I have a friend who's looking forward to this

How do I explain why he should boycott it without revealing my power level?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bX3EZCVj2XA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've already seen every episode of every Star Trek and every movie. Why would I stop now?

Why do you care what others like or don't?
Just enjoy life, it's not worth wasting your time getting your jimmies rustled over politics.

>power level
implying your retarded opinions are a "power"

>boycott
>not torrent

uwot.jpg

If it's because you expected Starship Troopers, not Star Trek.

You don't. If people want to spend money to watch progressive propaganda there's no reason to stop them. The number of such people willing to do so will not be sufficient for STD to succeed and it will die on its own.

>that's the best outfit they could come up with

It's just so depressing that Trek has become about cultural marxism and forced diversity agendas.

>has become

always was, right from the get-go.

If you think Jason Isaacs isn't going to absolutely nail this then you are not my nigga

Very sensible post. However, you're talking to a brick wall. This is the board that obsessively posts RottenTomatoes scores and the like because they can't get enough of warring over which movies "win."

>ignore every post except the one which reinforces your idiotic views
>spew some nonsense about "cultural marxism"

Classy. And you wonder why you're losing.

This show will be a huge success. I will make sure of that.

It's not airing on normal tv and they keep blocking the trailers for the US on youtube. It's already boycotted itself.

>I will make sure of that.

you'll make no difference for or against STD

I want the asian milf to be the captain

Can you be any more of a faggot in one post?

Looks like they tried to compromise between Enterprise's jumpsuits and ToS campy sweaters and lost

it looks too serious and dramatic

Star Trek should be for everyone

what the fuck are you even talking about, Star Trek is and always was about united mankind with and a diverse cast

They apparently plan to tilt the camera constantly so the uniform has a crooked stripe down the center.

Yeah even TOS. With a white captain, white alien first officer, white doctor. And a black woman answering the phones.

and the japanese (asian and former enemy) and the russian (current enemy)
don't forget that Uhura is not only black, but also a woman... people probably would have gone berserk if she was even higher, she's an officer after all

just because this is a type of progressiveness you grew up with doesn't mean ST hasn't always been about it

Tell your friend to lift weights and stop being fat, if he succeeds he'll have no desire to watch nu male television shows anymore.

Say its because cbs is dicking around by scheduling it exlusively for their shitty netflix clone, and how they are tieing it into thw JJverse instead of Prime trek.
Ez Pz.
On the plus, these are legitimate complaints.

There is a big difference between diversity in the past and modern diversity in star trek. If you read the wiki for the new one, the opening few sentences about each character and the casting mentions race and sexual orientation, because the characters were written and actors chosen around those arbitrary characteristics. Tuvok wasn't a black character so they went out looking for a black actor, he was a vulcan and they went with Tim Russ because he was fucking good at it.

>this is a black and gay character
>find me a black gay actor
vs
>this is a character
>find me a good actor no matter what they look like or who they are

It's ironic because all this forced diversity is racist as fuck. Idiocy.

cultural marxism doesnt actually mean anything and is the right wing shitter equivalent of Boo-ing somebody
stay salty scum

you can thank the american identity politics for that, it doesn't even matter if we are talking about SJWs or Stormfags, nowadays everything is about race etc. even when it wasn't relevant in the first place
ironically it basically has stereotypes and racism at its core, you can't label a certain group of people without calling it into existence

You're a whiny cunt

Eyeroll

>inb4 gay sex scene

Come to think of it there is not one sex scene in the entirety of star trek.

inb4 STD is pioneering diversity with not only the first sex scene in star trek but also having it gay

It just doesn't look fun.

the funny thing about star trek is how it's basically pretty conservative when it comes to sexual relationships, they can't fuck around without establishing meaningful, deep relationships before or after

Just tell them Star Trek was never about forced diversity

meanwhile on deep space nine.

I do believe Trek can be form incredibly meaningful deep and mature relationships.

Especially Sisko and Jennifer, Kira and Odo are both very complex and mature in its portrayal and comes off deeper than many other shows out there.

Anyone who things star trek isnt Deep, Meaningful and Mature when it comes to relationships can fight me because they deal with themes such as marriage very well.

>post yfw you realise DEEP Space Nine

Star Trek is a diverse cast united under a single western chauvinistic culture.

What pieces of music do the crew perform and appreciate? Bach, Mozart, Chopin. What plays do they perform? Shakespeare, Gilbert and Sullivan. Holodeck programs? 1950s American neo-noir novels, regency dramas, renaissance workshops.

What are the federation ships named after? Western forbearer ships and significant westerners.

Sisko's son bemoans the fact that he has to study Klingon opera in school, at best other cultures are treated as a novelty. And when is there ever a mention of bolian or tellarite culture in starfleet? Barely ever. Because in star trek they're not the pinnacle of sociological achievement, classical western earth civilization is.

Having a "diverse" cast won't kill star trek, it's dead the moment that the crew listen to hip-hop.

Or when Kirk starts listening to the Beastie Boys.

I have to admit, each star trek cast has at least three white males, its quite funny desu

>boycotting star trek because not all of the characters are white men
fucking idiot

>revealing my power level
>caring about what a friend watches

AS long as pathetic people like you exist, i know i will never hit rock bottom

You mistake simple production reasons with some cultural agenda.
You have a mostly western audience so they recognize aspects of western culture faster. For everything else you have to establish a shitton of Lore that works instantly.
Naming a Ship Yamato, Odyssey or a Colony New Berlin works because the viewer has a basic knowdledge about that.
Otherwise people would just go " WTF " if a Star Fleet ship named after some Tellarite Hero nobody heard of before it shows up.
This works when a Klingon Warships approaches being called IKS Kahless.

You can't, if he likes the show he'll watch it, if he doesn't he won't. It's that simple.

suck his cock because you are obviously a faggot

This is like saying that the only reason no-one speaks French in star trek is that it was conceived and produced in the US

I don't care how it came about, it's canon because it was in the show. The flagship contains people who are steeped in western culture and who flaunt their belief that it's superior.

>Naming a Ship Yamato, Odyssey or a Colony New Berlin works because the viewer has a basic knowdledge about that.

Where is New Johannesburg?

We're actually winning and culturally Marxism is real

It's real

Hit too close to home huh?

The ferangi reminded me of space Jews.

Vulcans never should've been niggers, fuck off shill.

You mentioned a wiki but you still haven't posted a link where they say the characters needed to be a specific race or sexual orientation.

OP, just tell your friend that it's Abramsverse garbage, and let him know you won't watch it until proven otherwise.
All the other complaints in this thread about "SJW" elements come off as stupid and petty because they are stupid and petty.

I don't see the similarity

I agree with you OP, fucking prequels!

t. cultural Marxist

My God, that's one homely bitch.

>Having a problem with white males
fucking idiot

>How do I explain why he should boycott it without revealing my power level?

Stop being an undercover fascist and just goosestep to Wagner you pathetic fucking kraut.

Wait... the crew actually smiles and looks happy in STD? What sorcery is this?

I'll be glad when they finally make it legal for us to kill the seditious, riotous antifa members as domestic terrorists.

>this is a character
>find me a good actor no matter what they look like or who they are

I'm sure being black was an extra bonus for the execs. Thanks, Affirmative Action, for making me Racist!(tm).

Years ago I saw some complaints about casting a black woman as Tuvok's wife. Will this faggotry never end?

You don't need to tell him to boycott it, let him watch a few episodes and he'll drop the show himself with no intervention on your part.

Alright I'm not hip what is wrong with the new star trak

it has a black person on it.

It's a clearly defined social philosophy with the intended goal of consolidating multiple cultures together with the goal of eliminating both. It was engineered as a vehicle for Critical Theory (an idea produced by the same school) which seeks to dismiss the merits and privileges of dominant, contributing social classes. The goal of this is determined by how it is implemented.

Would you like some recommended reading, or would you like to bury your head further in the sand?

youtube.com/watch?v=bX3EZCVj2XA

just convince him to pirate the show instead of not watching it

Still too many straight white people

>Being a poorfag who's upset over CBS All Access
People like this are typically the 'weird guy' at work who buys his clothes at Wal-Mart and doesn't tip. It's also an incredibly reddit opinion.

War mongering libtards will claim it's a Russian plot.

>has become
you literally don't even know what you're mad about

Post deleted... Oh my.

Roderick, I already know your views. On women, diversity, the whole enchilada. I compromised your phone, tablet, and PC in winter of last year. What I found was shocking, but I've come to accept it. I haven't told your mother yet, because I know it would break her heart. I'm hoping it's just a phase, but, well, you don't seem to be maturing. It just seems to be getting worse.

Yes, yes I can.

>tipping

Holy cuckold, Batman.

bump

give him the backhand next time he brings it up

ITS BEEN A LONG ROAD

It has done that since TOS you fucking faggot