrible story.

>Nah, i barely read modern comi-
Irrelevant opinion. Stopped reading

What was your favorite part of his Justice league?

The Metal men vs JL? Cold's big game? or the seven seas arc?

I0m not sure who i like most, Aquaman and all his development, Cyborg and how he justified his integration into the league or all the development Shazam had!

Darksidea War wasn't good and Gwenpool isn't good either. Fuck off with your company wars shit

Most comics are shit. I'm not going to pretend rebirth is the second coming of the british invasion,

Might wanna rethink your post.

Darkside War was pretty shit dude. Parts were good like when members of the League and Luthor got his powers as well as seeing MM and Barda together. Over all the event was pretty bad. Gwenpool is just Marvel shamelessly cashing in

+I hate Batman too. That why I love John.
+He wrote Wally for years, how could he hate it after such a large contriution to the characters?
+ Cyborg is diversity shit. I think the idea was forced on him.
+ Steward has only two story. Crying about THAT planet he failed to save. And GL/GA from the 70s. Since John don't do politics, he don't need Steward.

Editorial mandate by Dan Didio. Notice that once John got more power, he brought back classic hero. And even if he did it, removing the true wallly, at least he decided to undo it. Unlike Marvel who will keep doing their shit for Year because of Discney money.

And John doesn't talk about politcs because politics got NO PLACE, on comics book, especially nowaday. And would like other writers actually understand that.

Wnat politically charged book? Go read Image. DC Comics has iconics characters who need to stay neutral. When you write about a fictionnal god, you don't make it battle Donald Trump.

But I grant you one good point. The best of John work is before the New52. GL got weak in the end, and his Justice League run got no where most of the times. Especially the Dark Seid that end with an ass pull. So Evil Louis Lane was pregnant with baby Darkseid the whole time despite having breed with Alternate Earth Lex Luthor? Wierd.

But Forever Evil was nice.

I'm a proud johnsfag. You rest can go fuck yourselves.

>anymore

he writes shitty heroes, has a hard-on for villains and is a pathological liar

Because he won. Though really it's a better fate than others getting that position.

>And even if he did it, removing the true wallly, at least he decided to undo it.

>even if he shat the table, he tried to clean up with his shit covered hands

Politics belong to comics, they had always been political, what it doesnt belong is blatant support of modern politicians.

Johns has been a bitch to the executives since the start,

I have never read anything by him and I think he is a huge faggot.

Bendis is worse. He did all this shit by himself.
They are both top writer but at least he don't do shit unless editorialy mandated.

As for politics, I still don't agree. Let says, you are a writer who want to says "It is OK if we help whatever country/cause". Why would Superman or Hal Jordan develop this ame idea. And what if a writer who want to says the opposite get the characters?

Imagine if Chuck Dixion, registered Republican got batman and made him politically right wing. When the pendulum swing back, he would chnage too an SJW when Simone got him for example.

If an editor allow politics, they need to allow both side. And I don't think it is fair to give one side Batman, Wonderwoam, Superman. And the other side only D-Listers. Because the first writer who can "align" a character will do it, and he will use the most known.

Who care if Ambush Bug is anti-abortion? No one. But people would care if Batman is.

Comics have always been political.

Superman himself spent his first two or so years fighting political enemies.

And lets not get started on the whole World War 2 and Communism villainy stuff.

Wonder Woman is literal radfem propaganda. The X-Men exist to shill civil rights for minorities. Marvel built its bread and butter on the hippie scene. .

Or everything to do with the 70s and there relevance. Mcarthy took down the JSA. Watchmen and TDKR were full of Reaganism critique. The British Invasion was run by a bunch of counterculture anti thatcherites who pumped there leftist punk rock occultism into american books.

Hell Sinestro Crops War was a massive treatise of terrorism. The literal villain was the abstract concept of terror itself. And the idea of a large criminal group pushing the good guys to take extreme actions in order to survive, thus gaining a moral victory.

Comics have always been political, in fact the very first newspaper strips were political. And the Superhero itself as a concept was born out of New Deal era political vigilantism . Superman's first recurring enemy was the US government.

The very concept of using force to solve societal problems is inherently political.

When people say politics dont belong in comics, they very often mean "politics I dont agree with" I question was a totally apolitical comic could even be; given that morality itself is a concept of a political nature. Any story with heroes or good guys will invariably present a certain mode of thinking as "good." That is political at its core. Whether its Batman monitoring people, Superman intervening in slums and wars or Wonder Woman punching nazis.

You know that characters do have clear political preferences right?

Wally being a republican

Many of us still do.
Even if the Cereal Lord has abandoned us GL fans to Venditti's reign of terrible.

Forever Evil was my favorite part of his JL run. Sure, it wasn't perfect story, but I really enjoyed it, there were some really cool moments and the resolution was satisfying.

But honestly, even if Johns never wrote anything even remotely decent again, I would always like him for his GL run. It is what got me reading Green Lantern and I have grown to love that particular corner of DCU damn much.

I wonder how that would translate today.
Maybe that is why he was thrown into the void for 4 years.

There is great story with no politic at all. How are political:
+Death of Gwen Stacy
+Crisis On Infinite Earth
+Infinity Gauntlet
+Blackest Night
+Knightfall
+The Death of Superman
+Sonic The Hedgehog
+Earth X
+Empowered
+Swamp Thing when he is against the root (Snyder run)

Even if they are a little, they aren't fully political.
Compare with:
+Civil War (both)
+Captain America Sam Wilson
+Iron Man Armor War
+Green Arrow / Green Lantern
Those are apolitical and great.

>Forever Evil was my favorite part of his JL run

But the Justice league wasnt really part of that story

I appreciate the effort but maybe full sentences that communicate complete ideas would be good

Dank memes. Although I'll admit Darkseid War was underwhelming and went on way long.

Than be a better man and explain how the story I said are political. Because these story are classic and don't have a shred of politics. They prove you don't need that stuff in comics.

Green Arrow / Green Lantern
Is super political, Ollie takes Hal to meet black poor people and says that he's to busy fucking around in space to help the disenfranchised of earth

Captain America Sam Wilson is also reallt political with a villain who spouts a Trump based catchphrase and a core theme of the run being that Sam is a more liberal and politically active Captain America than Steve was.

Sure comics don't need to be political but plenty of great comics are. Grell's Green Arrow has Ollie talking shit to Daddy Bush, Ostrander's Suicide Squad is full of references and stand-ins for contemporary politics.

This myth that lantern comics were ever that important to DC cosmic has to end. Most of it was seeded in other stuff like LoSH.

>+Civil War (both)
>+Captain America Sam Wilson
>great
Top fucking lel

>Who care if Ambush Bug is anti-abortion? No one. But people would care if Batman is.

Of-coarse Batman is PRO-LIFE. The Bat won't kill the Joker and he wouldn't be down with killing unborn babies

IB4 butthurt faggots thinking the rights of a mother's choice supersede the rights of a human's life that is unable to defend or speak for itself

It was obviously speaking of the first list.
These have no politics and are great.
+Death of Gwen Stacy
+Crisis On Infinite Earth
+Infinity Gauntlet
+Blackest Night
+Knightfall
+The Death of Superman
+Sonic The Hedgehog
+Earth X
+Empowered
+Swamp Thing when he is against the root (Snyder run)

In opposition of these, who are shit and full of politics.
+Civil War (both)
+Captain America Sam Wilson
+Iron Man Armor War
+Green Arrow / Green Lantern

Bruce is Catholic, m8, the political stances of most characters are clear for pretty much everyone who reads them

>+ Guy Gardner: He ended the shitty 90s Valdarian shit and made him a bad ass GL

I will fucking fight you.

W-what's wrong with Darkseid War? Do we hate it now?

That look like a great book by your standard then.

Forever Evil. The Ultraman issue was my favorite of his JL issues.

Yes, it was great. It should have been edge incarnate but it wasn't.

THANK YOU BASED JOHNS

4archive.org/board/co/thread/84105547

Funny thing
This faggot
Was posting the same thing

Also, this was how "hyped" Sup Forums was...
This was the first storytime of The JL: special darkside war, the thread died, it was that terrible

4archive.org/board/co/thread/81505924

>He hates Wally
>Even thought he brought him back
>And wrote him for years and is by his own admission one of his favourite characters.

brought Wally back TWICE and people still doubt him

>Geoff hates Wally

Can't wrap my head around that reasoning

It is funny how you can read this page, replace Thinker by a random John hater and Wally by Geoff John. It keep the same meaning.

John hater just don't like fun comics.

I personally love how these words still echo in the rebirth one-shot, over a decade later.

He is called Johns you absolute dumbass

>+He wrote Wally for years, how could he hate it after such a large contriution to the characters?

He spent those years trying to turn Wally into Barry. He always wanted Barry, but he was dead when he got into writing comic books.

Guess who brought back Barry to knock Wally down to being a b-grade hero?

He was also the one who got rid of him, if you're giving him credit for Lightning Saga and DCU Rebirth then give him credit for Flashpoint and Infinite Crisis. He wrote all 4.

He also wrote Flash Rebirth, which might as well have been "Barry is better than everyone, especially Wally: The book"

DCU Rebirth was Johns being very clever and pulling a move that fans would like, but then making damned sure he didn't make Barry look bad. He made Barry the hero and even fucking absolved him of responsibility for Flashpoint.

He brought back Wally and pushed the story into Wally forgiving Barry for all his crimes.

I thought it was pretty good. Not the best, but it was pretty well done.

He clearly desires to have every character around. Benching Wally was never what he wanted. Blame him if you want though, I don't really care. You're just proving everyone's point.

The funny thing about this arc was it was Johns retconning Wally into being an average/stupid person when he was the primary science superhero sidekick and naturally intelligent. Dude was going to be a physicist when he lost his powers/couldn't use them.

He may not have wanted to bench Wally completely but he clearly wanted to pull a Kyle Rayner on Wally, which is a huge knock down to the character. If given the option he obviously favors Barry to a degree that killing off Wally for effectively 6 years wasn't a problem...until DC was hemorrhaging sales and he needed a hail mary.

Now that Wally is back, I hope Johns plan for Rebirth is to bring back the whole Flash family.
I miss real the Jay Garrick. He was a fatherly figure for all people around him. I remember Jay was great during Waid run.
Max Mercury brought a mystical dimension to the book.

I hope that since the Flash TV Show has both real jay and jessie quick, the book will fixed.

But we knew as far back as 2011 that Barry didn't destroy the multiverse or erase the pre-flashpoint world, that was pandora (and then revealed to be Dr Manhattan)

Williamson said he wanted to bring back Max in the first arc of current Flash but I think it was that he couldn't find the space to do him justice. Doesn't sound like DC is against bringing the Flash family back though.

>I agree it's not his best work, but it got praise everywhere except on Sup Forums.

It got hyped to hell and back around here though.

Darkseid War happened.

I still like him, but I've always acknowledged that he has a tendency to get sidetracked with his own shit and promise more than he can deliver.

Since it is a Rebirth, I guest it will need at least 9 month.
Get it?

Only at the start. It had kind of flamed out by the time Fabok came back from babby hiatus.

Logically we now know why things probably dropped off around there (Johns getting busy with Rebirth), but bad ending is a bad ending.

Cause like lots of modern comic writers all he has read is comics. So we just get his versions of classic stories.

The best writers read all kinds of stuff. Johns is a hack and DC is fucking stupid for giving him and Jim Lee any kind of power.

They've been very particular about not even mentioning Wally's kids, despite him regaining his memories. I think they're putting a big ol NOPE on the kids angle for anyone but Superman.

Jay's almost certainly coming back in some similar vein, considering we saw Johnny Thunder in DCU Rebirth.

Williamson said he wants to bring back Max, just not yet.

I doubt that's true. Just because he knows his comics doesn't mean he's never read books.

Uh, no. Pandora was the one who messed with the end of Flashpoint but Barry was the one who CAUSED Flashpoint. That's the thing that fucked up the universe in the first place. It also unceremoniously killed Wally in a fucking tie-in book as a bit character.

You can maybe say the New 52 was Pandora's fault before DCU Rebirth, but Flashpoint is Barry's fault and Flashpoint led to Pandora's fuckery.

Doesn't matter. Barry fixed up everything back to normal at the end. It's purely Pandora's fault at that point.

Try reading the book.

I liked IC well enough, but the menace from within the ranks of the heroes thing he does over and over bored the shit out of me in everything else of his I read.
Can't wait for the JSA omnis to go out of print so I can sell them for crazy cash.

You're joking, right?

Barry's the one who fucked the world up with amateur time travelling in the first place. You don't trust the guy who broke shit in the first place to fix it.

You also aren't absolved of your horrible crime by trying to go and fix it.

Flashpoint was Barry's fault. It still is, actually, but Johns didn't want to call attention to that. It's just the new 52 is Manhattan's fault.

Johns ruined The Flash family before Flashpoint, anyhow. They'd been dead for 2 years at that point.

>literally everything was fine
>Pandora came in and created a new timeline by merging Earths
>somehow this is Barry's fault

lmao

Johns doesnt read books, the guy is one of the dumbest writers out there.

Do you think is normal to confuse the Romans and the Greeks?

Every single person that died was his fault. Even if they cameback to life, it's his fault. He opened the door for Pandora, he weakened the timelines and the multiverse, it's his fault. For some retarded reason Johns confused Alternative timelines with Alternative universes and what we got was a mess, it was Barry's fault, and it's pretty telling that Johns the writer behind that, and behind new52 (along with lee) try to shift the blame and go "he dindo noffin".

Gotta love how Johns try to find exscuses for Hal and Barry

Do you have a picture related?

>Do you think is normal to confuse the Romans and the Greeks?

Yes actually

What do you mean "literally everything was fine."? The world was never restored before Pandora. The world was still fucked. Barry was still trying to fix it. Then Pandora/Manhattan stepped in and changed it.

Flashpoint is Barry's fault. Why are you saying it isn't? How is Flashpoint somehow not a horrific crime? He caused untold suffering and death.

If his name was Reverse Flash or Chronos or Kang it'd be right in line with their supervillainy.

I bet you think Hal didn't do anything wrong, either.

Honestly I am willing to accept these excuse to move on. Because I don't give a shit about Kyle.

Parallax Hal was a good idea, but once everything has been milked from it, you need to reverse it. People still remember it thought.

One the other end, Barry tried to hide all the shit he did.

Hal atleast had some sort of redemption arc included in Johns otherwise washing over the shitty stuff he did with SPACE BUG.

Barry got away with it. Not only that, the most important, powerful person affected by it (Wally) was just like "No it's not your fault Barry it was SOMEONE ELSE." Johns spent like 60 pages making us fall back in love with Wally just so he could squash those "Barry's a universe killing murderer" jokes assholes like us spam.

Sup Forums hates him now because he's no longer "one of us! cereal lord" and he's progressed in his career, so now that he's got more clout around DC and their movies all the butthurt contrarian faggots suddenly shit all over him.

Its not a new thing, it happens all the time.

I mean, Sup Forums's been bitching about Johns and criticizing the fuck out of him since Sup Forums existed. He's popular, therefore a large number of people hate him on this board. Sometimes with legitimate reasons, sometimes with weird troll shit like "Johns hates Wally."

Taught me all the colors.

>average Johnsfag

Well talk to the man who started this myth.

He's read Alice and Wonderland. His first Flash arc his quotes straight from it.

He literally didn't though and respects the LoSH's importance in particular.

It's just casuals who only read GL and think that's everything.

Alice and Looking Glass I mean.