What are the differences

What are the differences

Where is better to live

Where is better to visit

Literally where

Flames or Oilers?

Both are ok if you can handle the cold. Edmonton is more blue collar, has lots of Ukrainian muh heritage stuff, and has more drunken misbehaving natives. Calgary is slightly bigger, has chinook winds in winter, and white collar businessmen who wear cowboy hats and boots.

Edmonton also has a far better job market. Calgary is where you live if you have a lot of money, Edmonton is where you live to make a lot of money.

t.Edmontonian ( Calgary is far nicer in almost every way )

Both are good places to live if you don't mind the cold, but neither of them are really worth visiting as a tourist, they are just big fly-over cities. I guess Calgary is better because you can drive to the Rockies in an hour, but there's not much for tourists to do in the city.

I would be so mad if someone recommended Edmonton to me as a foreigner. Expensive and nothing to do but drink with the dregs on Whyte.

Edmonton will be a battle field and destroyed by mobile suits in near future

It freaks me out how clean and safe Calgary is, it doesn't seem like a real city. Edmonton is grittier, has more character, and is slightly more affordable. I also like the Oilers and Eskimos more than the Flames and Stampeders. I guess I would choose to live in Edmonton.

I live in Edmonton, it's a dump outside the suburbs.

Calgary seems kinda similar to Denver (my city) geographically speaking. Landlocked and on the east side of the rockies

Surprised to see this thread, I'm from Edmonton.

>it's fine/ok
>dreary in winter (esp this time of year)
>generally, people I come across lack openness in a social sense (unless drunk)
>boring, but you can still have fun if you try
>some parts are really ugly/sketchy

I had a crisis about living here last week, I love Europe, I wish I lived there.

Calgary feels pretty much the same to me except there are less homeless people and people are dressed better.

Twister fucked it pretty bad in '87, so...meh. Hey, at least both of you are doing better than Fort McFlarey.

3rd largest mall in the world!

Edmonton has more chuggs so beware.

Yeah, I guess there are a lot of attractions there, I like going to the water park sometimes.

rood
but yeah, ill admit. Its mostly downtown where the drunk natives hang.
All of the other natives like myself even avoid them

Generic north american sprawl with glass boxes in the center. Quebec is better.

I'm also native. While being empathetic I can't help be resent the fact that the crazy drunken natives ruin our reputation.

Niagara on the Lake is better.

Pretty much this. Never experienced racism myself, but i know people still have that mindset of “drunken indian” when they see any native person. Sucks

I have no idea what Calgary is like, but fuck me, coming to Edmonton from Europe was one of the worst things that I could have imagined if it wasnt for the jerbs.

UofA is literally Asia with upper class thots thinking they are the shit.

Whyte ave is full of drunken pieces of shit. (If you were to thump one the Canadian law would fuck you up)

Downtown is full of homeless junkies.

North Edmonton is full of Arabs which are often involved in crime.

South Edmonton is full of rich people (Other than Mill Woods) who dont even interact with other people and there is no sense of community there.

This place is a fucking joke, all there is to do is go to the gym/school/work + im freezing 8/12 months of the year.

I had to move to the fucking Yukon to get away from el creaturas