How long have your ancestors been in the United States?

How long have your ancestors been in the United States?

I am a 12th generation American.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Dexter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stockton_(Continental_Congressman)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Brooke_Sr.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dred_Scott_v._Sandford
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star-Spangled_Banner
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

5 I think.. can I stay?

Father's side? I'm the 4th generation born here. They were in Canada prior to that since the 1700s.

Mother's side? 5th generation.

I think the Revolutionary War should be the cutoff but that wouldn't include my moms potato nigger side (I'm 4th gen on that side)

1700s on my dad's side. I only have record of this because one of my great grandfathers lived an exceptionally long life.

And my mom's ancestors immigrated to the US from Spain and Italy in the 1800s just before the Civil War broke out.

I'm also 1/8th Native American.

Been here since 1620. Came over on a little boat called the mayflower.

15th generation according to genealogical records and legal documents. They fought in the revolution, voted for Washington, ratified the constitution and set up the country and government. They never once assimilated into another culture or learned another language to fit in. No "immigrants" in my bloodline.

You all should go back if you want to spread myths about how "immigrants built this country" or other inane drivel.

Scotbro here,
Two of my directly related ancestors got captured after the first Jacobite uprising and got sent to Maryland.

First generation from my dad's side. with my mom's side is she is half native American since my great grandma who was pure native remarried to a mexican to escape persecution after her husband was killed by the white man. But I'm pretty sure the tribe has been around for a while

im 1/128th Sioux, sooooo basically forever. give me reparations for the genocide of my people.

11th on my mothers 8th on my fathers

Since 1762, Virginia Colony

from next week

Since 1607 came over on the ships to James town. My dad traced our family to the 15th century.

inb4 indians

The earliest I can find was born in Massachusetts in 1640, which is ...a lot of generations. His great grandson John Eastman fought against the Brits in the revolutionary war

>tfw 1st gen
>tanned murican

Since the mayflower

Since 1716 in Spanish Texas
They were Spanish missionaries

3rd or 4th I believe
Came from Quebec to the Washington frontier before it was a formal state

Both sides go back to the colonies. Was surprised to learn it after family did the Ancestry thing. Thought for sure most would be later, from the Ellis Island-era influx. Might even be related to a colonial governor of South Carolina.

Lmao at this thread. The overwhelming majority of Americans came over after 1850 and yet all you deluded faggots think you've been here since the beginning because you want to be a true American. Face it. You've still got dirt in your genes.

Mothers side came in the country in the 1680s from hartmannshain Germany. Fathers side is Seneca Indian and been here forever but I can only trace it back to 1820 with a guy name Asa tallchief.

Projecting pretty hard there, Franz.

1600's. Family signed Declaration of Independence.

Moms family since the late 1600s Dads family since 1735, feels good man

>I think the Revolutionary War should be the cutoff
I'd say the Mexican American war

MUH HERITAGE no one gives a shit you pathetic oxygen thief

>irish come in
>omfg ashdafnangjnannfjvae

>jews, Italians and other mobsters come in
>muh nation of immigrants

One of my ancestors came over on they mayflower, im also distantly related to george washington. Im half american mutt.

But im half purebread german (great grandpappy was part of operation paperclip)

I know that on my mother's side we had some family in Belleville, IL back in the 1850s at least, and my great-great grandfather was full blooded Native. Haven't traced it further because I'm lazy. Don't know shit about my dad's side, other than the fact that my last name might not even be my real last name.

>overwhelming majority of Americans came over after 1850

Sauce?

1, if you can't my grandfather being born in southern Germany, but moving to the U.S when he was young.

My family has been on this continent since before the United States were united. Bullshit on being 12th generation; that's not even possible.

My mom's family fled to the US from Italy at the beginning of WW2, dad's family has been here forever.

2nd generation. Mother is Canadian and Father is from Austria. Both families immigrated in the 60's

since the 1560s

The first person born on what would become American shores with my last name (it's a rare one) was a member of the Philadelphia chapter of the Sons of Liberty. He fought under General Washington during the Revolutionary War.

Splendid, when do you leave?

That's fucking impressive. Which signatory?

you don't even exist anymore
and when you did exist, you didn't build anything or do anything
Mesoamerican people were way more cool than you, at least they had pyramids.

People who died of smallpox from blankets can be quiet and drink some cod oil.

Go back across the Bering land bridge, Tonto.

The Americas are clearly for autochthonous animal species only.

Lineage of Richard Henderson.
So quite a while.

When you are smart enough to utilize resources.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly after the mid 1800s on both sides but I am 1/16th injun so there's that.

You can't talk to me like that, I'm 1/16th Cherokee!

Most of my family were anglos/scots and can trace their history here to the colonial era; however, I do have have an ethnically german grandmother and a second generation wop great grandfather.

I doubt many people on this continent are still purebred colonial british.

One of my branches arrived in 1654

Never been there and plan to keep it that way.

The actual date, since the man was a pirate settling down to get out of his life of crime and so not very interested in creating a paper trail, but he arrived some time in the first half of the 1600s.

I though Mongols wanted to conquer the whole world?

muh shart in mart heritage lol

I moved to America from post-apartheid SA in the 90s, and while I was only 6 months and consider myself an American first, even if I was born in an African country (but still being white)

I know a couple South Africans, you guys seem to be pretty based.

Lol family legend, you have no clue.

Sense the third Jamestown expedition on my Father's side. Mother's family arrived in the first decade of the 18th century

I've done the ancestry.com thing and based on information I already had on hand, my ancestors arrived here in the early 1600s - from there, a couple offspring were signers of the Declaration of Independence. As far as my last name - that ancestor didn't come over until 1830.

POO IN MALL

There's a city in Virginia that dates back to colonial times that bears my family name. My name is pretty uncommon (like, ~100 people in the US have it) so I'm pretty sure it was named after an ancestor of mine.

Don't know as much about my mom's side. My maternal grandmother's family fought for the confederacy and we're plantation owners who owned slaves, and my great grandfather owned an oil company and actually struck it rich in the 30s. Don't know that side of the family as well though, my grandma got shunned for marrying my 2nd generation potato nigger grandfather.

So at best, I can claim ancestry going back to colonial times, at worst I'm 4th generation Irish.

*yawn* tired old memes trying to be cute asking about "when do you leave?"

Great grandfather on dad's paternal side came to the US from Germany after WW1.

Dad's maternal side were plantation owners in the Carolinas and have the most documented family history (they came from GB long before independence.)

Mom's paternal side came here from Scotland in the late 1800's.

Mom's maternal side is full blown Cherokee.

So around half my ancestors were here before the US became independent.

My Ancestors have wikipedia pages.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Dexter
What do you have?

Airtight logic, faggot. No one alive today was born before 1850, but what does that really add to the conversation?

Eat shit paki.

Here's my ancestor (vaguely mentioned in a recent post):
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stockton_(Continental_Congressman)

how do i find my ancestors Sup Forums?

>Your ancestors didn't sign the declaration of independence
Feels horrible

Is public defecation allowed in Kuwait? I always wondered how Americans overseas cope with not being able to shart in mart.

1640 here. My Family wasn't religious lunatics. Came after the Jeezus boat.

Start with ancestry.com and go from there. Would be helpful if you have any info that you can fill in the blanks as you go along.

I love this spicy new meem

The Armstrongs have been in America for GENERATIONS!

Since the 1600s. A bit of family trivia as it relates to Sup Forums: my grandfather was governor of Maryland for a short time. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Brooke_Sr. You may recognize one of his grandsons from this famous SC ruling: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dred_Scott_v._Sandford who was husband to the sister of the chap that wrote the lyrics to this fine old standard you may be hearing from time to time in these Olympics: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star-Spangled_Banner

Barack, you have to go back.

most sincerely,
t. William Poole

Revolutionary War
In 1776, Stockton was elected to the Second Continental Congress, where he took a very active role. That August, when elections were held for the state governments of the new nation, Stockton and William Livingston each received the same number of votes to be the Governor of New Jersey on the first ballot. Although Livingston later won the election by one vote, Stockton was unanimously elected to serve as the Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court, but he turned down that position to remain in the Congress. Stockton was the first person from New Jersey to sign the Declaration of Independence.

Got a Jacobite in my line, too.

>and when you did exist, you didn't build anything or do anything
so what ? it's their land anyway

Yank on a trip here. Since the foundation and first settlements. Maine and Upstate New York English master race.

19 generations from the mayflower to my son. On my moms side we go back to richard warren and john alden through her mom and dad respectively.

My son got jnto some trouble doing a school presentation on this. Apparently being proud of your european ancestors and wanting to talk about that is tantamout to disparaging others. While this is obviously ridiculous , it is what it is.

My son and i have started traveling to the places where our ancestors live including newton, mass, braintree mass and st johnsbury vermont. Badass. Good times.

1st gen

I'm a 2nd generation a American, since the 80's basically. None of us live there anymore though.

You're gonna to want to talk to these fellas:

1734. From the Palatinate region of Germany.

Unfortunately one side of me was very new and degenerate and I get to suffer the consequences of having been bred from a drug addict.

The other side since the first settlements at Massachusetts. I always thought they were just exaggerating until the day my grandmother started getting things together to preserve as she's getting older. Turns out they kept a lot of paperwork and old documents. She's having us help her store them and get them digitized for preservation.

You cannot comprehend my anger at the fact that all of my extended family has never bred.
All of my closer family current gen either has no intention to breed(This hasn't changed even after a decade) or was sterile.
Leaving only me for bloodline. Extended and close family have both told me as much.
If you're thinking, "well why is that bad, you're here obviously you're probably going to want a family. Doesn't mean they WILL inherent the disorders". There's another thing. That drug addict was non-white, Mexican. No matter what, all that history in white Europeans of the blood line rests on me. A half-breed who inherited his druggie fathers skin color.
Thanks, hippy era.

Fucking degenerate beaners. That's life.

Third all around... My Paternal grandparents were both born in Russia, and my Maternal grandparents were both born in Sicily.

Indians in the US had no concept of land ownership or private property, so how can they claim ownership now? They were migrant hunter-gatherers with no permanent settlements.

The Mesoamericans had cities, villages, and utilized farmland. That shows they had a concept of land ownership, and an actual claim to their territories.

Does anyone have the really extended version of this?

3rd gen from Italian immigrants but 4th from Czech and 6th+ from British. How does it work exactly when you have ancestors who came at different times?

I hope to be a first generation American one day.

They claimed rights to hunting land for their tribes.

Since at least 1764.

yeah so what ? they were there first. is some backwardness in srilanka your responsibility too ?

same here f a m.

Greatx7 Grandfather came from Germany to NY in the early 19th century, but on my mother's side I have Dutch ancestry going back to the days of New Netherland/Amsterdam

We settled with stephen f Austin. Not sure how long we were here before that.
I am also half indian, so forever.

>Wanting to board a sinking ship.

Since the 1870s

Mother's side, I'm the first.
Father's side, I'm the third. Grandparents came here before WW2.

Actually the Native Americans that were there aren't even the first wave of habitation of the Americas, the first wave are more similar to indigenous South Americans. Then again who would expect an Indonesian to have any clue about human evolution or migration

>Not realizing all our ships are sinking