What went so horribly wrong?

What went so horribly wrong?
Why was this so bad?

I sure hope you're doing that thing where you want the people who think this was great to rally up against this thread, motherfucker, because you better be joking

>Why was this so bad?
Because it was a Marvel event. Assume shit unless proven otherwise.
I liked it, though.

Yeah it was significantly better than most of the garbage events Marvel publishes.

The American justice system is not built on the principal of robbing fools of their free will

I mean, it's shitty in lots of other ways, but what they were doing isn't functionally a lot different than just drugging the hell out of the prison population.

Also there is officially no one in the Marvel Universe I would trust with a cosmic cube now that Cap is a nazi. Maybe when Richard Rider gets back?

Nigga what? Standoff was fucking great. One of the few good crossover events Marvel has ever done.

Thing is that anyone that can be trusted to use a cosmic cube is also the type of person that would never use a cosmic cube on principle. If someone IS willing to use a cosmic cube, then chances are they can't be trusted with it.

Male Thor?

This.
Though I would argue that New Avengers really didn't need to be involved; but we got American Kaiju and the return of Cannonball out of it, so, whatever.

I really like Stand Off

The only thing that bothered me was, why the fucknwould you imprison super villains while wearing their costumes and gadgets? Why not strip them down to prison uniforms and THEN warp their reality?

Nah. Thor gets brainwashed to turn evil, like, every Thursday. He did it TWICE in Agent of Asgard.

Only problem I had was minor shit, like a bunch of dead villains being alive again, or Wrecker and Absorbing Man having entire issues dedicated to their escapes, only for them to still inexplicably be there in the finale.

>What went so horribly wrong?
Marvel event
>Why was this so bad?
Marvel event

What are you, new?

Are you sure you're not confusing it with Civil War II?

The ANAD Avengers and Uncanny Avengers tie-ins were pretty bad and just derailed those books. The rest of the issues were good though.

>a bunch of dead villains being alive again
Thanks Franklin.

The only thing I disliked about it was how it clearly derailed a bunch of the smaller books that got forced into doing tie-in, but that's more of a beef I have with Marvel in general.

That, and the way there wasn't a standalone 'event' miniseries, just a story that carries itself across 5 or 6 different series simultaneously. Marvel's done that with a few events and it seems to always just result in readers losing interest, despite it probably being an initiative to boost sales of low-performing series.

Franklin was a secret underdog fanboy for people like Slyde and Coldheart all along.

Makes sense. They're the kind of super-villains he could get behind. Just some good ol' fashion bank robbers.

>the way there wasn't a standalone 'event' miniseries
I mean, there basically was. This was just a Captain America story arc with tie-ins. it wasn't really a crossover.

If you read only the Standoff 0, Standoff Alpha, the three Captain America tie-in issues, then Standoff Omega then you get the entire story. All the other tie-ins didn't actually do anything to advance the plot and many times just contradicted what was clearly the core story being written by Spencer.

Well shit, just look at that.

That shit you posted right there.

That's supposed to entice me toward the event story? Fuck no.

Looking at that, no would want to read that shit.

So they fucked up right there. I haven't read that shit, but I'm sure it's shit.

I mean, look at it. Fuck that shit.

>whor
into the trash it goes