So where's his cold breath? This version of Supes just not have it?

So where's his cold breath? This version of Supes just not have it?

They don't have Ice Breaker Mints in that universe

No. Cold breath is a silly power and this is a superhero franchise that's trying to be taken seriously and be grounded and realistic

He obtains it shortly after he weeps from human scorn.

He rarely uses it in the comics, OP. It might as well not exist.

This, It would come off as absurdist & slapstick in the context of the rest of the 2 films.

But there's nothing silly about Superman shooting lasers from his eyes?

No. Eye lasers are badass and tested well with the focus groups and test audiences.

Same reason they'd never introduce Aquaman in the franchise.

Heat vision is the coolest shit next to flight among Superman's powers etc. Cold breath is at the bottom of the list behind growing your fingernails at will.

When Supes had Zod in that hold, before he killed him, I thought Supes was gonna freeze breath him in the head or something. You know, beat Zod with an ability that Zod and even the audience didn't know he had yet.

On the contrary, expanding gases cool, so his ice breath would be his most realistic skill.

you forgot shooting midgets from his hands

The only thing that makes it uncool is that it's cold *breath* which makes it look like something a sorcerer in a 50s cartoon would do. Cold powers are cool.

After he comes back. He'll also have his supernova,

Dude, wouldn't you want to blast shit with your eyes?

/thread

I hate how much you shitstains WANT to hate Snyder.

He thinks heat vision is cool. If he wanted ice breath, he would find a way to do it that felt right to him.

It's one of the lesser powers, there''s nothing wrong with him getting him in later movies

Who says he doesn't? Maybe he just hasn't seen the opportunity arise for him to use it.

Nothing about Aquaman is inherently silly in comparison to the freeze breath.
His outfit is only silly if they make it orange & not gold/bronze metalic.
Mentally influencing aquatic sea life isn't silly.
This notion that Aquaman won't translate well is absurd.

>superhero franchise
>be taken seriously and be grounded and realistic

>Mentally influencing aquatic sea life
You're really trying to make talking to fish sound not silly.

I hope he's just saving it for later. Maybe his training with the JL will allow him to realize some of his other powers.

That would have been cool. That's probably how I would have done it to prevent Superman from having to kill Zod.

>freeze a humanoid head solid
>this doesn't kill

>freeze Zod's head
>zod melts it

ok guys

>freezing a man's head solid
>snapping his neck

they both seem p lethal

It was more the sentiment that Superman beats Zod with better use of his powers, allowing him to knock Zod out.

I mean, he's a Kryptonian. It won't be THAT bad.

Movies are not cartoons. Relative realism is not always bad.
MoS is a good movie.

But eye lasers and super hearing are totally fine.

Its average. MOS could have been one of the best, but they decided to shoehorn in objectivist tripe.

>Relative realism is not always bad.
Wait what makes freeze breath worse than heat vision? I think they could both work.

Well, the objectivist stuff was proven wrong by Superman. Superman's altruism goes against everything objectivism stands for.

>objectivist tripe
You having an exclusively subjective gripe does not factor into whether the film such as it is was good.
You seem to have wanted a different film.

>Wait what makes freeze breath worse than heat vision? I think they could both work.
I meant the part about freeze breath kocking Zod out istead of killing him, thereby ruining the ending.
That idealized BS can stay out.
This Superman was not yet the Perfect hero he is to become.

Probably locked up with J'onn.

I'd love to blast Zack Snyder with my eyes.

You know, take away the freezing part and it suddenly seems alot less silly. Just a super powerful gust of wind to knock people back or blow out a fire. Id be ok with that.

He'd still wreck you even if you had heat vision, buddy.

>Amanda Waller was behind Civil War all along
Thunder Squad movie when?

I like how Snyder gradually builds things up, so it would be cool if he starts out using super breath, then by shooting it out in a smaller area it causes things to freeze, just like the air coming out of your breath is colder if you pucker your lips.

>You know, take away the freezing part and it suddenly seems alot less silly.

I know, right? We already got rid of the faggy trunks, let's get rid of the dumb freeze breath too. I mean really, how can you take a guy seriously that has something like freeze breath? What the fuck were they even thinking?

No wonder people like Batman better.

you are so mad it smells

Just wait. He will use his breath to freeze entirety of Apokolips.

Well, Zod's neck got cold.

He'll use freeze breath to freeze time itself, giving him a chance to snap Darkseid's neck.

Eh. You tried.

>test audiences

the same people that approved trailer park's cut of SS.

Test audiences are retarded so they are a good representation of the average audience. It's genius!

>People don't like Freeze Breath
Aww. I always thought it was pretty neat.

Yeah this whole thread is news to me. I think it's cool too

Given how badass they made heat vision look, I'm surprised they haven't used his freeze breath, if vacuum breath at the bare minimum is too indulgent.

Imagine Superman just icing a big-ass monster or even Batman in the armor or something like that. Just a blizzard shooting from his mouth.