screencraft.org/screenwriting-contests/
withoutabox.com/
tblaunchpad.com/
filmfreeway.com/

bump

currently working on a script
just finished writing all of my story notes and outlines

really descriptive bro

Working on my first draft of a feature film screenplay, after finishing the outline and treatment.
It's about a headstrong JISD agent who is pulled back into the field to investigate the source of a series of cataclysmic cyber attacks which have crippled the NATO missile defense system. However, she begins to learn that these attacks may be more personal to her than initially believed.

I really do wish these kinds of threads had enough constant interest to warrant a general. It's ridiculous that we have letterboxd general and not a general dedicated to actual film production.

This is Sup Forums, user. It's hardly surprising.

In Italy, there's a shrine for St. Anthony. He's the patron saint of lost things. People go to this shrine and pin up pictures of things they've lost - family members, loved ones, relationships, children. Kind of as a testament to them.

I'm writing a script about a sort of spiritual journey a man takes to place a picture on this shrine.

It's a pretty simple story but I think it will be a very effective and intimate look at faith and grief.

/swg/ used to be a major feature of Sup Forums. Go on and check the archives. There was a major shift around 2008 (coincidentally when Iron Man was released) and it's gotten worse since then.

I made the first /swg/ thread on Sup Forums and it lasted for 9 days. Sup Forums will never be that sweet again.

I have a few feature scripts that all need revising, so I'm gonna work on that before starting anything new writing-wise. Also have a music video in the works, planning to shoot next month

Nice. What's the song?

What the fuck do they even do in those letterboxed generals?

I can't do stories about faith. In my opinion, you can't do it without it venturing into bad melodrama and cringey territory.

It's by a friend's band, they have a potential platform to get their music video a lot of views. I'm literally doing it for exposure, but that's because I know there's an actual chance of getting that exposure and I'm the one pushing to get it shot

Just got a job for photography and filming for this real estate investor. Best thing is he wants to do a more creative approach then the usual HGTV look. It'll be nice to see what I can do

I don't fucking know

Nice
Good luck user! Do your best!

sounds pretty good bro, are you Italian?

watch Silence or the Tree of Life, or many of Bergmann or Tarkovsky works

Get all your symbols and themes mapped out for this one, user

I have a question for any amateur film people, how do you work without a lot of sets. Do you write around the limits of locations?

None of you will be succesful, rich or famous.Just quit already.

Post ideas first

>Do you write around the limits of locations?
Yes. That's really your only option, if you don't have lots of options for sets. But, there's a lot that a silver tongue can get you, that you'd be surprised about. But, generally, barring that, you will have to write around your limitations until you start getting enough funding to pay for set designers and scouts.

no
go back to bane posting

The best I have is a forest area nearby, I was trying to make an action film just to tdip my toes in and learn from there. Also, any tips on filming exercises to practice?

I admire your positivity and admiration for but if you don't have connections or enough money you don't stand a chance.Stop with the childish dreams and get a real job, try not to disappoint your family.

shoot your own suicide and perform your own stunt, it would make your movie much better

This. Just post your best ideas and quit. They'd better not be copyrighted either but we can deal with that if they are, fucking faggot.

>any tips on filming exercises to practice?
You could look at other films, and try to copy the kind of shots that they use, just so you become familiar with some elements of composition. There's a lot to cover for someone who's completely new. Try google first.

i can smell your fedora

>hurr durr if you arent literally ejected from the womb with a the personal numbers of a dozen DGA execs and a check from MGM for 100 million dollars you're never going to make it
Pro tip, connections are made, and money is earned. Very few people are born with them. Those that do, have them because their parents did that before them.
Fuck off back to /r/athiesm with your nihilism fueled superiority complex. Not everyone has as weak a spine as you, some of us actually have the will and the way to work for what we want.
Admittedly, very few of us browse Sup Forums, but that doesn't change the fact.

What is that supposed to mean? The user I was replying too is very obviously new to film making. There's a lot of things like composition, lighting, choreography, etc, that he needs to learn, that isn't worth putting in a Sup Forums post when others have put it better online.

Have you made these connections?Do you earn the money?Just being realist pal, I believe in you but I've never seen a succesful person browsing Sup Forums.

Your fedora fucking stinks. Everyone can smell it bro

>why don't we have more screenwriting generals?
nevermind, I understand now

A gold advice for you stupid pretentious fucks, go to some SoundCloud rapper with thousands followers, offer him to shoot his video clips.No one will watch your 12 minutes long boring-ass student movies anyway.

The Writers Store in Burbank just shut down.

Have any of you ever been subscribed to The Blacklist?

That's because successful people are too busy being successful to browse Sup Forums, usually. I'm not schlepping it up at hollywood bar-mitzvahs but I have a few connections so far, and the highest budget film I've directed was 500k, but I'm getting there. Frankly, I don't really care about disappointing my family, I care about making movies. My family is already plenty well-off.

RIP
That's actually good advice. Though, I dont think students make student films to be watched... they do them for a grade.

Sup Forums really suits your writing style well.

I am. Never sent anything in though, because I've never written anything good enough.

>frankly

500k yeah more like 500 cents.You know you won't go anywhere kid, this place sucks people in.Once you're in, all you're gonna get from this place is anxiety, not good ideas.

If you're not an Ashkenazi Jew you're not making it kid, just end it.

That was an idea I had, thanks for the help. I'll definitely start with emulating scenes to get comfortable. Thanks!

Reddit is this side fucko ----->

But I'm pretty sure you know that since you're also looking for pretentious basement dwellers who's trying to be the next Kubrick like yourself.

Don't worry, nothing good happens in Letterboxd General anymore.

>posts edgy horror movie bts
>''just look for other films'' that was an idea i had
>getting comfortable

I'M LMAO'ing at your life neckbeard.

Is something wrong, buddy?

can someone link the thread from yesterday please

>looking for filmmaking advices on a Vietnamese cooking forum site

Do you think anyone, literally anyone succesful would visit this site?

Does it even exist?

>screenwriting for a decade
How's it going now?

Funny. I thought you could tell me....

He's still posting on Sup Forums, how do you think it went?

Those who measure their life in terms of successes are bound to only see the failures.

Welp, looks like Sup Forums showed up, shows over boys.

I own a home and a car and won two awards.

¿We just don't know?

Holy shit grandpa, nice bars.I like your fedora too.

Your mother's basement and your mother's car doesn't belong to you, Jason

When did you make your first film?Was it dogshit, I know it was dogshit but what did you do to improve?Can I use an iPhone 6S camera to work with, of course I can.You edit your movies with wich program?

I just thought it was a funny picture.

What are some good films set in a post-apocalyptic scenario with a very small intimate story? I'm writing something and need some inspiration. I'm thinking something along the lines of The Rover.

Then you're mentally(and I hope physically) 14.

DaVinci Resolve is pretty good for a free program

>post-apocalypic senario

I found the pretentious 12 year old.Literally grow up, everyone has that idea you stupid fuck.You're not special, special education maybe.

I mean I get that you want to be cool on the internet, but please find a more interesting way to do it, man. You're embarrassing only yourself.

pirate Adobe Premiere

kill yourself

Okay, sweetie.

Um, no sweetie.

Okay.

>When did you make your first film?
Animus, a short science fiction film about scientists fighting over the results of a test.
>Was it dogshit, I know it was dogshit but what did you do to improve?
I learned more about lighting and composition, and learned to do more pre-vis beforehand. Though, it also tought me a serious lesson about set design, and to work with a set in mind if you're on a low budget. Trying to create a science lab on a low budget is... not fun.
>Can I use an iPhone 6S camera to work with, of course I can.
o-ok
>You edit your movies with wich program?
Sony Vegas. I mostly use it because it's easy and really quick to work with, but my bigger projects use Avid because it's a fucking meme.

would you like a sweetie

youtube.com/watch?v=QXRikADmozs

What if halfway through writing a script you realise you have such a specific style of shoot in mind you'd have to direct it yourself.
A script you can just send off and pray it's good enough to get noticed, but how do you direct for the first time?

Let's say I'm a smart guy and I can pretty much design the whole scenes in my mind but technically, I know close to nothing and I really fear making a movie since it will look like dog poop.How can I catch something like a Tarkovsky shot?Not a movie, just a shot with that natural look.Is it just the camera and lighting?Also more advices would be welcomed, i know you want to mentor someone.

This is pretty bad, I can do much better than that with zero effort.Thanks for giving me relief, user.

>how do you direct for the first time?
By directing something simple. If you think it's a project that only you can shoot, hold onto it until you have the funds and experience.
By the way, you're pretty much never going to get anything made by "sending it in".

You probably won't be able to catch what's in your mind.

Yesterday I wrote an 8 page screenplay for (I guess) a short horror flick. Not sure what to do with it especially since it's only 8 pages.

Yeah yeah I know everyone here knows though, don't need to specify.
How would someone get a small low budget/homemade movie noticed though?

Now make it. A script is a blueprint.

Film festivals. Unlike screenwriting contests, Film Festivals will actually get you noticed, because it shows not only can you complete a whole film, but complete a good one. Plus, more directors attend festivals they've submitted to personally, so it's an absolutely great way to make connections and even get jobs. I got a couple PA jobs from going to festivals when I was young.

No budget, no actors. Need baby but have no baby.

Who can I give it to?

/fmg/ please leave

Storyboard it. Make a shotlist. Get some actors. Make it.

Let me elaborate. I have no interest in filming videos. I don't even have a camera.

>No budget, no actors
wrong
there are a huge amount of actors out there that will work for free, on the off chance they get exposure and the opportunity to work for money in the future. If you have money to buy lunch for a half dozen people for a day, you can make a movie. At 8 pages you're probably looking at about 8 hours of shooting. No problemo.

Cobble a budget together. Find actors. Why even care about it getting made if you don't want to put in the effort to do it?

Find someone else to shoot it for you. You'd still have to fund the production, probably, but you can find cameramen who do this stuff online for cheap.
>inb4 I also have no interest in directing
Then expand it into 80 pages, or send it into a screenwriting contest, dipshit. Then start working on something better.

This makes no sense. Why do you want it to be made then? Why not just be happy you have a script you wrote?

Appreciate it friend. I'll try to film some of the ideas I've had, see what happens.

Would setting one of these threads to automatically update then pointing a camera at it make a good film?

fucking meta my dude

anyone know where i can download scripts? I remember some anons used to link scripts in past threads

>wanting to become a filmmaker as a white male
Face it, your time is over. #OscarsSoWhite and Moonlight winning Best Picture signalled the end of white male supremacy in film.

What if I get a real job, make money, and then make a movie?

I know this is bait, but reading that screencap alone there is three instances of double think. Panic mode is real.