Why normies like superhero movies so much

Why normies like superhero movies so much
When they have not read any one fucking comic?

They fun to watch, mang.

because comics are for fucking nerds

why do you care?
do you think you deserve some sort of recognition because you liked superheroes before they were mainstream?

No one reads comics anymore anyway

Basically the same appeal as the comics except in a much more accessible medium. Plus the fact that each movie is a guaranteed beginning middle and end which doesn't rely on decades of canon.

Spiderman had cartoons, many people watched the justice league, and even older people watched super friends, people always liked super heroes

Why should they? Same infantile shit

Superpowers appeal to the Nitzschean will to power. The problem is that the will to power irl is complete bullshit, so the only way to experience it is through the experiences of a fictional world. It is the result of the lack of values and God in peoples' lives. Because the metaphysical,the spiritual no longer exist, the strive for something greater becomes purely material, i.e. a striving to conquer and manipulate matter beyond normal capabilities. This bring people to do science and become edgy and deluded fedoras. But what about the uneducated masses who are not good enough to engage in ultimately useless "scientifical" endeavours? For them all that is left is the domination of matter on a purely physical and non-intellectual manner. They seek therefore superpowers, that though are impossible irl and can only be experienced in fictional worlds. Thus escapism finds its most natural roots. In the past this role was occupied by movies with mere explosions, but CGI has allowed people to evolve to a more refined version of escapism.

Comics are, and always will be, for kids. Normies watch comic book movies so they can talk to other normies about it, simple as that.

Most guys read some comics when they were kids, even if they weren't die-hard collectors.

I had a lot of normie friends that played sports and shit who you wouldn't think read comics, and they would come and hang out at my place on Wednesdays and read the new issues. It was fun, just passing around books and shooting the shit.

Tapping into that kind of childhood nostalgia is powerful. Movies with a simpler morality, with bigger than life heroes and evil villains, that make you feel like you felt when it was a simpler time in your life. Not too hard to understand, really.

This was a really inept attempt at rationalizing the inherent societal desire to see those with power use it to do good. It doesn't have anything to do with the dissipation of the concept of a God to men, some few-centuries-ago paradigm shift. The concept of a hero has been around as long as the concept of a God has been, it could be argued that the two are adjacent concepts. Stemming from the human ability to conceptualize and compartmentalize ideals amongst individuals or characters there's going to be a desire to have preferable traits and ideals be championed by leaders of men be they fictional or otherwise

Disney formula+infantilization

My peenus weenus :D haha!

Nothing wrong with superhero movies.

It's just that there aren't enough good ones made like Watchmen. Disney has ruined the genre by saturating the market with 3 films per summer.

Not that you owe it to the art form or anything but I'd say it's more of a personal failing for you to have decided not to engage with the medium on any meaningful level or to seek out engaging material. I wouldn't blame the medium for you and most people not seeking any meaningfulness in it. What you said is what it is treated as which in turn is what it becomes over and over again

Everyone loves movies based on literature but no one fucking reads that either. Everyone loves movies based on plays and still no one ever goes to the teather. Everyone loves movies based on real life yet no one lives a real life.

well yes capestuff is the only thing many people live for

You understood nothing of what I said, and you clearly have no idea what will to power is. Also you are wrong about doing good with those powers having anything to do with why they are showed on screen. Also hero =/= superhero

The comics somehow manage to be even dumber than the shitty movies

NERD ALERT

I agree, comic books and comic book movies are for children under 12. If you're 18+ and you genuinely enjoy either you're probably a retarded nerd and a faggot and I wish it would go back to being a niche product. I haven't seen a super hero movie since Marvel Avengers Assemble and that's because I was babysitting a child

Because normies like what's trendy and that's it. Actually reading comic books isn't, but they profess they love comics anyway, directly or indirectly, for popularity points. Women are especially guilty of this.

Eat a dick nigger.
No one really gives MFarlane credit for what he did with spiderman. Its all overshadowed by spawn.

Because action movies are action movies. People like action movies. The fact that some of them are based on comic books doesn't matter.

Capeshit is absolute cancer, be it film or tv or comics.

I don't even have a problem with super hero movies considering superman 78, batman returns, dark man, and spiderman 2 are some of my favorite movies - extended cinematic universes, however, make me want to fucking kill myself.

People always love heroes but the average person hates reading and writing. If you disagree then try to buy a car from Craigslist or Facebook marketplace, you will be forced into text conversations with your average person. Weird to say but Sup Forums has spoiled me in the fact that I expect people to at least have a cohesive syntax and TRY to spell shit right.

Sup Forums is still partially quite bad for this, at least in the way some boards gleefully destroy language with memespeak. In fact, you see better spelling on reddit.

Moron

>dat spidey manspread

Many people seemed to hated WATCHMEN

because superheroes are cool but comics are fucking gay
sure you get gems like Watchmen sometimes but the VAST majority of comics are absolute dogshit

This is it. I tried to read comics after watching capeshit, but it was all garbage. Edgy, ugly, shitty stories and retarded characters. Fuck that, the movies are better.

Exactly what I did. I don't see the MCU as a masterpiece but it's entertaining and you get above average movies like Winter Soldier or Guardians
Tried reading the comics and felt like a huge faggot, can't understand how Sup Forumsfags can read those and not feel like a fucking fool

Marvel comics are garbage. Go read some Alex Ross DC comics for the fine material.

Reading comics I felt like they were aimed at 12-14 year old boys. The "mature ones" at 16 year olds. I don't see the see the appeal for adults either. With anime and Manga there's a lot of stuff specifically made for adults, and in the West we have the movies for that target audience.

I also don't think capeshit is great, but I've rarely not at least been entertained by a movie (I'd put the average around 6/10), and as you said, some are great fun, like Guardians.

Superhero films and comics are entertainment for children and intellectually underdeveloped idiots, and children don't read comics anymore.
I can count the number of genuinely artistically accomplished superhero comics on one hand without running out of fingers, and all of those were done back in the 70s and 80s.

Read real shit or fuck off, desu.

At least rationalize a rebuttal, this pointless dismissal of ideas helps noone. I mean, my post clearly wasn't thoughtless just cause i contest the guy's ideas despite him referencing Nietzsche

Care to elucidate your original point further? I just don't see superheroes as filling some vacuum left in the human spirit by the obsoletion of God/spirituality. Especially considering the two run parallel at many points. Or are you just saying what was once metaphysical is now being made physical, at least by way of fiction?

Or at least put some rationale behind "superheroes=/=heroes" which is interesting but not self-explanatory