One was killed because Peter was too young for commitment and to make place for the writer's waifu

>one was killed because Peter was too young for commitment and to make place for the writer's waifu
>one was robbed of her marriage to Peter because his commitment to her was aging his character
>One has been being fucked over by writers throughout her entire existence
Why does Marvel hate Peter's love interests so much? Do any other superhero's girls have it worse?
except for DD's maybe

MJ is so much better than the others.

Don't even start with this shit MJfag, take your waifu war elsewhere.

Dared...

Ok just saw the spoiler text

They all look high in that picture

Spider-man is man child fodder
Peter has to be one way or someone loses it

>>One has been being fucked over by writers throughout her entire existence
It ain't fair, bros.

Daredevil sure didn't

Green Lantern's maybe.

Has Hal had any other longterm relationship other than Carol?
Not Arisa. Spacebait doesn't count

And Kyle got over that refrigerating pretty quick.

You see, it's shit like this that makes me really hate comics.

A girlfriend/wife is exactly what Peter needs because it would hurt him the most.
His whole life is a tug between responsibility and what he wants.
That struggle is what makes Spider-man interesting.
But we never see it developed for any amount of time because comics have hack writers.

John Stewart had Katma.

But either way it takes like three different green lanterns to reach Spidey's level of screwed over girlfriends.

Green Lanterns typically have other kinds of problems.
Balance and what not.

Fuck, that's got to give you some reason for thought. Superman comes up to you and basically says GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

Caring, understanding, patient Superman has had enough of your shit.

Superman's most potent superpower is actually "Super-disappointment".
No one can withstand that.

There's a short comic with great art about Superman's first contact with Captain Marvel. When he finds out that Billy is just a boy, he unleashes the full power of Super-disappointment on the Wizard

There's nothing TO MJ other than being "Spidey's love interest"

I mean, there aren't a lot to other supporting characters with development that don't end up as villains.

MJ is spunky and wants Peter.
That's enough.

face it, tiger. MJ is shit.

we've SEEN Peter work with MJ, it's hard to argue evidence in favor of what doesn't exist.

no its
1.black cat
2. MJ
3. gwen stacy
MJ has not been a fun person in years

Black Cat is shit.
He's the antithesis to Spider-man.
With great power comes fucking steal shit, man.

Yeah, not Peter

>A girlfriend/wife is exactly what Peter needs because it would hurt him the most.
IMHO his journey was complete and it was perfect. There was nothing wrong with him becoming a forensics expert/teacher/co and May Parker taking over

Black cat is not shit. black cat is pailful or justifiably angry because parker fucked her over somehow.
>With great power comes fucking steal shit, man.
That is bit disingenuous but fine. opposites attract and if Peter was a good earner she would stop stealing shit. maybe just do security tests (like she sometimes does)

I agree.
Peter would say absolutely no at first, but then would agree as she reminded him of himself.
And he'd join her from time to time when things became serious.

God damn, that's be fucking good.

>just read Spider Family and Spider-Girl "What If"
This shit feels pretty damn good. Why exactly couldn't this keep going?

Of course opposites attract.
Peter always feels the need to stop trying to be Spider-man.
To not care about New York.
It's always the temptation and that's what Felicity represents.
The "Fuck it" desire of Peter.
You're superstrong, fast, and buff. Why not make the world your oyster?
That's what Peter was before Uncle Ben died.

That person is always inside him and Black Cat calls to that part of Peter.

But he can't ever say yes. Black Cat should always be extremely attractive and reasonable. Because that's what giving up sounds like.
But Peter should never go with it. At least, not forever.

Because Marvel execs look at the baseline Spider-man formula and look at how it sustained the brand for almost half a century.
Then they say "Never ever change it. It's made us money so far. Don't kill the Golden Goose"

The problem I have with Black Cat, especially now, is that it is a longer flirtatious version of the very thing that started Peters career as Spiderman.

Peter lets what at the time appears to be a petty thief go for his own personal gratification. And then later that same thief turns out to be capable of much worse.

And if they actually used that angle. Addressed the fact that through his actions or inaction's Peter feels responsible for what Black Cat has been doing. Maybe they could salvage something story wise from this current period in Spider-Mans life. But they don't and am almost certain they won't, so it's just Peter turned his head the other way and let bad things happen and to some extent learned little to nothing from one of the defining moments of his life.

>God damn, that's be fucking good.
And thus, will never happen.

>Peter would say absolutely no at first, then be brutally reminded of how evil Normie is when she gets Goblin Bombed some time later

Jesus.
In a hypothetical situation where Norman is alive and kills Mayday Parker...
God damn. I cannot think of a hero's retribution that would be more brutal

Gwen wasn't killed by mandate, it was just something Conway did when Stan was overseas. StAn had planned for her to marry Pete.

That would literally be his supervillain origin. I almost want it to happen because of how fucking brutal that best down would be. It'd make Grim Hunt Peter seem like 60's Spidey.

It's not ever gonna be real, but thinking about it actually bothers me. God damn.
It'd be like Back in Black dialed up to 100.

Peter's real super power, is super suffering.

That's what makes her so good, she represents spider-man's internal struggle and actually brings some good conflict to the table, rather than the same old "omg MJ/gwen if i love you you'll never be safe from my enemiees"

This is why I'd love a Spider-man series that goes all of Peter's life without ever retconning. Just unforgiving continuity.

I think that Peter's potential for evil is higher than pretty much any other hero.
Look at him before he was Spider-man. He was practically gunning to Columbine the place up.
Ben's death was what saved him.

If his daughter died, he's expand that prerogative of "Great responsibility" to killing everyone who'd ever raise a hand in violence to anyone.
Any super villain, any mugger, any lowlife with ambitions.
He'd be like the Flash in Kingdom Come. Everywhere in New York. Not a single moment anyone could think to act out without expecting the wrath of the Spider

Peter would recognize that what he was doing was wrong, but he accept the sin. If he were religious (which he sometimes is), he'd accept his soul's damnation. Great responsibility.

Except they've killed the fucking Goose several fucking times. They killed MJ when Byrne was writing and he made Mattie try fucking Pete, then they had them separated during the start of the JMS era. And OMD was when Quesadilla just said "fuck it" and wanted Peter to live out his fantasy life because he either hated being married or wanted Peter to live out his fucked up bachelor life. Also Brevoort has said controversy sells, but Spider-Man is now dipping into the 70k in "sales" which may not be cancellation numbers, but for Spider-Man? Those are terrible.

They weren't trying to kill the Goose.
All of those were trying to put it back together.
The Golden Goose according to Marvel is the perpetual origin story to Spider-man.
Teenager, great power, great responsibility, juggling highschool, girlfriend he wants but can't have.

That's the Golden Goose.

Anything that changes that for a long time kills that Goose.
He's out of High School? Goose dies, better restart it by retcon.
Wife instead of semi on semi off girlfriend? Goose dies, better restart.

Spider-man is always about the reliability to a 15 year old.
That's what comics are all about.
It worked on me then. It probably worked on you too.
You still buying?
Then it worked forever.
They want a new generation to keep going. To grow up to be us.

>60's Spider-Man not crazy when pushed
Grim Hunt is the repetition of a beat, not a new beat.
Pic related. This is one of most famous stylines in comics dor a reason.

Peter was always on the edge.

It's no surprise that his character always teeters on the edge of a murderous rampage.

Really though, all this talk makes me want an ongoing of a real continuity Spider-man story.
For Peter at 15 being bit to him at 50.
What happens?

The problem was that they saw that while Peter was married in the 80s he was still selling well. It's only when the lead up to 90s Marvel that lead them to believe that a single Spider-Man was necessary so they used the plot that a couple writers came up with to have the clone come back for a brief story and fuck shit up. Ultimate also was a alternate universe so they got away with basically rehashing all of the Amazing storylines over the years into a compressed the fuck out of single in-universe year.

That's certainly how Erik Larsen thinks about it. He publicly said as much. When he got his hands on the character, he did everything he could to turn back the clock short of actual time-manipulation. One would think that if Marvel is so dedicated to this idea, they would create an in-story excuse using magic or radioactive DNA to keep Peter perpetually young. That is exactly what happened over at DC with Superboy who was genetically engineered to remain a teenager forever. Instead, we keep getting these painfully contrived acts of peeling back Peter's skin every few years by writers who really should know better.

You'd probably just get the Mayday Parker universe. But I'd also read Old Man Logan style Spider-man with Grunkle style Pete teaching new heroes what responsibility actually means--not wearing a costume, but putting your life on the line. Doing it for good, not for glory. Pure street level goodness.

>yfw grizzled Police Chief style Pete working with J. Jameson Junior/Man wolf to train a new generation of heroes and clean up New York

Is it really waifu wars and best girl won only for a salty fan to pull a George Lucas and change the iconic because he didn't like it.

Also a divorce left him salty?

Yeah. Besides, the correct answer is Sophia "Chat" Sandoval.

Fuck I want that

>some recruit comes in bloodied and weak
>Peter wants to go out
>JJJJ says No
>Peter pulls the Black Suit on
>I have to do it
Fuck me that's great.

Parkerfags are the biggest fucking babies I swear. As if he's special in ANY of those regards, yet you guys are the only ones making weekly threads to circlejerk over how hard your favorite hero has it.

I very rarely see any discussion of the character here that isn't "my favorite girl is best," "Spider-Man could totally win this fight," and "Parker has the worst life of any superhero ever how does he cope?"

Savage Dragon's love interests have it worse. Larsen'll even bring 'em back from the dead just to kill 'em again.

Apparently you only go into threads you hate then.

>Love of his life murdered by his arch enemy
>Fiance left him because of Mephisto's magic bird or some shit
>Can't even date qt Korean waifu because of Spider-Hormones

Being Peter is suffering

Sup Forums has to have someone that isn't batgod.

Apart from Kaine there are no other good Spiders

I really like Savage Dragon, I never liked his ASM.

So at the end who is the father of the baby of Spiderwoman? (Please say Peter, I don't even care how).

( You know it'll be Carol. )

Are you kidding? MJ was the empowered, modern feminist before people knew what that was.

She's a strong female that leads her own life but shares and is a partner with Peter.

This page, FUCK.
This was the absolute worst.

Honestly to this day Peter should FUCKING HATE Wanda. Not that I even think they hang out or fight together. But when he does see her he just stare her the fuck down flip over a piece of furniture and then leave.

All the more reason for Sup Forums ...er, ah ... Sup Forums... to hate her. And post about how they hate her ... here, where, um... Sup Forums posts their anti-feminist hate...

>Honestly to this day Peter should FUCKING HATE Wanda
Give it a rest Scott.

I'm not hip to marvel after the 80's really, is this House of M?

>. If he were religious (which he sometimes is),
I thought Peter was ALWAYS religious. Talks with God and whatnot.

It's the end of it.
It's after reality gets set back on course.
It's when Peter had just been living his perfect life.
>Married to Gwen with a family
>Publicly respected as a hero
>Famed scientist
>MJ was never stuck with him and she went on to be a famous model and celebrity
>JJJ worked for him
Just the best life you could expect for him

And that page is what happened when it was all taken away and his original life came back to him but he could remember what he just had.

But this MUTIE lover thinks there's no reason to hold a grudge.

Something something spiders kill their mates

>Gwen Stacy

Not even once.

This is why I can never care about Peter's new love interests. Even if they somehow turn out good (which, unless someone besides Slott creates them, is unlikely), everyone knows it won't last.

Kyle Reyner's

MJ is still Peter's endgame regardless of what the crummy main books do. She's his wife and crime-fighting partner in the upcoming RYV book, and if that is'nt your speed, she's still pretty normal and supportful of Peter in the newspapers.

I've always wondered hoe the fuck people can say Spider-man is relatable.
>was bullied in school
>is super genius
>is super funny
>magically gained super powers
>saves world
>has beautiful women throw themselves at him constantly
He's just a massive fucking self insert.
>mfw he's basically the Kirito of comics

>the way he cried when he saw Gwen even though he should have no memory of the real world and therefore no reason to
Despite the rest of the comic bein shit, this part kind of sucked to read.

Isn't it the female that kills the male though?

I'm not sure how I feel about Campbell giving MJ powers in RYV, on one hands it's kind of stupid, on the other it looks like he's giving marriagefags the full course.

Because each writer after thinks they can make a better love intrest only to fail miserably.

Yeah but life shits on him all the time.

I mean just read about Kirito in the last arc, his friend dies just so that the girl he liked joins Kirito's harem.

It's fucking bullshit.

Fuck silk, her creation was just fucking stupid. If I were to write her out I would do it in such a way just to piss off slott. I would make her actually imaginary made up by a fat little fairy (you know where I am going with this) and void her out of exsistance and make black cat and mj be under his spell only to be taken out of it to show how their minds were manipulated by this fat turd for his waifu character. Spider man uses science to send him back to his dimension of a one bed room apartment filled with badly drawn silks on the wall stacks of fan fiction.

>was bullied in school
Well there is your first reason why he was relatable.
>super funny
Only to the readers, the characters find his annoying as fuck.
>has beautiful women throw themselves at him
Only as spiderman, not as parker.
>Super scientist
How is this a self insert quality when the majority of fans aren't super scientists?

because they want to be (actually they just think they want to be it'd actually be pretty boring if they weren't into it). I think the other user meant the wish-fulfillment sort of self insert.