Are the Calhoun mice experiments the ultimate redpill?

Are the Calhoun mice experiments the ultimate redpill?

>Initially the population grew rapidly, doubling every 55 days. The population reached 620 by day 315, after which the population growth dropped markedly, doubling only every 145 days. The last surviving birth was on day 600, bringing the total population to a mere 2200 mice, even though the experiment setup allowed for as many as 3840 mice in terms of nesting space. This period between day 315 and day 600 saw a breakdown in social structure and in normal social behavior. Among the aberrations in behavior were the following: expulsion of young before weaning was complete, wounding of young, increase in homosexual behavior, inability of dominant males to maintain the defense of their territory and females, aggressive behavior of females, passivity of non-dominant males with increased attacks on each other which were not defended against. After day 600, the social breakdown continued and the population declined toward extinction. During this period females ceased to reproduce. Their male counterparts withdrew completely, never engaging in courtship or fighting. They ate, drank, slept, and groomed themselves – all solitary pursuits. Sleek, healthy coats and an absence of scars characterized these males. They were dubbed "the beautiful ones." Breeding never resumed and behavior patterns were permanently changed. The conclusions drawn from this experiment were that when all available space is taken and all social roles filled, competition and the stresses experienced by the individuals will result in a total breakdown in complex social behaviors, ultimately resulting in the demise of the population.

>people go crazy when bored
BRAVO SCIENTISTS
R
A
V
O

Calhoun and NIHM were shutdown prematurely and it's one of the greatest tragedies in scientific research. We have so much more to learn about the behavioral sink and oversocialization, but the government just decided they'd give everyone ritalin and prozac and lithium instead.

>Otakus are a result of a society with no pressures

I guess I'm a beautiful one

Who /lonely virgin/ here

>Are the Calhoun mice experiments the ultimate redpill?
No, but close. They're the ultimate blackpill. The experiment is so reflective of our contemporary society it's downright spooky. Whenever I start getting optimistic about the future of our civilization, I remember this experiment and realize the future could be extremely bleak for us all. This isn't something I or any one person can fix on our own. This is a sickness of our society as a whole, and even if every member of our society were to be made aware of the societal sink concept and we all came to understand our self-destruction, I'm not sure we could overcome it. It may just be God's or mother nature's (or however you want to see it) way of correcting populations that become too successful for their own good and get out of hand.

As interesting as it is, I try not to think about it too often because it's also very sad. Maybe there's still hope, though. If we are able to colonize space or something before we fully self-destruct, we might last indefinitely. Though there are probably countless unforeseeable problems that go along with that as well.

Just because I am alone, doesn't mean that I'm lonely. IMHO there is no time that I feel more lonely than when I try to reach out to another person and am met with either confusion, suspicion, or outright hostility.

Also, don't get hung up on sex, it's really not that great. Seriously.

The question begs to what extent this is comparable to Western civilization. Human civilizations, as opposed to this experiment, do not live in isolation.

Thus, a very interesting follow-up experiment would be to see how the experiment population would react when new, "unspoiled" mice enter the game.

Do this at the end-phase (when "beautiful ones" appear) and in numbers of 1:5 or 1:3, and you a a good replication of the current Western civilization.

I know what you mean about loneliness. I just want to cuddle someone and feel less pathetic with.

They aren't bored, they're comfy. Too comfy.

Gay.

Still misses out the fact that humans still need to work for food and have to maintain their health.

The mice were provided with this so the human equivalent is more like a jail than actual society.

What is interesting is why when the population dropped it never recovered, something happened to the spirit - for want of a better word - of the mice.

>Humans don't live in isolation
>stuck on a single floating spheroid

Sure, whatever you say.

So this is why the leftists are setting up wars and conflicts. It keeps society on its toes! If we become too complacent then we will go extinct. We have to kill each other in order to survive! I see why they are doing it now! Good god, maybe I should vote Shillary, let her plunge us into WW3, and give humanity something to fight for. Or, you know, hope Trump gets in and save shit tons of money and kick the parasites out, then become comfy and laugh as the rest of the world blows its self up.

Medication isn't even working. Birth rates are collapsing and it's due to this effect.

This story is what led me to become a Nazi. You need a strong government to stop this die off. Humanity will end like this if we aren't careful. We may just willfully go extinct, pathetically. That's far more likely than a nuclear war or plague wiping us out.

Follow-up experiments were never funded because the results were too depressing.

What do you imagine happens when humans develop AI and the AI cares for us and our every need? Mind you, half of scientists think we'll have human-level AI by 2050.

He's talking about population in isolation, not the species as a whole. There's no "immigration" in this experiment.

A warrior doesn't put points in intellect does he?

A wizard need not put his knowledgr points into sex

Become a true knowledge wizard and solve the Universe

Make Plato look like a fool

Reminds me of the plot of the Dune novel.