If Steven Universe was a live action series had the budget of Game of Thrones or something...

If Steven Universe was a live action series had the budget of Game of Thrones or something, and was on a premium network like HBO, do you think it would be popular? Would it be good? Would you watch it?

No

Grown people acting like SU characters would be really difficult to watch even for normies

No
No, only with waifufags
No, unless there was absolutely nothing to watch.

You'd have to cut out all the townie stuff, all of it, for it to be remotely accessible to normies.

It's not much worse than your typical CW series after season 2.

I think it works better as a cartoon

Holy shit a hundred times fucking no. SU is one of those shows where, if translated to real life, would be plagued with horrible aesthetic and cringy acting. The magical girl thing Is not meant for live action.

Crying Thirsty Lesbians and their effeminate adopted son.

It would win all the awards.

Aslong as there tits i dont care

Even MLP has better chances than that. SU's artstyle is ugly as sin already. It can only go downhill with actors.

>another Lapis cosplayer who doesn't give a shit whether or not her wig looks anything like the character's hair, so long as it's the right color

Shut up you cuck

all you need is a SAC motoko kusanagi wig.

it would all be up to marketing
it would never work with the 11 minute format but if you compress four episodes into one i feel the amounts of filler and lore balance each other out a little better

but then it also depends on how out there they decide to go with the visuals, are we talking something on the level of lazy town cartooniness or more grounded?

There are no actors good enough to play Steven Universe characters

Also the gems wouldn't look very good

I just imagined robbie rotten fuckinng around beach city

No
No
Yes, would pirate

For every strong ep like Bismuth and Mirror Gem you get all this mundane shit in between

Yeah, I can't think of anybody who could pull a decent Pearl, maybe that lesbo chick from the Dr Strange movie and even that's a stretch

What? Normies would love town shit if its well written.

Only ones triggered by that are lore fags.

Show fails because you can't translate dem hips to live action.

>What? Normies would love town shit if its well written.

But it isn't.

NONE of this shit is well written.

At this point the question becomes "Would Steven Universe be more popular if it were live action and had a bunch of money put into it and were better written and for a different audience".

At that point there's no fucking point. Lorefags are already a bunch of delusional idiots masturbating over what's essentially just Transformers. It'd be the most generic ass show in the world and it'd be forgotten in ten minutes if you ever actually just laid the cards on the table.

>live action
no that's retar-
>gems now actually have boobs

eh maybe

Honestly, he would fit right in. Steven needs a sort-of-pal who identifies and acts as a villain but isn't really capable of hurting other people. Peridot could have been this if she'd developed one blip less as a character.

GoT has just enough weird magical shit to cover with CGI

Doing the early season 1 shit with the corrupted gems would require ungodly amounts of it and I think the look would suffer

And in general, no, I'd prefer animation

I love how people fap over the lore when it's being drip fed so people have time to masturbate over tiny bits and pieces without realizing the showrunners are probably just making it up as they go along

Considering we're talking about an 11 min kids cartoon becoming live action, I think its safe to say 98% of it would need to change anyways.

The show for what it is, is written well. Its not meant to be transformers for girls, 2deep4u, or working without stop to a good plot. Its just a story about a kid growing up and his interactions. His interactions are did used to teach a lessen of sorts to the audience and has space gems attached to it for fun.

Everything else though, I agree that it just wouldn't work. I would honestly even question if this team could even pull off a full animated movie similar to Ego Trip rather than PPG: The Movie.

how about an animated SU with a game of thrones budget ?

It would be shit and retarded.

They should fund an anime of it instead, that would have worked.

>brony detected
gtfo

It worked for Twin Peaks.

>well written
>steven universe
Pick one.

from where is this comic ?

Get this garbage off Sup Forums

fuck no faget

Besides kids who have never seen breasts since feeding, I'm pretty sure you've solidified yourself as the most idiotic OP in recent history.

Not as a drama show like GoT, no. But a half-hour sitcom? It could work. Looking at the Paintball episodes from Community, I think you can mix humor and action on a live-action set. Hell, most sitcoms are live-action cartoons already

The subtle lesbians will were actual 100% full-on uncensored lesbos [GONE SEXUAL] [GONE TRIGGERED] [IN THE HOOD].

18+

hola reddit

Given Once Upon a Time's relation to the Disney Canon, I'm pretty sure that there'd be so many changes in aesthetics and tone that it wouldn't really be Steven Universe anymore.

SU is way more expensive to make by the hour than game of meme

Yes
No
...yes

I don't think the alien body types of the gems could be translated very well to live action without insane CGI

Yes, even if they just add stuff like better lightning and better drawn characters.
Maybe a little bit more intelligent lore and better storytelling.

what kind of question is this?
did someone make fun of you for liking the cartoon and now you need to justify it in a different context?

I fucking hate Steven Universe so God damn much that it hurts.

God fucking forbid.

When are you SU retards finally going to get your autism under control?