Remember how shit season 5 of Dexter was?

Remember how shit season 5 of Dexter was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UfU-sFADX34
youtube.com/watch?v=leeP6LgM8H0
youtu.be/STu4Gh6BXbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no because what came after was much worse.

Not really.
I just remember how shit it was in general towards the end.

julia stiles is so unbelievably bad in it. i'm honestly surprised she didn't fuck a black guy in it

it should have ended on the 4th one

What was that stuff about with Quinn? Didn't he basically have Dexter dead to rights but then let him off for some stupid reason?

Yes it was awful

The first episode was alright.

After that shit hit the fan and Showtime refused to let anything interesting happen in the story.

I stopped watching after the 4th season cause I knew that lithgow couldn't be topped and I'm fairly sure that my decision was right given the overall reactions

They accidentally did final season storyline in season 2 and it was never good again.

I can't even recall which season that was. After Doakes died it all just blended together in a pool of mediocrity and overstaying its welcome.

That whole season ending was basically "let's pretend none of this happened so we can undo the big chances introduced in S4 and go back to formula"

Season 5 should have been Robo-Doakes. Instead, we just got Robocop.

This.

Holy shit Doakes died in s2? Why did I keep watching for 5 more years?

On the bright side if there wete only two good seasons I might consider rewatching them some time.

Not accidentally. The showrunner didn't know if Dexter would make it past season two so, in his own words, he focused on telling the best story he could think of, which was the Butcher investigation.

Then the series went on.

Does anyone have the vertical comic of this?

That actually makes so much sense it's sad. This is how all TV shows should be so props for him. Just tell the best story you can, don't try to establish a franchise.

jesus christ what season is this

>Deb will never make these faces while you're fucking her

Feels bad man

I miss season one Deb and she only got worse as seasons passed.

I can't remember if Dexter got really bad or Breaking Bad was just so much better.

Yep, since it was the last season I watch.

actually both

5 was bad, not unwatchable

season 7 actually entered 'so bad it's good' territory

6 and 8 were off the deep end

I still don't understand when they hire actors capable of one expression only.

Breaking Bad was better and everybody shits on Dexter after season 4 but season 3 was pretty bad with that Miguel shit.

1>4>2>3>7>8>6>5

I watched more than these two shows and the dip in quality was undeniable. The original story was over and they were desperate for ideas to prolong its run.

>Tfw picked up watching Dexter just before the series ended with its final season airing
>get up to the season 4 finale where his gf or wife dies in the bath tub and hear that the final season was utter trash with the ending being terrible
>decide to drop the show to save myself the dissapointment
>as a result i only have good memories with Dexter with it having a good ending with my headcannon being the show got canclled after the end of season 4

feels good man

The first episode of season 5 was great, and the rest of the season wasn't awful.

Both. I would argue that season 1 of Dexter was arguably better than Breaking Bad though, the awful taste of the 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8 makes a lot of people forget just how strong Dexter started off.

>8
>over anything

>let's bring back Rudy as dark passenger for one episode so we can have some kind of antithesis to Harry dark passenger/conscious when Harry is in almost every single episode

I was disappointed to say the least.

Name a worse moment in television, I fucking dare you

>the final season was utter trash
It wasn't just one season.
1 and 2 were top tier tv.
3 and 4 were solid well produced television even if a little scattered all over.
5, 6, 7 and 8 were all a complete garbage. Plots and characters comparable to a teen drama and nothing made any sense. Barely any continuity either.

Also I'm not sure if it was a case of me growing up or the writing getting worse but holy shit I started to cringe at the "dark passenger" shit as the show went on.

LOL WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS REAL? IT'S SHOT LIKE A SHITTY B MOVIE

Shut up, cunt.

Dexter ended with season 4.

Well I was just wanting it to end and if it was a different show I would have liked the finale.

>gif

that moment in season 3 when Dexter plays Halo 3 on a PC using just the keyboard

youtube.com/watch?v=UfU-sFADX34

Honestly computers can do this shit nowadays, which makes it better than anything CSI does in terms of computers

Not as bad as any video game related anything on SVU even before gamergate that shit was full retard.

Yes. IIRC it was also the first episode of a season and used to establish Dexter as a bad parent and that his house isn't a safe environment to raise a child in.

This
The Trinity Killer was their last hoorah, after it the show went to shit

That's pathetic

Season 7 was decent thanks to based Ray Stevenson and the smoking hot Poison Ivy chick

S8 though was an abomination

My favorite post season 4 episode was Hammertime because it just screams writer's fantasy.

>goes to high school reunion
>get blowjob from Stacy
>kill Chad

>Poison Ivy chick

Hanna?

Dexter taught me to never stick with a show that hits a sharp decline, even if the bantz are fun. I can't believe I watched every episode of this shitshow.

Luckily I dropped Walking Dead long ago.

>what came after
what do you mean?

>all those years people joked about RoboDoakes
>find out it was actually in the books

This show may have gone to shit but holy shit the books were on another level.

What was this guy's problem? Why'd he kill his sister other than his version of the professor telling him to? Didn't he know the professor wasn't real by the end of the season?

God, not even Emilia Clarke is this bad

I just remember this show having the worst ending of any show imaginable. Like Dexter just becomes a hobo or something.

Holy shit what?

Why did he have to die so early, Sup Forums?

funny to see this thread. I am in the middle of rewatching all that shit. It's not so bad m8

Well the character she plays is bad too and only reason it's noticeable later in GoT is because she's got more screen time.

Masuka was /ourguy/

Lumberjack

I dropped Walking Dead a few seasons ago as well, glad I did, not sure why anyone still persists with that abomination of a show.

yeah me too. i think part of the reason i stopped watching walking dead was because of what happened with dexter too.

you just know walking dead will be on for 15 seasons too. AMC has no other hit shows anymore.

Because he literally stood in the writers way.

youtube.com/watch?v=leeP6LgM8H0

When he killed Malvo his spirit invaded his body and became Malvo

I forgot the show existed at all desu

Or that one time when they used that song from Lost

>DUDE I LOVE LOST
>LET'S PAY HOMAGE TO IT

Was season 5 the one with Tom Hanks kid and the other Ghost Dad which was obvious to everybody as soon as Edwards James Olmos turned up?

Racist writers

Season 5 was the one where Julia Stiles got gang raped by a bible camp group of friends and one of them was a motivational speaker
>TAKE IT

Season 6 was the >muh relijun shit

Seasons 6, 7, and 8.

>Mad Men ended
>Hell on Wheels ended
>The Killing was sold to Netflix and died
>Breaking Bad ended
>Halt and Catch Fire has one last season
>Low Winter Sun died because they advertised it as the after Breaking Bad show when ot could have been The Wire of AMC
>they shat out some show with David Schwinmer as lead
>some show about apps which is a rip off of Silicon Valley is being put on Monday
>Walking Dead and its spinoff is still being shat out

You now remember the character that was Astor

No it was that woman that poisons people, was left in charge of him in Debs home, then he goes on the treadmill and falls and she's hiding from the police but has to take him to the hospital.

It's just so fucking bad, why did it fuck up so horribly?

I remember Astor but not the character

They also brought Ghost Doakes that one only time

I remember everyone being hyped for this episode and it was totally forgettable.

People were hyped for Nebraska?

i want to fuck season 1 astor

Astor was the daughter of the first girlfriend/wife.

The books have some serious bullshit on them, but one thing they did right (other than killing Larguerta on s1) was keeping Brian alive and having him pop in now and then.

They didn't know how long they'd last so did the whole "bay harbour butcher" arc early.
Besides if he was still in it 7 seasons later he'd be the worst detective ever to have still not caught Dexter.
I think it's better for a show to use up their good stories to make a few good seasons than trying to stretch it out forever, same with movies. The new King Arthur decided not to use Merlin, Lancelot or Guinevere to save them for future films and then that one ended up shit

No. I stopped watching after the fourth season.

I was hyped because I wanted Rudy to become the dark passenger which would lead to Dex's downfall because he was reckless as fuck that episode.

I know, I'm saying I literally don't remember her doing anything worth of notice other than being there. The only scene that comes to mind is when Dexter has to break the news that Rita's ded

Actually accurate.

The pyromaniac English chick.

>wearing those Mickey Mouse ears while giving the most deadpan delivery of your mother is dead

kek

Hmm I might be confusing two episodes but wasn't there also some bullshit excuse to write the children away because "living with him isn't safe" for something ridiculous that could happen to anyonw.

The mother got killed and the grand parents decided to take them because Dex made up a lie that he was a recovering heroin junkie, like the idiot womans ex (who plays Lucifer in Supernatural).

I thought it was to cause an emergency so that Hannah would be in public and get caught?

Literally the only reason I kept watching past season 4.

She kidnapped both Astor and Cody and then later in season 4 her friend is being abused by her dad and Dexter punches him the kidney. Astor was pointless and other than being targeted by a pedophile, as stated above, and Dexter having some problems with throwing her in a pool she's pointless.

Sad thing is it's still better than the books.

The kid had blue eyes up until he was 2 years old. They stay that color after that period of time and then 2 seasons later they are dark brown and they find a kid that actually looks like Dexter.

Dex actor had cancer whilst filming one of the seasons, he also had a relationship with Deb IRL but they broke up because he's gay IRL.

>Derp eyes

You don't remember getting pissy over every little thing even when it made no sense just to re-establish the "Dexter doesn't know how to deal with people" meme?

youtu.be/STu4Gh6BXbs

First 4 seasons had at least one Astor throwing a fit -scene per episode.

jennifer carpenter is a national treasure