What is the absolute worst xkcd strip?

What is the absolute worst xkcd strip?

Other urls found in this thread:

xkcd.com/980/
scp-wiki.net/scp-6327-j
jaymans.wordpress.com/2014/02/26/greg-cochrans-gay-germ-hypothesis-an-exercise-in-the-power-of-germs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All of them

xkcd.com/980/

I hate this comic with a passion so I would say all the strips

But I would have to say the one where one of the characters is spinning to try and slow the flow of time so they can spend more time with their significant other and it's supposed to be romantic

not that one

The one where OP was let back in through the door.

That's the one.

That one strip sure triggers you all so damn much

My biggest problem with it is that he didn't even bother to make a joke. The entirety of the strip could have easily been a tumblr post with no comic to accompany it. There is no reason for it to exist as a comic because there is no punchline or clever element to it.

I was expecting that one to be posted already, but at the very least it was mentioned. I'm sure it is probably the most mocked of all xkcd strips.

The recent one about the Tubman dollar

It's so straw man it makes me physically ill

>My biggest problem with it is that people keep using it to counter my "free-speech-means-you're-obliged-to-listen-to-me" bullshit.

>Have literally never seen Superman II.

This is a think that bothered me about xkcd. And in general, when I got exposed to American comics. Almost none of them need pictures. The jokes are conveyed entirely in text. Why not just use text?

That strip is not without merit, but it seems a bit hypocritical, no? He's on the side of people who think media must give more exposure to under-represented groups, no?

>>Have literally never seen Superman II.
I did get the reference, yes.

That strip existed before tumblr, you dumbass. Are you that much of a stupid child?

The one of two people thinking about the other

Or the one with the boomerang/banana

Only the under-represented groups he likes. The rest of us have to to be shown the door. You don't have to be a Sup Forumsack to see just how self-serving and unprincipled his actual stance is.

Because it is true.

It's still summer.

Get an adult to explain it to you.

i dont see whats wrong with this comic? if you were standing in a room having a conversation with a bunch of people, and out of nowhere someone brings up how dirty and filthy those fucking niggers are or what a cuck so and so is, odds are a lot of people in the room would get uncomfortable and 'show you the door' or whatever. they'd take the conversation away from them, they wouldn't want to talk to or spend time with them. it doesn't have to even be racial slurs or derogatory language, people just have a difference of opinion.

when people come onto this site and try to preach sjw ideals it either turns the thread into a sea of shitposting and argueing and it gets deleted, or the comment gets deleted. those kind of ideals aren't welcome here, the majority doesn't like it so people who think and talk that way are 'shown the door'. same thing with when someone goes onto tumblr and says things they know will upset the user base, then they get deleted or a bunch of users send them hate and they are 'shown the door'.

i mean if you're angry at the comic for pointing out the obvious, something that shouldn't even need to be said because it's just plain common sense, then i can get that. but ya'll get so mad the second someone tries to say 'hey if you're acting like an asshole people will treat you like one'

Problem is that people feel they are edged out from mainstream discussion platforms into the edges. Like, in real life you can go on the streets and yell your propaganda, but on the Internet, where all the idea exchange now is - there's no public space. And if FOX News get flack for being one-sided, why can't we criticize internet platforms for perceived ban on dissenting opinions?

Finally, it's really narrow idea of free speech coming from the liberal crowd this days. Since when are liberals such suckers for corporate rights?

Anyone munroe does instead of kelly.

The quality of the strips really went down hill when Kelly stopped working on XKCD

The one with the beer.

Which one is that? The one where he rips ("rips") into the Treasury Department? All I could think is the irony in recognizing the idiocy of a bureaucratic body while also endorsing progressive social change from said bureaucratic bodies.

Or maybe more succinctly, government is only dumb and inefficient when I want it to be.

yeah, i don't think he'll ever top this

holy shit what what the fuck is this

>I think we need to see other people

Spinning in one place would not affect Earth's rotation speed, would it?

Shouldn't she run East instead?

Autism.

This comic exemplifies the hatred I feel for XKCD and its legion of 30-something year old "deep thinkers"

The ones where he worships his ex-gf are pathetic

What the hell, that's not even a fucking comic strip.

>drunk guy throws a rock through the window and kills her boyfriend
>she starts spinning clockwise to die faster

>but on the Internet, where all the idea exchange now is - there's no public space
>posted on the imageboard that hosts Sup Forums

Jesus invented infographic to make something that is easy to comprehend. What the fuck is wrong with your infographic, Randall?

Xkcd is more a blog than a comic strip.
Most of them are charts and such

"TGIFridays is a family establishment"

That's the joke. The joke is not that no one speaks like that.

Also, Megan is the name of that girl he's been beta for since the dawn of time, right?

christ, what a piece of human garbage.

>but on the Internet, where all the idea exchange now is - there's no public space.

Look, user, if you stand on a box in the park, people can walk away, but if you post online, you basically scribble your shit on sombody's wall. And that somebody has a right to tell you to git off ma propery.

Did he literally just fucking censor a stick figure with a word bubble

What the fuck is with this site and liberals? Liberal's are blamed for damn near everything here, even when it makes no sense whatsoever.

This.

thatsthejoke.jpg

SJWs don't get deleted here since the mods agree with them but the userbase doesn't.
So there is a problem with your line of thought.

>Sup Forums and Sup Forums hate xkcd for it's too smart humor
>Sup Forums and /sci/ post xkcd all the time
can someone explain this?

A community that pretends to be made up of idiots will sooner or later attract real idiots. For Sup Forums, that "sooner or later" was in 2008, after a story on Fox News brought the site to the attention of millions of right-wing basement dwellers who took Sup Forums for an anonymous extension of the Prison Planet and Stormfront forums.

>ya'll
needs to be word filtered next

We don't hate it because of it's "smart" "humor"

We hate it for being shit and in fact being neither smart or funny.

The influx of newfags to Sup Forums was mostly leftist though. The real right movement was on /news/

Sup Forums and /sci/ are filled with the exact same type of unfunny fedoratards as the guy who makes xkcd. Of course they'd like it.

That one where he white knights some geek girl by beating up some misogynist.

>pic not related

Who gives a shit what people on Sup Forums and /sci/ think?

The joke is that the first panels look like anatomical illustrations and then he pulls back and they're actually just taking pictures of their junk in a TGI Fridays, dipshit.

It's in Superman 1, not 2

Just memes, my man. they're all just memes. nobody actually thinks about any of this in a meaningful capacity. nobody here really cares about anything-- politics, comics, video games. nobody would be dumb enough to waste their own time defending anything. we're all just memin' in the wind.

The incredibly thoughtful comedy of Randall Munroe

I'm pretty liberal like a real Jew east coast cocksucking libtard but fuck any nigga who just tries to shut down ideas and opinions.

no shit, idiot. I'm saying that his attempt to establish this fact for the joke is done with the worst possible dialog. He can't just have a sign in the background or something, no. or even just have them flee, since that would still cover the joke. no, he has to use this awkward as fuck exposition shout to make it clear the venue of this inappropriate behavior is a goddamn TGIFriday.

It's not a great joke, but serviceable. But he has to write it in the worst way possible to make it painfully unfunny, and add layers of his creepy stalker shit to it.

There's an obvious difference between shutting down ideas and opinions and expressing disinterest in a given example of them.

People are free to say whatever they like: it doesn't mean that other people are obliged to listen.

I politically couldn't give a fuck about libtards but but jesus what a needlessly smug and douchey comic.

If you have some point about Rand's economic ideas to make then make it, "hur dur ur dumb for liking a fictional novel i don't like" is not a point.

So where exactly is the line? Because passing the post/show/whatever by expresses disinterest. Boycotting or banning them seems to be more shutting down ideas. Though shutting down someone else's ideas may very well be within their rights.

That said, it is really badly written.

people do that here all the time though

And?

so how is it a bad thing?

MMMMMM

Really makes you think.

Because it's annoying.

But the joke is about Atlas shrugged being a shit book, which it is, everyone knows that, not about Rand's ideas being retarded, which they are. South Park, also did it.

Then why does everyone unironically do the same thing here?

Because they're faggots.

but south park hates sjws and leftists so that makes it okay

So quirky.

A better punchline would have been "the longer I do this the more time I have to sleep"

Reminder that what spurred this comic was Brendan Eich being ousted from Mozilla for donating his own money to Proposition 8.

Randall Munroe sees an angry Twitter mob strong-arming an executive out of their career as fair "consequences" for not supporting gay marriage.

Guess I'll post it since it's much worse than the ones Sup Forums gets upset over nothing about

Oh

>So where exactly is the line?
Censorship, which only the government can do. Boycotting and banning from Internet communities (which are not public spaces, but private establishments) do not censor a person's freedom of speech: the person is still at liberty to express their opinion, and others are still at liberty to pay the person no mind if they're so inclined.

Degree of unironicality on Sup Forums is wonky.

I think it's a bit different to shitpost anonymously in shitposting thread, and shitpost while signing it with my name.
Also, that's a really lame shitposts, if you could pin this kind of shitposting on me, you'd be within your rights to think I'm a shitty shitposter.

This is why I fucking hate SJWs.

So that's showing you the door but in a literal way

i think my most hated one is the one where some guy says tits or gtfo in an irc chatroom or something and then some white knight busts through his door later and it's entirely cringe inducing

i don't remember which one it is thankfully

how many layers of irony are you on?

I think I found a less funny joke about rand
scp-wiki.net/scp-6327-j

If you need to create a fictional universe where perpetual motion machines exist to justify your politics, maybe you should examine your beliefs a bit more.

You thought he was joking?

>Censorship which only the government can do

>Randall Munroe sees an angry Twitter mob strong-arming an executive out of their career as fair "consequences" for not supporting gay marriage.
Well, considering the man seems to believe that an angry voting mob strong-arming homosexual couples out of their marriage as fair "consequence" for not being straight, I'm not seeing how this is any worse.

That's Dobson you idiot

I'd rather this kind of infographic than yet another "us nerds amiright". At least he put a lot of effort into this.

Remember when you were a teenager and thought xkcd was "epic"? How come you grew up but the author didn't?

On? Shouldn't it be under?

I wanna give the creator a wedgie and make Megan watch.

I really thought he meant it metaphorically

That's every internet cartoonist.

Another reminder: male homosexuality is probably caused by a pathogen.

jaymans.wordpress.com/2014/02/26/greg-cochrans-gay-germ-hypothesis-an-exercise-in-the-power-of-germs/

I think the guy got electro shocked or something?

how did they get him fired exactly?

I thought you sleep on irony like a pillow

Yes, because that has to do with his job.

Replace it with Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and Sup Forums would worship this strip