How come they didn't enter the room?

How come they didn't enter the room?

they feared it might make them sudoku

what movie

get off this board cunt

Getting what you always wanted might not live up to your expectations.

The all knew, the zone itself as well, that none of them deserved it

I couldn't find that on IMDB

hmmm

The whole movie up to that point thematically builds to that decision (or at least the Zone portion), so I guess you should watch it again

They were afraid they were going to win 1 million dollars, like the guy whose brother had died, and since they were terrified of money and becoming rich, they left. It's in the character.

The Room grants the user their innermost wish, but not necessarily the one they came for. If you remember Porcupine, he wanted to use the Room to bring his dead brother back to life, but instead he was granted immense wealth, because that was his fundamental wish before his brother died. Obviously this wasn't what he wanted because the grief caused by his misplaced wish drove him to suicide.

Cтaлкep

it was what he wanted. that was the point.

They fear that their most inner desired wish, not the one they came with to the room in mind, would be granted

kys (2017)

movie?

Low budget and low creativity is the real answer

they learned everything they needed to before entering it. that was the point. they all reached their own (albeit depressing) conclusions and continued on with the status quo

This. The journey is the destination.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (1999)

Can you guys elaborate a bit as to what the zone was? It's confusing as fuck to me.

They realized their true wish was traveling the zone together as friends.

the zone was an entity of celestial origin that made impact in russia. when the government realized that the zone (which has booby traps to dissuade the average joe from entering) had supernatural powers to grant those who entered their greatest desires, they made a barrier to keep those away from it. being a stalker of course is the profession of being hired to bypass the personnel guarding the zone and let those who pay them money to attain their deepest wishes

A place where the fundamental laws of nature are different. I think there was some vague suggestion it was caused by something falling from space maybe, I'm not sure, the origin of it is ultimately not important.

What's your interpretation of the symbolic meaning of the zone?

Google says thats a video game

Oh and there's also a theory that it's all a dream, considering how it switches to colour and the cart ride has a "lulling to sleep" effect, then they're suddenly just there without ever having "arrived", like how you can never pinpoint the moment you went to sleep. Personally I don't think it I'd meant to be a dream, just make the Zone feel dream-like for the viewer.

The movie's called Stalker, you pleb.

basically that the zone cannot truly give you what you want, and what you learn while evaluating yourself through the twists and turns of the zone ended up changing the minds of not only the professor and writer, but also the stalker himself, all of whom have a changed perspective upon finally leaving the area. the professor felt no need to destroy the zone, the writer realized he could not receive personal gain from the zone, and the stalker finally saw that his wife and "monkey," despite their own problems, were still a grounding force in his life and that he need not escape to the zone to fulfill his personal goals of power

The human psyche, it's a journey of introspection. I think.

The Zone represents in the perspectives we follow the Stalker's desire for a place to belong to. This is made certain in their peculiar connection to the Zone and their desire to return again. In a way, the Zone is to them a fulfilled wish. What the Zone is changes from person to person, but what is certain is that it's an area where the normal is replaced with a different normal.

where can i download criterion version?

A NU CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE

PAPALI PAPALI CYKA

>file name
>reverse image search
>not knowing what movie this is = obvious reddit fag

leave this place

What I interpreted is that through the journey writer realized that what he wanted (to be a better writer) wasnt going to make him happy, and since Stalker made him go first he also channeled that anger into calling Stalker and the Zone full of shit

And since Professor wanted to blow the place up he chose professor's side as a "fuck you" to the Zone and Stalker, but ultimately as a "fuck you" to himself for feeling so empty and meaningless

how did you know I like reddit

He literally explained it in his post

This is mostly correct. I would also add that even if they do turn out to be right about the room everyone who has entered and all the fantastic legends about it turning out to be true on the official accounts kill themselves shortly afterwards.

is there any connection between the zone/the room and the telekinetic daughter?

There is an ambiguity as to whether this is telekinesis or simply the train making the ground shake. Monkey's scenes being shot in color like the environments of the Zone suggests she was affected by it, but much like the characters of the film the viewer can choose not have faith in it.

it is tbqh family

kill yourself, fucking faggot.

>Tarkovski
>low creativity
pick one faggot

Stalker (1979)

Thanks

they did though