Anyone actually seen this? How bad was it?

Anyone actually seen this? How bad was it?

Easily the best pleb filter of 2017

It's not a movie for retarded drumpflets, it actually requires a sense of humour from its viewer. That being said it's the first film to make me LOL IRL (laugh out loud in real life) from start to finish since The LEGO Movie (2014), but The Emoji Movie (2017) far surpasses The LEGO Movie (2014) both artistically and comedically. It's a non-stop comedy romp that is fun for all ages, but most of the jokes are geared towards mature intellectual people.

>be Sony
>"let's get 2 producers!"
>they disagree on everything
> $50000000 on McDonald's
>emoji movie

The Emoji Movie made back $150 million on its opening night. Sony has officially unJUSTed themselves.

Not that bad. It's also cheap compared to most other animated films. Interesting in that it's not actually an advertisement for any company, despite it seeming like it should be (unlike LEGO movie, a long commercial... from the creators of Clone High!)

>not actually an advertisement for any company
Nigga, there's a whole scene dedicated to the characters playing Candy Crush.

And every other app available on a phone. Context matters.

Candy Crush isn't a company you fucking idiot. Kill yourself

Thanks user I'll be sure to spend $27.50 plus tip on this movie

But was it RAUNCHY?
Was it at all litty?

>Both artistically and comedically
Impressive, very nice.

That is awesome to hear my man! :) (

There are camrips up since yesterday, I might watch it if I feel masochistic later

Who do you think made Candy Crush you mouth breather?

I love the poop emoji how do they get away with it is it about le drumpf xdddd

Meant for

Thanks for admitting to committing a FELONY you fucking idiot. You are fucked, FUCKED. Do you have any idea how many heartfelt hours were put into The Emoji Movie? Can you fathom the amount of blood, sweat and tears that went into this project from the entire cast and crew? I hope you have a fucking stroke when you watch it from laughing so hard, it'll serve you right for stealing from original content creators.

>How bad was it?

Zynga which is a game studio NOT a company. Kill yourself.

>watching a camrip instead of going to see it in theaters
Why do plebs take pride in watching low quality rips of good movies?

It's an ad for Sonys bid to copyright emojis and emoji merchandise. Not even shitting you

>hurr dur companys shouldnt be able to copyright their ideas if i like them
KYS

Me and the missus loved it! Our favorite emoji was Poop (Patrick Stewart)

I don't really see a point to watching it.

>emojis
>their idea

You posted the version from the night before release. They made over $100 million just in America alone. It's the biggest box office hit since The LEGO Movie.

Any movie ever.

Sony invented the first on screen "emoticons" in 1987. If anyone has the right to copyright "emojis", Sony definitely does.

Zynga is a fucking company you fucking retard, with stocks, employees and a CEO, are you 12?

Zynga is a business you retarded faggot, NOT a "company". They only have employees on their game dev team, Zynga Inc is a seperete intity you fucking idiot

Oh I'm so sorry I didn't realize the game development branch of a corporation is completely unrelated.
You're so right!
Thank god or the movie would have been shilling otherwise!

I didn't know you had to be a US citizen to talk shit about Trump

I know your saying this to be sarcastic but its true, dipshit. I hope your family gets brain cancer

It's honestly baffling to me who this movie is for.

Every attempt at humor is some shitty pun (Monkey business, shrimp on the barbie) that only a 5 year old would laugh at. But 5 year olds don't text eachother or use emojis. It's also got a really weird amount of on screen character death, including a little imagined sequence during the candy crush bit where the main character violently bursts in a way even Dobson would shudder at. It's kind of like that one joke in Up where the old man imagines what would happen if he just dangled the kid from his house using the hose, except there it was funny instead of shocking. They die SCREAMING too which is just off putting.

Every character is the most obnoxious, unlikable character, and the plot is driven by the human characters not understanding how their own phones work, despite their phones being what their entire lives are wrapped up in. You don't get any sense that this world exists beyond the boundaries of the movie, like this is the very first day all these characters, their world, and their problems existed. The Smiley character is the only one who gets anything that comes close to being slightly funny, but she's probably one of the most obnoxious character designs I've ever seen.

I'm very excited to see what hot mess Sony's incompetence delivers to us next

If I keep arguing with you I might, so I'll cut my losses.

You already do, fuckycucky brain cancer spazzy boy. Begone and never return, you human shit.

Not bait, can someone tell me why so many people are freaking out over Patrick Stewart? He's only been in roles for man children. Do people actually take Star Trek and X-Men seriously enough to consider him an actor of any high standard?

Why does bald meme man look like plastic in that picture?

>only been in roles for man children

Dude was an acclaimed theatre actor and had numerous appearances in television series long before Star Trek. You're out of your depth here.

Ahh these shill threads, not even small kids like this shit movie, and they basically like anything with nice colors.

>It's a non-stop comedy romp that is fun for all ages
topkek

Of course fedora-tipping redditors can't grasp multi-layered ironic satire when they see it.

I just watched it and I was literally in shock by how one thing can be so kíno. It wasn't meant to be a comedy; it wasn't meant to be a kids movie. It was supposed to be watched as an allegory for the modern world's blind acceptance of anything that's presented as being cool just for its own sake. The very act of watching the movie was it telling you "See? You like to use emojis everyday and so does everyone around you so you have to watch this because you're part of the grotesque machine that is modern pop culture".

The screen was laughing at me and I enjoyed every moment of it. Of course Reddictor McAtheists won't ever understand that, their small "le epic upboat XD" brains could never allow them to pull their heads out of their asses and really appreciate the art that is Le Filmé Emojie. Fuck reddit, man. The movie was great.

This!!! Omg i was PISSING the entire movie. The aisles were running with PISS RIVERS because of how LITTY this KINO was. Not for the haters!! You gotta be Woke to catch all this brilliant comedy.

Not to mention he's had numerous such roles AFTER Star Trek as well.

This thread is on so many layers of irony I don't even know what's real anymore.

The most prominent being his role in The Emoji Movie (2017) as Poop.

I started giggling like a retard when you explained what the acronyms stood for

It's not a particularly clever meme at all but it tickles my funny bone every time

>Irony
Lol, sounds more like you got youre feelings hurt because some people don't agree with you. Waaah

Get used to it bitch, true patrician tastes aren't going to continue sitting on the sidelines while you facists spam your shitty capeshit and other garbage. This site is ours now.

THIS.
Drumpflets BTFO

>Men are always stealing the achievements of women
>Said by a female """""programmer"""""
I fucking left the theater, I honestly don't know how good the movie was after that, but based on that line and character, I'm going to assume it's shit.

Is that actually in the movie?

Check out Pepe the frog's HILARIOUS reaction to this modern comedy classic!

Where?

It's like the lego movie but cheaper and instead of being about kid's imaginations it's about sending an XD EPIC TEXT to a girl. It also unironically celebrates gen z short attention spans and short vocabulary

Time to make Pedophile the movie. I mean what's stopping it from being made?

Going straight from emojis to pedophiles? Quite the leap there m8