How in the ever loving fuck did this get such good reviews?

How in the ever loving fuck did this get such good reviews?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GoWblwKdeHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wasn't made for 12 yo faggots.

>write unbelievably idiotic characters
>lol it's just 2deep4u
Wew lad

I guess I'm not mature enough to enjoy 2 gay robots learning how to play the flute for 20mins

i thought it was ok but is a mess because they tried to throw everything into it. Becomes convoluted idiotic, David pretending to be Walter was extremely obvious cliched and over all is just stupid. Did David swallow those facehugger embryos just in case because he sure as shit didnt have time to do so beforehand. The rationalization for him killing shaw was really flimsy and seems like a poor excuse because they couldnt get the actress to return to do the movie.

Normalslimes are idiots and think enjoying a movie makes it good.

It didn't, it wasn't certified fresh. It was in that little gray area where it's not rotten, but critics didn't like it enough to have a real overwhelming consensus that it was good

it has a scene where a black man is breeding a white woman

>engineers are an apex race that created humans and the mcguffin black goo and all sorts of technological marvels
>they all wear sack cloth and live in stone caves

tfw no jewfu

Better than Prometheus and more entertaining, that's for sure.

HINT

it was another plant the engeneers seeded
not their home base

>washing open wounds in water you haven't tested right after 2 people got infected and died

The choice of actors apart from ass bender was the worst I've seen from a movie of this ilk.

>ass bender
???????????????

Worst film I've seen in the current year.

assbender wasnt even a choice for this one, he was already in prometheus

I just cannot fathom why anyone would hire Danny Mcbride to do a serious role

It was good. Leagues better than Prometheus.

Offscreening Shaw was worse than getting rid of Newt and Hicks

If I don't care about alien lore, will I enjoy it?

Possibly, since one of the worst things it does is shit all over Alien lore. If that doesn't bother you there's not too much to get upset about.

If it wasn't part of Alien it would be moderately better but it doesn't solve the fundamental problems of the film (characters you don't care about make stupid decisions that kills them off, you know this is going to happen and feel no tension whatsoever)

Because critics are idiots or bought.

Exactly m8, I did a rage search just last week about that mullet meme guy seeing if more people can't stand him. Then he cropped up in this and you can imagine my reaction.

At least you don't lack self awareness.

Are you retarted? The acting was one of the few things raising this film above utter trash level to "mediocre but stupid". Nobody in this film performed badly, even McBride.

/thread

It didn't get good reviews though

yes you will stop listening to those tryhard critics and check it by yourself not deep lore but none alien movies went without plotholes anyways it was really enjoyable and i loved it

Ridley literally got btfo. Fox is looking to reboot the franchise again

They should have let Blomkamp make his Alien movie in the first place

>even McBride
You have terrible taste, the acting was horrendous.
Mcbride was nearly crashing the ship and more concerned about keeping his cowboy hat on than steering the thing.
His reaction to his wife dying was pathetic.
It was like a bad parody.
All their reactions to everyone dying were pathetic in fact.
Girl can cry on cue, wow, that proves acting was top tier, she probably just pictured James how James Franco was inserted into an Aliens film and couldn't hold it in.

>His reaction to his wife dying was pathetic.
their reactions to everything going on was pathetic but half of that is the directors job

Most of what you described there is the direction, not the acting lmao

The amount of butthurt from hardcore fans was so good after the movie released. Whoever came up with the story is a complete hack

The casting was shit as well
Mcbride being shit was just the result of him being shit.
The CGI was absolute shit too.
What was good?

Anyone who's watched Eastbound knows McBride can do serious acting as well as comedic and for the role that he had he was good. He wasn't incredible but given the blatantly shitty writing and direction that could be seen dampening the performance of all the actors he did a decent job.

fassbender was good
the horror/slasher scenes were hilarious
BLACKED shower scene

Whats with the casting of these horrible butch short hair jewish women. They all wear a sweaty tank top have awful pale white skin with dark short hair. Suddenly she becomes rambo in the end killing assbenders perfect creatures that die to a woman who was basically crying all movie. These perfect creatures can't even see the simplest of hazards that can kill them running straight into their death.

"serious" huh

Well I'll take your word on that, something seriously went wrong with this project though.
Fassbender was great and they had to put in that agenda crap at the end out of nowhere didn't they ffs.
This guy kjnows what's up.

this is called S H I T W R I T I N G my friend

It was all just throwback after throwback to the the previous movies
my eyes rolled when she decided to grab a gun and hook herself onto the flying spaceship to battle with the alien, the whole action sequence was fucking idiotic.

Completely took me out of the movie every he was on screen. I don't even hate the guy but he made it feel like an Eastbound and Down Halloween special

congratulations on googling a tv show. I'm not sure what your point is but here's a (you)

flying fuck are you talking about did you even watch movie?

While your criticism of character and the daft action ending is legitimate, your obsession with the notion of the alien being a 'perfect organism' is not. The people who believe that in these films are allowed to be wrong.

lucky bitch getting such an easy role in a ridley scott movie because of her boobs.

i mean, she even had to take her fucking jacket off in that scene to emphasize her natural double d's

Much of the comedy in Eastbound and Down comes from the intentionally poor acting. Are you retarded? I love the show but how it's not a reference for McBride's dramatic acting.

youtube.com/watch?v=GoWblwKdeHg

that's just the style of the show, some of the brief serious moments are quite touching. I'm not saying he's on a level with Fassbender acting-wise but there's material in there to show he's not just Red from Pineapple Express.

I love the combination of the exploration of Prometheus mixed with the horror of Alien.

he criticism is legitimate my ass, this retard have not even seen movie