Superman Thread

Why is Superman not liked by the general public as much he was previously?

He's THE essential superhero.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ
thrillbent.com/blog/man-of-steel-since-you-asked/
youtube.com/watch?v=xqlaXylsMwQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He wears panties on the outside and he's goofy and stupid and doesn't work in todays climate. He's an outdated relic of the silver age where he should have stayed.

This. He just can't can't compare to the gritty in-your-face post 9-11 world of Batman and Jack Bauer.

This thread again? I'm pretty sure this is asked once a week, holy shit

In any case, society became shittier

I see no evidence that he is not liked by the public.

Films like JLWAR have created a bit of a notion that he is a jockish dick but thankfully that isn't super prevelent.

A few dumbfucks thinks he is unlikable/unrelatable because he is so powerful. Not the case.

If the individual writer Mary Sues him where he is never allowed to struggle or fail then that would be arguably true but that isn't the case so much anymore as the DCEU & new 52 have required him to struggle and strive to acomplish good instead of him doing it without effort at all like the Reeves films.
Unfortunately the loudest voices are the insane fucks that want him to be perfect & do everything perfectly.

Yes this is bait, that doesn't mean I don't believe it to be absolutely true.

his stories have been told. Now he is just a OP Mary Sue. Unless you find a way to get at his character again, revive him, he is kinda dying. You see what they tried to do with him in the movies? Tried to tell a 'new' superman, which had already been done in comics and in the movies they took the worst parts of it.

Someone needs to come along and find a new way of telling superman. He's not dead, just dormant

Because he's bound up with a discredited version of America's self-image. He's White Picket Fence Man.

>I see no evidence that he is not liked by the public.
Then you're oblivious and purposely cover your eyes to it. The only people that still legitimately like superman are people in their 40s or over. The younger generation fucking hates him with a passion and just want to see batman beat him up and embarrass him.

>Why is Superman not liked by the general public as much he was previously?
>He's THE essential superhero.
He's not allowed to be. WB keeps trying to reinvent Superman to appeal to people that never liked him and were never going to, and in doing so make it so nobody likes him.

We have one really autistic poster that constantly whines about how he's a campy mary sue but the truth is that if you think that Superman's charisma is a dump stat then you never got it and were never going to like him.

People like you are killing comics

I'm over 40 and I only like him as Jimmy's side kick.
The complaints about him being boring or whatever date back to at least my childhood.
And I assure people have not gotten shittier since the cynicism of the 1980's.

People like me are whats keeping comics alive.

Maybe too many people are cynical these days. And if you are cynical then listening to a powerful super being complain about not being human is annoying and dull.

>Why is Superman not liked by the general public as much he was previously?

The general public doesn't like many superheroes other than Batman, Spider-man and the MCU versions of Marvel characters user.

The general public doesn't even care about non RDJ's Iron Man or non Chris Evans' Cap America.

The only Super Heroes that are successful on their own independently on who is playing them or what media they are on are Batman and Spider-man.

GotG

He is in less quality multi-media and as such is not as relevant

>He is in less quality multi-media and as such is not as relevant

This

He doesn't even have a great solo animated movie, the All-Star adaptation was underwhelming.

>GotG

Yes, the MCU version.

Are there plans for any new DC TV cartoon shows?
We have 4 marvel cartoons and Disney is staying constant that marvel cartoons happen

This is what I thought until I read pic related... It was beautiful, I've loved Superman ever since.

Yeah it sucks now. People don't like Superman because they get triggered at seeing someone who isn't a degenerate.

"B-but I thought smoking weed was cool..."

The FF are in the same boat.

Justice League Action. It's going to be great.

They haven't been viewed well in media since the 90s

This. Millenials in particular are told from a very early age that they're perfect, so they get triggered by characters that are inspirational in the way Superman is inspirational. At the less dramatic end of that spectrum we have the people who find him boring because they don't understand why he's inspirational, because in their minds, they already embody what Superman stands for.

Eh that shit raising has existed every generation

He'll super-man was born from that mind set
What has changed was Superman is a very old we'll know idea so without good fresh content (that isn't comics it's reader base isn't big enough) people won't be interested

Also by your broken ass logic Spider-man should be hated and he has stayed as culturally relevant as Superman for nearly 40 years

>two big-budget films in the last five years where he's an aimless, spineless murdering asshole who can't make friends or even smile

I dunno man, you tell me.

Because he's a pussy.

All that power and he does fuck all with it. Fights a few monsters every now and then but the rest of the time he doesn't do shit. Batman is popular because he works outside the system, and frequently in conflict with it. Dealing with the corrupt elite, ineffectual police as well as his villains.

Many people are disillusioned with the way the world is currently. Shitty politicians, shitty megacorperations. There is no longer a clear enemy for the "good guys" (i.e. Nazis or USSR), and westerners now mostly look to their own nations as the source of a lot of their problems. Basically, people are sick of the status quo, which is why rebels like Batman are so popular. The people that we look to as heroes today are the people who challenge the establishment, you can see this with the rise of anti-establishment politicians and movements.

Superman's first comic showed him beating up a corrupt politician. Then WWII and the Cold War and the CCA molded him into defender of the establishment that he has failed to evolve from. Superman has all that power and he stands for absolutely jack shit. Its why his elseworlds stories are the best and his main continuity is terrible. In the elseworlds he can actually make a stand, change the status quo, actually do something. In the Main continuity all he does is defend the status quo.

Some say that he is unpopular because of his power. I think he's unpopular because he has all that power and doesn't use it.

Where? They must be big budget fan films because they weren't released in theaters.

>using generation buzz words
user the was a "crisis" in the 60s that the generation coming it was to self centered and needy
Hell there are papers from the 1800s that talk about a selfish generation that thinks they are god

Every generation is the same shit
Your young and you think you have it all figured out
You get older still think that it's just those young folk get to be young and selfish and you need to hate it then face the fact death is coming for you sooner

Outdated values in the current society. Thats why he is portrayed as more "human" nowadays, he is more violent.

No one is inspired by goodwill or kindness anymore

I'm 24 & strongly strongly like him after Mos. Love tas. And have gotten strongly into his comics since 2013.

>We have one really autistic poster that constantly whines about how he's a campy mary sue...
No I never ever said Superman in general is a Mary Sue, I said he is sometimes, I said Reeves version was and I am saying that the fuckers that state the following want him to be such.
>"the writer should never have put him in a situation where killing was the only/right thing to do"
>Superman would not let that happen, he can do anything (referring to the destruction happening on the other side of the world from him while he is saving 7-8 billion lives)
>Superman should not make mistakes (referring to the 711 he didn't see while looking down at Zod or the oil truck he let slide by him because he was rightfully focused on zod)
-
-
-
-
>but the truth is that if you think that Superman's charisma is a dump stat then you never got it and were never going to like him.
What the fuck is a dump stat?
His charisma has nothing to do with his level of Campiness or not.
It's about how serious or not he is during battles and fight scenes that matters to me.
If he is smiling or being alooof while thousands of people are in danger, that destroys any intensity or suspense the scene has.

>Millenials in particular are told from a very early age that they're perfect
What world do you fucking live in?

>Is willing to die to save countless lives.
>Spineless
>Asshole

>Kills one person to save a family directly in harms way, thousands a headlock from being in harms ways, and billions in Potential harms way.
>Murder

Not that user, and agreed.

But

>aimless, spineless asshole who can't make friends or even smile

still stands.

Because mainstream opinions on comic book characters are more of a fashion statement than actual interest in the characters. They like Batman and Marvel because they're popular, and they hate Superman because it's popular to hate Superman. Their interest in comics exists solely so they can tell other people they're interested in comics.

He can make friends he chooses not to do so.
Hence the bar girl clearly liking him even before he stopped the harasser.
Aimless is only true until he finds Jor El.

How the fuck is he spineless?

He smiles at the end of Mos, when he is in the interogation room, when he tells Martha he has discovered his alien parents & when he saves the Mexican girl from the fire.

For All Seasons is my favorite comics of all time. It really captures the character.

The fact that you automatically knew I was talking about you confirms my point. As for what a dump stat is, google it you incredible pleb.

He's an obvious false-flagger you retard

Who controls what becomes popular? Is it Jews again? For real though.

>If he is smiling or being alooof while thousands of people are in danger, that destroys any intensity or suspense the scene has.
I like how you throw tantrums about Reeves and even Reeves was serious during the fights. It's EVERYWHERE ELSE you ignore because you're a power level fag that thinks all Superman there is to Superman is a strong man that punches good. It's okay if WB gives us a sullen crybaby that mopes all the time because he still punch good! You're the kind of guy that thinks Manchester Black was totally right and it's obvious with your every word.

youtube.com/watch?v=-HFwok9SlQQ

>millennials don't exist
Did we finally kill them? Not watching that video by the way. Looks stupid.

the general public goes by movies instead of comics usually. his last movies haven't been very good.

not to mention that many people still think he has all those on the spot powers he did back in the day and that he's super op.

>Not watching that video by the way. Looks stupid.
How very millennial of you

I feel like a millenial bucks.

I hate Adam's show but that was actually a good presentation.

No it doesn't confirm your point, but it does confirm that you a lying sack of human shit, I NEVER said Superman inherently is a mary sue or is always campy, I have mearly stated my distaste for when he is or mostly for when people demand that he be portrayed in such a manner and when other people would like more complex and interesting stories then that will allow for you dismiss them as people that hate the character.
Burn the fuck in hell.

You need to practice the use of apostrophes bud.

No he wasn't serious until the bus got thrown.
He was saying casual silly bullshit like "let step outside general"

If I only cared about his fights I would not flat out love that both films had tons of build up and world building before the battle scenes arrive.

I think its perfectly fucking fine to give us a sullen Superman if it works in the context they have created.
The character doesn't have one permanent mood

Haven't read the Manchester Black stuff but I know what he is about and no that is not even remotely what I am getting at.

I want them to treat the universe Superman exist in like the real world with real tangible stakes and consequences, nothing more.

Claiming "Superman can do anything" is a excuse for bad fucking writing not a required trait of the character.

DCEU haters are all liars. You should know this by now.

I'm 18 and I love Superman.
All Star is one of my favorite capebooks.
Waiting for Swan's Silver Age stuff and Kirby's Jimmy Olsen omnibuses to get republished.

>over 27
>Sup Forums
Shoulda joined the club, this is just pathetic.

I'm 21 and Superman is my third favorite comic book character. I definitely like him more than Batman.

Superman's not popular because Warner Bros. has been mismanaging him since... I dunno, roundabout Superman 3?

Whenever you get something like animated Superman or good Superman comics, that only happens because it's far beyond the view of stupid executives who like to ruin everything.

An R-Rated movie about a Rob Liefeld character who was a ripoff of a Teen Titans character made more money than a Superman movie

I blame this guy

It's pretty much this. You guys are overthinking it way too much.

Superman is not as popular as it used to be because the character is not as present as it was in popular culture. Batman will always be more popular because he's superficially cooler and conflicted and all that shit that's always more popular, but Superman is not as popular as he could be right now.

Hell, Cap is popular right now. Superman can be great again, but nobody cares/believes in the character.

I'm 25 and Superman is my favorite character. I know a lot of people under 30 that like Superman.

>No he wasn't serious until the bus got thrown.
I'm watching the scene right this second and he's serious as soon as it starts.
>He was saying casual silly bullshit like "let step outside general"
>Casual silly bullshit
"Come out here and fight me" is casual silly bullshit to you. That's why we call you an edgelord.

The rest of your post just reveals how big a pleb you are and how you need to get the fuck off of Sup Forums so I'll not be bothering with it.

Except to state that you love whining about how Superman is a Mary Sue for being able to use his super speed to go back in time to save a loved one, but defend the DCEU that has Flash using his super speed to go back in time to deliver a generic "vague threat is coming" warning. That's called hypocrisy you sweet summer child, and hypocrisy is wrong.

>"Come out here and fight me" is casual silly bullshit to you
Its illogical he should have blasted into the room, appearing outside the window gives him no guarantee Zod would not grab Lois and make him surrender or kill her outright.

>Except to state that you love whining about how Superman is a Mary Sue for being able to use his super speed to go back in time to save a loved one
I use it as a example of the many areas in which that film universe lacked consequences or dramatic weight.
I don't actually hate 1 & 2 although their is alot I dislike about them mainly in regard to the slap stick romance & horrible Lois, but I moderately like them.
My rage comes from you people refusing to allow anything different from it and stating this...
>"the writer should never have put him in a situation where killing was the only/right thing to do"
>Superman would not let that happen, he can do anything (referring to the destruction happening on the other side of the world from him while he is saving 7-8 billion lives)
>Superman should not make mistakes (referring to the 711 he didn't see while looking down at Zod or the oil truck he let slide by him because he was rightfully focused on zod)
I don't take issue with Superman being a campy or mary sue-ish at times, I have a problem with you people DEMANDING he never be more then that.

Oh and in regards to the hypocrisy accusation.
We don't know how that will turn out, it may set things in motion more then solving anything.
And its handled seriously & forbodingly instead of being silly. Context & execution is the differentiating factor in that.

Explain how its pleb-ish to want a character to be treated like everyone else and not like the writer is walking on fucking egg shells?

Explain how...
>If I only cared about his fights I would not flat out love that both films had tons of build up and world building before the battle scenes arrive.
Doesn't prove your argument wrong about me being a power fag?

Explain how arguing against this is not fucking insane?
>The character doesn't have one permanent mood

Explain your point of view for once and stop tormenting those that love and hold dear the same thing as you just for different reasons you gutless fucking coward.

>Explain how its pleb-ish to want a character to be treated like everyone else and not like the writer is walking on fucking egg shells?
Well to start with, not every character is the same so treating them as being interchangable is fucking stupid. More importantly, this idea that Superman is treated particularly specially or writers are "walking on fucking egg shells" reveals your overall ignoranceas to the character's history. Clark fails plenty of times and if you think that's an excuse for him to be a constantly miserable pissant then the problem you ave is not what happens, but how the character responds to it. To which I refer you back to the earlier point where characters are different and not interchangeable.

But no, keep on screaming "IT'S TOO SILLY". That's totally working for you. I'm done explaining the character to you. Actually read the books.

It's pretty telling how you CONSTANTLY bring up the Reeves movies and not actual comics. This isn't Sup Forums, shitbird.

Your moving the goalpost.
We have never argued about him being dour.
I will agree he needed more happy scenes in Bvs prior to the senate explosion.

We are arguing about you people saying he should never have been put in a position to kill or confusing him making a mistake (oil truck) with not caring about human life.
My problem lies with what you people are demanding of the character and not the character himself.

>Actually read the books.
I have read or own...
97% of his new 52 material. (haven't read the hel stuff or the conclusion of Morrison's stuff)
Kingdom Come
For Tomorrow
All 3 Earth Ones
The Wrath of Gog
Batman / Superman - Absolute Power.
The Supergirl Batman / Superman arc.
Lex Luthor - Man of Steel
Various Justice League arcs (new 52 and not)

Nothing in any of those is antithetical to his portrayal in the DCEU.
Aspects and context has been changed but the core is intact.

shut it down

>Nothing in any of those is antithetical to his portrayal in the DCEU.
>Aspects and context has been changed but the core is intact.

Are you sure, user?

thrillbent.com/blog/man-of-steel-since-you-asked/

>But about the time we got to the big Smallville fight, my Spider-Sense began to tingle. A lot of destruction. A lot of destruction–and Superman making absolutely no effort to take the fight, like, ONE BLOCK AWAY INTO A CORNFIELD INSTEAD OF ON MAIN STREET. Still, saving people here and there, but certainly never going out of his way to do so, and mostly just trying not to get his ass kicked. (I loved Clark Kent’s pal, Pete Ross, and not just because they cast pre-teen Mark Waid as Pete Ross.)

>And then we got to The Battle of Metropolis, and I truly, genuinely started to feel nauseous at all the Disaster Porn. Minute after minute after endless minute of Some Giant Machine laying so much waste to Metropolis that it’s inconceivable that we weren’t watching millions of people die in every single shot. And what’s Superman doing while all this is going on? He’s halfway around the world, fighting an identical machine but with no one around to be directly threatened, so it’s only slightly less noticeable that thousands of innocents per second are dying gruesomely on his watch. Seriously, back in Metropolis, entire skyscrapers are toppling in slo-mo and the city is a smoking, gray ruin for miles in every direction, it’s Hiroshima, and Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich are somewhere muttering “Too far, man, too far”…but, you know, Superman buys the humans enough time to sacrifice many, many of their own lives to bomb the Giant Machine themselves and even makes it back to Metropolis in time to catch Lois from falling (again), so…yay?

>And then Superman and Lois land in the three-mile-wide crater that used to be a city of eight million people, and the staff of the Planet and a couple of other bystanders stagger out of the rubble to see Superman and say, “He saved us,” and before you can say either “From what?” or “Wow, these eight are probably the only people left alive,” and somehow–inexplicably, implausibly, somehow–before Superman can be bothered to take one second to surrender one ounce of concern or assistance to the millions of Metropolitans who are without question still buried under all that rubble, dead or dying, he saunters lazily over to where General Zod is kneeling and moping, and they argue, and they squabble, and they break into the Third Big Fight, the one that broke my heart.

>See, everyone else in Zod’s army has been beaten and banished, but General Zod lives and so, of course, he and Superman duke it out in what, to everyone’s credit, is the very best super-hero fight I’ve ever seen, just a marvel of spectacle. But once more–and this is where I knew we were headed someplace really awful–once more, Superman showed not the slightest split-second of concern for the people around them. Particularly in this last sequence, his utter disregard for the collateral damage was just jaw-dropping as they just kept crashing through buildings full of survivors. I’m not suggesting he stop in the middle of a super-powered brawl to save a kitten from a tree, but even Brandon Routh thought to use his heat vision on the fly to disintegrate deadly falling debris after a sonic boom. From everything shown to us from the moment he put on the suit, Superman rarely if ever bothered to give the safety and welfare of the people around him one bit of thought. Which is why the climax of that fight broke me.

>Superman wins by killing Zod. By snapping his neck. And as this moment was building, as Zod was out of control and Superman was (for the first time since the fishing boat 90 minutes ago) struggling to actually save innocent victims instead of casually catching them in mid-plummet, some crazy guy in front of us was muttering “Don’t do it…don’t do it…DON’T DO IT…” and then Superman snapped Zod’s neck and that guy stood up and said in a very loud voice, “THAT’S IT, YOU LOST ME, I’M OUT,” and his girlfriend had to literally pull him back into his seat and keep him from walking out and that crazy guy was me. That crazy guy was me, and I barely even remember doing that, I had to be told afterward that I’d done that, that’s how caught up in betrayal I felt. And after the neck-snapping, even though I stuck it out, I didn’t give a damn about the rest of the movie.

>As the credits rolled, I told myself I was upset because Superman doesn’t kill. Full-stop, Superman doesn’t kill. But sitting there, I broke it down some more in my head because I sensed there was more to it since Superman clearly regretted killing Zod. I had to grant that the filmmakers at least went way out of their way to put Superman in a position suggesting (but hardly conclusively proving) he had no choice (and I did love Superman’s immediate-aftermath reaction to what he’d done). I granted that they’d at least tried to present Superman with an impossible choice and, on a purely rational level, and if this had been a movie about a guy named Ultraguy, I might even have bought what he did. But after I processed all that, I realized that it wasn’t so much my uncompromising vision of Superman that made this a total-fail moment for me; it was the failed lead-up TO the moment. As Superman’s having his final one-on-one battle with Zod, show me that he’s going out of his way to save people from getting caught in the middle. SHOW ME that trying to simultaneously protect humans and beat Zod is achingly, achingly costing Superman the fight. Build to that moment of the hard choice…show me, without doubt, that Superman has no other out and do a better job of convincing me that it’s a hard decision to make, and maybe I’ll give it to you. But even if I do? It’s not a victory. Not this sad, soul-darkening, utterly sans-catharsis “triumph” that doesn’t even feel like a win so much as a stop-loss. Two and a half hours, and I never once got the sense that Superman really achieved or earned anything.

>The essential part of Superman that got lost in MAN OF STEEL, the fundamental break in trust between the movie and the audience, is that we don’t just want Superman to save us; we want him to protect us. He was okay at the former, but really, really lousy at the latter. Once he puts on that suit, everyone he bothers to help along the way is pretty much an afterthought, a fly ball he might as well shag since he’s flying past anyway, so what the hell. Where Christopher Reeve won me over with his portrayal was that his Superman clearly cared about everyone. Yes, this Superman cares in the abstract–he is willing to surrender to Zod to spare us–but the vibe I kept getting was that old Charles Schulz line: “I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.”

>Superman making absolutely no effort to take the fight, like, ONE BLOCK AWAY INTO A CORNFIELD INSTEAD OF ON MAIN STREET.
Actually he did twice.
1.) He grabbed Faora and tried to drag her out of town and Non tackled him.
See 0:55
youtube.com/watch?v=xqlaXylsMwQ
2.) He punched Non into the train yard out of main street at 3:05 which is not ideal but still better then nothing.

>He’s halfway around the world, fighting an identical machine
No that is the actual world engine itself what is driving the system, it would keep going regardless if the Black Zero was taken out hence the Kryptonian scientist line "we are now slave to the world engine.
>slo-mo
Nope no slo mo.
>“From what?”
From 100% extinction of the human fucking race.
>“Wow, these eight are probably the only people left alive,”
No the city is fucking massive, the part destroyed by the World Engine was less then a 6th.
>before Superman can be bothered to take one second to surrender one ounce of concern or assistance to the millions of Metropolitans who are without question still buried under all that rubble, dead or dying, he saunters lazily over to where General Zod is kneeling
Because Zod is physically capable of murdering every human being on earth BY HAND if he so wanted.
>Superman showed not the slightest split-second of concern for the people around them
1.) He turned in horror when the Oil truck exploded into the parking garage and Zod instantly attacked him punching him down proving him right to stay focused on Zod.
2.) He never once punched or threw Zod into a single building in Metropolis.
3.) When he let loose in the sky he took Zod to the very edge of down town before the general swerved back in, see pic related.

Dude that guy posted a clickbait meme article and actually believed it. You really think you can convince him that he's wrong?

I don't know what you think the rest of the internet is like but 'more mature' is not how I'd describe it.

>SHOW ME that trying to simultaneously protect humans and beat Zod is achingly, achingly costing Superman the fight
Fighting Zod IS saving lives.
Keeping Zod distracted so he doesn't blitz attack every civilian he lays eyes on IS saving lives.
>that Superman has no other
He has other outs of that exact moment/situation with the family in danger, he has no other outs in stopping Zod period.
>It’s not a victory
THAT IS THE POINT!

Because Man of Steel was awful, and normies associate Superman with being a brooding asshole now with BvS. Also doesn't help that the New 52 made him edgy which translated to the terrible animated New 52 movies. Plus anyone who doesn't think he's a mopey asshole thinks he's boring and outdated.

People think being edgier means more mature

But brooding doesn't make him a asshole.

The new 52 never made him edgy once.
His early days with the jeans was a call back to his social justice days in the 30s.
Him punching the cop was dew to the cop sadistically attacking unarmed 100% defenseless protesters.
He is NOT FUCKING EDGY!

Retard piece of shit fucks like you think taking concepts & situations seriously means being edgy.

The MCU is more grimdark and edgy than the DCEU.

This is a stupid thread.

Audiences were ready for a hopeful, uplifting Superman.
The opening weekend audiences proved this.
The trailers, with their positive vibe, had people ready for a good Superman.

Aaaand WB fucked it all up. Again.

>outside the system
Superman renounced his American citizenship because he refused to allow Waller to try and manipulate him with it.

>a 12yr old's defense
QED

Well a 12 year old's analysis deserves a 12 year old's response.

I believe people have officially outgrown Superman as a whole.

Superman is starting to go the route of every other fictional character that came before him, where they fall into obscurity and are only recognized by people from "the last generation". They awkwardly try to fix them and make them more modern to fit in but always fail to do so. He's not even cool for kids anymore which was honestly the largest fanbase for the character.

"What's so funny about Truth, Justice, and The American Way?" was right, that was the reality we face currently. If Superman were real he would not be accepted by most people because he believes in trying to make a change for the better, people do not like being told they are wrong in their beliefs and do better, most people believe they are Okay just the way they are and damn those asshats that tell them otherwise.

Superman is sadly a pillar of outdated beliefs and morals people no longer believe in. That's why he gets all the hate. Not because of his "undies" (which if you explain to others the origins for why he wears the over-tights, they see the connection and understand), or because he is goofy (people like Deadpool because he is goofy), it is because he is old fashioned for constantly new fashioned world.

Yeah okay edgemaster.

Let's see if you're saying that after Justice League comes out and revitalizes love for Superma.

Meanwhile, Marvel has 3 Captain America movies....

Why would it revitalize anything for a character that'll appear 5 minutes in total?

Captain America is not that big of a hero, and even his character had to be altered after the first movie which was criticized as being boring and stupid by most people.

Man of Steel and Batman v Superman had all those chances to do so. Justice League will be the final nail in the coffin.

People haven't outgrown Superman any more than they've outgrown Super Mario or Mickey Mouse

>and even his character had to be altered after the first movie which was criticized as being boring and stupid by most people.
This never happened and no one has ever said any of this.

>Comparing Superman to Mickey Mouse who hasn't been in the public eye for most children and even most adults.

>Comparing Mario to Superman who is honestly newer than Superman and is also falling out of fame slowly but surely will eventually.

Let's compare someone who is comparable ot Superman.

>Popeye.

How many people fucking talk about Popeye these days? Not many.

>Cthulhu

How many talk about him these days?

All these characters have and will eventually fall into obscurity some day. It's the cycle of fiction.

Stay in your echo chamber then because if you actually look at the reviews and opinions for Captain America: The First Avenger, compared to Captain America: Winter Soldier, you'll see a HUGE difference.

>We are arguing about you people saying he should never have been put in a position to kill or confusing him making a mistake (oil truck) with not caring about human life.
No we weren't.
You don't even know what the argument is and you accuse other people of moving the goalposts. It's hilarious how goddamn pathetic you are.

Yes, because one was a boring movie, and the sequel was good. It had nothing to do with his "personality" supposedly being "boring".

>Let's compare someone who is comparable ot Superman.
>Popeye.
>How many people fucking talk about Popeye these days? Not many.
>Cthulhu
>How many talk about him these days?

Hey maybe Snyder is right. How many people talk about Jesus nowadays?
:^)

If we're just talking about the zeitgeist then Superman has never fallen out. He's been out of favor, but never been out of fashion.

The problem is people don't like him, and people don't like him because the company that owns him don't know what makes him good

If the some cartoon bozo can make shockingly good Mickey Mouse cartoons in 2016 then I'm sure in the right hands someone could make a totally sweet Superman movie.

>Batman v Superman was good.

No. It wasn't. Very few people liked it, and it was fucking DC White Knights who love Zack Snyder's tiny dick and want visual and auditory fan service in their movies and nothing else that loved this movie as if it were the second coming of Citizen Kane.

People did not like Man of Steel because it did nothing to add to his character and did nothing with him other than put him in generic action scenes that destroy the city like what have been done all the time before it and are slowly becoming a cliche. So you're at least right about it being his personality.

Even among the people who have liked BVS I've seen praise for Batman and Wonder Woman but nobody seems to think Superman was any good