Vampire the Masquerade: DC (Comics) By Night

If the DC universe was merged with VTM, what clans would everybody be? Or if you expanded beyond Vampire, what other race could they be?

Bruce is obviously Malkavian.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4aa8B7hIynE
whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Ahrimanes
desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/JSA Storytime: JLI/type/op/
whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Zeka
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm surprised this game is still a thing. Is it any good?

The tabletop? Yes. The revised version is better than classic though, and the lore is really good. VtR is shit; ignore people who say it's good.

The video game is considered one of the all-time best RPGs, but has a lot of bugs that require a fan patch.

Bruce is Malkavian but likes to pretend he's Ventrue.

Animal Man is Gangrel.
Lobo is definitely Brujah.

>tfw no Vampire the Masquarade game by CD Projekt RED
>no comic or animated series about them Anarchs adventures with Jack, Nines and Damsel

It can be really fun if you have a good storyteller.

>but has a lot of bugs that require a fan patch.
And it was released unfinished because of the HL2/Source Engine hype back in 2004.
Still a good fucking game, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=4aa8B7hIynE

Fuck your vampires.

Garou for life, mother-fucker.

>bender was Jack
fuck hes cooler now

>Garou
Keep barking, you flea-bitten fool

>tfw we'll probably never see more of DiMaggio's Jack

What's Swamp Thing? Is there some kind of plant Promethean? Or maybe a mage?

Catwoman and Cheetah are definitely whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Ahrimanes

Here's the guide for anyone thinking about getting the game
Don't Open It

Where's my advice for surviving zombie invasion as Charisma/Lockpick/Computer whore?
I ragequit so hard.

Zatanna would be Toreador and Constantine would be Tremere or a god damned Changeling, sneaky fucker

>Constantine would be Tremere or a god damned Changeling, sneaky fucker
Kek, I can see it

Let me try the JL
Superman: Not Qualified
Batman: Ventrue
Wonder Woman: Brujah
Hal Jordan GL: Toreador
Flash: Gangrel (Maybe??? He just does stuff sometimes without thinking of consequences.)
Cyborg: Nosferatu
Aquaman: Ventrue

Malkavians don't belong on the JL but Dr Fate would qualify, as would most of the trenchcoat brigade

Try classic Justice League or Justice League International.

Most of Gotham is Malkavian. Harley is a Ghoul.

Ivy might be Toreador, or maybe Tzimisce. Both fit her in different ways.

sorry, I'm a marval fag cause those are the comics I can borrow or find cheep and don't know much of that era DC.

but just cause I confessed that

Thor: Brujah
Iron Man: Ventrue
Cap: Tremere (tradition is their stuff)
Hank Pym: of course Malk
Wasp: Toreador of course
Hulk: Gangrel

damn...I think that works better for Avenger than JL

Doctor Fate is most definitely Tremere. Superman might be Salubri? It fits his "last of his kind" thing and they're portrayed as good guys with a shitty founder.

Batman is most definitely Malk but thinks he's Ventrue, and Wondy is probably Trujha.

Ah, that's okay.
You really should read Justice League International tho, it's great.

>Trujha
huh? I haven't played for years so I have no clue what that is.

also
>Salubri?

>giffen
ok, on my list now

What was Dinah thinking?

I think that by "trujah" he meant True Brujah.
And Salubri is an old clan from final nights iirc.

True Brujah.

My man.
Here, take this:

desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/JSA Storytime: JLI/type/op/

Or this:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d8a6b2a68467edd02b069a4513a02bcd98851b58&dn=Justice+League+International+and+Europe&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

>true brujah

I'm sure this means something to people in the lore but I'm guessing it's another pretensious view of one clan looking down on another.

I think I read somewhere where Brujah eldars aren't as rage happy as the younger and instead they use that rage to plan large scale battles. Guessing that is your 'true brujah'

holy shit! Thanks man!

>Constantine would be Tremere

Fuck, I want to read this.

Nope, True Brujah are descendants of Brujah. He was diableriezed by Troile

Generally, I'd say Marvel's heroes have much more defined personal weaknesses, which means it's much easier to sort them into clans.

>2016
>being a childe of the traitor Troile

smdh

Welp

>Troile
I fell out of the loop of Maquarade mythology a while ago. Who is he?

as humans we focus on flaws more than traits, it's what makes Vampire interesting, and other games like it. It's more intersesting picking and playing your flaws than your traits

First arc would probably be his getting way from the partial blood bound to the clan.

getting away

>Joker = Malkavian
>Harley = Ghoul
>Penguin = Giovanni, Ventrue, or Nosferatu all fit.
>Catwoman = Toreador or Gangrel
>Riddler = Nosferatu
>Clayface = Nosferatu
>Two-Face = Malkavian
>Poison Ivy = Toreador
>Scarecrow = Lasombra
>Bane = Brujah
>Black Mask = Giovanni
>Killer Croc = Gangrel or Giovanni
>Mad Hatter = Malkavian

>Scarecrow = Lasombra
Perfect

>Who is he?
Originally brujah clan was devoted to the gathering of knowledge and philosophy (a lack of emotions weakness). Troile was Embraced by Brujah. Troile feared that [Brujah] had the intention to destroy him, in an attempt to rectify his mistake of Embracing progeny. Thus, Troile plotted to diablerize Brujah
>Ironman: Ventrue
>Dr Strange: Tremere
>Wolverine: Brujah
>Hulk: Gargoyle
>Deadpool: Malkavian
>Red Skull: Tzimisce

>Penguin = Giovanni

This.

>Joker is malkavian
>Harley is his ghoul
It all makes sense now

>Killer Croc = Gangrel or NOSFERATU

oops

>Tzimisce
Deadpool

Gwenpool is his ghoul.

actually, the OG Deathstroke is pure that, deadpool is crossed with Malk

Deadpool is definitely Malkavian. Tzimisce are defined by being intelligent scientists that physically deform themselves; Deadpool is just ugly.

He's not Nosferatu because they're also smart; Deadpool is just deformed and insane.

He's Malk.

JEEZ OH MAN

Depends on the origin story, but he works quite well as a very powerful Spirit that's manifested in the real world and originally uses Alec Holland's body as a host. He gets essence from serving and spreading The Green and staying in or near swampy areas.

Hellblazer Constantine works quite well as a hedge mage or one of the minor splats. He's got some tricks, but it always costs him (or more likely the people around him) and he mostly gets by on reputation and double dealing.

>JEEZ OH MAN

I felt really dumb when I found out this guy was playing me.

For nWoD gamelines
>The Spectre is an agent of the God Machine
>Phantom Stranger is a Demon
>Deadman is a Geist
>Metal Men are a group of Prometheans
>So was Wonder Woman, but she has achieved the new dawn, making her human.
>The Doom Patrol are Deviants

>Hellblazer Constantine works quite well as a hedge mage or one of the minor splats.

True, but I still want to see him as a Tremere.

>>Metal Men are a group of Prometheans
I think Death Metal Men would be more literal version of Prometheans. They're all radioactive and shit, that's like disquiet, right?

There is at least one nuclear Promethean lineage, IIRC.

Zeka

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Zeka

I get that, but the Tremere are all about obedience, hierarchy and scholarly pursuit, where John... isn't. To say nothing of his feelings about vampires. If you're going to make him one, why not start with changing Nergal into one and working out what he is?

Zeka. Pretty sure they've been cut from 2nd ed though.

Yeah, Zeka (nuclear born) Promethean's disquiet is radiation.

I keep forgetting if there were actually Robot Prometheans in the game.

>I get that, but the Tremere are all about obedience, hierarchy and scholarly pursuit, where John... isn't.

That´s the most interesting part. I would like to see how he would deal with all that shit.

I'm 99% certain there are in one of the source books. I know you can get a gun for a head, there's a picture.

For what reason? They were a cool idea that fitted the theme.

Plus the fact they ran the risk of turning into a nuclear bomb if they got slightly over what they needed to turn human was neat.

Unfleshed.

Okay guys, I have to ask, are there any good comics about vampires (Preacher and Strain aside).

I, vampire and American Vampire is shit

Yes, just found them in Saturnine Nights. Same book as the Zeka, actually.

Word count possibly. Its also quite likely that the lead writer just doesn't like them. He also made it so the "baddy" promethean refinement, the Centimanus, are unplayable and introduced a new "always evil, all the time" group called "alchemists". He really doesn't like it when you play his games the *wrong* way, which is amusing considering he was the lead writer on Beast, AKA the worst ever nWoD book. Possibly the worst ever WoD book period.

This sucks. A lot of people wanted to play an alchemist.

I really hope they dont fuck up Deviant

Im worried it could have a ''woe is me, im such a persecuted victim'' tone instead of being Kamen Rider : The RPG.

Dampyr if you're Eurofag.
Just checked what Beast is. That's weird design of characters.

>Not playing Requiem instead.
Either oldfag or just a plain fag.

>Just checked what Beast is. That's weird design of characters.

I still can´t believe someone actually thought that piece of shit was acceptable.

>American Vampire is shit
Nope

Worst part is that you cant actually be a dragon or troll, youre stuck in a human body.

Plus you do absolutely horrible things but it keeps trying to twist it so youre the hero with bullshit justifications.

Requiem is pure shit to the core. Masquerade is Vampire Mobster X-Men while Requiem is Snowflake:The Specialing, with all the lore stripped out because having a plot is #triggering

There is a reason WW brought back Masquerade.

I've not been happy with the direction of Onyx Path WW for ages, and Beast killed my remaining enthusiasm for them. Nearly killed my desire to play RPGs, actually. Deviant's probably going to be better than Beast because its got different lead writers, but I just don't want to give them money or deal with the community any more.

Beast would be improved immeasurably if it actually embraced the fact it was about irredeemable psychopaths hurting others for fun. As it is its the sort of thing a prospective otherkin school shooter writes (and that's still somehow better than the first draft)

its hard to get it working and loading times are hell. it has a nice atmosphere and was one of the first to have range of choices. These days we have mass effect but mass effect is not about vampires and you can't have qts that will do your bidding

I just want a game set in a royal court where you may not even leave the castle. The whole game would be about backstabbing, intrigue, duels,jousting,etc (with minimal action) would you play it?

goblin shits

Everjane

Masquerade's the one with millions of special snowflakes though. Requiem's much more of an open toolbox, and its lack of metaplot is more because the metaplot for oWoD was ridiculously convoluted and mostly terrible with some good bits, and I say that as someone who went full-on "Not Muh" because the Tremere weren't in the Requeim corebook.

Requiem is a good game, with a lot of neat stuff if you care look. nWoD also has the best versions of Hunter and Changeling.

If your a chick you can sleep with Romero and get the rewards without the fight.

Thanks I will note the name. I was thinking of single player with graphics form this decade

Legend of the Five Rings can do that quite well. It's half the point of Winter Court stories, actually, and the entire reason for the Courtier class.

Yeah, that's what it says on 1d4. You have monster soul but you can't do shit. And narrative makes sure you're dindu nuffin, humans are evil for wanting to nail you.
Nah, I'm dude. He gives me shotgun and I can't shoot shit with it. Wonder I survived this long with my abysmal combat skills. That demon thing from museum gangbanged me hard.

What clan are you? The key is keeping the gates safe so you can ignore zombies on the path.

Bayushi Manami best Bayushi.
Although I really like Dragons. They're cool and all but Scorpions fuels my mask fetish.

cheat.I gave up leveling fair when I got to the crazy aids lady in the Russian hotel

Toreador.
That quest was rad as hell.

>That quest was rad as hell.
Did you fuck her?

Gangrel and Brujah are the best clans, prove me wrong

>OWoD has Sam Haight
>Meanwhile the entire metaplot of NWoD consists of pic related

Masquerade has the concept of generation built into its ruleset. The very nature of the game and the way characters work enforces an hierarchy. You aren't a bigshot badass that can take over the world; there's always somebody better than you. This determines how social interactions and stories work. This drives the entirety of the game.

Meanwhile Requiem says that everybody's on an equal playing field and strong vampires have to take naps and then they get super weak and forgetful so you can kill them easy. Nosferatu aren't ugly; some of them are just "too beautiful." The entire game is based around never having to tell a player "no, you can't be whatever stupid thing you want to be." The fluidity inevitably leads to homogeny. Add that on top of there being no actual world for the thing to take place in and you have the Vampire RPG equivalent to dry mashed potatoes.

Requiem is bad and you should feel bad.

If you have anypoints in Celerity you should have no problem.

>Gangrel

Enjoy your fleas.

The first draft was so much worse, you have no idea. I think I've got both of them around here somewhere, it's an amazing trainwreck of a book.

Scorpion are my favourite too, followed by the Crab. All the clans have someone or something to recommend them though.

>I'M GONNA SHIT ON YOUR CARPET AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME

Personally I think the biggest problem Requirem ever had was coming after Masquerade, a game people loved to death.

Same with The Batman after BTAS, Age of Sigmar after Fantasy Battle, Hero Factory after Bionicle, etc..

Its a different thing, but some can only view it in the context of the thing they loved that came before it, so it can never reach the same heights in their eyes. Not to say the new things are without fault, but in this situation objectivity is effectively impossible.

Personally I like the nWoD approach of giving the GM more freedom in the 'canon' world an expansive metaplot could limit.

I don't think so. Lame. Bioware would do something kinky there.
I have points there, but not in combat. But hey, I can pick locks like a champ.
Crab is awesome clan, too. I love how they're in "I give zero fucks about your bonsai, I'll take my tetsubo whenever I want". Crane can laugh about their lack of customs but they keep ugly fuckers out of Empire.

Look man, like what you like. Requiem doesn't really work like that, but I'm not looking for an argument here. You can have fun with both lines, I personally prefer the newer one because I prefer the Bloodline/Clan/Covenant set up and the fact that to my mind I have more freedom as a GM to tinker with things to my liking, and I think the Potency system works better as a player than generations. Personal tastes. I have a friend who thinks the opposite, its all good.

>Its a different thing, but some can only view it in the context of the thing they loved that came before it, so it can never reach the same heights in their eyes. Not to say the new things are without fault, but in this situation objectivity is effectively impossible.
I have a pal that's exactly like this, but for Changeling: The Dreaming. Refuses to even look at its nWoD counterpart, let alone play it.

I just don't know what to think.

It probably means he's an otherkin

Celerity's bullet time should give you all the edge you need. Just make sure you have blood packs and you can shift between the two gates at ease.

Hero Factory is objectively worse than Bionicle and Age of Smegmar is way worse than WFB, so those are pretty apt comparisons. Especially because both stripped out and dumbed down everything people liked about their predecessors.

Requiem Vampire Knight is hilariously, ridiculoulsly edgy but its good fun. Fiends of the Eastern Front is a series of good action stories from 2000AD about traditional Vampires, while Durham Red was a sci-fi spin on them. 30 Days of Night has its moments, but you might not like them if you don't like Ben Templesmith's art. Swamp Thing had some really good stories about them, but I can't remember off the top of my head what issues they were. Mike Mignola's Baltimore is good too.

I seem to recall there being at least four or five official oWOD vampire comics too, but I don't have a link to them. Pretty sure it showed a gang of Nosferatu basement dwellers on shrecknet.

pussy
use blood purge