Tell me one good thing about the EU and one bad thing

Tell me one good thing about the EU and one bad thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_European_Union_membership_referendum,_1994
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its pretty gay

not gay enough

good: they're fucking over br*ts
bad: they're fucking over Greeks

Good thing: It is about to collapse
Bad thing: Its existance.

free travel, no incentive to grow for your country

standardized packaging, all the info you want is required on products even if they're imported, no false advertising

meddling with local affairs that have no impact on europe as a whole and should be left to the voters in that particular country

it's pretty good
it's pretty bad

Upside: Don't need to stand in line at the border checkpoint for half an hour when going on vacation anymore (wow it's fucking nothing)

Downside: The unsecured inner borders leave the doors wide open for property crime. Burglary rates continually increase every year and absolutely nothing is done about it.

good thing: reciprocal healthcare, car insurance, mobile phone roaming
bad thing: everything else, the euro is handy but I'm so glad we're not a part

Good: Less Jews
Bad: More Muslims

>for half an hour
I traveled pretty extensively around Europe before Schengen and it's more like 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

and traveling to US still takes fucking ages which is the only one that needed speeding up

It makes communists very angry

If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all

Put your leaf back on, bastard face.

Nobody tells Perú what to do, mogolico.

good for them: they don't accept us
bad for us: they don't accept us

fite me irl

>Good: Less Jews

I'll be waiting, faggot.

good thing: unity, peace and prosperity
bad thing: not federalising fast enough

I don't care about this thread, but they spammed it in the /nederdraad/ because they wanted my opinion.

My opionion is that I don't care and you shouldn't either. Now go fuck yourself macedonian spammer.

Good thing: I can go more easily to other peoples countries.
Bad thing: Other people can come to my country.

Good thing: is more long-term focussed and so can bring in legislation that is more far-seeing that anything that would get passed by regular politicians and their measly 4-year timescale

Bad thing: its fundamentally undemocratic and is ripe for corporate abuse (although it hasn't happened yet the lack of guards against it make it only a matter of time)

This

>although it hasn't happened yet
lmao

Good thing:
No visas and euromoneys
Bad thing:
No one takes the parliament seriously.

ironically this

ALTHOUGH IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET

>euro is a good thing
oh my sweet summer child

>Free cash from the EU is a bad thing
?

>6:29 PM
why is /brit/ so slow?

this

good thing: more brown/black people
bad thing: wh*Te people

the rest

liberal propaganda

Only shithole countries gain from it though.

good thing: free roaming
bad thing: everything else

>""""Free"""""

makes buying shit from and traveling to other eu countries easy

is fundamentally undemocratic and removes power from the nation states (and in turn the people of respective nation) while concentrating power to the elite in brussels

Out of all the answers in the thread, this one is the most correctest-est.

this

source?

>Free
You mean from the British, German, French, Dutch and Scandinavian taxpayers?

how is EU fundamentally undemocratic?

good: common market
bad: UK leaving the EU

>Country decides to join the EU for its benefits understanding the responsibilities that come with it
>REEEE BRUSSELS

I can only speak for my own country but we only joined the EU after a referendum that had a similar result as the recent Brexit vote, only yes/no in reverse:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_European_Union_membership_referendum,_1994

Also, the EU in 1994 was very different from the EU of today.

>bad thing
its fucking shit
>good thing
hopefully it will fall apart

Good:
Calls Norway out on their discrimination against fathers
Bad:
Constantly attack our consumer rights

Good thing: ...

Bad thing: they spread their cancerous beliefs.

Can you actually make what you are saying more concrete? What evil is the EU doing? Honestly, I think the EU is one of the most moral institutions in the world. I won't say they are perfect but compared to the US? Russia? China?

not enough accountability
debates (and the decisions) in the Council are strictly private and COMPLETELY non-transparent

if my government fucks over the citizenry, we can unelect them easily and directly, but if the EU fucks us over, all we can do is lobby our MEPs to push their vote towards partially unelecting them, which is obviously much weaker. Especially when you consider that MEPs are obviously highly easy to influence on a personal level.

The source is the manga "Please don't bully me, Nagatoro" chapter 9, page 14.

You are welcome.

We're leaving
Nothing

>debates (and the decisions) in the Council are strictly private and COMPLETELY non-transparent
when your PM talks with her ministers, she does it in private as well

>but if the EU fucks us over
If EU fucks you over, it means the European council fucks you over. Your PM is member of the council, you can hold her accountable

I don't see the relevance of the US, Russia or China to the discussion. I am not a fan of either of them.
I don't mind european cooperation but I am strongly against the idea of a European Federation because of the cultural, political and economic differences of the European continent.
Of course, today the EU is not yet a federation but that is clearly what the EU elite is pushing for in the long term.
A relatively small country like Sweden has a rather limited degree of influence over what direction the EU is headed towards compared to the giant (and genereally speaking pro federation) countries like France and Germany.

thank you, my south american friend

Face it m8 Mrs Merkel's Fourth Reich is coming to an end

>Constantly attack our consumer rights
Explain.

If anything, the glyphosate decision shows they care more about companies than consumers.

and here i was hoping for a serious discussion...

Good:
Sometimes they are more concerned with civil liberties and consumer rights than the host country are, essentially leading to protecting our freedom from an oppressive government or corporations, For example they put a stop to the Swedish government forcing ISP's to hoard user data to the threat of huge fines because fuck everyone's basic human right to privacy. At least for now until they find some loophole.
Bad:
They don't really give a fuck about how their laws might affect individual countries or regions, leading to the opposite of caring about civil liberties and consumer rights.

They always try to lower our requirement for how long a product can last. A few years ago they tried to make it so that expensive things like refrigerators, cellphones, cars, TVs, game consoles and many other things were only required to last for 2 years, down from 5. In the end they didn't end up doing it, but now they are trying again, for online stores.
In Norway, we can go to the store and demand that our refrigerator or playstation or whatever is either repaired, or replaced if they aren't able to repair it, if they break within 5 years of no fault of our own. EU tries to reduce this to 2 years.

Is Croatia not benefiting from the EU?

Good: It bestows era of unprecedented peace and international cooperation upon European continent
Bad: as every other creation of man it suffers from imperfections, like shoddily implemented common currency

good:
We're closer to a european superstate than napoleon or the romans have ever been
bad:
the liberal and internationalistic worldview its more powerfull members try to enforce onto the less powerfull members

only cucks do
thats a fucking political union, not an economic one and mentality, culture and political views of core EU countries is completely different than most of other states who are forced to comply

5 years is quite long, no wonder companies don't want that.

Correction: it's not really the price that determines how long something is required to last, it's how long it's meant to last. Something that's only meant to last for a short time is required to last for 2 years, something that's meant to last for much longer is required to last for 5 years.

It has always worked, and that's not an excuse. Companies and consumers are enemies, of course they want things that are bad for people.

you balkanites just got in because of your beach and refuse to behave like humans instead of apes, ofcourse you hate it

> bad
It's not a workers' revolutionary state
> good
It will become a workers' revolutionary state

【Good point of brexit】
The UK's immigration problem will be less
The UK will be not affected by the ECB's monetary policy
The UK Government will be able to implement free policies

【Bad point of brexit】
The UK's trade will be detrimental
(Japanese cars produced in the UK were exported to EU countries)
Company in the UK will be overseas spill

>bad: UK leaving the EU
Why? The UK leaving pretty much paves the way for the EU to morph into the federalised superstate it needs to be in order to truly be a success.

Gutting your own economy for negligble gains through subsidiaries which basicly enslave you to the political system based in brussels.
>Good
Your country is like a hooker, and a cheap one in fact for the german economy xD

I often hear the dissatisfaction.
(Regulations of the EU which are too strict)
In Croatia, weren't there massive opposition movements when joining the EU?

>t. A. Hitler
the post

>pedro will have to work

the horror

This

Freedom of movement
Freedom of movement

there was a lot of EU propaganda and faggots were scaring people with shit like "there wont be money for pensions if we dont vote for EU"
still they had to change the law so we could enter it because nobody gave a fuck about them, less than 20% came out on EU referendum

this

also good thing:
cooperation among europeans against russians, americans and chinese
bad thing:
no strong army or strong outermost border control

but this time, we dont want to genocide you, we want you as our fellow citizens in the European superstate

EU is american little bitch

Only if you belong to NATO. Americans fear the size of EU economy. They see us as a competitor

>one good thing about the EU
The EU and the process of European integration in general ushered an unprecedented era of peace, freedom, political stability and wealth for the average European citizen which this continent has never known before. If the EU implodes then future generations will look back fondly at this era and elevate it to an golden age. Kind of like some ex-yugos look back at Tito's Yugoslavia.

>bad thing
The EU is totally incompetent at public relations and easily abused, targeted and blamed by national governments for their woes. I was shocked to discover that young adults my age or even the current generation of pupils in other member states don't seem to learn a single thing on how the EU actually works, its branches and its political mechanisms in their national civics classes.

Did these problems occre also in other countries?

"Before the EU joining, the Croatian government didn't clearly indicate that impact will be on Croatia.
And since the Croatian government(?) told a lie, Croatian people were fooled.
More over mostly Croatian people didn't think that the EU joining was so important."

So what? They are richer than Russians without large population or resources.
This bydlo language is only used by losers to feel better about themselves

i dont know, probably, hungary maybe
i dont really care they annoy me so i stopped following local and eu politics years ago because i really hate them with passion

Thank you.
But, if Croatia will be like Brexit, Croatian withdrawal from the EU may be quite difficult.

unfortunately i dont think we will ever leave
our people are too lazy to do anything about it and politicians like their EU benefits, and also EU probably knows that they are all corrupted and can blackmail them if they dont do as they say

good thing: Britain is leaving
bad thing: it's not leaving fast enough

it's a scheme for top dogs to profit from
I wish it a swift death
misery, cancer and all the earth's woes upon all the politicians, employees and peasants who still believe in it.